The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quick Question....

+39
captain carrantuohil
Mind the windows Tino.
Fists of Fury
trottb
TheMackemMawler
Boxtthis
Adam D
kevchadders
two_tone
TRUSSMAN66
ShahenshahG
John Bloody Wayne
davidemore
superflyweight
TopHat24/7
Union Cane
Lumbering_Jack
seanmichaels
JabMachineMK2
Super D Boon
cave_man_KO
88Chris05
oxring
Sugar Boy Sweetie
bellchees
Strongback
J.Benson II
sodhat
OasisBFC
Nico the gman
Bob
Rowley
bhb001
manos de piedra
joeyjojo618
coxy0001
AlexHuckerby
The Galveston Giant
Gordy
43 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Quick Question.... - Page 3 Empty Quick Question....

Post by Gordy Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Hi all,

First post here. To start just want to say Im not a big boxing follower so apologies in advance if this question is silly. My question is basically is David Haye the worst ever heavyeight champion?

To give you a bit of background as to why I am asking, I am sure you are all aware that boxing legend Joe Frazier passed away recently and I was discussing this down in the pub with a few mates (none of whom know any more than me about boxing I should add). Now I watched the last David Haye fight and will happily admit that I bought into all the hype surrounding it. I really thought he was going to knock out the big Russian guy and put boxing on the map again. I hadnt really been following it much since the days of Tyson, Lewis and Holyfield so I really believed Haye was going bring back some of the excitement and didnt think the Russian guy was any use. Needless to say I was pretty shocked at how useless Haye was and felt the whole thing had just been a scam to make a few quid rather than a real heavyweight title fight. Now as I said this to my mates that Haye must have been the worst ever champion and somebody like Joe Frazier would absolutely clean up today they claimed that Haye would be his equal given how much sports had improved. I find it hard to believe given how rubbish boxing seems to be at the moment that somebody like Frazier who fought against Ali would not be able to knock out the likes of Haye or these Russian guys and I just want to get the opinions of some more knowledgeable folks on how good Haye is compared to other champions?

The other side question I wanted to ask if any of you guys actually box is how much a toe injury like Haye had would affect you? Is there any weight in that or is it all just an excuse?

Cheers

Gordy

Back to top Go down

Quick Question.... - Page 3 Empty Re: Quick Question....

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 2:36 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:I must admit, even though I didn't like the guy, Coxy gave much more to the board than Gordy - I wasn't aware of the reason why he's been kicked off (still not) but I'm sure a "last time or lifetime ban" warning could be issued. Allow him to choose his own fate perhaps?

In fairness, as Tino alluded to, Coxy only had himself to blame. Went off on one, against a WUM from memory, was told he'd get banned if he didn't wind his neck in but he kept going.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 3:35 pm

Ah fair play. He'll be missed I'm sure (not by me, but he seemed liked)

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 20 Dec 2012, 3:41 pm

Went off on one, against a WUM from memory

Yep, Tina is definitely a WUM.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Dec 2012, 3:44 pm

superflyweight wrote:

thumbsup

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 3:50 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

thumbsup

Hahahaha was it Tino??!! laughing sorry mate! Just can't imagine you winding up anyone enough to get them that angry, even Coxy!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 20 Dec 2012, 3:58 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

thumbsup

Hahahaha was it Tino??!! laughing sorry mate! Just can't imagine you winding up anyone enough to get them that angry, even Coxy!

He always did hate me since our Pacquiao - JMM III bet sent him into a weeks exile.

I only gave him a gentle ribbing, he threw a hissy fit and called me a 'little stalkerish psycho w**nker'. Charming.

How dare he call me a psycho.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:09 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

thumbsup

He always did hate me since our Pacquiao - JMM III bet sent him into a weeks exile.

Hahaha remember that well, thoroughly entertaining!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:17 pm

It seems to have been forgotten by some that Coxy was only ever back on here in recent months because us mods and the admin team went soft and reversed one lifetime ban he'd already had before in the first place! I don't think it was asking too much from him, given that he was lucky be be back at all and that we basically made a big exception for him, to be reasonable and not deliberately a constant pain in the rear.

But alas, nothing changed; anyone who disagreed with him was an "idiot", a "wum" or a "clown" (amongst others), anyone who expressed a fondness for a fighter who peaked after the fifties obviously knew nothing about the sport and was plainly ignorant, and when told time and time again to stop banging on about streaming he instead preferred to do his pale imitation of MLK's "I have a dream" speech, acting as if he was some kind of v2 freedom fighter assisting you all in your struggle of injustice against the mod / admin team.

Gordy is like a beacon of brilliant shining light in the Valley of Darkness in comparison.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:22 pm

88Chris05 wrote:But alas, nothing changed; anyone who disagreed with him was an "idiot", a "wum" or a "clown" (amongst others),

Sounds like Truss.... Whistle

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:23 pm

I always thought Gordy and TRUSS were the same person

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:23 pm

88Chris05 wrote:It seems to have been forgotten by some that Coxy was only ever back on here in recent months because us mods and the admin team went soft and reversed one lifetime ban he'd already had before in the first place! I don't think it was asking too much from him, given that he was lucky be be back at all and that we basically made a big exception for him, to be reasonable and not deliberately a constant pain in the rear.

But alas, nothing changed; anyone who disagreed with him was an "idiot", a "wum" or a "clown" (amongst others), anyone who expressed a fondness for a fighter who peaked after the fifties obviously knew nothing about the sport and was plainly ignorant, and when told time and time again to stop banging on about streaming he instead preferred to do his pale imitation of MLK's "I have a dream" speech, acting as if he was some kind of v2 freedom fighter assisting you all in your struggle of injustice against the mod / admin team.

Gordy is like a beacon of brilliant shining light in the Valley of Darkness in comparison.

You just invalidated everything you said with that last staement Laugh but Yes, anyone who keeps poking hoping for a reaction despite being warned several times before kinda deserves it.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:25 pm

anyone who keeps poking hoping for a reaction despite being warned several times before kinda deserves it.

It's ruined many a Christmas of mine and no mistake!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:27 pm

Where's Azzzzzzzania? Havent seen a locked thread in a couple of weeks, so I am assuming he has been away...? Missing Alma as well, always enjoy reading his posts, never beats around the bush.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by two_tone Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:30 pm

DAVE667 wrote:I always thought Gordy and TRUSS were the same person

It can't be Trussman, Gordy seems far more intelligent.

two_tone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:34 pm

Well, his spelling is certainly better

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:43 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Well, his spelling is certainly better

And his grammar........

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:45 pm

two_tone wrote:Where's Azzzzzzzania? Havent seen a locked thread in a couple of weeks, so I am assuming he has been away...? Missing Alma as well, always enjoy reading his posts, never beats around the bush.

Yeh, hope Alma's ok, he was pretty ill at one point I think. Fingers crossed he's just on a sabbatical from the board!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 4:45 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Gordy is like a beacon of brilliant shining light in the Valley of Darkness in comparison.

Steady on old chap.....I say steady on....

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 20 Dec 2012, 6:01 pm

Gordy doesn't ruin the credibility of the board, but rather, everyone's inability to restrain their desire to respond to a WUM does.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 20 Dec 2012, 6:02 pm

Definitely becoming a clique on this forum which is a real shame.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 20 Dec 2012, 6:04 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:Gordy doesn't ruin the credibility of the board, but rather, everyone's inability to restrain their desire to respond to a WUM does.

I don't think it does. HW earned his reputation partly by responding to WUM's.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 20 Dec 2012, 6:04 pm

Personally think it's about time he's given the chop, let comes a point when mindless stupidity should no longer be tolerated.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 20 Dec 2012, 6:20 pm

if you ban anymore people you're going to have to stop calling it a forum.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 20 Dec 2012, 6:23 pm

When a user is identified as a blatant WUM then despite their protestations to the contrary we should just ignore them. WUM's revel in the attention of weeing people off so without our responses I'd assume they'd get bored and disappear (or at least reappear under another alias, which they could do with equal ease should they barred).
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 20 Dec 2012, 6:39 pm

Quick question for Sean:

You seem to moan about the moderation, barely contribute anything boxing related and begged to come back after being banned before. My question is, why do you bother coming on here?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 20 Dec 2012, 6:50 pm

two_tone wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:I always thought Gordy and TRUSS were the same person

It can't be Trussman, Gordy seems far more intelligent.

Coxy's back.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:00 pm

Adam D wrote:Quick question for Sean:

You seem to moan about the moderation, barely contribute anything boxing related and begged to come back after being banned before. My question is, why do you bother coming on here?

Quick Question.... - Page 3 1347041234

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:12 pm

Come on gents it's nearly Christmas lets forget the wumming of late and get talking boxing again.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:37 pm

Because I was on BBC 606? Isn't that why everyone is here? I also quite like boxing but unless you're speaking to the collective you get little response. I asked a mod a serious question today, something that i was genuinely interested in but he has his forum and only wants to speak to certain people.

In all serious Adam, I don't moan much and see both sides. I just felt compelled to say something on that thread as you had 3 or 4 blokes calling for a member to be banned. I'm not convinced decent posters stop posting either. Regardless of that, look at my 'childish stupid threads' such as catchphrase. They get hits, if you don't want that I'll disappear. If you tell me how to delete my posting history and quit I'm cool with that. I post more about other sports on another site these days anyway. For me 606 was belonging and maybe I just don't belong anymore.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 20 Dec 2012, 7:54 pm

Wow this season of good will lark is not all its cracked up to be is it?

Sean having looked through todays post it would appear I was the one guilty of not responding, can only apologise I missed it, but honest answer is I have no idea, have seen the film but have not read anywhere near enough about Braddock to know how much of it is creative licence. However given their portrayal of Baer which is a complete caricature it is more than possible.

Can we all get on now, it's mad Friday tomorrow surely we all have booze fuellled silliness to look forward to.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:09 pm

I'm happy Jeff and it is nothing personal.

Missed the bit about begging to come back mind... It was easy enough under various aliases. Maybe I just crave attention or maybe I just can't abide someone being incredredibly unprofessional? Maybe Adam can post re post the comment which kept 15-20 posters on this board when windy left?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:16 pm

seanmichaels wrote:

Because I was on BBC 606? Isn't that why everyone is here? I also quite like boxing but unless you're speaking to the collective you get little response. I asked a mod a serious question today, something that i was genuinely interested in but he has his forum and only wants to speak to certain people.

In all serious Adam, I don't moan much and see both sides. I just felt compelled to say something on that thread as you had 3 or 4 blokes calling for a member to be banned. I'm not convinced decent posters stop posting either. Regardless of that, look at my 'childish stupid threads' such as catchphrase. They get hits, if you don't want that I'll disappear. If you tell me how to delete my posting history and quit I'm cool with that. I post more about other sports on another site these days anyway. For me 606 was belonging and maybe I just don't belong anymore.

Stop being so meoldramatic, man up. And that's coming from a former HR worker.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:19 pm

Sean, aren't you quite friendly with Union and Tina? Couldn't that be considered a sub-clique? Or is my perception of a clique that I'M not part of, similar to your idea of a clique that your not part of? Maybe we are all part of the clique but consider ourselves seperate to the clique and are angry at the clique for our clique exclusion, when along, we are an integral part of the clique.

Cliques are a part of life; we all have those we prefer to converse with. No problem in that.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:52 pm

Sorry, but I do not want to be a member of clique that would have me as a member. (Thank you Groucho Marx)

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 20 Dec 2012, 8:58 pm

They are playing a game. They are playing at not playing a game.
If I show them I see they are, I shall break the rules and they will punish me.

I must play their game, of not seeing I see the game (thank you R.D. Laing)
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:14 pm

Cheer up everyone, it's Christmas.

Plus, why would anyone even be remotely offended at something that is said online. I struggle to be offended with people on real life.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:24 pm

I once got offended at you LJ, I must have been having a bad week. Sorry, you geordie twit!
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:25 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:I once got offended at you LJ, I must have been having a bad week. Sorry, you geordie twit!

Hey, be quiet you Mackem...

Merry xmas

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:28 pm

See he wished me Merry Christmas, after i called him a geordie twit!!
Therefore, the lad wasn't lying when he said he don't get offended by what people say online.

Big Up LJ. Merry Christmas to you too!! Quick Question.... - Page 3 3602195817
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:43 pm

See I'm out now on the Christmas drinks so I am bringing joy to all.

I won't be joyful when I go to work tomorrow.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMackemMawler Thu 20 Dec 2012, 9:45 pm

Unlucky,

That's me finished graft till the 12th of Jan!
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 20 Dec 2012, 10:35 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:Unlucky,

Must be a tradesman!! All my mates get 16363 weeks off at Xmas too. I get 3 days.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 20 Dec 2012, 11:26 pm

TheMackemMawler wrote:Unlucky,

12th Jan? That's hibernation not a Christmas break

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3