The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Wales beat New Zealand in my lifetime? Really?

+24
nganboy
maestegmafia
emack2
Ospreydragon
Knowsit17
majesticimperialman
westisbest
TycroesOsprey
wales606
kiakahaaotearoa
offload
Smirnoffpriest
Taylorman
rodders
disneychilly
Draigoch
Luckless Pedestrian
beshocked
LondonTiger
Turkster
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
mckay1402
RuggerRadge2611
Harry2899
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Will Wales beat New Zealand in my lifetime? Really?  - Page 2 Empty Will Wales beat New Zealand in my lifetime? Really?

Post by Harry2899 Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Just considered this the other day and I was thinking of course they will. They have loads of good young players coming through. But then I thought Wales have not beaten them in my mother's lifetime yet. New Zealand are always going to be there or thereabouts for the best team in the world status and I dont know if the Welsh players will ever truly believe they can beat them. Your thoughts?

Harry2899

Back to top Go down

Will Wales beat New Zealand in my lifetime? Really?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Wales beat New Zealand in my lifetime? Really?

Post by Taylorman Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:31 am

Be interesting to see who wins out if scot ireland and wales first.
Ireland have a good chance here next year with a new ab look to next year.
Wales will look forward to a really good few years with this side id say.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Will Wales beat New Zealand in my lifetime? Really?  - Page 2 Empty Re: Will Wales beat New Zealand in my lifetime? Really?

Post by Taylorman Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:32 am

Be interesting to see who wins out if scot ireland and wales first.
Ireland have a good chance here next year with a new ab look to next year.
Wales will look forward to a really good few years with this side id say.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by pontylad Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:38 pm

Two should have would have could have games in my lifetime 1978 the jumping out of the line-out last minute penalty controversy game and 2004 where Rockoco scored a blinder to turn the match thats about it as far as near misses are concerned .

Most enjoyable was the 2003 World Cup game , brilliant match but I never thought at any point we would actually win unlike the above two matches. atuakiwikiwi I think it was four tries for Wales that day though I don't know the total since 53 !

Odds are that the bounce of the ball will favour us one day though I might be in the nursing home by by then .

pontylad

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:41 pm

With the way that Welsh rugby is developing at the moment, maybe it wont be too long...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by atuakiwikiwi Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:47 pm

Managing to beat Ireland on neutral territory, you mean?

I don't know, Tonga managed to beat France. Ireland managed to beat Australia. Wales lost to both of them.

"jumping out of the line-out last minute penalty controversy" - the penalty wasn't because Haden jumped out of the line out. This is a Welsh myth.

atuakiwikiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:16 am

atuakiwikiwi

I was in the Arms Park at the 1978 Wales v New Zealand game.

You're right, of course. The English referee, Roger Quittenden, awarded the penalty against Wales for a different lineout offence. But in the crowd we reckoned Haden's offence was 10 times worse. Quittenden didn't notice it although it occurred during the same lineout. Maybe it just didn't strike him that an All Black would dive out of the lineout pretending he'd been fouled.

If Quittenden had noticed, the penalty might have been reversed, possibly leaving Wales to win 12-10. But he didn't and, as New Zealand fans know, English referees are the best.

Last edited by optimist on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : put in another word)

Back to top Go down

Post by atuakiwikiwi Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:39 am

I'm sure it'll make it all the sweeter when it does happen optimist.

atuakiwikiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:52 am

I think you're right. Who'll ref it - Barnes or Rolland? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:30 am

Steve Walsh

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:04 am

The perfect set of officials for the game - Rolland, Barnes and Walsh taking it in turns to referee and run the line, with Nigel Owens as TMO!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2