The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How much will New Zealand beat England by?

+18
englandglory4ever
Shifty
GavinDragon
gregortree
PJHolybloke
maestegmafia
Gibson
Big
ultra
belovedfrosties
majesticimperialman
RogerLewis
thebluesmancometh
LondonTiger
RubyGuby
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
HammerofThunor
Morgannwg
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NZ points margin

How much will New Zealand beat England by? Vote_lcap33%How much will New Zealand beat England by? Vote_rcap 33% 
[ 9 ]
How much will New Zealand beat England by? Vote_lcap22%How much will New Zealand beat England by? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 6 ]
How much will New Zealand beat England by? Vote_lcap7%How much will New Zealand beat England by? Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 2 ]
How much will New Zealand beat England by? Vote_lcap15%How much will New Zealand beat England by? Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 4 ]
How much will New Zealand beat England by? Vote_lcap22%How much will New Zealand beat England by? Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 27

Poll closed

How much will New Zealand beat England by? Empty How much will New Zealand beat England by?

Post by Morgannwg Sat 24 Nov 2012, 7:25 pm

The All Blacks are unbeaten and looking to end their tour on a high against an England team that is forever young. I see the All Blacks getting a big score here. But by how much is the question.

Vote and discuss.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

How much will New Zealand beat England by? Empty Re: How much will New Zealand beat England by?

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 24 Nov 2012, 7:30 pm

I've gone for 40-50. South Africa were Poopie today and we still couldn't beat them or break their defense. The only hope is if the All Blacks shut off like they did today.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

How much will New Zealand beat England by? Empty Re: How much will New Zealand beat England by?

Post by Morgannwg Sat 24 Nov 2012, 7:31 pm

All Blacks won't shut off, it's their final game and they are usually at the best at the end of a tour. There will be a blackout though.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 24 Nov 2012, 7:51 pm

I dunno I thought theyd be tired and fatigued by now like Wales were when they played in Aus

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sat 24 Nov 2012, 10:26 pm

Tumbleweed
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 25 Nov 2012, 1:30 pm

England are missing Flood (apparently). Will this result in a bigger score margin for the All Blacks???
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Sun 25 Nov 2012, 1:56 pm

It might open the Flood gates Run thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 25 Nov 2012, 1:58 pm

RubyGuby wrote:It might open the Flood gates Run thumbsup
laughing
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 1:59 pm

Come on HERSH and Madgeimpman, give your predictions,
don't be shy.

HERSH happy to start a prediction thread for Wales v NZ and gloat his way through the week.

Man up girls rose zen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 2:03 pm

To be fair the second half v Wales yesterday did England's cause real harm!

Plenty of errors and lack of control for Hansen to go ape sh!!t about during in training this week, the like's of Nonu ,Dagg and Jane not having very good game ,failed to imposes much threat,they will want to make that right and Carter returning!! ouch.

England are in for a good hiding, the best word to describe it rhymes with Grape. laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 25 Nov 2012, 2:05 pm

England will lose - but not by as much as people think.

Firstly NZ defence has been fallible this tour - so there is a real chance that England will score a couple of tries.

Secondly England will not spurn kicks at goal when scores are still tight.

NZ to win 5 tries to 2 but with England picking up 5 penalties. And not giving too many away makes the score:

NZ 40 England 29

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 25 Nov 2012, 2:10 pm

I fancy England to take this one actually, I know Ive said that Wales would too but as I said I thought NZ would be beaten, I just claimed wales would do it because it was more concise.

England should have seen enough of NZ to counter their strengths, and I just get this feeling this England team are starting to look good, they just need that one big performance where things go their way, IMO theyve outplayed SA twice in 4 games but were very unlucky!

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerLewis Sun 25 Nov 2012, 2:12 pm

thebluesmancometh wrote:I fancy England to take this one actually, I know Ive said that Wales would too but as I said I thought NZ would be beaten, I just claimed wales would do it because it was more concise.

England should have seen enough of NZ to counter their strengths, and I just get this feeling this England team are starting to look good, they just need that one big performance where things go their way, IMO theyve outplayed SA twice in 4 games but were very unlucky!

You accuse someone of having no rugby knowledge and then you come out with a statement like this!! Erm

RogerLewis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 25 Nov 2012, 2:18 pm

Blues man i will have what your drinking please,

England look awful hardly pressuring defences, centres who can't pass wingers out of position ,a full back who doesn't leave his half, a 10 who is consistent but average at best, scrum halfs who can't make correct decisions, a back row that is unbalanced, locks who can't make yards a front row that is stable but average.

I see just usual England pretty dull but function and do the basic set piece well making them hard to beat.

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 25 Nov 2012, 2:21 pm

Mogannwg.

Why do you think it will be 40-50 thrashing?

Yes it is NZ last game. they did look a little tired too me.

Do i think Englamd can win? Ye i would like to think so.

Do i think England will win? No i dont to be honest. But i do think it will be close. How lose? Ido not know. maybe 10-15 points in it. I hope.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 25 Nov 2012, 2:22 pm

You may see it like that but I see it as they are playing to guard against their weaknesses, they are starting to look a threat going forward, their pack is becoming very tough nosed and the outside backs just need a bit more nous in midfeild and they'll become a very good team again.

Just because 2 of the most one eyed posters disagree with me just proves how succinct and pretty accurate my points are.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by belovedfrosties Sun 25 Nov 2012, 2:37 pm

Well the english locks looked pretty decent to me, didn't lose a lineout (when thrown to them), each beat a couple of defenders and each made a turnover. Parling carried for 21m from 8 runs and Launchberry (who was making his start) made 13m from 9.

I can't see England winning unfortunately but nor can i see them getting beaten by 40 points. I think it will be somewhere around 8-15 points in it. The england defence has not been bad at all, our attack is what has let us down. We have conceded 2 tries against the 2nd and 3rd best team in the world, one from a poor kick leading to a counter and some very poor defence by Sharples and another freak try involving kicks, charge downs and fumbles.

We have been breached a few times but the scramble has been good, having said that, the ABs are on another level. As Wales and Scotland found out when they were taken apart whenever the ABs decided they wanted to score a try.

belovedfrosties

Back to top Go down

Post by ultra Sun 25 Nov 2012, 2:40 pm

viewtothegym wrote:Blues man i will have what your drinking please,

England look awful hardly pressuring defences, centres who can't pass wingers out of position ,a full back who doesn't leave his half, a 10 who is consistent but average at best, scrum halfs who can't make correct decisions, a back row that is unbalanced, locks who can't make yards a front row that is stable but average.

I see just usual England pretty dull but function and do the basic set piece well making them hard to beat.

And in another post 'why do wales and england bicker?' see posts like this.

No doubt at all that england have and will continue to give a better account of themselves this autumn and in fairness during the summer, than any other british team. Even a bloke looking at a gym can see that.

ultra

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Sun 25 Nov 2012, 2:46 pm

Ultra

I am actually welsh mate, so this is wales on wales, it's just view doesn't like to give any credit to England at all.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Sun 25 Nov 2012, 2:50 pm

I chuckle at the idea that England will keep it close and lose by 10 to 15 points. I mean no insult to majesticimperialman - I absolutely understand the comment, but against any other team losing by 10 to 15 wouldn't be considered close it would be considered pretty decisive. Says a lot about how far ahead of everyone else New Zealand are that a sound win is considered 'close'.

Big

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 25 Nov 2012, 2:55 pm

The All Blacks, are.... well, they're the All Blacks. As they are all year. I think the state of the rest of major nations is quite bad. Not to take anything away from the PI teams but Samoa and Tonga travelled up here and got wins which to me indicates the form of some of the teams up here has dipped low. The only team to have shown improvement is France and that's because they were pretty much at rock bottom before the Autumn series(thrashing over Argie 2nd's in the summer discounted). Even SA and Aus look pretty poor by their own standards and each got a good thrashing from New Zealand.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 25 Nov 2012, 5:37 pm

I believe England will give the Blacks their hardest game in the AI's. They are just not as scared of them as Scotland, Wales, Italy & Ireland are.

England need to turn it into a War of Attrition up-front, to stand any chance of coming near. Compete at the breakdown and suppress them from offloading in the tackle. Must be at least on level-terms in the scrum and at the lineout. Get right in their faces from the off. All obvious, but all true nonetheless. Do that, with discipline - and they have a chance.

France are the only NH side who would have a realistic chance of beating the AB's in this form. Playing France scares the shoite out the Keewees. It showed in the WC Final. A Final France lost to the ref.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 25 Nov 2012, 5:42 pm

England could get an easy ride. The ABs are looking at missing seven players from yesterday, should make for closer game and an opportunity England will need to grab with alacrity.

From Rugby Heaven

Crusader first five-eighth Tom Taylor and New Zealand Maori rake Hika Elliot joined the squad today as cover for Dan Carter (Achilles), Keven Mealamu (calf), and Hore, who faces a likely suspension.

Throw in more minor concerns over prop Tony Woodcock (hip), and backs Beauden Barrett (ribs), and Aaron Cruden (leg cramps) and suddenly the final hurdle for 2012 looks a little tricky.

More so thanks to Hore, who has become a YouTube sensation and British media punching bag since his brain fade at Millennium Stadium.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 25 Nov 2012, 5:43 pm

Well said Gibson. As I said France are the only international team to have improved so far this season. Their pack(and reserves) is monsterous and they seem to have found their Flair once again.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 25 Nov 2012, 5:48 pm

Yeah Morgan,
I love watching France in full-flow. St Andre is bringing it back. Its a joy to watch.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 25 Nov 2012, 5:50 pm

England by 5, but there's no button for that. OK

Oy! Oy! Gibbo. guinness
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 25 Nov 2012, 5:51 pm

I thank Wales for softening up the ABs and for getting Hore (W?) cited out of next weeks game. What with ABs getting beaten up by the Welsh, running themselves to exhaustion to win, and the upcoming citings it should reduce England's losing margin by at least 10 points on Saturday clap

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 25 Nov 2012, 5:52 pm

ABs Kiwi steered well clear of France this tour Laugh

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 25 Nov 2012, 6:02 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:England by 5, but there's no button for that. OK

Oy! Oy! Gibbo. guinness

Story bud? guinness

Id really love to see the Blacks stopped in their tracks. I'll be Paddy Englishman next week. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 25 Nov 2012, 6:05 pm

Oy! Oy! Gibbo. guinness

Go to the England vs New Zealand discussion and match day thread for that.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 25 Nov 2012, 6:10 pm

Thank you Gibbo, we could use a little bit of Irish luck, and every little bit of support will help. clap
I'm sure we can also rely on Morgs rooting for England, to take vengeance on behalf of Morg and our Wales cousins.

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Sun 25 Nov 2012, 6:29 pm

Gibson wrote:

Oy! Oy! Gibbo. guinness

Story bud? guinness

Id really love to see the Blacks stopped in their tracks. I'll be Paddy Englishman next week. OK

All good with me and mine pal, you and yours?

I watched the Ireland game earlier - see how much better they played with all my Ulster boys in the side? Elmer is going to have himself a bit of a selection problem when it comes to the 6N, I was particularly impressed with Gilroy.

I think England have a massive point to prove next week, they lost against a rejuvenated Australia after leaving points on the field (although, to be fair Oz did do enough to justify the win so I'm cool with that result) and they lost yesterday against a Bokke side that just didn't do enough to earn the win for me, yes they had a better kicking game, but aside from that England were better in just about every area and yet were still poor.

You can't account for a team scoring a try like that against you, if Morgan doesn't touch the ball, there's 4 Saffers offside and it's a totally different game.

England have the intensity and physicality to knock New Zealand off the ball and get some forward momentum going, if they can sort out their game with the ball in hand, they could put NZ under pressure from the very first confrontation and see how they react to that.

NZ are a much more clinical and accurate team when it comes down to executing their moves, but only when they're given the time and space, when they're put under pressure, like Oz did in their recent 18-18 draw, NZ make mistakes like anyone else. It's time for England to show some mettle and bounce back from two very disappointing performances.
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 25 Nov 2012, 6:31 pm

Top post dude. guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 25 Nov 2012, 6:49 pm

LondonTiger wrote:England will lose - but not by as much as people think.

Firstly NZ defence has been fallible this tour - so there is a real chance that England will score a couple of tries.

Secondly England will not spurn kicks at goal when scores are still tight.

NZ to win 5 tries to 2 but with England picking up 5 penalties. And not giving too many away makes the score:

NZ 40 England 29

i watched the second half yesterday england had all the possession and seemed unable to break down the SA defense.

What makes you thing the AB will be any different?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sun 25 Nov 2012, 6:55 pm

Easy win for New Zealand can't see it any other way.

New Zealand won't allow themselves to get into an arm wrestle in the way South Africa did.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:02 pm

A very poor WUM by someone obviously extremely bitter and twisted at seeing the real depth of the low that is Wales. The OP seeks to big up his own side by belittling the only NH team that has a realistic chance of beating the NZers. I thought Wales looked clueless.

England created more chances to win that match than the Boks did. Flood missed 2 kickable pens. The Boks didn't miss any of theirs as far as I recall.

No, England should just get their head down and train well this week and it will be another close call. Carter likely to be back and Flood out but I still think this side will give them the best game from any of the NH teams.

We should just ignore the chippy Welsh. They need a hug from their Mum right now.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:03 pm

"i watched the second half yesterday england had all the possession and seemed unable to break down the SA defense."

And did you see the Boks breaking the England defence down?

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:06 pm

englandglory4ever wrote:A very poor WUM by someone obviously extremely bitter and twisted at seeing the real depth of the low that is Wales. The OP seeks to big up his own side by belittling the only NH team that has a realistic chance of beating the NZers. I thought Wales looked clueless.

England created more chances to win that match than the Boks did. Flood missed 2 kickable pens. The Boks didn't miss any of theirs as far as I recall.

No, England should just get their head down and train well this week and it will be another close call. Carter likely to be back and Flood out but I still think this side will give them the best game from any of the NH teams.

We should just ignore the chippy Welsh. They need a hug from their Mum right now.

Why are you going on about Wales you muppet? Read the thread title and post.
Doh
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:13 pm

The OP seeks to big up his own side by belittling the only NH team that has a realistic chance of beating the NZers.

NZ aren't playing France though... You can't seriously be referring to your England, can you?
Laugh!

So that's the moral victory right?
picard

And did you see the Boks breaking the England defence down?

It was broken down enough for them to get the try and win the match. Obviously.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:14 pm

"Why are you going on about Wales ..."

You obviously can't read so I won't waste my time explaining until you have left school.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:19 pm

englandglory4ever wrote:"Why are you going on about Wales ..."

You obviously can't read so I won't waste my time explaining until you have left school.

Well you mentioned Wales/Welsh in one single post thrice times on a thread regarding England and New Zealand. So if you can read then you aren't very bright or just bitter and twisted as per usual.

'until you have left school.' Yeah that was a witty retort. So unoriginal. Don't forget to mention chips on shoulders in your next attempt.
picard
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:20 pm

"NZ aren't playing France though... You can't seriously be referring to your England, can you?"

Well I ain't referring to that limp wristed Welsh team that's for sure.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:23 pm

"Don't forget to mention chips on shoulders in your next attempt"

It is difficult not to mention them as you have done so yourself. The weight of the saturated fat type you are carrying after that mauling must be knackering.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:23 pm

There you go again going on about the Welsh. This obsession is rather cringeworthy. Not as bad majesticimperialman's, but it is getting there.

England the only NH team with a chance? Which planet are you living on! laughing laughing laughing laughing
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:27 pm

"Which planet are you living on!"

Planet Earth, the real one. Not the crazy warped make believe one that you come from. Grand slammers take a mighty tumble. Champs to chumps in 2 weeks. Its gotta hurt.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:30 pm

2 weeks? Well you have confirmed you live under a rock then if it is not another planet. Yet more off topic comments. Jeez, does this make you feel more relaxed about the inevitable, embarrassing thrashing you are going to receive? Shame you don't have more Samoans in your team to help keep the score down.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:32 pm

Morgannwg wrote:
England the only NH team with a chance? Which planet are you living on! laughing laughing laughing laughing

We are the only NH team with a chance to beat NZ in this set of Autumn Internationals though?? The rest had their chance but failed miserably!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:32 pm

"2 weeks? Well you have confirmed you live under a rock then if it is not another planet."

Yes 2 weeks and 3 weekends? Sorry I forgot you are still at school. Ask Mum to explain it for you.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:38 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:
Morgannwg wrote:

We are the only NH team with a chance to beat NZ in this set of Autumn Internationals though?? The rest had their chance but failed miserably!

I don't see it being any better than Wales and Scotlands chances to be honest.

englandglory4ever wrote:"2 weeks? Well you have confirmed you live under a rock then if it is not another planet."

Yes 2 weeks and 3 weekends? Sorry I forgot you are still at school. Ask Mum to explain it for you.

Listen cave-dweller, I meant that there has been a lot of rugby played since Wales last rubbed your nose in the dirt on their way to being the Grand Slammers. You were left frothing at the mouth and snarling at computer monitors after Strettles non-try which would have apparently handed you the Grand Slam. Therefore not only are you bitter and twisted and living under a rock; you can not add up, you do not know the basics of rugby points scoring through lack of watching the game, you are extremely delusional about your team. Ever since the mighty draw with SA you've thought England were onto something. This autumn should just reinstate the obvious for you.

Now trot on as we were having a good rugby discussion about this game before you showed up obsessing over Wales.

Last edited by Morgannwg on Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sun 25 Nov 2012, 7:38 pm

It's a game of rugby. It can be won. Before the Argentina game, very few people thought Wales would lose to Samoa. There's no such thing as a certainty in rugby. People were saying England would be "man-shamed" by South Africa - it didn't happen. We lost a close game - (again!!!)
End of tour - lots of personnel changes - England could win. Reckon I'll put a few quid on. Made a few quid on Argentina Wales.
England have nothing to lose now (bar pride) can go out and play with freedom. All Blacks now protecting their 15 game's without a loss...
Who knows!
thumbsup
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next