The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tennis Awards - 606V2 - Results

+8
lydian
noleisthebest
Tenez
wow
hawkeye
lags72
break_in_the_fifth
legendkillar
12 posters

Go down

Tennis Awards - 606V2 - Results Empty Tennis Awards - 606V2 - Results

Post by legendkillar Sat 03 Dec 2011, 4:37 pm

Here it is people. The 1st Tennis Awards 606V2 as voted for by you. Thank you so much for your participation and making this happen. I am happy to award these and recognise posters insight and dedication to posting on this forum. I thank you all for making this an enjoyable and varied forum. I hope you all continue the same theme in 2012. clap to you all.

Most Insightful Poster of the Year

Winner - Laverfan

I have to say that this is a very deserved award. I find her posts very informative and divide opinion. Her trusted Bud Collins book always provides some wonderful insights and stats. Always on hand to provide statistics and facts for posters who do not share the same patience as she does. A very valued poster of the forum and one that generates a lot of respect of fellow posters. I would describe her as a cornerstone of this forum with other posters too.

Runner Up - Tenez

Most Entertaining Poster of the Year

Winner - JuliusHMarx

I have to say that this was a lanslide. This guy certainly brings much humour and laughter to situations on threads which descend into chaos. A poster who also plays the game like myself and Tenez and he was willing to ask questions on technique and even offer advice too. Also 'Useless Tennis Facts' proved to be fun and a break from the serious stuff posted. A good all round guy and I haven't come across anyone with a bad word to say of him.

Runner Up - NITB

Thread of the Year

https://www.606v2.com/t14760-was-federer-better-in-2006-poll-added

I have to say that this was quite the intriguing thread of the year. Anyone on this forum that argues that Federer fans are all alike and dismissive of Nadal or blinkered, this thread proves without a doubt that there is a divide opinion of where fans thought Federer was within his game. Unlike Murray threads asking about his game that descends into chaos, this thread actually was the most sensible thread about a player. At times there were some heated views, but other than that it is a good read.

Runner Up - https://www.606v2.com/t8755-fogninniiiiiiiii <------ this is my favourite!! If you haven't read it, please do!!

Funniest Post of the Year

Winner - https://www.606v2.com/t16459-where-are-the-moderators-now

I can only say simply click and view. I am sure it did not intend to go down the road it did.

Runner Up - https://www.606v2.com/t7124-djokovic-to-attempt-43-match-losing-streak

Most Bias Poster of the Year

Winner - Hawkeye

Well all I can say is that this is the most deserved award. Always on hand to put the boot in on Murray even with non-sensical copy and pasting of poor Neil Harman of The Times. Clearly she does not like Federer fans who simply call Nadal 'Lungs' or 'MTO'. Strange being indeed.

Runner Up - socal1976

Most Argumentative Poster of the Year

Winner - Tenez

Love him or hate him, you cannot deny that the guy provokes debate amongst posters. Whether it is the 'fitness' debate or weak era's which he gets sucked into, he does love the sport and that can't be denied. Always seems exhaustive with his posts, (I know I am because he writes so bloody much!!!) he does make no bearings on his views and never changes his mind and sticks to his beliefs. An under-rated poster in my view.

Runner Up - CaledonianCraig

Congrats to the winners Yahoo

Thanks for all those who voted

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Tennis Awards - 606V2 - Results Empty Re: Tennis Awards - 606V2 - Results

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sat 03 Dec 2011, 5:02 pm

Only one of them was the one I voted for.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sat 03 Dec 2011, 5:02 pm

Fascinating though.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sat 03 Dec 2011, 5:11 pm

I totally forgot about that post for being funniest of the year. By the time I wanted to post on that my jokes had already been used Crying or Very sad

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Sat 03 Dec 2011, 5:18 pm

Whilst berating myself for omitting to vote for JuliusHMarx (although clearly it would have made no difference to his success !) I can at least now offer my congratulations to him on his much-deserved Award. And indeed to all the winners.

Etched forever in my memory is JHM's wonderfully sardonic riposte to one of the more irrational, parallel-world ramblings (numbered as I recall in their hundreds) penned by the ill-named Unbiased Educator on the old 606
"Now 'fess up, UE ...........you don't actually believe any of this guff you write, do you ....?? "

Bubbly

Last edited by lags72 on Sat 03 Dec 2011, 7:09 pm; edited 2 times in total

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sat 03 Dec 2011, 6:57 pm

legendkiller

Thankyou for the award.

However I can only presume that the competition this year must have been weak. If I won it by quoting a respected tennis journalist, disliking Federer fans (this must have been done with such sublety that I didn't realise I was doing it as I am a big Federer fan myself), and defending Nadal from petty accusiations.

A win is a win though. Even in a weak era.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by wow Sat 03 Dec 2011, 7:23 pm

sUrely Bogbrush deserved to be in one of thsoe categories Rolling Eyes

socal has been gone for long time and hwk eye havnt been around for too long.

wow

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:03 pm

hawkeye wrote:legendkiller

Thankyou for the award.

However I can only presume that the competition this year must have been weak. If I won it by quoting a respected tennis journalist, disliking Federer fans (this must have been done with such sublety that I didn't realise I was doing it as I am a big Federer fan myself), and defending Nadal from petty accusiations.

For the record I don't think you're that biased; you just seem to have slight agenda against Murray which everyone else is really sensitive to. Wow on the other hand... Wink

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:05 pm

Im surprised Pauline didn't win the v2 lifetime achievement award.

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Sat 03 Dec 2011, 8:24 pm

hawkeye wrote:legendkiller

Thankyou for the award.

Hawkeye,

Thank you for accepting the award, however I will not accept that explanation that you are a 'big' Federer fan. You can allude to the supposed 'Pro Federer' thread you done about the rankings when we know full well it was another 'Lets bash Murray thread' and the poll for 'Federer to be given special exemptions in Slams and Masters Events' was a blatant attempt to gain favour with the Federer fans.

Let's hope you learn to open your heart to Murray in 2012

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat 03 Dec 2011, 9:11 pm

Thanks to all who voted for me and "my" thread. I am surprised I have made it that high considering the Nadal and Murray fans out there who probably didn't vote for me! Wink

There are indeed some very knowledgeable posters in v2. I don;t want to list them to offend others but I know they know who they are. They are those who see teh game through their own eyes without being influenced by others, the scoreboard, or the silver.

One word to a couple of posters who have left teh forum:
ROTLA, sadly not posting here anymore, had strong views but very knowledgeable. I wish he woudl come back.
Socal: was a fun and very enthusiastic poster. Not sure why he left but hoepfully will come back too.

Thanks LK for organising.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sat 03 Dec 2011, 9:29 pm

Tenez wrote:Thanks to all who voted for me and "my" thread. I am surprised I have made it that high considering the Nadal and Murray fans out there who probably didn't vote for me! Wink

There are indeed some very knowledgeable posters in v2. I don;t want to list them to offend others but I know they know who they are. They are those who see teh game through their own eyes without being influenced by others, the scoreboard, or the silver.

One word to a couple of posters who have left teh forum:
ROTLA, sadly not posting here anymore, had strong views but very knowledgeable. I wish he woudl come back.
Socal: was a fun and very enthusiastic poster. Not sure why he left but hoepfully will come back too.

Thanks LK for organising.

Tenez you got rid of the Nadal fans lol just kidding. The Murray fans don't seem to mind you that much anyway. Socal was fun.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sat 03 Dec 2011, 9:43 pm

break_in_the_fifth wrote:
Tenez you got rid of the Nadal fans lol just kidding. The Murray fans don't seem to mind you that much anyway. Socal was fun.

It's a good forum we have now. It was important to be able to discuss any tennis subject, any player without being dragged down into a fans war.

Some more good posters have joined recently which is very good.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by break_in_the_fifth Sat 03 Dec 2011, 9:51 pm

Tenez wrote:
break_in_the_fifth wrote:

It's a good forum we have now. It was important to be able to discuss any tennis subject, any player without being dragged down into a fans war.

Some more good posters have joined recently which is very good.

I agree with you on this one. I don't think I was there at the same time as the other Nadal fans though I think I was following but I don't see what there was to be so so sensitive about seeing as Nadal had won nearly every big match he's played in and still has a positive H2H with all the main players.

break_in_the_fifth

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sat 03 Dec 2011, 10:02 pm

As said earlier, I didn't vote, because it just didn't feel right in my heart.
One of the reasons was my memory is a sieve these days and I didn't want to vote without remembering all posts , threads etc etc.
I also thought 606v2 is still a small tennis haven, and people were bound to feel left out.
So without trying to be a black sheep but still true to myself, I thought I'd thank all (ball boys, sponsors, people who made it happen) who started this site and maintained it to become our cosy little boxing ring where more or less we love each other.
Knowledgeable or not, we are all mad about tennis, we are in different stages of that madness, which makes it even madder!
It started shyly, and when I joined I went straight to the pub area, to Nole's section (started by 606 TOG) and hang around there, bored to tears as it was the 2 or 3 of us there. And I thought that was all to 606v2 tennis!!! I wasn't aware of the rest of the tennis section because once you were in the pub section yo couldn't see anything else....(yes, it was a massive doh! moment)
Then I got so happy and enthusiastic to find my tennis home, so high from Nole's streak I posted my elated threads and was told to tone down (apparently an order from a grumpy Nadal fan now known as the owner of The website). Freezing cold shower it felt alright.
So I chucked a tantrum, packed up and ....hopped across the pond to Steve Tignor's blog and had the time of my life...until it was time to pack up that lonely little bag...again, being a Nole fan is a lonely existence, let me tell ya....
And now I'm here, knitting socks by the fire (virtually, of course) enjoying the well-earnt off-season....happily lonely with all of you kiss

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sat 03 Dec 2011, 10:13 pm

lol, loving some of the double meaning in some of the earlier posts.

Great thread LK, some worthy winners indeed!
I personally like BB's dry/acerbic wit even if I dont agree with his views on some things Wink
Some of the posters who have left are indeed missed.
...was a great shame that socal felt he had to leave as he added alot to the forum...
...also a shame other knowledgeable posters like Tom___ left too.
...has Jubba also left? He had some very good thoughts and knowledge.
A forum needs a wide variety of flora/fauna to ensure discussion is similarly broad.

I liked the 'Insightful' award, perhaps could be split into a few sub-parts in future? e.g. 'insights', 'knowledge' and 'information sourcer' as may be different people.
Insights can be thought of as extracting a strategic view from knowledge or information.
It could be that a poster could win a few of those awards but would be an interesting break down,
e.g. King of Stats...would have to be Laverfan surely!! (thanks LF...alwaus appreciate the effort you put into your posts Smile )
Conversely some posters may be judged as offering creative insight without knowing stats as well as others.

Well done in organising this LK OK
Kinda feels like a Gala Awards night... Bubbly to LK and the winners.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 04 Dec 2011, 1:58 am

All the posters, no matter who you support or not, as NiTB says, the mad love of Tennis holds us all here.

To those who no longer partake of this forum, the loss is theirs. Hopefully the love of tennis (our fair sport) still has them bound to a discussion forum somewhere.

Looking forward to an exciting 2012 with some wonderful potpourri of styles and personalities.

To LK, heartfelt gratitude for being a wonderful historian.

To all the debates yet to come, Bubbly. Wishing all the players a long career and healthy 2012, so they can enrich the sport of Tennis.

It is an honour to be a part of 606v2.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 04 Dec 2011, 2:50 am

Well all names mentioned in the list are fun to interact with, the one thing I like in here is low amount of irritating trolls, and the bad thing is there are less sense of humor threads coz of least amount of wums, bring back JOEss.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun 04 Dec 2011, 9:21 am

Indeed, AIR where art thou?

Wherever he is he'll be seething after WTF, lol (took him past Sampras #5 titles)

Bubbly
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 04 Dec 2011, 3:33 pm

lydian wrote:
...has Jubba also left?

Yes, Lydian, he has.

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 04 Dec 2011, 3:43 pm

Solerina wrote:
lydian wrote:
...has Jubba also left?

Yes, Lydian, he has.

He does drop in occassionally. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Solerina Sun 04 Dec 2011, 3:51 pm

laverfan wrote:
Solerina wrote:
lydian wrote:
...has Jubba also left?

Yes, Lydian, he has.

I think you'll find he's deleted his account, Laverfan.

Solerina

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 04 Dec 2011, 4:26 pm

Solerina wrote:
laverfan wrote:
Solerina wrote:
lydian wrote:
...has Jubba also left?

Yes, Lydian, he has.

Crying or Very sad I will have to find him in the sea of forums again.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Dec 2011, 2:54 am

All deserved winners and runners up. I think I called most of them Smile . I would also like to thank LK for organising this thread and in general everyone who has contributed to this tennis forum over the year.

However one additional person needs to be given a special thank you - and that person is YI Man and his organisation of the Question&Answer threads where we got to ask questions and receive answers from real live Tennis players on the professional circuit clap

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:36 pm

laverfan wrote:
Solerina wrote:
laverfan wrote:
Solerina wrote:
lydian wrote:
...has Jubba also left?

Yes, Lydian, he has.

Crying or Very sad I will have to find him in the sea of forums again.

I hope he comes back - I miss his contribution.

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:38 pm

Just write an article on Murray...and he'll reappear.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:40 pm

Congratulations and thanks to LK for doing these awards - it was a great idea. clap

To show my appreciation I am not going to write a thread congratulating David Ferrer until at least January Wink

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Mon 05 Dec 2011, 6:57 pm

Surely we need an article congratulating Henman on winning his first ever tennis title in London? Wink
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down