The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Djokovic to attempt 43 match losing streak

+3
legendkillar
socal1976
Chazfazzer
7 posters

Go down

Djokovic to attempt 43 match losing streak Empty Djokovic to attempt 43 match losing streak

Post by Chazfazzer Tue 14 Jun 2011, 4:05 pm

Serbian star Novak Djokovic, whose incredible winning streak was recently ended by Roger Federer, has announced that he will now attempt to go the rest of the season, and several subsequent seasons, without winning a match.

'That loss against Roger was just the start,' said Djokovic in a recent press conference. 'I've shown that I'm the best at winning matches. Now I'm going to show that I'm the best at losing them as well, making me the best all round player in the history of the sport.'

'Winning matches is easy,' he continued. 'Opponents are scared of you when you've won 20 matches in a row. They just fold on the big points. The tournament winnings and sponsorship money keep piling up, everybody loves you, you feel on top of the world. Where's the challenge in that? No, what's really challenging is when you come off court having lost your 25th match in a row playing against someone ranked 450th in the world. People start forgetting about you. Money begins to run out, and you find yourself eating baked beans out of a tin every evening for dinner. That's when you find out what you're really made of.'

Djokovic is planning on continuing his losing streak, which currently stands at 1 match, with a straight sets drubbing at Wimbledon at the hands of an unknown qualifier, where he will serve 15 double faults and make 65 unforced errors. However, breaking the record for consecutive losses will provide a stiff challenge even for the talented Serb, as British player Robert Dee managed an astounding 54 before finally beating an unranked teenager.

Chazfazzer

Back to top Go down

Djokovic to attempt 43 match losing streak Empty Re: Djokovic to attempt 43 match losing streak

Post by socal1976 Tue 14 Jun 2011, 4:07 pm

Pretty funny post, I can't believe Dee lost 54 matches in a row. How did he keep qualifying to begin with?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Djokovic to attempt 43 match losing streak Empty Re: Djokovic to attempt 43 match losing streak

Post by legendkillar Tue 14 Jun 2011, 4:08 pm

He had to be British didn't he laughing

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 14 Jun 2011, 4:40 pm

lol...funny!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 14 Jun 2011, 4:45 pm

If Djokovic actuallyl does serve 15 double faults and hit 65 UEs, I'm going to suspect that Chazfazzer is a well known Pakistani cricketer who made a guest appearance for a Surrey league side a couple of weeks ago Wink

Wasn't it Spadea who set a new record for the longest losing streak in the top line ATP tournaments? It is though one of those streaks that can only go on for so long before you no longer qualify for the events.

And yes, it is typical that it's a Brit that holds the record overall.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 4:46 pm

Hello

Very Happy

I like this thread

ghost

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Tue 14 Jun 2011, 5:39 pm

Is the record really 54 straight lost matches? That to me is incredible, I think they should give the guy an award since quite frankly that shows a lot of determination. When I was studying for the CA bar exam they used to tell us the story of one guy who failed the bar exam 14 times. But 54 straight, could you imagine losing to the guy.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Chazfazzer Tue 14 Jun 2011, 7:33 pm

You would have thought that he might have realised after 30 or so straight losses that maybe he wasn't cut out to be a pro tennis player!

p.s. there wasn't much truth to the 'money begins to run out' bit of my first post...Djokovic could lose every match from now until the end of his career and still have enough money to live comfortably until the age of 150!

Chazfazzer

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Tue 14 Jun 2011, 10:58 pm

I could beat that record in style NO PROBLEMO laughing

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Wed 15 Jun 2011, 1:13 pm

Nice post Chaz, 54 matches oops can't believe its true.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down