The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch vs Ward Hype (Including Staredown & Fight Camp 360)

+17
themadworldofjb
BALTIMORA
KingMonkey
azania
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
AlexHuckerby
Imperial Ghosty
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
OasisBFC
John Bloody Wayne
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
manos de piedra
aja424
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Fists of Fury
Scottrf
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Froch vs Ward Hype (Including Staredown & Fight Camp 360) - Page 2 Empty Froch vs Ward Hype (Including Staredown & Fight Camp 360)

Post by Scottrf Sun 04 Dec 2011, 4:43 pm

First topic message reminder :

Staredown

UK Press Conference

Promo

Fight Camp 360 Episode 10

Sky Sports 1, 17th December.

Last edited by Scottrf on Mon 05 Dec 2011, 8:23 pm; edited 3 times in total

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Froch vs Ward Hype (Including Staredown & Fight Camp 360) - Page 2 Empty Re: Froch vs Ward Hype (Including Staredown & Fight Camp 360)

Post by azania Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:46 pm

Scottrf wrote:Pernell wasn't boring.

Matter of opinion. I found him very boring. Incredibly gifted boxer though. If he had a personality like Floyd he'd have been a bigger star.

azania

Back to top Go down

Froch vs Ward Hype (Including Staredown & Fight Camp 360) - Page 2 Empty Re: Froch vs Ward Hype (Including Staredown & Fight Camp 360)

Post by Scottrf Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:47 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Leave the poor guy alone, eh's been through a traumatic experience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S4vEyQOC-c

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:47 pm

Scottrf wrote:Dirrell's problems were independently verified by Dr. Shaw...High.

He had neuro problems. Is there a doubt about that or is that doctor one from the simpsons?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:48 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:Really don't think Dirrell is all that skillful. He's fast, but that's not the same thing. Defensively he's crap if he can't run away with his arms flailing or flop to the floor like an epileptic at a Jean Michel Jarre concert. Out of the ring he strikes me as a pretty classless individual from a pretty classless family. Being punched in the head was definitely the right career choice for him.

He's certainly more skilled than Froch seeing as he beat him but got jobbed in the process.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:49 pm

azania wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Dirrell's problems were independently verified by Dr. Shaw...High.

He had neuro problems. Is there a doubt about that or is that doctor one from the simpsons?
Check the youtube link I posted.

Spoiler:

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:50 pm

I don't doubt that Dirrell had mental problems. I'm not going to rise to the jobbing claims. Fitz would've hammered him anyway...everyone knows the old guys were supermen.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:57 pm

Scottrf wrote:
azania wrote:

Spoiler:

Cant open it at work. Well......?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Mon 05 Dec 2011, 3:59 pm

azania wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
azania wrote:

Spoiler:

Well I think it has a high BS probability.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 05 Dec 2011, 4:05 pm

Scottrf wrote:
azania wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
azania wrote:

Spoiler:

Well I think it has a high BS probability.

That's irrelevant even if it was. Abrahams took a swing when Dirrell was on his knees. Instand DQ was the right call. Has he fought since?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 05 Dec 2011, 4:07 pm

Scottrf wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Leave the poor guy alone, eh's been through a traumatic experience.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7S4vEyQOC-c

Kudos that was hilarious. Even so I'm not toos sure he was making it up. Dr Shaw...High sounds like a character though don't he?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 05 Dec 2011, 4:09 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:I don't doubt that Dirrell had mental problems. I'm not going to rise to the jobbing claims. Fitz would've hammered him anyway...everyone knows the old guys were supermen.

Ha. Dont get me started......for the sake of the board.....please!

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Mon 05 Dec 2011, 4:24 pm

azania wrote:
BALTIMORA wrote:I don't doubt that Dirrell had mental problems. I'm not going to rise to the jobbing claims. Fitz would've hammered him anyway...everyone knows the old guys were supermen.

Don't worry, I won't. Some people on here climb right up their own backsides when that subject is broached.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Lucas Mon 05 Dec 2011, 5:49 pm

I hadn't seen this but it's safe to say that Ward 'won' the staredown. Froch is too cocky for his own good. Unless he catches Ward and takes him out, Ward will win this fight. That's not to say Froch can't rebound.

Captain Lucas

Back to top Go down

Froch vs Ward Hype (Including Staredown & Fight Camp 360) - Page 2 Empty Fight Camp

Post by Scottrf Mon 05 Dec 2011, 8:20 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyTvNBuELHE

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 05 Dec 2011, 8:38 pm

BALTIMORA wrote:
azania wrote:

Don't worry, I won't. Some people on here climb right up their own backsides when that subject is broached.

Too true. Like knocking out 9 men in one night (including one giant) in between having some moonshine between fights.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by themadworldofjb Mon 05 Dec 2011, 9:54 pm

I love how Froch doesnt relaise he made that stupid quote
themadworldofjb
themadworldofjb

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 06 Dec 2011, 4:44 pm

Gotta say I prefer 360 to 24/7 in every way. The way it tells you where they are, than lets natural moments from the fighter's camps give you an insight. Much better than the reality TV bull Poopie of 24/7, with the dramatic narrator telling you it's going to be competetive and it's staged interviews.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Commander Tue 06 Dec 2011, 5:24 pm

Froch came across as a bit of a Muppet really, IMHO.

Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 07 Dec 2011, 10:50 am

Sky Monday: Froch-Kessler and Ward-Kessler highlights, Tuesday Ward-Green and Froch-Abraham.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:00 am

Froch is ripped!

Spoiler:

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:01 am

Probably in the best shape of his life to be fair, thought I was looking in a mirror until I saw the face Whistle

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:16 pm

The closer we get to this the more I think Carl is coming away with the win. Not sure why that is because every time I watch him (AA fight aside) I just get the feeling that he gives too much away and this guy will take full advantage.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:22 pm

KM, was on the fence for a while but the closer it gets the more I am leaning to Froch, will acknowledge I am a fan so am perhaps not the most objective of guys but just think he seems genuinely willing to go that extra mile to get the win at the weekend, also think he knows he cannot leave anything to chance so we are not likely to see him cruise as he did against Johnson.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:27 pm

Heard him on the radio this morning saying that he knows that the judges will probably favour the home fighter (surely that doesn't happen!?!?) so he'll just have to go out and win each round by a wide margin. He's certainly talking the talk, let's hope that Britain's best belt-holder can also walk the walk.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:29 pm

Froch might be the underdog but I don't think anyone has got his number. This is certainly no Hatton vs Floyd up against it type fight. Carl is capable, I think, of keeping this long and winning rounds on the jab but if he needs to mix it he definitely can, no question there. Can't wait.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:29 pm

I do get the impression that Jeff that Froch doesn't care about what happens after this fight, his whole career has led to this fight and it's all that matters to him, he wont leave anything to chance in this one.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:40 pm

I really am getting into the fight spirit now, genuinely want Carl to pull this one off. He seems more focused on this fight than any other and I just think he's too determined to lose, you ever get that feeling when you think someones invincible? Got that feeling about Froch now!

Saying that I had that feeling about Haye/against Klitschko so take my words with a pinch of salt...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:41 pm

I had a similar feeling, Alex.

Would love him to pull it off, it'd be a massive achievement, but sadly don't see it. Ward is a very, very well rounded fighter, and I think he will just have answers for Froch whatever he tries.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:46 pm

Although obviously not comparing the two fighters directly all I see in Ward is a well hyped fighter similar to Degale. All the tools for sure but Froch has the experience, the determination, not to mention the skills to beat him. Very much up for it, let the hype commence, COME ON THE COBRA!

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:57 pm

Yeah strange I hadn't really been getting into this one as much, main thing I hope for is a good fight, seeing as it's Froch I reckon it will be even if Ward doesn't have a track record for being in thrillers. Pray that Froch can do something we haven't seen him do. Hopefully he can coax Ward out of the shell and force him into a war if it becomes a war I see Ward getting KTFOed.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:03 pm

Much as I would like Frock to win, I dont see it happening. Ward is simply the better fighter. Froch is strong and durable and pretty mean with it. But so is ward. Ward has all the attributes Carl has (not the chin though) but is better in each department.

I'm going for Ward by a convincing decision.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:04 pm

All the attributes Az? You really think he hits harder than Carl, can't say I would agree on that one, think Carl has a decent edge in power.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:05 pm

Similar in power for me.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:07 pm

Froch has far more power, far more, and his skills are massively underrated. All people see sometimes is the rugged determination but he can box to a gameplan as well. I see nothing in Ward that makes him the stand out favourite he is down as.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:08 pm

Difficult one on the power basis, Froch hasn't really stopped that many of the bigger named fightersbut then again same with Ward, genuinely think that Froch hits a little bit harder though, but that might be my slanted view of things because Froch just seems a lot more durable.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:08 pm

Can't see him dragging Ward in to a tear up. Many say a tear up is what is needed for Carl to win, but what about Carl's jab? I believe it is a very good one, and if he can establish that early and use it to control ward then he nullifies much of the thread. Stop those raiding tactics Ward likes to use by timing him with the jab as he comes in and that is half the battle.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:11 pm

Totally agree Fists. Froch's jab does damage as he really pushes it out and from down low. Don't forget that he has a couple of inches advantage in reach too. As I said before, he can win rounds on that alone.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:03 pm

Froch has under-rated boxing skills. But the edge in skill is with Ward. As said above Froch has more power but I dont see that being a factor as Froch is not that big a puncher. He punches enough to get respect though.

I'd give the fight to Ward by 3-4 round margin.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:23 pm

Anyone fancy a Carl Froch hype train thread:

CARL FROCH WILL SMASH WARD

Something along the lines of...?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:08 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:Anyone fancy a Carl Froch hype train thread:

CARL FROCH WILL SMASH WARD

Something along the lines of...?

Why not Alex, will tide us over until Waingro gets chance to knock the inevitable poll up.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:24 pm

I think Ward will win quite convincingly. My only real concern would be his chin against Frochs power which could potenitally fail if caught right but I cant see Froch winning winning a decision and expect Ward to outbox him for most of the fight. I would expect Ward to be better on the inside and on the outside so he can win the fight in a number of ways tacticacally. Where Froch might have the potential to surprise is on the inside because while I give Ward a clear advantage there, Froch is something of an unknown in that regard. He could possibly surprise us by being able to mix it up front with Ward, but I wouldnt bet on it.

Froch has struggled with the best pure boxers he faced in Dirrell and Taylor and I would make Ward a ltougher prospect still from those because unlike those two he has an inside game to go with his outside game and doesnt need to run or stay out of range as much.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 14 Dec 2011, 3:25 pm

manos de piedra wrote:I think Ward will win quite convincingly. My only real concern would be his chin against Frochs power which could potenitally fail if caught right
Can’t see a clean KO and with Smoger I think he’ll just let them fight on.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2