The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Ashton starts brawl at Welford Road

+42
Heaf
Knowsit17
Manu's Boxing Coach
munkian
JDandfries
Portnoy
maestegmafia
thebandwagonsociety
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Casartelli
nathan
robbo277
Cymroglan
B91212
Baggy42
maverickmak
greybeard
niwatts
ME-109
Glas a du
brennomac
Comfort
yappysnap
HammerofThunor
hawalsh
TJ1
Rory_Gallagher
Geordie
LordDowlais
Dubbelyew L Overate
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
R!skysports
Time For Trumpton
geoff998rugby
formerly known as Sam
caoimhincentre
Standulstermen
beshocked
LondonTiger
red_stag
mckay1402
Metal Tiger
46 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Chris Ashton starts brawl at Welford Road - Page 7 Empty Chris Ashton starts brawl at Welford Road

Post by Metal Tiger Mon 05 Dec 2011, 9:52 am

First topic message reminder :

A seperate thread away from the main Tigers V Saints game post to discuss in more detail the incident provoked by Chris Aston.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0dcme2wCGBs#!

For those who haven't seen/heard the incident yet... Alessano Tuilagi makes a break down the wing (crumbie side) and hands off Chris Ashton. Chris Ashton grabs hold of Tuiagis hair as he goes bay and swings him to the ground, then taking a firm grip on his dreadlocks, drags him across the pitch into touch.

Tuilagi is less than happy. As he stands up he gives Ashton a dig in the ribs.

I think it was Matt Smith (?) runs in to try and split them up.

Courtney Lawes runs in and starts swinging.

Players from both team pile in to join or sperate (depending on your point of view I suppose).

Geordan Murphy jumps in and launches a couple back at Courtney.

Tom Wood runs across the park and delivers a flurry of punches into the melee.

The ball boy who is stood watching a little too close gets swallowed up the brawl and lucky not to be injured.

Officials finally restore order.

Barnes in a shocking & disgraceful decision red cards Tuilagi (the victim of Ashtons foul & dangerous play) and then red cards Tom Wood (fair enough decision I thought).

Ashton walks away unpunished and (alledgedly from some of the supporters in the Crumbie, although I didn't see this) grinning & winking at the crowd.

This should go before the citing panel this week and lengthy bans for Ashton, Lawes & Wood. Most likely Murphy too. But will Alessano also pick up a ban for reacting to Ashtons attack in the way he did? Unfair to be sure, but likely.

Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Chris Ashton starts brawl at Welford Road - Page 7 Empty Re: Chris Ashton starts brawl at Welford Road

Post by stlowe Wed 07 Dec 2011, 8:23 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:It would appear that Mr Ashton is nothing but an overrated bully, who abuses women and pulls hair. Nice guy to have around ! vomit

Would you suggest trading him in for someone who glasses people in the face?

stlowe

Back to top Go down

Chris Ashton starts brawl at Welford Road - Page 7 Empty Re: Chris Ashton starts brawl at Welford Road

Post by gmclachl Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:00 pm

stlowe wrote:
21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:It would appear that Mr Ashton is nothing but an overrated bully, who abuses women and pulls hair. Nice guy to have around ! vomit

Would you suggest trading him in for someone who glasses people in the face?

Would you suggest trading him in for someone who is alleged to have glassed someone in the face?

There fixed it for you. I really don't see what this has to do with Max Evans. We are discussing Chris Ashton.

gmclachl

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:32 pm

To be fair to Ashton, he is terrible in defence.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by stlowe Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:37 pm

Well, I purposely didn't mention any names to try and keep it a bit more hypothetical, but seeming as you did, more accurate might be to say:

Would you suggest trading him in for someone who is going to stand trial for having glassed someone in the face, causing "severe injury, permanent disfigurement and permanent impairment"?

My questioning the poster I quoted was to establish how sincere his heavy disgust was, or whether he might have double standards in its application, hence his often theatric postings regarding other countries.

Talking of sincerity 'gmclachl', I notice you're a pretty infrequent poster. I wonder why that might be...not obvious at all.

stlowe

Back to top Go down

Post by gmclachl Wed 07 Dec 2011, 9:57 pm

You may not have mentioned him by name, but we all knew who you were talking about. Strange you are being so pedantic about your wording now. As for your question to the original poster, if you wanted to keep it hypothetical you could have simply asked him how he would feel if a this was a Scottish player had behaved in a similar manner.

I am an infrequent poster because I only post when I have something to say, and your strange comparison drew me to post.

Anyway I have no desire to argue with people on a forum, the next stage after that is getting offered a job and the RFU and no one wants that.

gmclachl

Back to top Go down

Post by stlowe Wed 07 Dec 2011, 10:30 pm

OK, if you say that's why, I'm sure that's correct and not a far more transparent reason that your first post on this site alludes to.

I said "more hypothetical", not strictly hypothetical. The aim was to circle around real events and make a concise point about things to consider.

stlowe

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 07 Dec 2011, 10:43 pm

stlowe, there's a lovely little feature of the forum that allows you to view every post someone's posted. Not very useful but it makes it very easy to read all 5 of gmclachl's posts. Not single one suggests WUMmery. The closest is the suggestion that Glasgow are worth paying £10 to see boxing

However I don't think I've ever read anything useful or interesting from 21st Century Schizoid Man

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by stlowe Wed 07 Dec 2011, 10:55 pm

I'm not suggesting that the member 'gmclachl' is a WUM, just that they are wary of, shall we say 'contamination'.

stlowe

Back to top Go down

Post by gmclachl Thu 08 Dec 2011, 8:12 am

I can assure you I am not a WUM, more of a lurker. Having recently found out how much a ticket to a football match costs I have reassessed my £10 statement (By the way it's now £15)

gmclachl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7