The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingsholm to host Ireland v Baabaas

4 posters

Go down

Kingsholm to host Ireland v Baabaas Empty Kingsholm to host Ireland v Baabaas

Post by Metal Tiger Tue 06 Dec 2011, 4:03 pm

Whilst I think it is great that they are starting to move around Barbarians fixtures again and not just playing them all at Twickers. However, I am concerned that Gloucesters ground doesn't have enough capacity for an international, not even a Baabaas international. Afterall, Ireland are known generally for a good level of travelling support and I'll bet there will more than a few Glaws fans wouldn't mind watching this too.

Thoughts/comments?

(Pulled this straight off the BBC website.)

Kingsholm to host Ireland v Baabaas _57150919_kingshoml

Gloucester's Kingsholm stadium is set to host international rugby again when Barbarians and Ireland face each other on 29 May 2012.

The fixture is a repeat of 2008's game at the ground which Ireland won 39-14.

Barbarians commercial director Mike Burton said: "We are delighted to be back at this rugby hotbed again."

Gloucester managing director Ken Nottage added: "We've hosted a number of internationals at the stadium but a Barbarians match is always special."

He added: "It would be fantastic to get the tremendous backing of our supporters to illustrate the region's ever growing commitment to supporting the game at all levels from grass roots to the international stage."
Metal Tiger
Metal Tiger

Back to top Go down

Kingsholm to host Ireland v Baabaas Empty Re: Kingsholm to host Ireland v Baabaas

Post by Golden Tue 06 Dec 2011, 4:37 pm

Why is an Ireland-BaBas game been played in England? Whats the attendance of Kingsholm?

Golden

Back to top Go down

Kingsholm to host Ireland v Baabaas Empty Re: Kingsholm to host Ireland v Baabaas

Post by TycroesOsprey Tue 06 Dec 2011, 6:06 pm

Im a bit suprised its not being played in Dublin, in 2008 they didnt have a stadium so I can see why they went to kingsholm then; now it seems like a bit of a weird decision. They would be certain to pull a bigger crowd at home rather than in Glaws surely?

TycroesOsprey

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Tue 06 Dec 2011, 6:09 pm

Mike Burton is the commercial director of the Barbarians.

Mike Burton Group who are a massive commerical sports agency are based in Quedgeley which is in Gloucester.

I suspect thats the reason.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down