The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+31
PJHolybloke
littleswannygirl
whocares
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pal Joey
Notch
IanBru
Beer
Adam D
Cari
Hound_of_Harrow
mickyt
rodders
perthshirepuma
MBTGOG
Mickado
prop_lyd
Thomond
PenfroPete
Ozzy3213
Rava
Suspicious lurker
Glas a du
MrsP
red_stag
Gibson
Mick(TEFC)
offload
WillyGilly
Luckless Pedestrian
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
35 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing pictures of Doug Howlett above the bar!

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t19461p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#757012

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by PJHolybloke Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:02 pm

Gibson wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:
Rava wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:
Glas a du wrote:Whisky and sausages Drool

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 3845856932

warning WhiskEy and sausages perlease. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 3933776953

PJ, I wasn't at the weekend but I have to say I like the cut of yer jib. A proper whiskEy man!! Hug

OK Except for someone picked a pub that only sold Scotch - No Paddy, no Jameson's, no Bushmills - just plenty of medicine. Crying or Very sad

Laugh

All true. I was there when the man ordered a dram of the good stuff. They had none. Only Scotch. He wasnt impressed. Would have nowt else. Rav, meself, yerself and PJ have to share your 16 year old Bush one day. Sounds bad that.. but...

yeknowworimeanbud. zen

Swanny,
Ummm, is safely in Brussels. Horrible scene in Leige/Luik. Awful.

I thought I'd disguised my disappointment quite well Gibbo, clearly not. raspberry

I have to be absolutely honest, I would have had The Macallan had it have been there, but alas they didn't have the only palatable Scotch there is; I noticed they actually had Laphroaig up there though, which I can only assume was left over from a stint of summer fence painting. I had one foisted on me by me late father once many moons ago, he'd had a bottle for his birthday and insisted we crack it together, if I didn't know better I'd have sworn it was off... vomit

I like Rava already and I'm up for some Bush sharing anyday - regardless of age - to be on the safe side next time we get together I'm bringing my own whiskey, the only rule being that once the bottle's cracked nobody leaves till it's gone. Hug

Prop, best wishes to your nanna & I hope she's sorted in time for Christmas. OK
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:05 pm

Really sorry to hear about your nan prop, that is terrible, but great to hear that you care, to many people don't these days. My wifes nan is in for any emergency heart op on the 19th so Xmas up in the air at the mo.

I will admit to being a little peed right now, been drinking Sharps Abbey Christmas with whiskey chasers since half three but I love you guys and am gutted I missed the meet this weekend as there are a few regs I'd love to see again and some I am dying to meet Ale

Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:07 pm

Bad news for Scarlets fans. Iestyn Thomas is not well by any stretch of the imagination.

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:09 pm

I am glad to report that the natural order is resumed...

...Llandybie has two quality chip shops.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 20 3845856932
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:14 pm

Pete: Hug enjoy your whiskey!

Although I must confess, I don't know how anyone can like whisky/whiskey/whisgi....tastes pretty ych to me! (apologies to all whisky/whiskey/whisgi lovers)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:15 pm

Rhino - WHAT?! where is this news from? what's wrong with him??

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:22 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Rhino - WHAT?! where is this news from? what's wrong with him??

You should remember where i get my Iestyn and Scarlets news from. He still lives in Pontypool and travels to Llanelli everyday. There seems to be an awful lot of viruses and related other illnesses going round here at the moment. Lets hope it hasn't spread to his team mates and he recovers in time.

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:25 pm

rhino-dragon wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:Rhino - WHAT?! where is this news from? what's wrong with him??

You should remember where i get my Iestyn and Scarlets news from. He still lives in Pontypool and travels to Llanelli everyday. There seems to be an awful lot of viruses and related other illnesses going round here at the moment. Lets hope it hasn't spread to his team mates and he recovers in time.

I can only hope that you are incredibly misinformed (no offence intended Smile ) Am going to be in all of a panic until the teams are announced now! Oh my poor Iestyn, we really, really need him fit and well.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:29 pm

At least he has until sunday. Us Pontypool farm boys do recover quickly.

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:32 pm

That's very good to know then Rhino! and aye, a few days still to go, fingers crossed for him.

Am watching Masterchef. big mistake. Have already eaten and am now starving again!

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:35 pm

Good bit of training: 2 red bull girls turning up and dishing out free red bulls.

Bad bit of training: falling over and smacking my shin on the astrotruf so i now can't run........one day i'll be fully fit.

Cheers for the get well soon's I'll pass them onto her Ok!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:01 pm

Yea Dreamer I have spare ticket.

Also no way should Earls be playing

- He has been out of the team for a while and is going to end up at 13 anyway which is an unfamiliar position

- I was told from a fairly reliable source that he was targetting a Pro12 game in January to get ready for Castres and Northampton.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:09 pm

Just seen on Facebook that my brother has won the Brendan McKenna Award from the Soccer Writers Association of Ireland. Delighted for him.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:10 pm

ooooh awesomeness on the spare ticket then, will talk more about it when you are back home Smile

And that's excellent news for your brother, seriously brilliant clap

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:12 pm

Stag, having read some previous entries to that competiton that is a very good title to win. Any chance it will be up on the net?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:13 pm

Im not sure exactly Thomond. He just put it up on his Facebook. Im still in the UK so havent spoken to him about it yet. He's in his final year of college.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:19 pm

That's awesome Stag!! Congrats to him!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:20 pm

Well I have to plead ignorance as I'm not sure exactly what the award is, I'm happy to be educated though.

Nevertheless, congratulations are clearly in order so clap .

How's the voice Stag, has it recovered now?
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:32 pm

Yea just about recovered PJ though Im still on tour been drinking with MBTGOG last night and staying with him til Firday
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:33 pm

Thomond and others here is what won him the award

http://adrugcalledsport.blogspot.com/2011/12/north-western-connections.html
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:37 pm

Well written Stag, I would complain about his theory that Cook brought passing football to the League of Ireland( not true at all) but it's informative yet not shoving facts in your face. Is your borther interested in the LOI?

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:40 pm

He's into most things sports I dont know of a sport or competition he hasnt an interest in.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:46 pm

red_stag wrote:Thomond and others here is what won him the award

Did he used to write your blog for you Stag?

Run
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:48 pm

No thats my own concoction Im afraid Glas. The ramblings are my own. My knowledge is limited to rugby, his is much vaster.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:49 pm

red_stag wrote:Thomond and others here is what won him the award

Good work fella! Will he be pursuing a career in journalism?

I also think you deserve a special mention for still being on the lash after 5 days - feckin hero!
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:50 pm

Is that still going with you?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:55 pm

5 days?

Wednesday - Dublin
Thursday - Church Village
Friday - Cardiff
Saturday - Llanelli
Sunday - Devon
Monday - Cardiff
Tuesday - Chester

Today no alcohol . . . . .I'm going into withdrawal symptoms.

Glas - finding it hard to commit really due to juggling a full time job, a part time university degree and refereeing`at weekends apart from having a girlfriend and a social life.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by PJHolybloke Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:02 pm

7 days?! Feckin animal. Very Happy
PJHolybloke
PJHolybloke

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:04 pm

Sure Im on my holidays from work PJ. Not back to work til Monday.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:05 pm

Good man. Enough constructive stuff elsewhere. Get your brother to do it.

Been making lamb burgers tonight. Just had tasters with my parents. Ratio of meat to bread crumbs not quite right, but I didn't want to waste the bread, a little more onion perhaps. The upside is that I still have the bones and the meat I couldn't get at to make Cawl.

I took a couple of joints (meat not Gibbo's ones) to my mates dad as payment for storing my tractor for 5 years. Also gave him a pot of Mrs G's homemade chutney. If I gave him £1,000 I don't think he'd be happier.

Tony Bennett on the Royal Variety. I remember watching it with my Mamgu and she was surprised he was still alive 25 years ago!
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:07 pm

We're watching a movie at Munstys gaff. I think he's asleep.

Also met up with Swanny for dinner earlier.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:09 pm

He wakes up in the end

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:14 pm

Religious fervour takes it out of you.

My RE teacher was reading the Bible in the corridor and my English teacher said "He dies at the end you know". The RE teacher didn't see it funny. Within a term he'd died of a heart attack, although I doubt there was a link.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:16 pm

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20