The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+31
PJHolybloke
littleswannygirl
whocares
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pal Joey
Notch
IanBru
Beer
Adam D
Cari
Hound_of_Harrow
mickyt
rodders
perthshirepuma
MBTGOG
Mickado
prop_lyd
Thomond
PenfroPete
Ozzy3213
Rava
Suspicious lurker
Glas a du
MrsP
red_stag
Gibson
Mick(TEFC)
offload
WillyGilly
Luckless Pedestrian
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
35 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 18 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub - a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no defacing pictures of Doug Howlett above the bar!

So pull up a chair....what'll it be?

Ale cuppa coffee mug cider RedWine Bubbly

Old Pub: https://www.606v2.com/t19461p950-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub#757012

Last edited by rugbydreamer on Wed 07 Dec 2011, 5:36 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 18 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:42 pm

Evening all Ale

Rhino - gutted we didn't get to meet up with you on the Sunday, but sounds like you had a great time anyway OK

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 18 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by prop_lyd Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:43 pm

What are cheese puffs made of?

Wotsit matter?
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:44 pm

Evening Kenny guinness

We posted at precisely the same time! Actually I need to check something with you, will PM you.

Cymro, Laugh
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:46 pm

rugbydreamer wrote:Evening all Ale

Rhino - gutted we didn't get to meet up with you on the Sunday, but sounds like you had a great time anyway OK

Yeah i was gutted not to bump into you again. It is always a pleasure to see you. I drunk far too much. Far more than intended too. Was a good day though. I even got my little girl an exeter Chiefs teddy bear. I hate going home empty handed.

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:47 pm

Ok Swanny guinness

Hope everyone else is well , and getting ready for christmas
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:48 pm

Talking of Christmas I came home today to find all my doors and windows smashed in and everything gone. What sort of sick person does that to someone's Advent calendar

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:49 pm

Rhino - a fab, I bet she loved getting a present like that Smile

Kenny - shhh no! Have done next to no Christmas shopping at all! Going to have to speed shop on the weekend now, and I know it's going to be horribly busy Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:50 pm

The Polish are good at cleaning furniture.

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:52 pm

[quote="rugbydreamer"]Rhino - a fab, I bet she loved getting a present like that Smile

Yeah she had to take it over my parents to show them on the monday. I remember the shocked look on the face of the bloke working in the Exeter shop. He couldn't believe a Dragons fan wanted a Chiefs teddy. The girl working there got the point more and said it is one cute looking bear.

As far as Christmas goes bah humbug. Though i did finish my shopping in September.

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:53 pm

dreamer i could shop for ever , im always finding one more present to buy . Never tried speed shopping though ... sounds interesting Laugh
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:54 pm

Ah well then you're much more organised then me!

I love Christmas, but can't seem to feel Christmassy this year, it still feels ages away for some reason.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:56 pm

KingKenny7Heaven wrote:dreamer i could shop for ever , im always finding one more present to buy . Never tried speed shopping though ... sounds interesting Laugh

ha tis like a military operation Kenny! Get a few ideas on your head, figure out which shops will be the best place to go, track a route and off you go! I despise shopping most of the time which is a good thing really, because when I am in the mood to shop, I can spend stupid amounts!

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:57 pm

I do organisation very well. It is everything else i fail on.

I absolutely despise Christmas. Always have done as far as i can remember. I don't mean to be a Captain killjoy but it never has had any true meaning to me.

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Tue 13 Dec 2011, 8:59 pm

Cymroglan wrote:My mate just hired an Eastern European cleaner, took her 5 hours to Hoover the house. Turns out she was a Slovak

Laugh Micky T will have that Cym.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:02 pm

ah that's fair enough Rhino, I know a lot of people that feel like that.

I've just always loved it, as long as I can remember. You know you get the over excited kid that wakes up at like 3 or 4am on Christmas morning? That's me. I just love the whole day, spending time with my family, the food, just everything. I'm the only one in my family household that loves it though, which is a pain sometimes, coz I've got no one to be all excited and Christmassy with.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:06 pm

I used to love boxing day rugby mind. I am going to miss that this year.

I think my wife is a bit like you to be honest dreamer. Always asking me what time we can wake up Christmas morning. I keep saying a later time each time she asks. Even then she still tries to drag me up early.

Ironically the best Christmas i ever had was when it was just me and her. She was working one Christmas morning so i got up made her breakfast and sent her on her way to work. I just then proceeded to get drunk while i cooked the dinner. Then when she come home we ate it and i passed out in front of the tv. Not a bad day all in all.

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:08 pm

haha well, whatever it is that makes you happy I guess! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:11 pm

Booze and a full belly i am quite easily pleased in some ways lol. Mind you i had worked the previous six Christmas days myself so it is better than spending eight hours staring at the same four walls.

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:14 pm

aye, guess so, don't understand it myself (the thought of not spending Christmas at home doesn't sit well with me at all!) but everyone's different and that's a very good thing Smile

Latest Scarlets news/rumour: Georgie is fit for Sunday, Shings is a doubt with a toe injury.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:19 pm

Evening all

Just watching Scarlets vs. Munster now, 59 minutes in, and I have a question...

How de feic has POC not been cited for the shoulder charge to Liam Williams head that he has just done???
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:32 pm

ah twasn't a shoulder chrage I don't think. I remember initially I thought it was bad, but that the replays it didn't look so bad. I think POC genuinely went to make a tackle, not sure if Sanjay was ducking in, or it's just the height difference that means his head clocked POC's shoulder. Would have to watch it again though, but don't recall there being shouts of foul play at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by rhino-dragon Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:33 pm

Was this the swinging arm if i remember correctly? I was a bit dubious about it at the time. I haven't seen any replays of it though?

rhino-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:37 pm

dreamer, I have sat and watched it a number of times now and he drives his shoulder into his head and then grabs him around the neck and drags him to the floor.

He may have genuinely gone to make a tackle and misjudged the height, but from reading all recent citing reports intent is irrelevant. It is no different from Hape on Denton or Rush on Lawes last season, where it was accepted by the disciplinary committee that they were attempting to make a legitimate tackle, but due to the ball carrier dipping they misjudged slightly and hit above the shoulder rather than just below.

Hape has just sat out 4 matches for it as they apparently want to set an example and stamp out tackling at that height.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:39 pm

Oh, and I am almost at the end of the game, and I have to say I think the Scarlets lost this game as opposed to Munster winning it if that makes sense.

Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:45 pm

It does indeed Pete. Personally I think both sides were poor, Scarlets were just incredibly stupid at times (again!) and were hesitant in the backs. Had our chances, didn't take them, simple as. Another game that got away. Munster were just smarter than us on the day (boo!). A very good win for them.

I might have to look at the tackle again, but I honestly can't recall anyone kicking up a fuss about it, and you know how vociferous us Scarlets fans can be!

Couldn't believe Sanjay stayed on after it though. That guy is going to be a great player, just fearless (with very bendy legs).

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Tue 13 Dec 2011, 10:25 pm

PJHolybloke wrote:
Rava wrote:
PJHolybloke wrote:
Glas a du wrote:Whisky and sausages Drool

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 18 3845856932

warning WhiskEy and sausages perlease. The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 18 3933776953

PJ, I wasn't at the weekend but I have to say I like the cut of yer jib. A proper whiskEy man!! Hug

OK Except for someone picked a pub that only sold Scotch - No Paddy, no Jameson's, no Bushmills - just plenty of medicine. Crying or Very sad

Laugh

All true. I was there when the man ordered a dram of the good stuff. They had none. Only Scotch. He wasnt impressed. Would have nowt else. Rav, meself, yerself and PJ have to share your 16 year old Bush one day. Sounds bad that.. but...

yeknowworimeanbud. zen

Swanny,
Ummm, is safely in Brussels. Horrible scene in Leige/Luik. Awful.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 13 Dec 2011, 10:42 pm

Evening all. Ozzy/dreamer - if it is the tackle I recall POC nearly wrenches the guy's head off. We were watching it in the pub and a dear old lady and her son (with gf/wife in tow) were clearly rooting for the Scarlets, but in a muted way.

I told them "Don't worry about supporting your rugby team in here, we're all just rugby fans." So they were mildly more vociferous. Anyway we got chatting after the game and Jean, the mum, said she was a rugby nut. Spotting my Ealing shirt, she said she always wanted to support a local team and asked where Ealing played. So I told her, and she said "Ah, I know where you mean."

The upshot is Andy and I are taking her to the game against Rosslyn Park this Saturday. Doncha just love this game Smile

Last edited by Hound_of_Harrow on Tue 13 Dec 2011, 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 13 Dec 2011, 10:43 pm

Just quickly before I head to bed, I've put some Big Meet picks up in the FB pub.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Tue 13 Dec 2011, 10:51 pm

Horrible scene indeed Gibbo. Ummm, was my first thought when I saw the news earlier. Very glad he's safe but my heart goes out to all those affected.
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound_of_Harrow Tue 13 Dec 2011, 11:02 pm

Yeah, the Liege thing is bad stuff alright. Liege is in SE Belgium btw.

Off for zzzzzz now.

Hound_of_Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Tue 13 Dec 2011, 11:04 pm

Home now. Running total on the float £2,100 with two night collecting to go, should make £3-3.5k for local good causes.

Grants Whisky, Bushmills Red Label, Glenmorangie, Coopers' sausages en route and a pint with Chinese from the shop next door at the count.

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:55 am

Bore da pawb / good morning all. Nice and dry on the way to work this morning - and there's a hole on the @rse of my waterproofs. Still, a better start to the day than yesterday morning, when I changed gear and the chain fell off and I had to walk.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:57 am

Soggy trous?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:21 am

Is that a brand of Wisgi?

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 18 3513163098

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:23 am

If it is, Mrs P, it felt like I'd spilt some on my trousers this morning!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:39 am

Hound_of_Harrow wrote:Evening all. Ozzy/dreamer - if it is the tackle I recall POC nearly wrenches the guy's head off. We were watching it in the pub and a dear old lady and her son (with gf/wife in tow) were clearly rooting for the Scarlets, but in a muted way.

I told them "Don't worry about supporting your rugby team in here, we're all just rugby fans." So they were mildly more vociferous. Anyway we got chatting after the game and Jean, the mum, said she was a rugby nut. Spotting my Ealing shirt, she said she always wanted to support a local team and asked where Ealing played. So I told her, and she said "Ah, I know where you mean."

The upshot is Andy and I are taking her to the game against Rosslyn Park this Saturday. Doncha just love this game Smile

Hound, that's what it's all about me old mate. OK

Morning all

Out for pints with my team this evening as I didn't make the office Christmas do due to a prior commitment. Roll on 5 o'clock. Ale
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:40 am

Bore da Mrs P

*sheepishly*

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:47 am

Glas a du wrote:Home now. Running total on the float £2,100 with two night collecting to go, should make £3-3.5k for local good causes.

Grants Whisky, Bushmills Red Label, Glenmorangie, Coopers' sausages en route and a pint with Chinese from the shop next door at the count.

No such whiskEy. If you are going to continue your love affair with Ulster then it is high time you got yourself over here for some education. Wink
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:48 am

Hound - ah that's nice you'll be taking her to the rugby, stories like that are what make this game so great Smile

And bore da/good morning all, got to go to the horrid doctors in a bit, not looking forward to heading out in this weather, the heavens look like they're about to open!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:52 am

Morning All. Horrible horrible morning, snow, sleet and rain. Drive up to Londonderry/Derry was awful. Some serious flooding around the city.

Having a nice warm mug now thankfully. Not looking forward to driving back though.
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:06 am

Is this IT

Can't look in work as they are afraid we'll drink the alcohol through our PC's Rolling Eyes
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:10 am

PenfroPete wrote:Is this IT

Can't look in work as they are afraid we'll drink the alcohol through our PC's Rolling Eyes

Known as 'Ordinary' Bush Pete THIS. Never ever heard it called Red Label. That title is reserved for the cooking whisky produced by Johnnie Walker Wink

Last edited by Rava on Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Link to the Bushmills website added.)
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:25 am

'bout ye Rava ? Will have to have a look when I get home. Weather update - the sleet is splitting the stones here. Could be an interesting flight to Turnipistan on Friday Shocked
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:35 am

"sheepishly"

Aren't you always Glas?

Tis your job afterall!

You do know I was only messing yesterday, don't you?

You'll have to try a lot harder to offend me.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 18 3602195817

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:40 am

Rava wrote:
Glas a du wrote:Home now. Running total on the float £2,100 with two night collecting to go, should make £3-3.5k for local good causes.

No such whiskEy. If you are going to continue your love affair with Ulster then it is high time you got yourself over here for some education. Wink
Sorry, missed the comma Doh
I don't really know anything about whisk* but thought I should take some notice as I would be grilled accordingly. All I can say is that on a cold wet night it was very welcome. A far cry from the Grouse chasers I used to drink to take advantage if happy hour as a stoodint.

*enter ending if choice.

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Rava Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:47 am

Ah no problem Glas. Can't wait though to give you the "tour". thumbsup

Penfruit, mucker! Are you venturing to Thommond Park this weekend then? Have you thought any more about a possible trip to Belfast?
Rava
Rava

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:50 am

PenfroPete wrote:Is this IT

No it wasn't that it was the Johny Walker's (I think, can't really remember now)

I'm still dehydrated after alcohol and Chinese. Cracking deal, mixed starter, sweet and sour chicken and salt and pepper chips £5 a head!

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:54 am

Mrs P!

I thought three bites was a sign!

Hug

Rava gave decided to knock Hilltown on the head, Mrs G would prefer the New Year for a jaunt. I've looked at the fixture list and it's the Leicester game that stands out, albeit clashing with Scarlets at home to Castres. Any of the regs thinking of going to that one?

Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by MBTGOG Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:57 am

Morning all,

Top night out last night. Stag had a good night as well.

MBTGOG

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:04 am

Morning Munsty. This must be your last week before Christmas, am I right?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next