The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

December to Dismember

3 posters

Go down

December to Dismember Empty December to Dismember

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 13 Dec 2011, 1:03 pm

Why did this PPV flop big time? I know the sales were awful but what about the PPV itself? I know Lashley won an Extreme Elimination Chamber but that's about it. Can anyone go into any detail why it was so bad?

What were your personal thoughts on it?

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

December to Dismember Empty Re: December to Dismember

Post by The_Enigma Tue 13 Dec 2011, 1:20 pm

I think it was considered a flop due to two reasons. Don't forget at the time there was still the brand extention which meant that each brand had their own PPV, well execpt the big four.

1. The Time - I've already touched on this but with the brand extention ECW never really had the chance to have their own PPV, well apart from the rebirth of One Night Stand which even then didn't include the current roster at the time. Everybody still appeared at the big 4 events and exactly one week eariler WWE held Survivor Series on PPV. They also held a Smackdown! PPV 2 weeks later on the 17th? which was Armageddon, again this was on PPV, I guess with no major stars people wern't interested in ordering and would mean there was 3 PPV's in the space of a month which people would have had to pay for especially with christmas around the corner.

2. The Booking - I think it's a well known fact that this was the night Paul Haymen was sent on ,suspended and later fired by the WWE. They sight creative differences but what else is new? There were problems leading up to this with Paul loosing control of his own promtoion which he was head creative in. People were muscling in on his storylines. In fact Big Show was due to be elimanated first with Bobby Lashly beating RVD to win the title, but that was scaped by other writers. I just think with the roster at the time matches were added last second and the current feuds at the time Striker/Mahoney wound't really draw the numbers to view a PPV. The PPV could have been more of a success if they had promoted it with weeks of storylines in the making. MNM V Hardy's would have been a match which could have drawn the fans in but was only put on the card days before the event. I also think if they would have included a couple more Raw & Smackdown guys it would have given them more star power which again would have effected the numbers.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 13 Dec 2011, 1:27 pm

It's also an interesting point, but Vengence this year was the second lowest PPV in sales. Again they held 3 PPV's in the space of 2 months.

They need to just stick to one a month & build up matches & storylines.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 13 Dec 2011, 1:36 pm

They had 3 PPV's in five weeks this year, something was bound to suffer

As for December to Dismember, I think Enigma pretty much hit the nail on the head

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by UpsideDownFace Tue 13 Dec 2011, 2:09 pm

Yeah I read the thing about Vengeance and it mentioned that December to Dismember was the lowest selling one so wondered what made it so bad

UpsideDownFace

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down