The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster v Scarlets - Sunday

+34
greybeard
CurlyOsp
Feagh McHugh
mckay1402
Standulstermen
flynnnio
maestegmafia
bedfordwelsh
eirebilly
Artful_Dodger
Crassus
asoreleftshoulder
red_stag
Irish Curry
valjester
Comfort
gowales
rodders
Londonwelsh
Smirnoffpriest
munkian
Sin é
Red Right
Cymroglan
rhino-dragon
Rory_Gallagher
Turkster
mrsuperclear
BlueMuff
ME-109
Thomond
SecretFly
MMC
Chunky Norwich
38 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Munster v Scarlets - Sunday - Page 8 Empty Munster v Scarlets - Sunday

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

Keith Earls has been included in the 29 strong Munster squad named this morning for the Heineken Cup round four game at Thomond Park Stadium on Sunday (12.45).

Earls came through the squad training session in UL yesterday and if he does likewise in tomorrow's run could be a contender for a place in the match day squad with Tony McGahan adding "We've to wait and see, he's been out of action for three to four weeks, so we'll have to see how he gets on in training for the rest of the week."

Munster Squad (29): Marcus Horan, Wian du Preez, Stephen Archer, John Hayes, BJ Botha, Denis Fogarty, Damien Varley, Donncha O'Callaghan, Donnacha Ryan, Paul O'Connell, Mick O'Driscoll, Ian Nagle, Billy Holland, Denis Leamy, Niall Ronan, James Coughlan, Tommy O'Donnell, Tomas O'Leary, Conor Murray, Ian Keatley, Ronan O'Gara, Johne Murphy, Denis Hurley, Scott Deasy, Simon Zebo, Will Chambers, Lifeimi Mafi, Danny Barnes, Keith Earls.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Munster v Scarlets - Sunday - Page 8 Empty Re: Munster v Scarlets - Sunday

Post by Rory_Gallagher Tue 20 Dec 2011, 3:57 pm

However if it is harsh/biased for rodders to say TOL has had bad form, why is it any different when Sexton is put down for his poor RWC?

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 20 Dec 2011, 4:01 pm

The hobbit and monye have nothing to do with it.

Why would I be bias against TOL?
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 20 Dec 2011, 4:44 pm

Sin é wrote:
A bit of patience. rather than abuse from the 'Ireland' supporters would be a good thing imo.

We'll have our differences of opinions, Sin e, and why not, it's what places like this are for. But please, I do hope that 'abuse' line wasn't directed at me. I'll call it as I see it, and how I saw it back then was how many many fans and a horde of media types called it and saw it too - that is to say, many many people saw what they saw and knew that TOL was off-form. Saying he was off-form is not a statement of abuse but a statement of fact. If that was down to injury is not the issue, he was below par at the time and people mentioned it.

I've criticised Kearney, Fitz, Redden, Heaslip and any number of players in my time. I was giving out about Cullen a few days ago. I'll call it as I see it. As I say, it's what places like this is for - opinions.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:36 pm

Sin é wrote:
You think 2 tries in 8 games is good Shocked Ugo played 6 and got 5 Laugh

By the way, SW still got picked even though he didn't score any tries until his 6th game.

Anyway, Ugo seems to be doing fine with Quins - nice win down in Toulouse yesterday. Remind me how did the Ospreys do at home?

Wow you're so bitter. Which 8 games are you talking about? How many did either score against SA? Very Happy Who has notched up tries against all 3 SH teams? Who was former IRB player of the year? Who holds the Wales try scoring record? Very Happy

It was a great win by Quins and it has been well documented. Ospreys didn't do very well at home. They might have won had it not been for Bowe dropping the ball (again).
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:44 pm

DOD wrote:
Not sure what the Hobbit or Ugo Monye have to do with this...

Excellent point. Rolling Eyes
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Tue 20 Dec 2011, 9:11 pm

roddersm wrote:The hobbit and monye have nothing to do with it.

Why would I be bias against TOL?

a lot of posters simply dislike TOL as a player (like fly) and regardless of how he is doing will put him down. As in the warm up games giving a fair shot to a very good player to prove himself. He didn't and neither did Luke Fitz and they were dropped. No doubt fly is the sametype of poster who looked for players being picked on form.

Fly your comments on giving opinions (if you ever got to the point) is well made but am sure that sin could make the exact same comment

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Tue 20 Dec 2011, 10:00 pm

Well DOD I have to be honest I'm not a fan of O'Leary as a player myself. I've nothing against him, I know he is a committed player and physical, which I like ....its just I find him incredibly frustrating with his descision making and slow service..not to mention his box kicks.

Its nothing to do with him being from Munster...I think Conor Murray for example is a fabulous player.

If TOL plays well which he occaisionally does I have no problem in giving him credit. He has played pretty well at times recently just not at the weekend.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 20 Dec 2011, 10:55 pm

DOD do you really have to rush in to support Sin é on every little issue? He's man enough to speak for himself, and has proven it so many times. I'm telling Sin é to stick to his perfectly legit comments and less of the 'abuse' bull.

As for yourself, even when you give me a grumbling compliment of sorts - my comment on opinions "is well made" - you still can't resist the old niggle "(if you ever got to the point)"

..and, finally on this thread, don't put words in my mouth. I don't dislike Tomás as a player, I simply think he's not a natural scrum half. He has qualities that I would see more as a centre. Just as Fitz, much as he has always expressed his preference for a 15 role, is nowhere next to being one. An opinion of merit of certain players in particular positions not a opinion of dislike.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 21 Dec 2011, 9:19 am

Why wasn't there a card for the Munster player lying on the floor who tapped the ball out of Tavis Knoyle's hands 15m out from the Munster try line?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec 2011, 9:26 am

That I can't answer Chunky, but then, I didn't notice it was a Munster hand when I was watching it live, so guess it was missed. A bit annoying though!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 21 Dec 2011, 9:29 am

rugbydreamer wrote: A bit annoying though!

I agree. Although I used different words at the time.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 4:56 pm

SecretFly wrote:DOD do you really have to rush in to support Sin é on every little issue? He's man enough to speak for himself, and has proven it so many times. I'm telling Sin é to stick to his perfectly legit comments and less of the 'abuse' bull.

As for yourself, even when you give me a grumbling compliment of sorts - my comment on opinions "is well made" - you still can't resist the old niggle "(if you ever got to the point)"

..and, finally on this thread, don't put words in my mouth. I don't dislike Tomás as a player, I simply think he's not a natural scrum half. He has qualities that I would see more as a centre. Just as Fitz, much as he has always expressed his preference for a 15 role, is nowhere next to being one. An opinion of merit of certain players in particular positions not a opinion of dislike.

1. I only made the point that a coach of no less reverence than McGeechan thought TOL was a good scrumhalf. I never indicated you didnt like TOL as a player...now you are splitting hairs.
2. Your prose is interesting in the James Joyce style (a compliment to some anyway) it goes on and on withouth much sense
3. I do not support Sin é on everything but I do agree with him on a lot of things. It may seem odd to people but when someone says x about a player and we reply y in a perfectly legit way providing the relevant evidence or just an opinion it is viewed as those Munster boys etc etc,
4. Sin rarely abuses and only in retaliation...

Dreamer the ball was knocked out of Noyles hands by his own player and he not taking care...the replay showed it clearly.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Morgannwg Wed 21 Dec 2011, 5:18 pm

It was Knoyles fault because he's a crap scrum half. I hope to see the excellent Gareth Davies ahead of him in the Wales pecking order.
Morgannwg
Morgannwg

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 21 Dec 2011, 5:18 pm

DOD, my prose goes on and on because in your brain you're misreading it all. When you're not focusing on something it can sound tiresome.

Now, at least read this bit. I did NOT accuse sin é of ABUSE (caps for emphasis). Repeat, I did not accuse sin é of abuse. He accused me of 'abusing' Tomás by talking about his lack of form.

I then said to sin é 'let's agree we're all having a discussion and don't accuse me of abusing a player when I'm not.

So, you see - your point 4 shows that you read bits and pieces and came to the wrong conclusion.

You simply don't like a lot of what I say, DOD, which is perfectly fine; I be surprised and a little unsettled if everyone agreed with me. Your eyes just glaze over when you listen to me and therefore it's understandable that you can read me all wrong.

Meet you out there in other threads, I really am getting tired coming back to this one.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec 2011, 6:11 pm

SIN'E does know that Shane Williams scored two tries the 3rd Lions test doesn't he?

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Wed 21 Dec 2011, 6:22 pm

They were probably lucky tries

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 Dec 2011, 6:37 pm

Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 21 Dec 2011, 7:59 pm

Maybe what he meant fly is that O'Learys form has been very good and one iffy bit last weekend in a poorly performing team is clutching at straws.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 22 Dec 2011, 10:35 am

Happy Christmas, DOD.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu 22 Dec 2011, 11:08 am

DOD,

O'Leary was very good IMO against Saints, Castres and Scarlets (in Wales).

However he very nearly cost us that match in Thomond single handedly. I thought he was dreadfuly, pants, rubbish and useless.

Now thats 3 very good cameos in the HEC against 1 dreadful cameo in the HEC so I won't be calling to see him sacked or anything. But it has cemented him firmly as second choice and as unfit for Ireland IMO. I would have him 4th (maybe 5th choice) scrumhalf in country.
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Thu 22 Dec 2011, 11:38 am

SecretFly wrote:Happy Christmas, DOD.

And a happy new year.... Munster v Scarlets - Sunday - Page 8 3845856932

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content