The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nadal's Response

+7
Simple_Analyst
luciusmann
noleisthebest
Tenez
hawkeye
laverfan
10IS
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nadal's Response  - Page 2 Empty Nadal's Response

Post by 10IS Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:26 am

First topic message reminder :

Virtual Nadal short Q&A session, which I am sure will rile quite a few posters. That is not my intention though. Feel like many posters are unfairly cirtical of Nadal. So I am taking the other side. FYI i always support Nadal in Federer v Nadal matches Wink

606V2 Nadal Critic(s) : You are a moonballer. A physical player. Your strategy is to tire down your opponent. Boo!

Rafa's Response:
Last I heard moon-balling wasn't a illegal. Physical steam ? Do you think I just turned physical overnight? It is a result of countless hours I put in the gym to get stronger so I could play for hours on without getting tired. And what is wrong with tiring your opponents down? Its
called strategy Doh ..you know that each player has based on his/her strength. One of my strengths is physicality and I will use every
drop of it to win a match. Some players play attacking style, I play tennis like a game of chess, where I slowly strangle my opponents
using moonballing, waiting for them to make mistakes, making them run olympic marathons Yahoo

606V2 NC(s): You have no talent. Federer is so talented. He floats like a butterfly his forehand stings like a bee.

Rafa's response:

When Nature/God was handing out that talent tonic on the human gene pool, I missed out on the lottery. Is that a shame? You should be praising me that I have relied more on my hard work and less on the random tennis-genius gene pool lottery to get this far. I take that as a complement. Sure I don't float like a butterfly bit boy my forehand feels like a sledge hammer. Just ask you know who.

606V2 NC(s): But by being physical you have forced other players to be so physical that non-physical players cannot win despite being
talented.

Rafa's Response: Too bad. Maybe they should play the gene pool lottery and ask for more talent from GOD Yahoo again laughing

606V2 NC(s): But Djoko gave you a real beating this year. 6-0. He used your strategy against you. Now you will never win against him. Many new players will suddenly grow physical and beat you. You are doomed.

Rafa's response: Yes I lost to Djoko, but as far as I know the 2011 is not the end of tennis. Some of the mathces I lost to Djoko were close ones and I feel like he cannot sutstain that level of play for too long. would like to turn it around next year. Djoko was my boogeyman this year. I have to admit it and try to turn it around next year. PEACE!

10IS

Back to top Go down

Nadal's Response  - Page 2 Empty Re: Nadal's Response

Post by Tenez Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:25 pm

10IS wrote:Tenez's view of Nadal reminds me of how Sean Hannity (FOX news) views Obama. Totally biased and seeing flaws in everything he does. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

You a Fox News watcher? Say no more.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:28 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I hope I'll still be playing gingerly in my 70s, and have humility to acknowledge talent and effort younger generation have.
I don't listen to most "new" music or watch almost any "new" films, but am always ready to be nicely surprised.
Regarding films, one that I want to see is 'The Artist'.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Tenez wrote:
10IS wrote:Tenez's view of Nadal reminds me of how Sean Hannity (FOX news) views Obama. Totally biased and seeing flaws in everything he does. Does anyone know what I am talking about?

The only news I 'watch' is BBC and perhaps Al Jazeera occasionally. I shut my ears when a US News network is on (CNN may be an exception though).

I read most of my news, rather than watch/listen. OK

BTW, listening to Hannity would mean we would have a War on with Iran, North Korea, Syria, but US would not venture into Somalia. Laugh

Enough politics, let us go back to Tennis.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:40 pm

Absolutely 10IS, Tenez has been a raving anti-Nadalian for at least 5-6 years I'm aware of.
Probably started from the time Nadal first beat Federer in 2004, as a 17 yr old on a hardcourt!
Taking his views seriously on Nadal is tantamount to taking similar about Jacques Chirac's views on the use of public funds.

Tenez, its a bit 'much' to judge someone when they comment on something they've seen on a news programme, lol.
We cant be all intellectual heavyweights like you Laugh

NITB, are you saying you wont be buying the Xfactor winners single then?
Shame on you Wink
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:43 pm

laverfan wrote:
hawkeye wrote:That last link was a great read. So much so that I've completely forgotten what I was arguing about...
The significance of AO and the motivation for a Grand Slam in the 1940-70s. Nadal's Response  - Page 2 810156456

hawkeye wrote:Who is this Kavanagh though? He's fed up with the sportsmanship showed by todays players and has stopped watching! He needs re-educating. I would start by making him watch the 2009 AO final from start to finish including the trophy ceremony. We have two players today who represent all that is fair and good in sport. I'm sure he would change his view (as long as he's kept well away from any match involving Murray).

http://www.uqp.uq.edu.au/Author.aspx/1050/Kavanagh,%20Lawrie
http://kavanaghsqueensland.blogspot.com/2009_09_01_archive.html
http://kavanaghsqueensland.blogspot.com/2009/09/lawrie-kavanagh-blog-launch.html

Whether it is Federer crying at AO 2009, or Murray sniffling at AO 2010, both are good matches, despite your bias against Murray. Wink

From Bud Collins's Encyclopedia...

Unfortunately, the hypocrisy and confusion of the 'shamateur' period was not done away quickly and cleanly. Rather than accept the British proposal that all competitors would be referred to 'players', abolishing the distinction between amateur and professional, the ILTF bowed to heavy pressure from Eastern European countries and their voting allies and effected a compromise that called for four classifications:

Amateurs, who would not accept prize money.

Teaching professionals, who could compete with Amateurs only in Open events.

"Contract Professionals" who made their living playing Tennis but did not accept the authority of their national associations affiliated to the ILTF, signing independent contracts instead with independent promoters.

"Registered Players", who could accept prize money in open tournaments but still obeyed their national associations and retained eligibility for amateur events, including the Davis, Federation and Wightman Cups.

Second Edition, page 144.

laverfan

From your link quoting Kavanagh

A DISGRUNTLED newspaper reader sent in a letter to the editor the other
day complaining about the way many top tennis players behave on court
these days, and it put a big smile on me dial because I couldn't agree
more.
Ya see I covered tennis for The Courier-Mail and international
news agencies around the world for about 25 years in the '60s, '70s and
early '80s before I moved on to column writing.
There were a couple of frowning, swearing, racquet-throwing dills around
in those days but they were in the minority and never made it to the
top.

Bearing in mind that this article was written at the end of January 2011. Who do you think the "frowning, swearing, racquet-throwing dills" (actually whats a "dill") were that he and the newspaper reader referered to. I could only think of one player that fitted that description perfectly. As for comparing AO 2009 with AO 2010 only a Murray fan could make any sort of comparison between those two events...

The ameteur proffesional mix that existed prior to the open era is confusing to say the least. Apart from many other things it makes it very difficult to look back and make judgements about who may have been the best player (whatever that means) and even where the best players played.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by 10IS Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:33 pm

Tenez wrote:

Yeah I do venture out into the fantasy world of cable news for its morbid entertainment value rather than factual analysis, much like, may I add, I read your posts for amusement! Wink

10IS

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi everyone Smile I am new to 606v2
This a new tennis game that I thought would work really well on 606v2 and we could find out who really knows the most. It very simple to play and lots of fun!
Everything is explained in my article: https://www.606v2.com/t20466-tennis-game-who-really-knows-the-most-i-am-new-to-606v2
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:13 pm

amritia3ee wrote:Hi everyone Smile I am new to 606v2
No hacking and multiple IDs allowed. warning

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:17 pm

laverfan wrote:

Tell all !

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:32 pm

laverfan wrote:
Oh dammit! I'll have to delete my Tenez account then Sad I knew creating an account as clueless deluded fool was a bad idea...
Laugh
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:40 pm

hawkeye wrote:
Ya see I covered tennis for The Courier-Mail and international
news agencies around the world for about 25 years in the '60s, '70s and
early '80s before I moved on to column writing.
There were a couple of frowning, swearing, racquet-throwing dills around
in those days but they were in the minority and never made it to the
top.

Bearing in mind that this article was written at the end of January 2011. Who do you think the "frowning, swearing, racquet-throwing dills" (actually whats a "dill") were that he and the newspaper reader referered to. I could only think of one player that fitted that description perfectly.

Fernando Gonzalez - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWdYQmEsPe0
Novak Djokovic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj91nJOmj-Q
Robin Soderling - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWup3bBy_nI
David Ferrer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69ioyyPPtGE
Roger Federer - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-e-Ud-ly04
Andy Roddick - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_pEOmEuToo
Rafael Nadal - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyLXxDeM8tA
Ernests Gulbis - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnmJ5WP-QU8 (Listen to the interview)

Here is a whole collection - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwL-slhki6g

BTW, a 'dill' is Yankee name for a cucumber, apart from other meanings. Wink

hawkeye wrote:As for comparing AO 2009 with AO 2010 only a Murray fan could make any sort of comparison between those two events...
Should I look at USO 2008 then? Laugh

hawkeye wrote:The ameteur proffesional mix that existed prior to the open era is confusing to say the least. Apart from many other things it makes it very difficult to look back and make judgements about who may have been the best player (whatever that means) and even where the best players played.

See Lydian's comment regarding Laver.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:47 pm

LF,

how do you know if somebody had a double ID?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:55 pm

noleisthebest wrote:LF,

Only when someone says they have more than one ID. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:58 pm

laverfan wrote:

Do you mean this armitra33 is really Tenez?

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:02 pm

noleisthebest wrote:
laverfan wrote:

Do you mean this armitra33 is really Tenez?

amritia3ee wrote:Oh dammit! I'll have to delete my Tenez account then I knew creating an account as clueless deluded fool was a bad idea..

Perhaps the poster can confirm or deny? Wink. Also see the 'Suicide Game' thread.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:08 pm

I give up!

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:26 pm

noleisthebest wrote:I give up!
AFAIK, they are different posters. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:30 pm

LOL Laugh I was talking the p*ss. I'm not Tenez. I still think he is a deluded clueless fool who needs to be educated by the likes of Unbiased Educator/Simple Analyst. But thats my opinion I suppose. Laugh
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:33 pm

amritia3ee wrote:LOL Laugh I was talking the p*ss. I'm not Tevez. I still think he is a deluded clueless fool who needs to be educated bu the likes of Unbiased Educator/Simple Analyst. But thats my opinion I suppose. Laugh

Simple_Analyst, All hail the Tennis Tutor of 606v2. notworthy

For example, the latest pearl of Wisdom... https://www.606v2.com/t20365-most-impressive-3-slams-in-a-calender-year

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:35 pm

laverfan

Ha ha! Great selection of racket smashing. I know I shouldn't but I love Noles racket smash after that point against Nadal. It really should get some sort of award.

But the protest was against "frowning, swearing and racket throwing". Murray may not be able to smash a racket like Djokovic but he is world famous at frowning and swearing. Sometimes he can work himself into a frenzy as he takes things out on everyone and everything. I know as a fan you may be imune to this behaviour and I have to admit that at times it can be sort of fascinating (in a guilty "should I be watching this sort of way"). However I can understand why it is offputting. He hardly makes tennis look like fun.

On court, the evidence was clear. He did not like the tension in his
racket or in his soul. He was leaden, sullen, beaten. He blinked, tugged
at his leg, shouted at his mother, swore at the seagulls and whatever
conversation he was having with himself would have been a very black
dialogue indeed.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/jan/30/andy-murray-australian-open-final

I didn't understand your comment about USO 2008. What has that to do with the great sportsmanship displayed by both Nadal and Federer in the 2009 AO final?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:36 pm

laverfan wrote:

For example, the latest pearl of Wisdom... https://www.606v2.com/t20365-most-impressive-3-slams-in-a-calender-year
There wasn't anything wrong with that article. Headscratch
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:36 pm

I just want to pop on and confirm that if anyone does make 2nd accounts, they will be banned.
If anyone has, now is the time to pm me and come clean before we look further into it.

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:38 pm

Y I Man wrote:I just want to pop on and confirm that if anyone does make 2nd accounts, they will be banned.
If anyone has, now is the time to pm me and come clean before we look further into it.
I'm actually Tenez's mum.
Edit: Just wanted to clear up this isn't actually true.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:43 pm

Anyway, on a more serious note, I must admit this article cracked me up.
Great stuff clap
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:43 pm

hawkeye wrote:I know as a fan you may be imune to this behaviour

A lot has been said about Murray and his on-court persona. This specific topic probably belongs in another discussion, so let us go back to our 'importance of AO' which is getting side-tracked here. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:47 pm

amritia3ee wrote:
laverfan wrote:

There wasn't anything wrong with that article. Headscratch

Did I say there was something wrong with that article? Headscratch Promoting a 'true' Tennis Educator is the duty of all posters on Tennis forums, including 606v2. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:57 pm

laverfan wrote: Wink
Did you get my inbox Smile about the ******* saga
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tenez Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Y I Man wrote:I just want to pop on and confirm that if anyone does make 2nd accounts, they will be banned.

For some one account is one too many!

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:15 pm

amritia3ee wrote:
Hope you make sensible use of 606v2 resources. thumbsup

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:15 pm

Tenez wrote:For some one account is one too many!
How very true.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:17 pm

laverfan wrote:
amritia3ee wrote:
Hope you make sensible use of 606v2 resources. thumbsup
I am not Tenez's mum, promise angel
Laugh
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by amritia3ee Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Tenez wrote:
For some (Tenez) one account is one too many!
I'll have to agree with you on that one.
amritia3ee
amritia3ee

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:19 pm

Surely Tenez would never have more than one member account on a forum, that would be simply scandalous.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2