The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Australia v India: 2nd Test, Sydney

+24
slaterslc
kiakahaaotearoa
aucklandlaurie
guildfordbat
skyeman
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
activereactive
Stella
Galted
LondonTiger
Full Credit
Stellar Key
Mad for Chelsea
Fists of Fury
TRUSSMAN66
Duty281
Corporalhumblebucket
GG
Mike Selig
Demon Racer
Shelsey93
v2
msp83
Pal Joey
28 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Australia v India: 2nd Test, Sydney - Page 5 Empty Australia v India: 2nd Test, Sydney

Post by Pal Joey Mon 02 Jan 2012, 6:11 am

First topic message reminder :

Tuesday, January 3, 2011
Start time: 1030 AEDT; 0500 IST; 2330 GMT

Australia:
1 David Warner, 2 Ed Cowan, 3 Shaun Marsh, 4 Ricky Ponting, 5 Michael Clarke (C), 6 Michael Hussey,
7 Brad Haddin (wk), 8 Peter Siddle, 9 James Pattinson, 10 Nathan Lyon, 11 Ben Hilfenhaus.

India:
1 Virender Sehwag, 2 Gautam Gambhir, 3 Rahul Dravid, 4 Sachin Tendulkar, 5 VVS Laxman, 6 Virat Kohli,
7 MS Dhoni (C, wk), 8 R Ashwin, 9 Zaheer Khan, 10 Ishant Sharma, 11 Umesh Yadav.

Read a pre-match Review here courtesy of ESPN Cricinfo: India's Batsmen Hope For SCG Magic

Last edited by Linebreaker on Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Australia v India: 2nd Test, Sydney - Page 5 Empty Re: Australia v India: 2nd Test, Sydney

Post by Pal Joey Fri 06 Jan 2012, 7:52 am

Well they stuck at it despite an ordinary start this morning on a wicket that had everything in favour of the batsman.

Some very loose bowling early but plenty of runs for the Aussies to play with. Some classic shots from Sachin - he looks even more elegant from the stands.

However after the loss of Gambhir, then Tendulkar (got a good photo of him walking off the SCG for most probably the last time) it was really only some rearguard action from VVS Laxman and a couple of cameos from Zaheer and Ashwin before it was all over. Dhoni & Kholi had nothing much to offer.

I'm just happy that they got those last 8 wickets today and it didn't drag on too much longer. Credit to the Australian bowlers for that.
It would not have been an easy task with batting looking so easy. A bit of luck here and there... but that is cricket.

Great atmosphere in the Members... all smiles and plenty of happy people. I had a great view of proceedings out in the centre and the players coming on and going off the ground. The marquee set up at lunch was good fun and watching hordes of kids belting balls around on the tennis courts was a real eye opener (so many lefties!), and the bowl-off at tea time added to an eventful day. Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Australia v India: 2nd Test, Sydney - Page 5 Empty Re: Australia v India: 2nd Test, Sydney

Post by Stella Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:16 am

Sounds like a great day, Linebreaker.

btw

How come the last match isn't being played at Sydney? Isn't that the norm rather like us and the Oval?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:20 am

A bit jealous of you there line, would have loved to have been there.

In a way i am glad that Sachin didnt get that ton because it would have taken the shine off a fantastic Australian victory.

On a side note, how are the Aussie media treating Ponting now? He has been pretty good in the two tests so far.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:48 am

Sachins run is getting pretty extreme now though. Its 18 test innings without a century despite 6 halfs. KP would be getting murdered for that.
Considering he had 6 in the 20 before that ( 2 of them doubles) and its his longest run without one in his entire career you have to wonder if the record is affecting him now.

Clarke and Ponting youd think you both have a free pass for now. Aus really need to be looking at their top 3 options though, they clearly have an issue with openers. It does put all the criticism of Watson into perspective too.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:54 am

Watson will be back for Perth, I presume, not that he's that great as an opener?
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 06 Jan 2012, 8:55 am

Shaun Marsh has to be a very real concern for the Aussies. To be honest i have never really rated him, way too hit and miss for an Aussie batsman.

Sachin may not be scoring the tons but he is still averaging quite well in a very failing Indian batting line up.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:27 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:Sachins run is getting pretty extreme now though. Its 18 test innings without a century despite 6 halfs. KP would be getting murdered for that.
Considering he had 6 in the 20 before that ( 2 of them doubles) and its his longest run without one in his entire career you have to wonder if the record is affecting him now.

Clarke and Ponting youd think you both have a free pass for now. Aus really need to be looking at their top 3 options though, they clearly have an issue with openers. It does put all the criticism of Watson into perspective too.

to be fair to sachin, he cant really get criticsed, because he is still scoring runs..they might not be tons, but he is still scoring runs, unlike half of the indian batting line up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:33 am

Stella wrote:Watson will be back for Perth, I presume, not that he's that great as an opener?

How many test openers have had better records than him in the last year or so? Not many
By todays standards, hes good. Despite all the " hes not a proper opener" " he doesnt score big hundreds" guff his average was very healthy and he almost always gave the Aussies a start and saw off the new ball...which is the primary job of an opener.
Given Australias entire top 3 couldnt by a run on a flat pitch against abysmal bowling ( and this is after they dropped Hughes for being hopeless, Katich for being rubbish and old and kwjlkjhkgiuiuhha for having a ridiculous name) I dont see him exactly struggling to get his spot back at the top of the order.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:35 am

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
Stella wrote:Watson will be back for Perth, I presume, not that he's that great as an opener?

How many test openers have had better records than him in the last year or so? Not many
By todays standards, hes good. Despite all the " hes not a proper opener" " he doesnt score big hundreds" guff his average was very healthy and he almost always gave the Aussies a start and saw off the new ball...which is the primary job of an opener.
Given Australias entire top 3 couldnt by a run on a flat pitch against abysmal bowling ( and this is after they dropped Hughes for being hopeless, Katich for being rubbish and old and kwjlkjhkgiuiuhha for having a ridiculous name) I dont see him exactly struggling to get his spot back at the top of the order.

He's only hit about two tons as an opener. Like I say, not that great but better than what they have.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:47 am

Yes it was a great day Stella.

The order varies depending on the number of Tests. With 5 Tests; Sydney is usually the 4th or 5th (in recent times) however the order was planned in view of the NZ series (2) and this series being only 4 Tests. (Brisbane misses out on a Test but gets ODIs. etc)

Ha, yeah Billy...

The 'Sachin 100' (for me anyway) has been very overdone. It's not a real 100th 100; his 78 FC tons are more of a huge achievement (in my mind) but for me he was always after his 52nd Test 100 in this one. An amazing record which will remain for a very long time.

Ponting is the media's favourite again along with the new Captain Clarke. Hussey has also rekindled a lot of faith... with the fans and media alike. True fans have always backed (and of course... hoped) Punter and Hussey would come good at some stage.

Here are some pics. I hope you can see them. Apologies - some are a bit dodgy (taken from phone & lighting was a bit poor) Anyway, they should sort of capture the feel of the day.

SCG Day 4

- one there of Sachin walking off to a heart-felt applause. The last time? Sad Aussies do have the ultimate respect for him. Also Dravid and VVS as well. clap

- also saw a street sign when we went to the Paddo Pub for lunch. I thought all the Irish regs in the Dew Drop Inn might like it. See the last photo Billy Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:52 am

Stella wrote:

He's only hit about two tons as an opener.

And like I said despite that hes consistently done the actual job of an opener better than anyone else Aus have tried in recent times.
Hughes has hit 3 centuries, you wouldnt say hes been better than Watson though would you?
Hes averaged 43 as an opener, better than Andrew Strauss and any of the current Aussie options. Better than his record down the order and 10 better than the global 2011 openers average of 33 ( gotta love statsguru! )
Hes out performed everyone hes been paired with, so I think he gets a free pass as great by current Aussie standards.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:53 am

Pattinson has just been ruled out for Perth - and the rest of the series after scans revealed the early signs of stress fractures in the metatarsal bone of his left foot.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/australia-v-india-2011/content/story/548293.html

So it's back to Mitchell Starc again. I can't believe all of the injuries!

Not sure Watson will be back either. Marsh will definitely play in Perth - his home track.

We'll just have to make do with what we've got.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:56 am

Bad news for Pattison, at leats they have the medical facilities to get this spotted and sorted before its more serious.

Does seem its one step forward one back for Aus at the moment. Boo Hoo :p Yahoo

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:58 am

Stella wrote:

He's only hit about two tons as an opener.

And like I said despite that hes consistently done the actual job of an opener better than anyone else Aus have tried in recent times.
Hughes has hit 3 centuries, you wouldnt say hes been better than Watson though would you?
Hes averaged 43 as an opener, better than Andrew Strauss and any of the current Aussie options. Better than his record down the order and 10 better than the global 2011 openers average of 33 ( gotta love statsguru! )
Hes out performed everyone hes been paired with, so I think he gets a free pass as great by current Aussie standards.

IMO, Watson is not an ideal opener, despite his good record. A decent player should score more tons after getting the amount of fifties that he has. I know what an opener's job is but the top players do go on and score big.
The best of an decent bunch but like I said, not GREAT.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:08 am

Cheers line, Gibbo will love that last photo. Leinster street, one way LOL
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:15 am

I'll post it in the pub for him especially. Very Happy

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 06 Jan 2012, 10:43 am

Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:01 am

Pattinson has been ruled out of the 3rd test with a foot injur, starc has been brougt back in to the squad.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:01 am

correction he is out of the series now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:02 am

Fair enough STell, Good but not a great opener. I just get really wound up by the suggestion that not getting centuries makes him a bad player and thatthst the primary role of an opener, it isnt. Thet are there to set a platform and see off the new ball, Watson does that as well as pretty much anyone around today.
Hes certainly better than most current world openers.

Cricketfan, that wa skind of my point about Sachin. Hes had lots of starts and even in favourable conditions not gone on to make those centuries ( like Watson!). You cant say hes suddenly a bad player, but he does seme to be getting the yips all of a sudden. Is it just coincidenc ethat this has occurred when hes on the verge of a huge career milestone ( now becomeing a millstone) ? Hes never had a run like this before in his test career.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:04 am

im glad kohli got given a go in the test side, however he failed in 3 tests against the windies, and in 2 tests here, how long until Rohit sharma gets a go?

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:08 am

Never said he was a bad player but the best openers (Cook, Sehwag, Gambhir etc) will do more than just hit 56.

The Aussies really need a Langer type player who will dig in and bat all day. get one of them to bat with Watson and they will reap the rewards.

Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:18 am

Sorry I wasn't up too late last night, went to bed after the first hour or so (work to do this AM after all), but can I just slip into some self-praise and point out what I wrote before play yesterday:

"Clarke could come into play from around the wicket looking to straighten the ball, as he bowls a bit quicker and may get some bite off the wicket"

Very Happy

Anyway, huge loss for Australia with Pattinson, who until this innings (where he may have already been struggling with the injury?) was Australia's best bowler constantly. Hopefully it's just a freak injury and not a sign of things to come. Harris to come back in surely?

If Watson is fit again, Australia have a real decision to make at the top of the order. Marsh is still quality I feel, but needs a score to reassert his credentials, whilst Warner has been a bit hit and miss (but he will always be I feel; what you do have to take into account with Warner a bit is his fielding which is outstanding).

India have problems: their batsmen (apart from Sachinto an extent) simply aren't firing. Sharma must surely now come in, for either Kohli (short term) or Laxman (if you're looking at more long term - I know he scored 60 in this innings, but on the flattest pitch, against an old ball and mainly spin; should India find themselves 50odd for 3 again in Perth do you see him contributing?).

Their bowling looked flat on a flat pitch, as I have expanded on previously one of their problems is they're not fit enough in the field for such grueling sessions: this was evident both in England and now here. Zaheer is a class act, but can't do it all on his own. Yadav is fine at what he does, which is short sharp wicket-taking spells which will go for runs, but you then need the other two bowlers to be able to play a containing role. At the moment neither Sharma nor Ashwin look capable of doing so. They are surely missing Kumar, but they have a genuine decision to make with Ashwin and/or Sharma. Surely you can't play two spinners at Perth, so somehow Ashwin looks the most in danger as Ohja is a good containing spinner, but then Ashwin has batted well.

India should also be wary of not making sweeping changes. They have been there or therabouts for long periods of this series. Even in this test they had Australia 37/3 and Clarke played and missed a couple of times. Fine margins.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:24 am

It will be interesting to see if the Indian selectors make any changes for Perth.

They seem so reluctant to make another change in the batting again - would be devestating for Kohli if they dropped him. The pressure is so much greater for the Board and the players compared to Australia - and we think we have it tough.

I mean, we have fiddled around with quite a few players since the big retirements but Aussie fans have only a fraction of the voice of Indian fans (and England fans too) but we also had the selectors issue which was a burden. There is so much more to the Indian cricket team - players and politics... it's hard to know where to start. We found it very hard to accept change, I can only imagine how difficult it would be for India to accept it. Agree though... Rohit Sharma could well be called upon now. It's a risk India may be forced to take but it could pay off. It would be hard on Kohli though.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 11:56 am

watson coming back into the side, can only strengthn them...it means hussey wont have to bowl :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 06 Jan 2012, 12:06 pm

I don't think he will be back for Perth. He was just about written off for the summer on Dec 29th. They won't risk him so soon after that announcement.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:23 pm

I wonder if they will give Vinay Kumar a go.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:24 pm

or varun aaron.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:45 pm

or geoff boycotts granny....

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:46 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:or geoff boycotts granny....

She scored runs quicker Smile

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 1:54 pm

im very suprised at how bad india have been so far in this series, however full credit to aussies, they have played out of their skins.

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:22 pm

Agreed, they can have no complaints about their best players being missing this time.
Just a case of some of the top guns not performing and some good Aussie bowling.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri 06 Jan 2012, 2:44 pm

Can't see India picking Aaron, what they need right now is Sharma to find some consistency or be replaced by someone who can hold an end up, allowing Zaheer (at his best when bowling short spells) and in particular Yadav to attack. Were the next test in Adelaide I would have played 2 spinners, but can't see that happening.

If however India don't pick Rohit Sharma for the next test (and personally I would drop Laxman) they are batty.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 4:01 pm

Well, There was a bit of an atempt to fight. A few middeling scores there from Tendulkar, Gambhir and Laxman. Fine bit of lower order resistance from Ravichandran Ashwin, and some good old effective slogs from Zaheer Khan........
But at the end of the day, they lost by an innings after scoring 400 in the 2nd innings. Puts into context how poorly they batted in the first innings, and how inneffective the bowling was.
Anywas after that terrible first day this was always on the cards, at least by the end of it all they have managed to put a 400 innings overseas after more than a year.
Now for the next match,
I don't think there should be any change in the bowling lineup. Ishant Sharma bowled well without luck at the MCG, and wasn't up to mark at the SCG, but Vinay Kumar or Abhimanyu Mithun for me, aren't quite up there as test bowlers, particularly the former. PK and Aaron are injured and are not part of the squad.
Ashwin boled ok at MCG, and bowled a pretty good spel yesterday, although he had absolutely nothing to show for all that. Ashwin has to be more consistent with his line and length, and Dhoni has to attack more with him. If easy singles are on offer, he obviously can't contain. And of course he has been the most consistent contributer with the batter after Tendulkar!.
Now in the batting, good to see Gambhir getting among the runs. He is a confidence player, and may be this knock would have given him some of that. Dravid has to stay positive and look to score more and take the attack to the bowlers.
Dhoni should continue to play a more attacking positive game, as his technique is not quite sound when going on the defense.
The interesting question is that of Kohli or Laxman. I'd go for Laxman to be retained, not just because he scored a few here but because he like the bounce and pace in the track. Its the movement that gets him into trouble more often that not. Kohli struggled to deal with Fidel's short balls in the West Indies, and hasn't taken his chances in any of the 5 overseas tests he played. Think its time Rohit Sharma is given his chance.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 4:05 pm

Unfortunate for James Pattinson and Australia. He looked a fine bowler already and has the makings of a lot more. Hopes this injury won't create any lasting troubles for the young man.
Anyways, a bit of respite for the Indians, but Ryan Harris, whenever he played, looked a class act, so they can't obviously relax.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri 06 Jan 2012, 4:10 pm

There were some more mutterings of Australia playing 4 seamers at Perth (remember last time? Yeah, that worked!). Thankfully (really looking hard for a silver lining here!) Pattinson's injury should put to bed that idea. Lyon's done pretty well given what he's been up against, his spell yesterday afternoon was good, allowing the seamers a bit of much needed rest, and he could have picked up a wicket or two.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Fri 06 Jan 2012, 4:17 pm

didn't Australia completely hammer England last time with four seamers at Perth? Headscratch

shame about Pattinson though. Is Harris fit again?

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 4:49 pm

i dont think starc will play the next game, Harris will probably slot back into the side..

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Fri 06 Jan 2012, 5:10 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:didn't Australia completely hammer England last time with four seamers at Perth? Headscratch

shame about Pattinson though. Is Harris fit again?

Did Hilfenhaus even bowl then? Oh yeah he got Pietersen in the second innings with a flirt outside off.

what happened at the MCG when Aus didn't pick a spinner? Steve Smith spent most of days 1 and 2 looking like their most likely wicket-taker? And of course 4 seamers worked brilliantly at the oval in 2009...

There may be some times when 4 seamers are preferable. This isn't one of them.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 06 Jan 2012, 5:21 pm

Last time when India won there at Perth, Virender Sehwag played a crucial part with the ball, turning some really big and taking crucial wickets.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jan 2012, 5:28 pm

lyon will play i think the aussies learnt their lesson after the oval disaster game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:31 pm

I reckon it's Rhino and Starc for Perth. Didn't Harris get 9 wickets against England there?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Sat 07 Jan 2012, 12:08 am

I can not believe that there are Indian fans calling for Dhoni's head. Not so long ago he had god-like status in India with them winning the World Cup and being the #1 Test team.

Surely they must realise that it was always going to be difficult to win in England and Australia (maybe it is the manner of the defeats) and that after this series all their Test series are at home for the next two years. So probably they will go on a long unbeaten streak again.

How fickle can they be?

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Jan 2012, 12:43 am

I was reading some of the comment on the cricinfo articles - so much vitriol there!

Maybe one change for Perth - none of this "wholesale changes need to be made... get rid of half the team" sort of caper. They did look better in the 2nd innings (except for MSD and Kohli) but they need to make at least one hard decision I feel.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Sat 07 Jan 2012, 12:01 pm

Cricket is quite something in these parts of the warld, and many of the supporters at times behave rather obnoxiously.
Anyways, India can't afford to have radical changes at this stage. Of course the batting lineup is underperforming, but then the alternatives aren't quite there yet.
There are promissing youngsters like Cheteshwar Pujara and Manish Pandey, but throwing them in in such a tough series may not be ideal.
The seniors have to be faced out, and the youngsters should be able to flourish alongside them. Kohli had his chance which he didn't take, now I think Rohit should be given the go.
Otherwise, Rahane can be placed at 3 and Dravid moved down to 5 and VVS down to 6.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Sat 07 Jan 2012, 12:23 pm

No point in massive changes surely - these are the best players , by and large.

I would have dropped Gambhir before Sydney , but I will concede his second innings has saved him. So the only change is Rohit for Kohli , who just doesn't look up to it at present (though they'll miss his fielding).

Can't see a bowling change - Perth is not a place to bring in a second spinner even if they had a mind to do so. Do agree with msp that Dhoni has to have Ashwin bowl with more emphasis on cutting off the singles, force the batsmen to hit over the top or be patient - if he can't do it then he isn't much use in away Tests, despite his handy batting.

Last edited by alfie on Sat 07 Jan 2012, 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling error ...)

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 07 Jan 2012, 11:42 pm

Apparently Watson will have to prove his fitness.... by playing a BBL match.

Oh well, it worked for Dave Warner before the NZ series. Headscratch Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:57 am

skyeman wrote:I can not believe that there are Indian fans calling for Dhoni's head. Not so long ago he had god-like status in India with them winning the World Cup and being the #1 Test team.

Surely they must realise that it was always going to be difficult to win in England and Australia (maybe it is the manner of the defeats) and that after this series all their Test series are at home for the next two years. So probably they will go on a long unbeaten streak again.

How fickle can they be?

They kicked his house down and burnt efigies of him in the street after the world cup before that.

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Sun 08 Jan 2012, 1:30 am

skyeman wrote:I can not believe that there are Indian fans calling for Dhoni's head. Not so long ago he had god-like status in India with them winning the World Cup and being the #1 Test team.

How fickle can they be?

They kicked his house down and burnt efigies of him in the street after the world cup before that.

Bloody hell, I bet Nasser Hussain was glad he played for England Laugh

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5