The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Step Up or Step Off, Bute...

+13
Rowley
TopHat24/7
coxy0001
Super D Boon
ShahenshahG
bellchees
Jimmy Moz
AlexHuckerby
TRUSSMAN66
azania
Lance
88Chris05
davidemore
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Step Up or Step Off, Bute... - Page 4 Empty Step Up or Step Off, Bute...

Post by davidemore Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:34 am

First topic message reminder :

So, bit of a harsh one on the golden boy of Canada here, but hopefully justified.

Lucian Bute: quick, powerful, great left, great uppercut, slightly pawing jab, nice balance, nice body work, a real talent.

This is why i find him frustrating. I mean look at his record, not one, one, world level fighter on there. This man is in his 30s, this man has spent so much time at home he may well be on house arrest, this man is banking more than Ward and Froch with his TV deals and home crowds. So i ask you, is this right?

He gives great performances you say... well of course he does, he's fighting cans, hags and aging bums. Mendy? Johnson? Magee? Brinkley? (who). I mean where are these fighters ranked? who have they scalped along the way? Johnson is a name, but nothing more, absolutely nothing more these days. And Bute spent hours sparring with him so that's a cherry pick, surely.

There are two schools of thought with Bute, but only one pending question. Will he step up this year and fight away from home against a world level opponent, or will he step off and continue to fight cans at home but without all the accolade from the critics?

If he signs to fight Froch at home on a two fight deal then i will be annoyed, as this for me, is the fence. Fight him in America i say. No more Drone type contracts where the ego needs to be rubbed before a fight can be made.

Step up or step off, Lucien.

D-Man

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Step Up or Step Off, Bute... - Page 4 Empty Re: Step Up or Step Off, Bute...

Post by Rowley Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Steffan wrote:
rowley wrote:THE Tommy Karpency!!! Steffan better clear out the spare room, Cardiff here I come.

You would never be welcome in my house not now not ever

Wish you would have mentioned that yesterday, will never be able to get a refund on the train ticket now.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:12 pm

rowley wrote:
Steffan wrote:
rowley wrote:THE Tommy Karpency!!! Steffan better clear out the spare room, Cardiff here I come.

You would never be welcome in my house not now not ever

Wish you would have mentioned that yesterday, will never be able to get a refund on the train ticket now.

Im sure a man of your so-called high intellect is more than capable of finding a cheap hotel

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:15 pm

I'm sure I am Steffan but I was hoping we could bond, there have been occasions I feel we have got off on the wrong foot, what better way to let bygones be bygones for two boxing fans than watching Tommy Karpency in action. Oh well, I tried.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:17 pm

What about Jean Pascal? He hasn't got a fight lined up and he was happy to come to these shores to fight Froch.

Haven't heard his name being mentioned much by Nathan or Frank, maybe they are afraid he would actually accept the fight.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:44 pm

Haha, accept the fight, funny Reborn.

The thing with Pascal is he is now a name at home, and earning good money at home. But yes, you are right to throw him in there, be a great match up, and the one thing i would give Clev hope on is the fact the Pascal gases a little towards the end of a fight. But, he would have to make the end of the fight, and i think Jean could blast him out before then to be honest.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:24 pm

rowley wrote:I'm sure I am Steffan but I was hoping we could bond, there have been occasions I feel we have got off on the wrong foot, what better way to let bygones be bygones for two boxing fans than watching Tommy Karpency in action. Oh well, I tried.

Im sure your a good bloke in real life...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4