The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Return "Promo" **Contains Spoilers**

+19
Marky
AberdeenSteve
theanimal316
The Best in the World
NickisBHAFC
theundisputedY2D2
hodge
Bull
Phoenix
Samo
Gregers
MtotheC
JamesLincs
BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM
Kay Fabe
Beer
TwisT
HitmanOwl
djcc2004
23 posters

Go down

Return "Promo" **Contains Spoilers** Empty Return "Promo" **Contains Spoilers**

Post by djcc2004 Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:28 am

As everyone expected Y2J made his return last night and it was a strange one...

As with high profile returns he got a face reaction from the crowd, but what was interesting was that he did not speak, just jumped around like an excited little boy which to me, the more it went on it seemed like he was mocking everyone.

I feel he will turn heel as the promos for his return were just to dark for a happy smiley babyface to come back, and this will work better for him working with punk (top face) in the build to mania match.

Thoughts?............ Whistle

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

Return "Promo" **Contains Spoilers** Empty Re: Return "Promo" **Contains Spoilers**

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:52 am

Turn heel?

Thought he left as a heel and the vignettes was heelish.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Return "Promo" **Contains Spoilers** Empty Re: Return "Promo" **Contains Spoilers**

Post by djcc2004 Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:57 am

Yes, i agree he left heel,

but he came out with a big grin on his face, hi-5in the crowd, is this somthing a heel would do?

djcc2004

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:19 am

I instantly thought he taking the mick Tbh especially as it developed.

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:39 am

Maybe it will be something he will explain next week. Maybe he was mocking Cena.....or Punk?

Sounds a complete let down. How long was he bopping about for? Was he given enough time that he could have done a promo if he wanted?

Sounds like he just came out, danced a bit and then left????

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:41 am

Jericho's returns are always a major letdown, and this was no different, however i thought the way it played out was very clever.

Face it, 90% of people KNEW it would be Jericho. They also knew he would be involved with Punk so everyone expected some interference during his match, the fact it never happened got everyone second guessing themselves. Not only that, but viewing figures for the final hour have been dropping recently so this was the perfect way to keep people watching.

He was always going to get an initial face reaction. But without the match interference it would be difficult to garner instant heat, and having him run down everyone, without an opponent, straight off the bat would be lazy. The drawn out process of him 'mocking' the adulation was perfect. The report i read on the way to work described it as follows...

Jericho makes his way down the ramp to huge cheers, he slaps hands with fans at ringside. He's turning heel in 5 minutes....

And then...

Jericho has a mic in his hand, screaming at the crowd and working them up. He is definitely turning heel.

Those who think it's poorly booked are incredibly naive. You've fallen hook line and sinker. You're all talking about it. Jericho was trending worldwide last night without saying a world and you'll all be tuning in on Monday to see what he has to say.

Job done.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 03 Jan 2012, 9:59 am

HitmanOwl wrote:I instantly thought he taking the mick Tbh especially as it developed.

Well if that's what you thought then that's what I'm going for, aftertall, you stuck your neck out and called this shocking return

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM Tue 03 Jan 2012, 10:18 am

He was definitely mocking the crowd IMO, there's no way a real top level face in 2012 would genuinely have such an OTT grin.

BloscarPit09-ASK_HIM

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 03 Jan 2012, 11:41 am

agree with king beer completely. for those of who stayed up til gone 3am, we were obviously confused at the time but i think most of us realised why it went on like that. very clever indeed, but the crowd that were there certainly wouldnt think so. jerichos grin as he left was spoke more than words. job done for this wee.

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Tue 03 Jan 2012, 12:17 pm

when a big star returns he will inevitably receive a face reaction therefore if the plan is to have a heel jericho then mabye this is a master stroke by the wwe, maybe?!

A logical and expected way to book the return after the 'dark' vignettes would have been to have y2j come out as a heel to explain how the world as we know is over and how he is going to reclaim what is his and end the reign of the face champion, what transpired is some what out of left-field but could develop interestingly.

I must admit i am disappointed as i would have liked to have herd an explanation last night after the weeks of anticipation but like a sheep i will be tuning in next week to get the pay off i hope is waiting.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 03 Jan 2012, 12:35 pm

I guess the explanation, if there is going to be one, will be next week.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 03 Jan 2012, 1:30 pm

I thought his heel turn was brilliant.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 03 Jan 2012, 1:52 pm

I think its a masterstroke by the WWE, get the fans hopes up only to let them down. It might only get Jericho 'Xpac heat', but heat is heat.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Tue 03 Jan 2012, 2:35 pm

Can anyone tell me what Y2J messing about for 5 minutes in a fancy top with lights on, has to some white ball rolling around in a promo video that also features some school kids going on about the end of the world?

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 03 Jan 2012, 2:39 pm

Phoenix wrote:Can anyone tell me what Y2J messing about for 5 minutes in a fancy top with lights on, has to some white ball rolling around in a promo video that also features some school kids going on about the end of the world?

What did his last return; which had him interupt Randy Orton, spout some rubbish about strapping ourselves in, subscribing to blueball magazine and talking in a monotonous voice have to do with 'cracking a code'? Did he come back with a hacker gimmick? Had he unlocked the secrets of the pentagon?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Jan 2012, 2:42 pm

lol , fair point KB!

Overall Good raw and loved the way he returned when he went from Face to Heel in 10 minutes taking the mick out of the crowd ! cant wait till next week

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 03 Jan 2012, 2:46 pm

apparantly on twitter someone suggested he should have a shirt saying 'arrive, troll, leave'

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Jan 2012, 2:47 pm

Laugh i would buy that

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue 03 Jan 2012, 2:53 pm

i thought it was brilliant when i read it

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Phoenix Tue 03 Jan 2012, 2:55 pm

King Beer wrote:
Phoenix wrote:Can anyone tell me what Y2J messing about for 5 minutes in a fancy top with lights on, has to some white ball rolling around in a promo video that also features some school kids going on about the end of the world?

What did his last return; which had him interupt Randy Orton, spout some rubbish about strapping ourselves in, subscribing to blueball magazine and talking in a monotonous voice have to do with 'cracking a code'? Did he come back with a hacker gimmick? Had he unlocked the secrets of the pentagon?

I agree although they did kinda explain that promo by turning 222 in Y2J, going on about 'saving us from Orton' and also that weird blue waist coat with Matrix like paterns on, plus the code breaker as a finisher.

Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post by HitmanOwl Tue 03 Jan 2012, 3:00 pm

@ gaffer

What is your problem pal?

End of the day I'm stating my own thoughts just like everyone else

HitmanOwl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 03 Jan 2012, 3:19 pm

HitmanOwl wrote:@ gaffer

What is your problem pal?

End of the day I'm stating my own thoughts just like everyone else

Problem?

If I had one you wqulda predicted it thumbsup

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 03 Jan 2012, 3:30 pm

Phoenix wrote:
King Beer wrote:

I agree although they did kinda explain that promo by turning 222 in Y2J, going on about 'saving us from Orton' and also that weird blue waist coat with Matrix like paterns on, plus the code breaker as a finisher.

Yeah the whole return promo for Jericho in 2007 was about him coming back to save the WWE like he supposidely did in 1999, it was originally meant to be for John Cena but heput himself out doing a hip toss with Kennedy so he had to go up against Orton

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Tue 03 Jan 2012, 3:59 pm

When the lights went out and I saw that spangly jacket I thought for a second we were about to witness the return of country music singing sensation Double J Jeff Jarrett.

Aside from that I thought it was genius.

"COME ON BABY!" Laugh

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:05 pm

After the CM Punk match had finish i was acctually begining to write Jericho off and expecting him to return at the rumble or even after mania. So i marked out a very little when it acctually was him. I still loved seeing him return and i have a lot of time for his music. I was expecting him to do a promo about "saving us" or somthing on those lines. But next week i can see him saying he was just taking the urine out of the wwe universe and superstars such as Punk, Cena, Bryan, Shaemus etc. Is it possible for him to be on Smackdown ???

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Best in the World Tue 03 Jan 2012, 4:32 pm

loved jericho's return , even though it was obvious it was him , i still marked out , thought his playing up the crowd was genius Very Happy
The Best in the World
The Best in the World

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 03 Jan 2012, 5:19 pm

I don't buy the 'genius' of it to be honest, there is no-way after all those promos that the initia plan for him was to do that, no doubt a few re-writes this week will help make it all make sense next week but there is no chance for me that the original plan was played out last night, the re-emergence of a heel, particularly one with a supposed plan (re-claim what's rightfully his) should always use the surprise factor to their arsenal to strike the first blow, what's the point of giving everyone a heads up and allowing them to learn your back? It gives the heel no advantage, very strange

I think the WWE backed themselves into a corner by announcing what date Jericho would be back, they had to though to fit the Y2J clue into the promo, but obviously with the WWE Title match involving the guy who stole his best in the World crown (CM Punk) was the plan

Sometime in the last week they've decided to go with the Kane stunt and because it involved destroying the canvas, they obviously had to go on last which meant they couldn't do anything to big before hand which would possibly over shaddow Kane's spot

I've seen a lot of people praise the WWE and Jericho for the return but I really don't think it was worthwhile and they just winged it, I knew what he was doing, you could see that but I doubt anyone could convince me it was the plan

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:00 pm

WWE.com exclusive

Have you guys seen this? It had me in stitches, especially when he turns his jacket lights on. It shows just how dam good Jericho is at telling a story. This 100% confirmed to me that he was taking the mick out of the fans. Do you think he was mocking Cena, Punk or both? I think he was mocking Punk, he will come out next week and say that he really respected Punk in June/July time but now he has sold out by playing to the crowd etc.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:05 pm

Laugh thats great

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:12 pm

Jericho is an ass. That was so much of an FU to the fans it was unbelievable.

Never rated the guy but that was quite possible the worst return in WWE history. I hope now that Punk doesn't go into a program with him as Jericho is a step down.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:16 pm

? but it was perfect steve? he went in as a face and came out as heel it was perfect one of the best Heel/Face segments ever OK

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:21 pm

Perfect? What, after weeks of build up to this huge return and he ends up returning a mute who walks around the ring with a ridiculous smile on his face? He is one of the smuggest gits ever.

If the WWE wanted to make it a spectacular return they should have had him screw Punk and Jericho should be Special Referee at the Rumble with Ziggler as champion.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:25 pm

yeah i see what you mean but the reason they did not do that i think is because Raw has been losing ratings in the final hour so to make people stick around kept ratings up , same goes for why he said nothing so people watch next week

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:36 pm

Something nobody else picked up on, but has anyone questioned the relevance of 'She'?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:40 pm

is she not the WWE Universe?

or Punk?

or the title?

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:41 pm

No, he said he would call 'her' and reclaim what is his.....?

Steph?

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:43 pm

could be steph

guess are answer is next week

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:46 pm

Yes. They will reveal everything in one night.

Beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:56 pm

no lol not everything just why his back etc

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by JamesLincs Tue 03 Jan 2012, 8:58 pm

@steve

is it because you dislike jericho or do you need to watch it again? we all had to think about it. but its nothing to do with jerichos smugness, he was supposed to be like that. it was supposed to be the way it was, i think jericho did it perfectly

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 03 Jan 2012, 10:04 pm

Chris Jericho is a character Steve. Don't forget that...

Chris Irvine on the other hand, probably not as smug.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 03 Jan 2012, 10:15 pm

TheBrahmaBull wrote:? but it was perfect steve? he went in as a face and came out as heel it was perfect one of the best Heel/Face segments ever OK

One of the best? Really? No-one can say for sure if he is heel yet or not, that doesn't constitute one of the best turns

I thought it was an awful return for every reason I've already listed

I also think "she" is just his own motivation

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Redordead Wed 04 Jan 2012, 12:04 am

I don't know if anyone has already said this but I think the promo is a direct dig at punk and all his fans.

What made punk this year - the pipe bomb!

What did Jericho do. He did the exact opposite. He showed the universe would still cheer him if he said nothing at all. He doesn't need to do worked shoots to be the best in the world and the fans would still lap it up.

I think we might not see him again until rumble which he will win and face punk for the title at mania.

Redordead

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 04 Jan 2012, 12:15 am

That's a very plausible suggestion, not one I thought of to be honest but I think while it's great thinking you might be giving Jericho and/or the WWE far to much credit, it does make a lot of sense but I just can't comprehend that being the original plan for his return, what I will say is that it's definitely different

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Wed 04 Jan 2012, 12:24 am

When he came out I marked out;
when he did the first lap of the ring I was thinking 'this is cool, but how does it fit in with the build-up?';
when he dropped the mic and did the second lap I was thinking 'come on, time to get a move on, this is getting ridiculous';
when he did that trollface smile in the ring I thought 'finally, here comes the heel promo'
when he started to go up the ramp I was thinking 'the only thing that could save this now is if he just leaves';
and when he left I laughed, and then it started to sink in what he had just done and I honestly stood up and applauded.

I know what he was doing, I think it may be the best thing he's ever done and I'm still annoyed at him. clap

All hail the Ayatollah of Rock n Trolla!

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Redordead Wed 04 Jan 2012, 12:28 am

If you ask yourself why did he say nothing? Its seems very deliberate and too well executed for a veteran like him.

I have always thought Jericho is right up there with the best heels of all time. His psychology with the fans both on the mic and in the ring are exceptional as a heel.

He might not win the rumble as its ortons home town but it's the way I'd book it now after watching last night. Don't show up until rumble win it then declare war on punk. Having that belt means your best in the world according to wwe and it also keeps punk face with classic Jericho heel going into mania.

Last edited by Redordead on Wed 04 Jan 2012, 12:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Typing on phone)

Redordead

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Wed 04 Jan 2012, 12:16 pm

It was so awesome and the video on wwe.com sounds hilarious, I must go and watch that. I was getting worried when Punk's segment finished, as I was expecting him to turn up, that it was going to be someone else. I am incredibly happy with wrestling right now heart He looked fantastic, really great and was much better dressed than when I met him a couple of months ago!

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 04 Jan 2012, 1:25 pm

Jerico's Video's & Return did exactly what it was meant to do, get the fans talking.

I know I've been a bit late to the convo and looks like you guys have already picked the bones from it, I only managed to watch this morning, avoiding here at all costs!

I've skimmed through most of the comments...Was it the worst return ever? No Way, I can think of more but this was unique. Was it genius? Maybe, It was very clever on the writers behalf who have been getting stick. Maybe Jerico was poking fun at the current climate of the state of WWE, maybe it was a dig at Punk & Cena and maybe a number of other people. What ever happens he will have to explain himself which will be classic Y2J. If he is after Punk, then what happens to Ziggler, and what about Orton, surley they have unfinished buisness after Orton booted him to write him of TV the last time he was around

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down