The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The other return promo

+14
Bull
Statto00
Danny Balboa 316
Beer
Scorch The Dragon
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Gregers
Shot 21 LCFC
VoiceOfTheVoiceless
MtotheC
Sara
Kay Fabe
TwisT
JamesLincs
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The other return promo Empty The other return promo

Post by JamesLincs Tue 13 Dec 2011, 11:34 am

just watched the latest one 'control'

does anyone think its stephanie? seems a bit ott for her to return, but thats the first person who came to mind when i watched it

or are we all still thinking its jericho. its certainly a confusing one

JamesLincs

Back to top Go down

The other return promo Empty Re: The other return promo

Post by TwisT Tue 13 Dec 2011, 11:57 am

I have not seen it but I guess it features a small girl? So are you suggesting that the small boy in the first is Shane then?

Interesting theory.

Let us put this Jericho idea to bed. I think it will be him but, even though he has been known to play the internet, he is still harping on that it won't be him.

What is he doing right now? Touring with the band? Or has he finished that now?

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Tue 13 Dec 2011, 12:18 pm

I think we got a major hint last night with the "things will neveer be the same again" line

Also, I don't think they're alluding to a girl, I don't think the girls is supposed to be real, the boy is constant but the girl keeps teleporting around the room, I think 'she' is the WWE Title

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue 13 Dec 2011, 12:21 pm

The Fozzy tour finished in November. They have a new album out in June, so I would assume he is working towards that. That being said, I would LOVE him to come back Smile

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 13 Dec 2011, 12:21 pm

I don't know how they are going to piece this all together, unless he mentions it in his return promo what exactly all this means. So like Gaffer says, he calls the WWE title "her/she" or something.

It is nothing like the break the code promos - you broke the code, you realised who was coming back. The promos here are speculating towards something OTHER than simply a return of someone.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 13 Dec 2011, 12:22 pm

Sara wrote:The Fozzy tour finished in November. They have a new album out in June, so I would assume he is working towards that. That being said, I would LOVE him to come back Smile

If that is the case, Y2J could return now, have a big main event at Mania, lose and disappear, and then do all the promotion work for the next album.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sara Tue 13 Dec 2011, 12:26 pm

Very true, as long as they tour the UK again soon I don't mind

I think it would be nice to just wait and see who it is and stop the speculating. It might be more fun that way!!

Sara

http://www.twitter.com/SaraLouP

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Tue 13 Dec 2011, 12:30 pm

It's my understanding from reading online reports that the original idea was to have Jericho return under these promo videos, however as the details of his contract have not been finalised yet the wwe are keeping their options open and it's Believed that should y2j not sign then the undertaker will step in. That's why unlike the code breaker videos which was nailed on as y2j these videos are pretty broad and not as specific. as for all the different connotations and references in the videos I'm stumped as to what they all mean.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by VoiceOfTheVoiceless Tue 13 Dec 2011, 10:59 pm

Your all wrong, its so obviously MVP....what else would explain the basket ball Wink

VoiceOfTheVoiceless

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:19 am

Interesting you mention MVP, all the official WWE video's for these vignettes stop at 305 views even though they have thousands of comments, MVP's twitter handle has 305 in it I believe, however just for more comformation 305 is also the area code of Florida that a certain Chris Jeriucho resides

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:11 am

I hope its the Brooklyn Brawler.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:26 am

Taker and Michelle?

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 14 Dec 2011, 9:47 am

What's the point of it being Chris Jericho if he's only going to leave to be a rock star again in a few months?

Completely pointless and dis-respectful to the likes of Ziggler if he just walks into the title scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 14 Dec 2011, 11:04 am

ED I wouldn't class Y2J returning to the title picture as disrespectful to the likes of Ziggler, Jericho is the first undisputed champion, the most successful all time ic champion and one of the best talkers in the business, which ever way you look at it he is head and shoulders ahead of Ziggler in fact I would class zigglers involvement in the title picture ahead of Jericho as a disrespect! Pro wrestling is not the premier league where younger players need to be pushed ahead of older ones to get a nice blend of youth and experience, you need your biggest stars involved in the biggest angles in the biggest events to draw and make money. Of course we need younger stars pushed and developed to a place where they are ready to step up when needed but not the detriment of the product and from a company stance the profit.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorch The Dragon Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:05 pm

has anyone else noticed the little twitter logo in the bottom left hand corner of the screen go all fuzzy and like the test card like the whole screen used to go before Jericho's last return?

Another clue maybe?

Scorch The Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:09 pm

I think the point ED was making MtotheC is that Jericho would be out of the WWE a few months after Mania. It is not as if he is going to stick around for long. Therefore, people like Ziggler, who have had a great year, would miss out on a totally game changing match for their careers. And losing it to a man who wants to come in and out of the WWE when he pleases.

Even though I think Y2J v Punk will happen at WM, I think it is bad for the overall product.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorch The Dragon Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:11 pm

Can we not say the same about the Rock TwisT?

Scorch The Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:16 pm

To be fair though a Jericho return wouldn't do Ziggler any harm if at some point they were to meet. Jericho would Put Ziggler over if asked to, something which I doubt the current top stars (Cena or orton) would

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:29 pm

Ziggler needs his WM moment, like Cena, Miz, Punk, Edge all had. Then he can start rubbing shoulders with the Main Event.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny Balboa 316 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:31 pm

Definately believe after triple H's comments that these promo videos will be liked to the undertaker....

Perhaps the 'she' is a cryptic reference to the urn.

Danny Balboa 316

Back to top Go down

Post by Statto00 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 1:06 pm

Danny Balboa 316 wrote:Definately believe after triple H's comments that these promo videos will be liked to the undertaker....

Perhaps the 'she' is a cryptic reference to the urn.
Like Gregers, I took "she" to be Mrs Undertaker, who happened to be a schoolteacher....

Statto00

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:12 pm

gazzyD wrote:To be fair though a Jericho return wouldn't do Ziggler any harm if at some point they were to meet. Jericho would Put Ziggler over if asked to, something which I doubt the current top stars (Cena or orton) would

Is that based on orton putting over Barrett, Rhodes and Ziggler in recent weeks?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 14 Dec 2011, 2:28 pm

Scorch The Dragon wrote:Can we not say the same about the Rock TwisT?

No because the Rock v Cena match is a once in a lifetime oppotunity. It has got bums on seats for Mania and will draw huge amount of interest and $$$

Punk v Jericho could very well be just a main event on Smackdown in terms of importance.

The Rock will come and go, but Jericho will keep coming back everytime he gets bored with Fozzy.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:30 pm

Its already been said above that Fozzy have a new album out in the summer of 2012. So what - he's coming back for 3/4 months is he? Just don't bother.

He's not that good, that he deserves a 2 month build up for a 3 month appearance which includes a Wrestlemania World Title match. I'd much prefer to see Ziggler vs Punk. The two standout performers of the year, against each other at the biggest PPV of the year, for the biggest prize.

Dolph is ready.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:32 pm

He is that good ED, Jericho is one of the all time greats.

However Dolph is ready to be WWE Champion

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:44 pm

I know how good Chris Jericho is - I grew up watching him.

I would argue NOBODY is good enough to have this sort of lavish attention spent on them if they are not going to hang around.

WWE has it's best undercard in a decade, but if this is true it's just going to pi55 all over it with returnees. WWE's undercard has made it interesting once again - they should be rewarded with elevation. Not held back by some wannabe rock star, and some wannabe Hollywood star returning because the show is relevant again.

Punk vs Jericho
Cena vs Rock
Triple H vs Undertaker....

Give me a break. At least 3 of those men simply don't deserve it

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 14 Dec 2011, 4:56 pm

I'm just not convinced by Dolph Ziggler, I still don't think he has the gimmick, charisma, personality or mic skills to be a credible world champion, If he's given the world title in the near future he will go down te exact same route as jack swagger ( epic fail title run and slip back to mid card ) which will do dolph more harm than good. I don't see him inspiring people as a face and I don't see him attracting the heat without vicki as a heel.

Why does newer talent need to be the world champion right away? What's wrong with building a performer up over a period of time, finding an angle or gimmick that works and having some established feuds first? I know your going to say that Ziggler has done all that, but IMO he's only scratched the surface.

Ziggler vs punk at mania will never happen and shouldnt happen, Ziggler couldn't draw a bath for a mainia main event!

IMO Jericho is a bigger draw, more talented, better in ring performer, better talker, better character and just better in every aspect. He could walk into any feud or any ppv because he's that good, if he's around for 3 to 4 months then it's a bonus for the product and for the viewers.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:08 pm

Electric Demon wrote:I know how good Chris Jericho is - I grew up watching him.

I would argue NOBODY is good enough to have this sort of lavish attention spent on them if they are not going to hang around.

WWE has it's best undercard in a decade, but if this is true it's just going to pi55 all over it with returnees. WWE's undercard has made it interesting once again - they should be rewarded with elevation. Not held back by some wannabe rock star, and some wannabe Hollywood star returning because the show is relevant again.

Punk vs Jericho
Cena vs Rock

Come on ED mainia is not a development arena it's biggest and grandest stage of them all and should have the biggest names possible in the biggest matches regardless of how good some flavour of month is.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:57 pm

Flavour of the month? Are you serious 'bro?

Its not a developmental field I agree. Ziggler is already developed. As developed as Mr. Jericho was when he first won the Undisputed Title.

Its not a developmental field, its like the FA Cup final of wrestling. And Jericho would be given a bye to it at the expense of someone who's put in a shift in every other round so far. Sometimes going to penalties...

...I've lost the analogy. Don't make me bring out the debris one.

I'm just saying, from my point of view, I'd rather see Dolph Ziggler in a world Title match than Chris Jericho.

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:16 pm

I'm deadly serious...

fair enough ED thats your prerogative to wanna see ziggler and i respect that.

however WM is not like the FA cup final, pro wrestling is a completely different animal, its not about 'putting in a shift' its about bums on seats, PPV buys and creating a card that people will want to buy/see and like it or not HHH, Jericho, Punk, The Rock, Cena and the Undertaker tick all those aforementioned boxes, Ziggler does not.

Ziggler is one for the future, but lets see him actually do something first, before we slot him straight into the main event at WM! Until I see a breakout, smash the glass ceiling moment from dolph im not buying it, what promo has he cut that stood out? what feud has he had that stood out, what move has he preformed in the ring thats had people talking? The answer to all of those questions is nothing, not yet!

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 14 Dec 2011, 6:46 pm

Ziggler is one for the future, but lets see him actually do something first, before we slot him straight into the main event at WM!

Being in one of the main matches of Mania would propel him through the glass ceiling. It is about giving someone the ball and seeing if they can run with it. Time and again I have heard people on here say that an up and comer should take Taker's streak to elevate them. If it was really about bums on seats like you say, then look forward to HHH v Taker mark 2 and 3.

In my mind, a Ziggler v Punk match would be better than Y2J v Punk. I just think Y2J will phone the match in, take the pay cheque and then get out. Ziggler would be hungrier and will make sure he puts on the performance of his career.

For Ziggler, insert Rhodes. For Rhodes, insert Barrett. All 3 would perform a better match than Y2J.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:12 pm

Twist your right mate, it would mean so much more to ziggler to be in the main event at WM and we all know he can put on a great match and sell any move he's hit with. Dont take my comment about ziggler in the wrong way, i want new talent developed and pushed but imo WM is different, it's the pinnacle of a wrestlers career, the main event is the top of the mountain, its maybe the greatest achievement a wrestler can get and Dolph just doesn't deserve that Yet

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Wed 14 Dec 2011, 7:28 pm

MtotheC wrote:Twist your right mate, it would mean so much more to ziggler to be in the main event at WM and we all know he can put on a great match and sell any move he's hit with. Dont take my comment about ziggler in the wrong way, i want new talent developed and pushed but imo WM is different, it's the pinnacle of a wrestlers career, the main event is the top of the mountain, its maybe the greatest achievement a wrestler can get and Dolph just doesn't deserve that Yet

Fair enough, but neither does Jericho. It is bad booking in my opinion, especially if he does leave pretty much straight after.

It is a tough one though. To the casual fan, Y2J v Punk would be big. But it damages the product later on. It is another example of WWE short-sightedness. If it does happen, we got to hope Jericho is up for it and helps deliver a A* match. Otherwise it is another missed chance.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:43 pm

You miss my point MtotheC.

I don't actually WANT to see Ziggler in the main event. I said it would be a massive slap in the face for the likes of him if Jericho walked into it. No work. No effort. Just given it.

I said I would PREFER Ziggler. Really it should be Triple H, Miz or Del Rio - someone Punk has actually feuded with (making a massive assumption that he will even be champion)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 14 Dec 2011, 8:50 pm

i undrstand what Demon means but i would Prefer to have Punk v Jericho at Maina then Ziggler i see it being like this

Punk v Y2J( WWE Title )
Rock v Cena
Undertaker v HHH( Hope Not would Prefer Masked Kane )
Kane v Show ? ( if not in a match with Taker )
Orton v Bryan v Rhodes v Ziggler ( WWE title )
Sin Cara v Rey ( like that or a fatal four way with Masked Epico and Hunico or Tag team Rey and Cara v masked Epico and Hunico )

But dont get me wrong i am very keen on Ziggler and i think he deserves a World Championship

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:08 pm

Electric Demon wrote:I know how good Chris Jericho is - I grew up watching him.

Punk vs Jericho
Cena vs Rock

A few points here:

The rock is not a wannabe Hollywood star, he has been in movies that have grossed well over 1 billion dollars in total.

He returned in February with wee lacking star power, signed up before that - Raw may have had a good run since but there is no way you can suggest the show being relevant again as his reason for returning.

Y2j isn't some celebrity or wanna be wrestler, he is an all time legend with 15+ years in the business. He will bring In buys and give a good rub to anyone he is up against. Punk would get zero rub from facing ziggler.

The logic you are going with in suggesting only regular wrestlers get mania matches would be suicidal and decimate the card.

No rock, y2j, hhh or undertaker - what would your card be to bring in the buys without these guys?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Wed 14 Dec 2011, 10:08 pm

Cara is injured, Rey won't be back til after mania imo

For me some of the below:

Punk vs Miz - WWE title
Henry vs Orton vs Bryan - WHC
Taker vs Kane - Buried alive
Cody Rhodes vs Goldust - IC title
Barrett vs Jericho - Student vs Mentor
Ziggler vs Show
Ryder vs Swagger - US title
Cena vs Rock

And
Hunter vs Vince - Street fight for the WWE Chairmanship

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 15 Dec 2011, 8:42 am

Ziggler, Rhodes & Barrett are all talented guys with big futures but The Rock, Y2J and the Undertaker are the main event. The casual wrestling fan doesn't really care about seeing potential world champions developed and giving opportunities, when the casual wrestling fan buys a PPV it's because the card/build up has pulled them in, until Ziggler, Rhodes & Barrett have that ability to draw they will not headline WM, they may have worked hard, put in a shift but this is pro wrestling and that means naff all. Y2J deserves a shot at punk, the rock deserves to face John cena and the undertaker deserves to defend the streak because they can draw and this isnt something that has happened over night it's taken a whole career achieve not 3 years of us title runs and a handful of ok matches, IMO dolph has a long, long way to go.

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:06 am

Why does Y2J deserve a shot at Punk?

No-one is arguing that Undertaker, Cena and the Rock should be there (I have already given my reasons why the Rock is different from Jericho). Are you describing yourself as a casual wrestling fan then? The bigger picture is the end of Mania kickstarts the wrestling year. There needs to be some sort of progression into this, not have one of your headliners leave after two months to go play in a band.

Plus, and this is the key thing for me for someone who will buy the PPV, Jericho v Punk won't be as good as Punk v Rhodes/Barrett/Ziggler. I really can't see Jericho caring that much. He will go through the motions and leave. It is not about pulling power for me! It is about seeing good wrestling matches or once in a lifetime matches. If it is all about bums on seats lets invite Hogan/Flair/Piper back to do some matches. Don't complain next year if the next "headline star" is hard to see.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:32 am

Point taken twist but I'm trying to address why dolph deserves a headline WM match ahead of Jericho and I'm coming short evey time. I can't stress anymore that dolph is not ready for the main event at mania and Jericho is, for me it's that simple. Of course it's not all about bums on seats but Ive tried to look at this from a wwe view point as well in regards to ticket sales and ppv buys and who would help achieve greater numbers. I'm not a casual fan but can relate to what they might want to see more and the big names surely deliver on that?

As I've said over and over again dolph is talented and has a big future but let's not rush him, he has no personality yet he can't generate heat as a heel yet and he can't really cut a great promo yet putting him up against punk would only highlight all these short falls and do more harm than good, let him develop and become a stronger performer first.

Wrestling isnt all about being able to put on a good match, it's so much more... It's about building a feud, about getting a reaction from the crowd and about story telling, for example when a newer star the miz won his first world title did you see that girls face in the crowd? Such detest for the miz! Such hate! Can dolph create this kind of emotion yet? No! The miz was ready, dolph is not. I want to see once in a lifetime matches as well but IMO dolph wouldn't deliver it.

I also don't see Jericho just going through the motions, I dont think it's in his character (as a man not a performer), I don't recall any match or feud in his career where this has been the case. I can see Jericho-punk being a great angle with a great climax as mania

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:53 am

I can see your point totally, maybe it is more a personal view of who I would like to see rather than viewing it in a commercial sense. To be fair though, Ziggler wouldn't have to headline (they put Edge v Del Rio first last mania for instance).

We will have to see if a) he is the man the promo is about and b) whether he can really create such a good angle and mania match that outweighs his return fee, a (possible) lame match, and his disappearing act after the mania.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by nasisillmatic Thu 15 Dec 2011, 1:14 pm

I feel Jericho should not be involved in a title match at Mania.

Whilst I think he is better than Ziggler in every way at the moment he has always been at a level just below elite main eventer for me. He has been involved in 2 World Title matches at WM18 & WN26 and both times flattered to deceive.

nasisillmatic

Back to top Go down

Post by Y2James Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:05 pm

Ok only my opinion, but what can someone explain why Jericho (if it even is him, I reckon its Vince taking the power back but....) doesnt deserve a Mania shot?

The guy has put in over 15 years of hard work, had some of the greatest matches of all time with some of the legends of the business, and has put over more up and coming talent than the rest of his peers in the Main Event status put together.

Have just checked out fozzys schedule and it says there is an Abum coming up NOT a tour apart from a festival appearance they have stated that no plans to tour next year.

Surely the ideal platform for Y2J to promote his new album is via the E? Cena and HHH have a movie out, Foley and JR used to have books constantly but no one assumed they were set to quit. If he comes back he may be around for 12 months plus if he was in the Main Event at WM he is back in the limelight and more albums are sold as a result, if he is then in the main event of subsequent PPVs surely the same will happen for him?

Y2James

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 15 Dec 2011, 9:56 pm

Y2James wrote:Ok only my opinion, but what can someone explain why Jericho (if it even is him, I reckon its Vince taking the power back but....) doesnt deserve a Mania shot?

The guy has put in over 15 years of hard work, had some of the greatest matches of all time with some of the legends of the business, and has put over more up and coming talent than the rest of his peers in the Main Event status put together.

What has Jericho done in the wrestling business in the last 12 months?

What kind of example does it set for the rest of the roster? you might as go im just going to go away for a while and when i come back i want a world title shot.

HHH should be facing Punk at Wrestlemania atleast that makes some kind of sense.

If they were going to bring back Jericho why not fued him against Orton who put him on the shelf even if it means turning Orton again (I don't like face orton)

If we're going by your 15 years hard work theory why isn't Kane in one of the main events?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Thu 15 Dec 2011, 10:01 pm

Agree with turning orton heel , but HHH v Punk would be boring Jericho v Punk sounds much better why not have

If Cara Returns on time

Cara v Masked Hunico v Masked Epico

Ryder v Swagger ? or Kofi

Ziggler v Cody v Bryan v Orton ( WHC)

HHH v Vince ( control company )

Taker v Kane: Buried Alive

Jericho v Punk ( WWE )

The Rock v Cena

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Thu 15 Dec 2011, 11:48 pm

Jam ot on the hole

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 16 Dec 2011, 1:23 am

I really like Dolph Ziggler but I'm in the camp of 'he's not ready for a World Title match at WrestleMania yet' - I think his time will come but for me he isn't a Brock Lesnar type where his sheer aggression and brutality can see him get a major spot so quickly, I feel Dolph needs to have a big WrestleMania moment before he has a World Title match at WrestleMania, look at Shawn Michaels, compared to Lex Luger and Yokozuna he was more than capable of being in a World Title match but apart from a few Rockers natches and a couple of single matches against Tito Santana and Tatanka, he never had any real WrestleMania moments, then at WM10 he stole the show with Razor Ramon and went from being a could be/should be guy to a definite will be and he went on to main event 3 off the next 4 WrestleMania's.

Personally I'd keep him as United States Champion and put him in a unification ladder match with the IC Champion and give them 20 minutes to go out there and bring the house down, let him and his opponent go out there and just rip it up and give people a chance to want to talk about him/them, give them this chance then it wont matter who'll win or lose, that kind of platform and lea-way would get both guys over superbly well in my opinion then by the time WM29 comes around people will want to see Ziggler get his deserved spot in a World Title main event

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 16 Dec 2011, 8:59 am

the-gaffer wrote:I really like Dolph Ziggler but I'm in the camp of 'he's not ready for a World Title match at WrestleMania yet' - I think his time will come but for me he isn't a Brock Lesnar type where his sheer aggression and brutality can see him get a major spot so quickly, I feel Dolph needs to have a big WrestleMania moment before he has a World Title match at WrestleMania, look at Shawn Michaels, compared to Lex Luger and Yokozuna he was more than capable of being in a World Title match but apart from a few Rockers natches and a couple of single matches against Tito Santana and Tatanka, he never had any real WrestleMania moments, then at WM10 he stole the show with Razor Ramon and went from being a could be/should be guy to a definite will be and he went on to main event 3 off the next 4 WrestleMania's.

Personally I'd keep him as United States Champion and put him in a unification ladder match with the IC Champion and give them 20 minutes to go out there and bring the house down, let him and his opponent go out there and just rip it up and give people a chance to want to talk about him/them, give them this chance then it wont matter who'll win or lose, that kind of platform and lea-way would get both guys over superbly well in my opinion then by the time WM29 comes around people will want to see Ziggler get his deserved spot in a World Title main event

Totally agree and your hbk comparison is bang on, dolph does have a touch of the Michaels about him and I can see in time him being a huge star

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:00 am

the-gaffer wrote:I really like Dolph Ziggler but I'm in the camp of 'he's not ready for a World Title match at WrestleMania yet' - I think his time will come but for me he isn't a Brock Lesnar type where his sheer aggression and brutality can see him get a major spot so quickly, I feel Dolph needs to have a big WrestleMania moment before he has a World Title match at WrestleMania, look at Shawn Michaels, compared to Lex Luger and Yokozuna he was more than capable of being in a World Title match but apart from a few Rockers natches and a couple of single matches against Tito Santana and Tatanka, he never had any real WrestleMania moments, then at WM10 he stole the show with Razor Ramon and went from being a could be/should be guy to a definite will be and he went on to main event 3 off the next 4 WrestleMania's.

Totally agree and your hbk comparison is bang on, dolph does have a touch of the Michaels about him and I can see in time him being a huge star

MtotheC

Back to top Go down

Post by Scorch The Dragon Fri 16 Dec 2011, 9:26 am

Maybe its the great Khali coming back to claim his sister from Jinder?

Maybe it's Finlay coming back to claim Hornswoggle from idiocy?

Maybe its Vince coming back to claim his company?

Maybe its Taker coming back to claim the 4 months of the year he works?

Maybe its Jericho coming back to claim his title of best in the world?

Maybe its Batista coming back to claim back his basketball?

Maybe its MVP coming back to claim the letters down the back of his suit from Mark Henry?

Either way life will never be the same again, or atleast for a week until the writers forget what they were doing and fudge something together with a bizarre explanation like " I did it for the rock!"

But lets be honest for once the WWE has done something which has got us all guessing and second guessing ourselves, so for once lets say well done WWE.

Scorch The Dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next