The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nullus Impetus

+17
oxring
The Galveston Giant
Super D Boon
Steffan
Mind the windows Tino.
azania
mckay1402
huw
HumanWindmill
johnson2
AlexHuckerby
John Bloody Wayne
Rowley
Union Cane
coxy0001
TRUSSMAN66
davidemore
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Nullus Impetus - Page 3 Empty Nullus Impetus

Post by davidemore Thu 05 Jan 2012, 10:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

There is a lack of impulse in Boxing.

Contrived or otherwise the last twelve months have seen a lack of impulse in boxing. On one hand i could name the amount of significant happenings inside or outside of the ring that have sprung from impulse. Ortiz vs Mayweather, an impulsive, emotional driven headbutt (or ten). And now i struggle to find more...

The sport has become predictable, and this opinion is only further proven by the outstanding minds that have graced the boards in 2012. We know what promoters are doing when they say one thing and do another. We know what boxers are going to do when they go into the ring. We see the punches, so to speak. The way money dictates fights, the way belts are manufactured to be held rather than earned. It is not impulsive.

Mike Tyson was impulsive; the way he spoke, the way he walked, the way he fought. What Lewis could do in the ring when at his best and focused, could be impulsively brilliant. The way Naz danced and poked and jabbed and dazzled was impulsive, no, instinctual. We have seen impulsive anger, we have seen it in Benn, we have seen it in Morales, Barrera and so many more greats of years gone by. Greats that even when in their prime, even when dictating fights and gaining riches, could be impulsive, delightfully impulsive. Roy Jones Junior would grace our television screens with dazzling skills that were impulsive, reckless (behind the back KO's) and completely instinctual. Now, even his sleepy wilts to the floor seem preempted. Ricky Hatton, for all his donkey riddled floors could do things that were so plainly impulsive all you could do in return was stand and applaud such transparency in the ring.

In press conferences, have we been shocked? In deal making have we seen a deal that was made out of the impulsive need to see two fighters go at it? Well, maybe with Groves vs Degale, maybe. That would be two times. When walking to the ring, when staring down an opponent, when the bell rings and two men come together, is impulse there? I'm not sure. I'm not sure if it is at the moment.

I'm not sure it has to be prominent either. I know this sport as a sweet science, an exhibition of skill and bravery, of intelligence and pride. I know this sport relies on so many things in order for a boxer to succeed. But i also know this. Impulse has its place in the way we love someone, in the way we talk to a friend, how we smile and walk and decide what to have for lunch. It is in us gentlemen.

But is it still in boxing?

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Nullus Impetus - Page 3 Empty Re: Nullus Impetus

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:38 am

Your opinion means jack on this subject is the reason why Az.

Foreman lost to Young but has Frazier and Norton to fall back on as well as reclaiming the lineal title, Tyson does not.

So losing a fight at light heavyweight counts at heavyweight then?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:39 am

azania wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Oxy could you please put an end to this constant provocative behaviour? It's starting to get highly irritating.

So you think telling another poster to go F themselves is not provocative? my goodness you are like an old woman ghosty. quit bleating for help and grow a set please.

Point proved Oxy and mod team.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:41 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
azania wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:Oxy could you please put an end to this constant provocative behaviour? It's starting to get highly irritating.

So you think telling another poster to go F themselves is not provocative? my goodness you are like an old woman ghosty. quit bleating for help and grow a set please.

Point proved Oxy and mod team.

Waaaaa Waaaaaa Waaaa.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:43 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Your opinion means jack on this subject is the reason why Az.

Foreman lost to Young but has Frazier and Norton to fall back on as well as reclaiming the lineal title, Tyson does not.

So losing a fight at light heavyweight counts at heavyweight then?

Tyson has spinks and holmes plus a very dominating reign. Claiming the belts back and losing to an atg. Better than most, dempsey included.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:48 am

Debate the subject or don't bother posting at all, you're constant winding up of posters is getting boring.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun 08 Jan 2012, 12:52 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Debate the subject or don't bother posting at all, you're constant winding up of posters is getting boring.

Laugh

Says the one who insults posters regularly. Dont be telling posters to go F themselves and not expect a comeback. Understand boy? Back to the thread.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 08 Jan 2012, 10:27 am

I would like you all to remember that this topic is centered around the notion of impulse. We have a great thread here with some grand ideas, but if someone was to stumble on to this recent verbal diarrhea then what would they think?

Back to topic people. And by people we all know who i mean.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:26 am

Fellas, I've only just picked up on all of this, since I wasn't here last night.

I have no intention of trying to unravel it all and sort the sheep from the goats, and nor do I have any intention - yet - of removing or editing comments. What I am going to do is ask that, if this debate should continue today, it can proceed in a civilised manner and with the original topic being the subject for discussion.

No names, no pack drill. Let's all, please, move on without the bickering.

Thank you.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:31 am

davidemore wrote:I would like you all to remember that this topic is centered around the notion of impulse. We have a great thread here with some grand ideas, but if someone was to stumble on to this recent verbal diarrhea then what would they think?

Back to topic people. And by people we all know who i mean.

Well said mate. I stopped posting on other forums because threads just became slagging matches and insults it only takes one or two guys to ruin it for everyone seems like the same people just cant post without the insults.

Back to your point imo the biggest problem is the heavyweight division. The only interest in it since Lewis retired has been Haye he has been the only exciting heavyweight out there in years. Some people dont like Haye it seems because he lost to Wlad I think that is disappointing not to support your own fighters just because they lost. But who can deny his stunts did not get people interested in boxing again? Even people I know that did not follow boxing knew all about the Hayemaker. Boxing needs more of this mostly in heavyweight division which is boring. Yes the Klitchkos are good fighters but they have been boring the division to death for years now I think they should retire.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 08 Jan 2012, 3:18 pm

Very good points Waingro. The problem i have with the Drone brothers is they realy lack impulse. Not a sniff of a tussle or even a random act of real anger! Need some impulse from them. Very bad for the spotlight division.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 08 Jan 2012, 3:46 pm

davidemore wrote:No john bloody wayne it is not. that is a humorous remark about a tragic situation. come on john, this is good stuff, let it not become part of the dung pile.

Mike Tyson in the ring was impulsive, Lewis at his best, Naz, RRJ, that kind of impulse.

And just so you know, crimes like that, statistically, are usually by someone the victim knows, planned, and executed through the knowledge gained by the relationship. Hardly impulsive. More cowardice.

I guess I knew that, but your reputations preceeds you and I was looking for a slightly clearer definition.

When Barrera fought Tapia the commentators spoke of "the rage" with which he fought Morales and Hamed. The impulsive boxing agression mixed in with great skill. Speaking of Morales, coming out for the 12th against Manny as a southpaw! Ballsy stuff.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Sun 08 Jan 2012, 4:12 pm

Good examples John.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3