The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

klitschko v haye

+11
88Chris05
rycoys
Waingro
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
The genius of PBF
monzon
bhb001
Steffan
TRUSSMAN66
azania
lovely_london
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

klitschko v haye Empty klitschko v haye

Post by lovely_london Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:53 am

pretty sure the fight will happen in the summer in London.

Klitschko has always said he wants to fight in England and I think it will happen in the summer so that a football stadium can be used to host the fight.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

klitschko v haye Empty Re: klitschko v haye

Post by azania Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:56 am

If it happens, it will be in Germany. Haye to win also.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:59 am

Not sure it will fill a football stadium.....

Even though it's Vitali it still seems like a return.....and returns usually only happen when the first fight is competitive!!

A lot of people think Haye is a busted flush and will wonder if he'll do a runner again!!!

Me..I doubt he will.. but hey I'm just a stranger looking for some tourism....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:51 am

azania wrote:If it happens, it will be in Germany. Haye to win also.

hope you don't lose any money at the betting shop.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:04 am

Haye will get beat badly

The fight will be in Germany

Im not really bothered about this fight but it would be worth a watch just to see another Kilts bro beat up on Haye some more

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:26 am

lovely_london wrote:

Only way Vit will win is if it goes the distance and the fight is in Germany. He is now too slow, ponderous and easy to hit.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:27 pm

Fight will not happen. Haye has done nothing to deserve it, which isn't a barrier really, but he will have to take a very thin end of a wedge and I can't see his ego letting him do that. IF it happens, then Haye to lose again in convincing but not dramatic style.

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:46 am

As others have said, the fight would only be in Germany given how Sauerland's got the broadcasters tied up over there.

Small chance it could be in America, but 98% sure it will only happen in Germany, if at all.

Quite obvious why, too - bigger stadiums, more tickets sold, plus the safety of a "home" decision if it's needed.

Not a fight i want to see, though.

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:53 am

azania wrote:
lovely_london wrote:

Only way Vit will win is if it goes the distance and the fight is in Germany. He is now too slow, ponderous and easy to hit.

people were using the same reaons last year as to why Wladamir would lose and we all know what happened there.

Klitschko recently fought in Poland and I believe he wants to fight in the UK. He agreed to fight in the UK in 2009 before Haye pulled out.And Klitschko has gone on record and said he wants to fight in the UK.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:07 am

The Klitschko's say a lot of things exactly like Bob Arum...Doesn't change the fact Haye smashes Vitali Klitschko into retirement.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:19 am

lovely_london wrote:
azania wrote:
lovely_london wrote:

people were using the same reaons last year as to why Wladamir would lose and we all know what happened there.

Klitschko recently fought in Poland and I believe he wants to fight in the UK. He agreed to fight in the UK in 2009 before Haye pulled out.And Klitschko has gone on record and said he wants to fight in the UK.

What the klits say and do are very different things. They talk well but are great businessmen who want the cards stacked to their advantage. Be it the venue or the contract.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:19 am

Not sure it would fill Wembley which has been said. Are there really 90,000 people stupid enough to pay money to go and watch a mismatch?

No PPV in Britain weakens Hayes hand even if he goes with Primetime who just can't mathc Sky for being able to hype a fight.

Easy and rather brutal win for Vitali imo if it does happen.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:22 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:Not sure it would fill Wembley which has been said. Are there really 90,000 people stupid enough to pay money to go and watch a mismatch?

No PPV in Britain weakens Hayes hand even if he goes with Primetime who just can't mathc Sky for being able to hype a fight.

Wont be a mismatch and if it is it would be Vitali on the end of a one sided drubbing...Vitali is very slow and ripe for the taking.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:24 am

The genius of PBF wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:Not sure it would fill Wembley which has been said. Are there really 90,000 people stupid enough to pay money to go and watch a mismatch?

Wont be a mismatch and if it is it would be Vitali on the end of a one sided drubbing...Vitali is very slow and ripe for the taking.

When did he become ripe for the taking? Since he came back he's not lost a round. What does Haye have to trouble him? Yes he has speed but he isn't aggressive and you can't beat a Klitschko at long range.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:25 am

Dont be fooled by his fight with Lennox. That was 15 years ago and the man fights like he's walking in molases.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:27 am

azania wrote:

Dont be fooled by his fight with Lennox. That was 15 years ago and the man fights like he's walking in molases.

Nothing to do with his win over Lewis more to do with the facft that Haye is the most over rated fighter of his generation. Decent cruiserweight and nothing more and nothing on his record at heavyweight to suggest he is anything more than a token title holder.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:35 am

The heavyweight division is so poor that is why Vitali hasn't been exposed yet...We will see later on this year when im proved right just like I predicted Groves to beat DeGale.

Remember back then you were claiming it would be a easy and brutal win for DeGale?

Wladimir's speed, jab and defence stopped Haye...Vitali does not have the same attributes to beat Haye.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:38 am

By the way keep an eye on Anthony Joshua...the next best thing in the heavyweight division.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:38 am

I never onced claimed it would be a brutal win for DeGold although I did say he would win and I think he probably nicked it by a point.

Vitali has the jab, the defence and is smart enough to know how to move around the ring without being the quickest similar to Hopkins.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:57 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:

Nothing to do with his win over Lewis more to do with the facft that Haye is the most over rated fighter of his generation. Decent cruiserweight and nothing more and nothing on his record at heavyweight to suggest he is anything more than a token title holder.

Haye over-rated because he got owned by Wlad? Was Foreman over-rated after Young beat him. Are all boxers over-rated after a loss? Haye got beaten by a better man. A very good HW champion. I never saw Haye as anything other than a belt holder. If he beats Viy he will be abely holder again with Wlad the real champ as he is.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:15 am

azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:

Haye over-rated because he got owned by Wlad? Was Foreman over-rated after Young beat him. Are all boxers over-rated after a loss? Haye got beaten by a better man. A very good HW champion. I never saw Haye as anything other than a belt holder. If he beats Viy he will be abely holder again with Wlad the real champ as he is.

I never mentioned his defeat to Wlad. I'm judging Haye over his career and what we have seen from him you seem to judge him on what he may be capable of.

Who has he beat at heavyweight to make him a very good champion? Barrett? Valuev? Ruiz? Harrison?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:32 am

The genius of PBF wrote:By the way keep an eye on Anthony Joshua...the next best thing in the heavyweight division.

This is true people are saying he ould be the next Lewis I reckon he will be a world champ.

You are also right that Haye would stop Vitali he might stop him on cuts like Lewis did Vtali is to old and slow now Haye will have far to much speed and skill for him.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:44 am

The hype around Joshua is ridiculous. He's decent and nothing more at this stage he's pretty inexperienced.

As for Haye and his speed and skill what does he do to get past Vitali's jab without being sparked out by a big right hand?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:43 pm

SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:

I never mentioned his defeat to Wlad. I'm judging Haye over his career and what we have seen from him you seem to judge him on what he may be capable of.

Who has he beat at heavyweight to make him a very good champion? Barrett? Valuev? Ruiz? Harrison?
well who ealse would you have liked him to beat at heavy ? he took the fights he needed and won convincingly !! when you look at it haye was beating on points by wlad , he was nt as bad people are makeing out, he made wlad miss so much which no one has done before , yes he made a rod for his own back with the trash talk but he lost on points and underperformed simple , i cant get all this haye is rubbish , what ealse have we got ? tyson fury !!!! i just wish haye would be more active and be more willing to prove hes the best ,

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:32 am

rycoys wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:

well who ealse would you have liked him to beat at heavy ? he took the fights he needed and won convincingly !! when you look at it haye was beating on points by wlad , he was nt as bad people are makeing out, he made wlad miss so much which no one has done before , yes he made a rod for his own back with the trash talk but he lost on points and underperformed simple , i cant get all this haye is rubbish , what ealse have we got ? tyson fury !!!! i just wish haye would be more active and be more willing to prove hes the best ,

There is nothing to suggest klitschko is getting slow. klitschko has not lost a round in about 5 years. haye would struggle to get close to klitschko.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:42 am

rycoys wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:

Unlike you I don't feel the need to support someone because they come from this small island. Haye has very little on his record to justify him being classed as anything more than decent. Yes he wasn't stopped by Wlad unlike so =many have been but he never had a go. He was happy to lose but see out the 12 rounds.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:11 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:

I haven't said that he was a very good champion. To say he was over-rated is doing a disservice to Wlad.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:14 am

lovely_london wrote:
rycoys wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:

There is nothing to suggest klitschko is getting slow. klitschko has not lost a round in about 5 years. haye would struggle to get close to klitschko.

That may be the case, but I see many holes in Vit's game that a Haye type fighter can exploit. Haye is fast and elusive. ELisive because he runs maybe, but I believe he is elusive when up close also. His problem is that he doesn't have the self belief against the big guys as he did against the cruisers. If he over comes that, then he can beat Vit. Vit is 40 and has hand picked guys he knows are suited foor him and unsuited for Wlad (and vice versa). He fights the physically stronger guys (Adamek excluded) and leaves the more elusive ones to Wlad.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:19 am

azania wrote:
lovely_london wrote:
rycoys wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:

That may be the case, but I see many holes in Vit's game that a Haye type fighter can exploit. Haye is fast and elusive. ELisive because he runs maybe, but I believe he is elusive when up close also. His problem is that he doesn't have the self belief against the big guys as he did against the cruisers. If he over comes that, then he can beat Vit. Vit is 40 and has hand picked guys he knows are suited foor him and unsuited for Wlad (and vice versa). He fights the physically stronger guys (Adamek excluded) and leaves the more elusive ones to Wlad.

Like Mormeck?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:26 am

Like Saunders.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:30 am

They both fought Saunders I don't get it!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:31 am

azania wrote:Like Saunders.

Just because Moremeck is French, it doesn't give you the right to make awful puns / jokes like that.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:36 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:They both fought Saunders I don't get it!

Why not? Saunders - big, strong and fast. We saw what happened against Wlad.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:39 am

You said they hand pick guys that suit one but not the other. Saunders fought both.

It's tough for the Klitschkos between them they need to find 4-6 opponents a year between them from a terrible division. Once one has beaten someone it makes a fight with the other brother pointless given the manner in which most lose.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:02 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:You said they hand pick guys that suit one but not the other. Saunders fought both.

It's tough for the Klitschkos between them they need to find 4-6 opponents a year between them from a terrible division. Once one has beaten someone it makes a fight with the other brother pointless given the manner in which most lose.

Didn't rematch Wlad though after the KO. Vit fought him and beat him.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:10 am

There is a rumour that Sanders wanted a ridiculous amount of money to fight Wlad again and that was the reason it never happened.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:15 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:There is a rumour that Sanders wanted a ridiculous amount of money to fight Wlad again and that was the reason it never happened.

I doubt very much if there;s a differential in purses when choosing either of the two brothers to fight. At that time Wlad was seen very much as being the more vulnerable of the two.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:20 am

Big boxing match in a stadium in London in the summer...

Forgive me for playing Devils advocate here, but isn't there a little thing called the Olympics being held this summer in London?

I doubt there will be any big events this summer in London.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:24 am

School Project wrote:Big boxing match in a stadium in London in the summer...

Forgive me for playing Devils advocate here, but isn't there a little thing called the Olympics being held this summer in London?

I doubt there will be any big events this summer in London.

Would be a good dress rehearsal. Have it at Milwall's ground. If Haye loses the fans can get at Vit.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:26 am

azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:There is a rumour that Sanders wanted a ridiculous amount of money to fight Wlad again and that was the reason it never happened.

I doubt very much if there;s a differential in purses when choosing either of the two brothers to fight. At that time Wlad was seen very much as being the more vulnerable of the two.

A lot of people still see him as the more vulnerable of the 2 because of his chin. He did fight Brewster after it who was a bigger puncher than Sanders so I don't think he ducked him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:28 am

haye doesnt have enough of a fanbase to fight at a football stadium in england. he struggled to sell enough tickets at the o2 against the then popular enzo, and didnt take the following to germany he had hoped for. its in vitalis and wlads interest to fight abroad when they have an opponenet popular enough. adamek was, haye isnt. vitali is more likely to fight arreola in amercia than haye in england

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:31 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:

A lot of people still see him as the more vulnerable of the 2 because of his chin. He did fight Brewster after it who was a bigger puncher than Sanders so I don't think he ducked him.

Not saying that he ducked him. I'm saying that the Klits generally seem to choose fights that dont play to their weaknesses. Look at Wlad's record. He generally fights the more elusive fighters (if such exists) whereas Vit goes for the stronger fighters who are also slower.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:35 am

Like I said before I've never really thought of it that way. They need to find 4-6 opponents a year out of a shockingly poor division even if you throw in the cruisers.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:36 am

azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:

Not saying that he ducked him. I'm saying that the Klits generally seem to choose fights that dont play to their weaknesses. Look at Wlad's record. He generally fights the more elusive fighters (if such exists) whereas Vit goes for the stronger fighters who are also slower.

i dont think either klit is a ducker, but personally i think vitali has taken out the harder fighters and im not convinced that is a coincidence

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:37 am

Lance wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:

i dont think either klit is a ducker, but personally i think vitali has taken out the harder fighters and im not convinced that is a coincidence
Exactly. Like a tag team.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:40 am

Since Vitalis comeback he's fought. Peter, Gomez, Arreola, Johnson, Sosnowski, Briggs, Solis and Adamek.

In the same time frame Wlad has fought Rahman, Chagaev, Chambers, peters and Haye.

Both seem a mixed bag of styles not sure there has been any hand picking going on.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:42 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:Since Vitalis comeback he's fought. Peter, Gomez, Arreola, Johnson, Sosnowski, Briggs, Solis and Adamek.

In the same time frame Wlad has fought Rahman, Chagaev, Chambers, peters and Haye.

Both seem a mixed bag of styles not sure there has been any hand picking going on.

vitalis opponents look much tougher to me. solis , arreola , adamek are the three guys on the list id least like to fight

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:47 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:Since Vitalis comeback he's fought. Peter, Gomez, Arreola, Johnson, Sosnowski, Briggs, Solis and Adamek.

Vit's is the tougher side. By tougher I mean physically stronger. Peters was a walking bag as Helenius later and conclusively proved.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:49 am

Solis and Arreola are fat wasters just like Thompson and Peters. There is very little between Haye and Adamek imo. Chagaev never had a chance against either of them he is only 5ft 11.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:50 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:Solis and Arreola are fat wasters just like Thompson and Peters. There is very little between Haye and Adamek imo. Chagaev never had a chance against either of them he is only 5ft 11.

Solis actually came in shape. Busted his knee unfortunately. Haye is faster and a bigger hitter than Adamek. An all round more skilled boxer.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next