The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

klitschko v haye

+11
88Chris05
rycoys
Waingro
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
The genius of PBF
monzon
bhb001
Steffan
TRUSSMAN66
azania
lovely_london
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

klitschko v haye - Page 2 Empty klitschko v haye

Post by lovely_london Fri 06 Jan 2012, 9:53 pm

First topic message reminder :

pretty sure the fight will happen in the summer in London.

Klitschko has always said he wants to fight in England and I think it will happen in the summer so that a football stadium can be used to host the fight.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

klitschko v haye - Page 2 Empty Re: klitschko v haye

Post by Lance Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:53 pm

SugarRayRussell wrote:Solis and Arreola are fat wasters just like Thompson and Peters. There is very little between Haye and Adamek imo. Chagaev never had a chance against either of them he is only 5ft 11.

solis and arreola would both easily beat peter and probably thompson. and i would back either to beat haye. haye arreola is a fight i wanted to see, but i dont think haye fancied risking his best of the rest status he had given himself in the UK

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:55 pm

azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:Solis and Arreola are fat wasters just like Thompson and Peters. There is very little between Haye and Adamek imo. Chagaev never had a chance against either of them he is only 5ft 11.

Solis actually came in shape. Busted his knee unfortunately. Haye is faster and a bigger hitter than Adamek. An all round more skilled boxer.

In shape he was just under 250lbs! It may have been a career low but the guys only 6ft 1 so the fat waster tag is justified.

As for Haye Adameks record takes a huge dump all over Hayes!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 08 Jan 2012, 11:56 pm

Record or not Haye is the far better boxer of the two, were they to meet i'd expect Haye to steamroll over Adamek fairly comfortably.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:02 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Record or not Haye is the far better boxer of the two, were they to meet i'd expect Haye to steamroll over Adamek fairly comfortably.

shame it unlikely he will ever try to prove it. i dont think we will ever know for certain how good haye actually was. he never beat any of the top cruisers except mormeck, and only really had eyes for wlad at heavy

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:06 am

I think Adamek was hard done to. He is a good boxer. Nothing flashy about him but very steady. I think he would beat Haye. If Haye can't get rid of you he doesn't really know what to do. I think he would win the early rounds but I think by round 5 or 6 Adamek would take over behind his jab and win on points.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:09 am

Think your overselling Adamek a fair bit there SRR, he doesn't punch hard enough nor is his jab good enough to stop Haye throwing his punches, i'd fully expect to see the Haye of his cruiser days against Adamek.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:12 am

Maybe but I'm not sold on either being all that good I just don't think the gap between them is as big as a lot of people think.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:13 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Think your overselling Adamek a fair bit there SRR, he doesn't punch hard enough nor is his jab good enough to stop Haye throwing his punches, i'd fully expect to see the Haye of his cruiser days against Adamek.

i dont think he fought anybody as good as adamek in his cruiser days though. mormeck was the only top cruiser he beat and that was a tough fight

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:13 am

Skill, speed, power and size are all in Hayes favour, not sure what Adamek has on him.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:17 am

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Skill, speed, power and size are all in Hayes favour, not sure what Adamek has on him.

stamina, workrate, footwork, heart. not saying id particulalry back adamek, but the fight would be no dead cert for haye

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:20 am

Adamek went life and death with Michael Grant. The Grant who was blown away in 2 be Lewis 15 years earlier. Give me a break. Haye would destroy and school him imo lol. Adamek is not quality.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:21 am

azania wrote:Adamek went life and death with Michael Grant. The Grant who was blown away in 2 be Lewis 15 years earlier. Give me a break. Haye would destroy and school him imo lol. Adamek is not quality.

who has beaten to say he would do any better against grant.
grant could still beat barrett or harrison comfortably i reckon

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:23 am

azania wrote:Adamek went life and death with Michael Grant. The Grant who was blown away in 2 be Lewis 15 years earlier. Give me a break. Haye would destroy and school him imo lol. Adamek is not quality.

That wasn't a close fight if my memory serves my right Adamek won that pretty comfortably.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:23 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:

That wasn't a close fight if my memory serves my right Adamek won that pretty comfortably.

Depends on what you call comfortably. Wasn't he rocked a couple of times?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:25 am

azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:

Not sure he was rocked he did get caught once and slipped but that was about it. Grant was no worse than Ruiz or Barrett and definitely better than Harrison.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:25 am

azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:

yes i remember this fight well. he was very badly rocked once, and hurt another time too.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:30 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:

Not sure he was rocked he did get caught once and slipped but that was about it. Grant was no worse than Ruiz or Barrett and definitely better than Harrison.

Give over. Grant was shocking at his best. 15 years after a devestating loss, he was a shell of a poor self. Audley would have beaten him. Plus Adamek went the distance (or late rounds) with McBride. The same McBride who lost in clubfighter in the first round. I'd pick Barret, Ruiz, Valuev and Audley over any of them.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:31 am

Lance wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:

yes i remember this fight well. he was very badly rocked once, and hurt another time too.

Shows the type of fighter he was. Not very good.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:33 am

azania wrote:
Lance wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:

Shows the type of fighter he was. Not very good.

maybe. although i think grant is a better fighter than a lot of people credit him as. as i say i think he would beat anybody haye has beaten quite comfortably.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:35 am

azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:

Give over. Grant was shocking at his best. 15 years after a devestating loss, he was a shell of a poor self. Audley would have beaten him. Plus Adamek went the distance (or late rounds) with McBride. The same McBride who lost in clubfighter in the first round. I'd pick Barret, Ruiz, Valuev and Audley over any of them.

Adamek was never a puncher even at 175lbs so he was never going to spark out heavies. It was 10 years after Lewis. There isn't much in it mate. Harrison was awful, Ruiz was never that good anyway but was well past it. Barrett was well....Barrett!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:36 am

No. I think Grant was never as good as he was given credit for. And when I found out Adamek was due to fight him, I didn't even know he was still fighting. At his peak he was not that good. He got worse with age. Far worse.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:37 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:

Adamek was never a puncher even at 175lbs so he was never going to spark out heavies. It was 10 years after Lewis. There isn't much in it mate. Harrison was awful, Ruiz was never that good anyway but was well past it. Barrett was well....Barrett!

You're not wrong about Haye's opponents. But dont try and kid yourself into believing that Grant was anywhere near the guys Haye beat at HW. He wasn't. Far from it. Sorry mate, but you're dead wrong here.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:44 am

azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:
azania wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:

You're not wrong about Haye's opponents. But dont try and kid yourself into believing that Grant was anywhere near the guys Haye beat at HW. He wasn't. Far from it. Sorry mate, but you're dead wrong here.

I'll accept Ruiz and at a push Barrett but not Fraudley!
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:49 am

I'd take Fraudley anytime. I'll give Grant some credit. He is still in shape. But mate, he was rubbish.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:54 am

I will bow to your superior knowledge on the bums of the heavyweight division.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 09 Jan 2012, 12:57 am

SugarRayRussell wrote:I will bow to your superior knowledge on the bums of the heavyweight division.

I'll take pride that I have superior knowledge in the best of the worst Yahoo

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 09 Jan 2012, 1:45 am

Lance wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:Since Vitalis comeback he's fought. Peter, Gomez, Arreola, Johnson, Sosnowski, Briggs, Solis and Adamek.

In the same time frame Wlad has fought Rahman, Chagaev, Chambers, peters and Haye.

Both seem a mixed bag of styles not sure there has been any hand picking going on.

vitalis opponents look much tougher to me. solis , arreola , adamek are the three guys on the list id least like to fight

Solis injured himself, adamek was one of the worst Klitschko opponent i've ever seen, so small and weak. Wlad would have had him out in 3 or 4 and Arreola is just a fat mess.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Mon 09 Jan 2012, 7:11 am

monty junior wrote:
Lance wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:Since Vitalis comeback he's fought. Peter, Gomez, Arreola, Johnson, Sosnowski, Briggs, Solis and Adamek.

In the same time frame Wlad has fought Rahman, Chagaev, Chambers, peters and Haye.

Both seem a mixed bag of styles not sure there has been any hand picking going on.

vitalis opponents look much tougher to me. solis , arreola , adamek are the three guys on the list id least like to fight

Solis injured himself, adamek was one of the worst Klitschko opponent i've ever seen, so small and weak. Wlad would have had him out in 3 or 4 and Arreola is just a fat mess.

But the point is that those fightes were and still are bette than the fighters haye has fought.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2