The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why it is difficult being an Amir Khan fan.....?

+12
AlexHuckerby
ShahenshahG
lovely_london
The Sweet Science UK
ONETWOFOREVER
azania
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
Steffan
John Bloody Wayne
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
BorrisTheBlade
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Why it is difficult being an Amir Khan fan.....? - Page 2 Empty Why it is difficult being an Amir Khan fan.....?

Post by BorrisTheBlade Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

I would like to start off by saying I was a huge Amir Khan fan but have recently thought twice about fighting his corner each time a debate surfaces. I often see alot of Khan bashing on this board and have occasionly defended him but im begining to agree with alot of his doubters.

Here's a few reasons why my support for him is on the decline...

1) He has become extremely arrogant since the Maidana fight and it has showed. As soon as he squashed the doubts surrounding his chin, a more cocky and reckless Amir has developed.

2) Maidana gave Khan a good close fight, some were even insisting on a rematch. However, Khan felt there was no need and continued with his career (Fair Enough).

3) Khan loses to Peterson in another close fight. However, he is absoloutely furious for not getting an immediate rematch. Yet was happy to refuse Maidana a rematch after they had the fight of the year.

4) He clearly overlooked Peterson in this fight and was exposed as a limited inside fighter.

5) He talks absoloute rubbish and creates the infamous 'Khanspiracy.'

6) Before the fight, he refers to himself as a 'Road Warrior' and how he goes into opponents backyards to fight them. Well, had he of spoken to Glen Johnson prior to the fight negotiations, old Glen would hav explained why that isn't a good idea.

7) Khan spoke to BHOP before the Paterson fight, who advised him that he would be down 2 rounds even before the bell rang. Khan took on board this advice.

8) Khan then knowing what he knows, goes into this fight, and hopes to win on a close decision?? In my opinion, the fight should have been called a draw but like Degale-Groves it was awfully close and could have gone either way.

9) Khan went into the fight in the hope that his championship status would bag him the close rounds, however because he was fighting in Petersons back yard, this made the close rounds go to the judges discretion.

10) I won't be too surprised if Mayweather-Peterson is announced tommorow, because Mayweather fought Ortiz off the back of one big win against Berto (totally off topic but i heard Mayweather bet heavily on Berto to beat Ortiz, so he thought he'd get his money back by fighting and kicking Ortiz's ass). Khan was tipped to fight Mayweather this year or next, so Petersons victory has surely allowed him to get his arse handed to him first.

A message to Khan- get over this fight and get on with your career. Peterson wont give you a rematch for the same reasons you didnt give Maidana one- because it is a dangerous fight!!

Stop being so desperate and respect your opponents in future!!

The Blade (A dissapointed fan of AK)

BorrisTheBlade

Back to top Go down

Why it is difficult being an Amir Khan fan.....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why it is difficult being an Amir Khan fan.....?

Post by The Sweet Science UK Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:21 pm

It's hard to like the guy or be a fan of the guy because of many different reasons.

Ever since he left Warren & went to GBP he's become cocky and arrogant and (for some reason) genuinely believes he's P4P material.

He doesn't get the support from these shores because 1. how quickly he up and left to fight in America when he hadn't built that base of fans here in the UK. 2. He constantly moans. 3. If i remember correctly (I might be wrong) he had a few derogatory remarks to say about the British fans (once again I could be wrong here so don't take my word for it).

But people talking about he has the talent?

I don't think he does. Yes he's lighting quick and throws quick eye catching combinations but that's about it. He's a determined lad and does seem to genuinely want to fight the best.

I mean he doesn't sit down on his shots so they're not really hurting his opponent, he still seems to have a very amateurish style at times, he can't fight under pressure to save his life and the guy has a boxing IQ of a gold fish. And his chin is still suspect. He can take a shot better due to his work with Ariza and the work they've done on strengthening his lower body but he still wobbles when he's caught flush and you can see his legs go a little.

I think it's fine he wants to move up to 147 but all this arrogant and cocky talk of be ready to fight Floyd Mayweather and having the tools to beat him and seeing the weaknesses him in? Give me a break.

Khan doesn't have the power to trouble the average guys at 147 and he doesn't have the boxing IQ or talent to beat the top guys at 147.

Khan needs to seriously get himself humble; it could do him the world of good in the future.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

http://thesweetscienceuk.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Why it is difficult being an Amir Khan fan.....? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why it is difficult being an Amir Khan fan.....?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:25 pm

Think what annoys a lot of people is that he won't take any responsibility for the fight...as well as the stuff you mention..

he threw it away by being stupid....But it's everybody elses fault..

No humility..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:27 pm

Khan will win the rematch though OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:29 pm

He will..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:He will..

Unless 'mystery man' Mustafa Ameen is involved again Laugh

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:38 pm

The Sweet Science UK wrote:It's hard to like the guy or be a fan of the guy because of many different reasons.

Ever since he left Warren & went to GBP he's become cocky and arrogant and (for some reason) genuinely believes he's P4P material.

He doesn't get the support from these shores because 1. how quickly he up and left to fight in America when he hadn't built that base of fans here in the UK. 2. He constantly moans. 3. If i remember correctly (I might be wrong) he had a few derogatory remarks to say about the British fans (once again I could be wrong here so don't take my word for it).

I don't think he does. Yes he's lighting quick and throws quick eye catching combinations but that's about it. He's a determined lad and does seem to genuinely want to fight the best.

I mean he doesn't sit down on his shots so they're not really hurting his opponent, he still seems to have a very amateurish style at times, he can't fight under pressure to save his life and the guy has a boxing IQ of a gold fish. And his chin is still suspect. He can take a shot better due to his work with Ariza and the work they've done on strengthening his lower body but he still wobbles when he's caught flush and you can see his legs go a little.

I think it's fine he wants to move up to 147 but all this arrogant and cocky talk of be ready to fight Floyd Mayweather and having the tools to beat him and seeing the weaknesses him in? Give me a break.

Khan doesn't have the power to trouble the average guys at 147 and he doesn't have the boxing IQ or talent to beat the top guys at 147.

Khan needs to seriously get himself humble; it could do him the world of good in the future.

Can you say what he constantly moans about? Also he went to USA because that's where the main business is. Didn't Hatton have his biggest fights there? And didn't Khan come to these shores to fight recently? People pick minute details in order to throw garbage at Khan. Calzaghe gets criticised for home fighting, yet Khan get criticised for foghting both home and away. If you want to make it big in boxing, you gfight in USA. Simples. To say otherwise is simply wrong.

Once again, he is not given credit. Ariza is the reason why Khan takes a better punch. Personally I think him moving up in weight has a lot to do with it and being fitter and stronger at that weight. But hey, its all due to Ariza. But when GBP launches a complaint, its Khan's fault.

Triffic innit?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:42 pm

And then you got David Haye. Talked trash, totally arrogant, never went to America just stayed at home fighting people like Enzo Mac and Audley Harrison yet people always cheered him on Headscratch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:47 pm

Steffan wrote:And then you got David Haye. Talked trash, totally arrogant, never went to America just stayed at home fighting people like Enzo Mac and Audley Harrison yet people always cheered him on Headscratch

Kah can take a dump and muppets will complain that it stinks.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:54 pm

azania wrote:
The Sweet Science UK wrote:It's hard to like the guy or be a fan of the guy because of many different reasons.

Can you say what he constantly moans about? Also he went to USA because that's where the main business is. Didn't Hatton have his biggest fights there? And didn't Khan come to these shores to fight recently? People pick minute details in order to throw garbage at Khan. Calzaghe gets criticised for home fighting, yet Khan get criticised for foghting both home and away. If you want to make it big in boxing, you gfight in USA. Simples. To say otherwise is simply wrong.

Once again, he is not given credit. Ariza is the reason why Khan takes a better punch. Personally I think him moving up in weight has a lot to do with it and being fitter and stronger at that weight. But hey, its all due to Ariza. But when GBP launches a complaint, its Khan's fault.

Triffic innit?

Well I'm pretty sure moving up in weight would have been a decision made by Khan, team GB and Freddie Roach. Khan deserves the credit for putting in the work but Ariza deserves credit too.

He's fought once in the UK (McCloskey). I'm not criticizing him for going out there, I'm criticizing him for going over there as quick as he did. I'm not sure how many times he's sold out over there so you can't say just because he's going over the U.S. he's going to make a lot more £££. It depends on the fighter and the opposition too. The Maligannagi & Maidana fight could easily have been in the U.K. and made as much, if not, more money.

Well he moans about people talking about his chin (it's still a valid concern), he's moaned about not having support from the U.K. (again I might be wrong here), he's moaned about the judging from the Peterson fight (he might have some valid points but he's done it to a point where he's losing fans) and he's moaned about the ref. Now it's the ref that really grinds my gears.

He's said the ref never warned him before taking the point off? He was warned numerous times (it's there for everyone to see) yet he still continues that he was never told/warned.

Then there was the big about Peterson coming in low with his head and Khan was complaining/looking to the ref (he might have had a valid point) but when it became obvious the ref was't going to do anything why didn't Khan using his boxing skills/I.Q? Step back and throw an uppercut?

My main issue with him is his arrogance and his lack of boxing I.Q.

The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:But he's different than everybody else...People from his ethnic origin aren't exactly very popular over here at the moment..(sad but true)

Whether he likes it or not he has to be more mature than others....because some people don't really need an excuse to dislike him..and ideally he needs to show class and unite.....

Unfortunately his origin is a blessing and a stone round his neck at the same time..

logistics are different for him..

why bring race into it? the guy is a complete lemon. he calls out mayweather and expects us to seriously think he will beat him. the guy is so arrogant and hopefully this loss will kick his ego. He struggles to beat bums (mcloskey). he fights fighters who are made for him (malinaggi). Always talks about how much money he is making and that no matter who he fights he is ppv material.

his race has nothing to do with me not liking him.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:47 pm

He never struggled to beat McCloskey he won every round up until the stoppage.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sweet Science UK Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:13 am

I don't think he fights fighters who are made for him. He's fought Maidana & Peterson (two very good pressure fighters, Peterson is a very very good boxer but doesn't have much power; where Maidana is raw power).

I do think that is one thing that you can't level at Khan. McCloskey he struggled to look good; that was all. Not many fighters would look good against McCloskey; he has a very awkward style. It's sort of like fighting B-Hop; you're rarely going to look good fighting him.
The Sweet Science UK
The Sweet Science UK

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:22 am

news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/16502041.stm

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:28 am

lovely_london wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:But he's different than everybody else...People from his ethnic origin aren't exactly very popular over here at the moment..(sad but true)

Whether he likes it or not he has to be more mature than others....because some people don't really need an excuse to dislike him..and ideally he needs to show class and unite.....

Unfortunately his origin is a blessing and a stone round his neck at the same time..

why bring race into it? the guy is a complete lemon. he calls out mayweather and expects us to seriously think he will beat him. the guy is so arrogant and hopefully this loss will kick his ego. He struggles to beat bums (mcloskey). he fights fighters who are made for him (malinaggi). Always talks about how much money he is making and that no matter who he fights he is ppv material.

He calls out Mayweather, ok so calling out most peoples P4P number 1 is ok for Hatton to do, but not Khan, he doesn't have NO chance. He won every round against McCloskey, want to watch that fight again/ Malignaggi was a name in the US and it was to capture more publicity, throughout your career you're going to end up facing a few guys that are made for you, you're not going to face guys that have the perfect style to beat you every fight, Maidana wasn't made for him was he? His last fight wasn't PPV... How often does he talk about how much money he is making, he has said he has enough to retire on now, that's about it.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:43 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
lovely_london wrote:

He calls out Mayweather, ok so calling out most peoples P4P number 1 is ok for Hatton to do, but not Khan, he doesn't have NO chance. He won every round against McCloskey, want to watch that fight again/ Malignaggi was a name in the US and it was to capture more publicity, throughout your career you're going to end up facing a few guys that are made for you, you're not going to face guys that have the perfect style to beat you every fight, Maidana wasn't made for him was he? His last fight wasn't PPV... How often does he talk about how much money he is making, he has said he has enough to retire on now, that's about it.

Hatton was unified LWW champ, something Khan isnt. Hatton was a far more deserving challenger than Khan.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:12 pm

I support Khan 100 % in his fights and I like to watch him fight. I guess that makes me a fan.

Calling out Mayweather was perfectly appropriate. Prior to the Peterson fight he was arguably the best LWW in the world and arguably more likely to topple Mayweather than Hatton was. Mayweather fights at around the same weight. Anything other than calling him out would be bizarre.

The fact he's hard to listen to and is clearly not the sharpest tool in the box is irrelevant to me. As a middle aged father of three, I am hardly going to relate to him on a personal level. I appreciate the entertainment he provides as a professional sportsman and the fact he's British and a former Olympian makes him I suppose relevant.

I guess I'm trying to say that you don't have to like / relate to a boxer on a personal level to support them.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:20 pm

As iv said before I think he comes across ok. A little bit thick at times but he wants to fight the best and hates losing so good on him

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:41 pm

johnson2 wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:
lovely_london wrote:

Hatton was unified LWW champ, something Khan isnt. Hatton was a far more deserving challenger than Khan.

He WAS unified LWW Champion however when he was calling him out, since he has lost to Peterson how many times has he called out Mayweather? Most people had him Number 1 LWW on the planet, pretty much the same sitaution with Hatton/Witter and Khan/Bradley with Hatton going for Mayweather and Khan going for Mayweather.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:36 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:
johnson2 wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:
lovely_london wrote:

He WAS unified LWW Champion however when he was calling him out, since he has lost to Peterson how many times has he called out Mayweather? Most people had him Number 1 LWW on the planet, pretty much the same sitaution with Hatton/Witter and Khan/Bradley with Hatton going for Mayweather and Khan going for Mayweather.

Calling out mayweather was a joke. No one took him seriously. The guy even said in some interviews that he wll fight mayweather in 2012 or 2013 as he believes he can beat him then ( i guess hes hping mayweather would be too old).

It's utter nonsense to suggest racism is the reason he is disliked. Plenty of asians dislike him.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:47 pm

A lot of people took Khan seriously when he was calling Mayweather out, before the Peterson fight it was seen as a very good fight for PBF to take.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:48 pm

lovely_london wrote:It's utter nonsense to suggest racism is the reason he is disliked. Plenty of asians dislike him.

Thats because some people hate to see their own do well. You get it in all countries and cultures

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:08 pm

Steffan wrote:
lovely_london wrote:It's utter nonsense to suggest racism is the reason he is disliked. Plenty of asians dislike him.

Thats because some people hate to see their own do well. You get it in all countries and cultures

Would Khan beat Ortiz or Bradley? I think he would struggle against these two guys and they are way below mayweathers level.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:09 pm

It's a style thing.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:10 pm

lovely_london wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Would Khan beat Ortiz or Bradley? I think he would struggle against these two guys and they are way below mayweathers level.

I think he would beat both

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:13 pm

Steffan wrote:

khans background has brought him extra fans and extra detractors, but he has been better supported by the media and has a larger following than most british boxers could ever wish for, so i dont think he should have too many complaints about that.

I have to say hes shown himself to be a bad loser after the peterson fight, but its all in the name of business. hes trying to discredit petersons victory in order to help preserve his own stock.

I would say that golden boy have shown themselves to be rather unlikeable over the past year though, they just seem like rich bullies to me, and them backing khan have made him come accross far from humble. hes had the celebrity lifestyle, the celebrity trainer and the celebrity promoter, but it just shows money cant buy you everything, especially when your ownly ambition is to make more of it.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by lovely_london Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Steffan wrote:
lovely_london wrote:
Steffan wrote:

You probably thought he would beat peterson too.

lovely_london

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:39 am

lovely_london wrote:
Steffan wrote:
lovely_london wrote:
Steffan wrote:

You probably thought he would beat peterson too.

Yes I did as it goes. So did most fans as well as all the bookmakers. Thats boxing for you mate

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:19 am

Interesting comments from Petersen's manager re. Khan, hardly speak well of Khan's chances of securing a rematch on the back of his actions post fight, found his comment about Khan's inability to adjust about as sensible comment I have heard during this whole nonsense.

Barry Hunter, who is also Peterson’s trainer, said his fighter is disappointed with the “unprofessional manner” of Khan’s complaints.

“Khan blames everyone and everything but his performance and lack of ability to make adjustments in the ring for his loss,” Hunter said in a statement.

“He claims that the ring announcer privately stated he won, then that the referee’s discretionary actions should be overruled, then a mystery man in a black hat with no association to the Peterson camp somehow affected the outcome of the bout, and also that the judges did not score the bout correctly. Each claim is boldly false.

“We will not let these foul tactics take away from Lamont’s hard work, dedication and monumental victory.”

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:26 am

Amen to that....

Very disrespectful to Petersen hasn't he....Whatever the outcome it was superb and gutsy performance by a guy with half his talent!!!

Khan has no class and I'm afraid that is that!!!

Blaming him but maybe I shouldn't...seeing how much trouble the Pakistani cricket team and management have caused over the years....maybe arrogance is part of the culture..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2