The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted!

+15
sparky marky
Mind the windows Tino.
bhb001
The Boss
davidemore
John Bloody Wayne
spencerclarke
Steffan
Rowley
88Chris05
Union Cane
AlexHuckerby
Redrage
OasisBFC
Seanusarrilius
19 posters

Go down

Froch or Bute in the Canada

Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted! Vote_lcap12%Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted! Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 5 ]
Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted! Vote_lcap17%Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted! Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 7 ]
Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted! Vote_lcap0%Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted! Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted! Vote_lcap56%Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted! Vote_rcap 56% 
[ 23 ]
Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted! Vote_lcap15%Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted! Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 41

Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted! Empty Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted!

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:03 pm

So, many of our community see this as an invetible win for Bute, let us poll it and get some idea of what we are talking about here. I am going froch late KO. You heard me! This is for the 1st fight in Canada.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted! Empty Re: Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted!

Post by OasisBFC Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:08 pm

ive gone for froch win but he needs to absolutely dominate for that to happen in canada.

hopefully it wont be in canada.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted! Empty Re: Froch v Bute Poll: I want you guys counted!

Post by Redrage Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:09 pm

I'd like to think that Froch can stop him, but Bute is something of an unknown in that he has never been out of his comfort zone and it is hard to gauge just how good he is. He looks the sort that could beat Froch on points, a little younger and faster with greater work rate. I think Kessler and Ward have shown that is how to tackle him and get the result. It is a great fight, it is one that people want to see and two exciting fighters.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:09 pm

Bute Points, just can't see it any other way, don't think Froch really has the power, and going off his last performance seemed very slow...

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:10 pm

Sad to say I can only see it ending one way, with a Bute points win. I'd love to be wrong but I can't see it.

Can't see the second fight ever happening either, but that's a different topic altogether.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:11 pm

Alex, sadly you may be right, but in my moment of patriotism, i go Froch late KO. But points is very likely for Bute

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:12 pm

Union Cane wrote:Sad to say I can only see it ending one way, with a Bute points win. I'd love to be wrong but I can't see it.

Can't see the second fight ever happening either, but that's a different topic altogether.

Agree but I feel it may be a bit pointless also.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:13 pm

Though I don't expect it to be anything approaching one way traffic, the sensible money is Bute on points, which is what I've plumped for here, particularly as Froch no longer having 'champion' status means that he's likely to lose any rounds which are too close to call. Shouldn't necessarily be that way, of course, but let's not pretend that such a way of thinking doesn't creep in to the minds of judges.

The biggest problem for me is how slow a starter Froch is. A common theme in his fights - Taylor, Kessler, Johnson, for instance - is that he simply lets his opponent build up a lead early on, or at the very least lets them get a foothold they shouldn't really have. A near carbon copy of the Kessler fight wouldn't surprise me at all, with Froch looking increasingly dangerous as the fight wears on but simply leaving himself too much to do.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:14 pm

I voted for Froch by knock out, am not sure what I am basing that on as I am not certain I have ever seen Bute fight, but am not picking anyone called Lucien, also met Froch and he is a nice bloke.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:15 pm

rowley wrote:I voted for Froch by knock out, am not sure what I am basing that on as I am not certain I have ever seen Bute fight, but am not picking anyone called Lucien, also met Froch and he is a nice bloke.

You don't half crack me up.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:15 pm

It'll be interesting to see how many different pronunciations we hear in the build up to Bute / Beaut / Boo-tay / Beautay versus Froch / Frotch / Frock / Froasch.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:15 pm

Love to say it....Bute on points Smile

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:17 pm

88Chris05 wrote:he's likely to lose any rounds which are too close to call. Shouldn't necessarily be that way, of course, but let's not pretend that such a way of thinking doesn't creep in to the minds of judges.

Shocked

Christopher, Christopher, after all the scorn you poured over me for suggesting such a thing had happened with Helenius / Chisora!
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Tue 10 Jan 2012, 7:30 pm

I wanted to go for Froch on points as I think in a neutral venue his actions would merit a win but on Canadian soil I'l edging towards a Bute split or mixed decision (hangs head in shame for lack of patriotism)

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 10 Jan 2012, 8:36 pm

Bute looked sharp last time out, but Froch mixes with world class fight after fight so this won't even be a step up for him. It's a massive step up for Bute and I'm not convinced by him. Only the very best have troubled Froch, Bute was - if we're honest - stopped in the 12th by Andrade.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:20 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Bute looked sharp last time out, but Froch mixes with world class fight after fight so this won't even be a step up for him. It's a massive step up for Bute and I'm not convinced by him. Only the very best have troubled Froch, Bute was - if we're honest - stopped in the 12th by Andrade.

He brought the late knock down on himself trying to take Andrade out and if he has learned from it, then I wouldn't read too much into it. It does show he is beatable if hurt, but he dismantled Andrade in the rematch and he had never been down before he fought Bute twice. A bigger problem I see is Froch taking needless punches, this is an area he has never learned from. Ward summed it up nicely, 'you get no points for taking punches'.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:23 pm

FROCHY BABY!!!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:32 pm

Come on Bute. Give everybody present and drop this chump Cool

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:45 pm

Froch late KO when behind on points. Blind optimism on my part I think as I'm hoping Froch can turn the clock back. Going on his last few fights I can't see it but we'll go with the glass half full voew here.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Wed 11 Jan 2012, 8:56 am

Bute on points and I would love to be wrong. I think Froch is moving towards gate keeper status i.e. you will have to beat him to be considered amongest the very best in the world. On the night, I will be definitely be cheering for Froch

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:06 am

I have also gone for Bute on points. I would love for Carl to win but he has had a tough run of fights and looked a little below par against Ward, albeit a very talented Ward, and I can see Bute building up a early lead in front of his vociferous fans and surviving a late rally from the Cobra to win by a good few rounds.

I desperately want Carl to win though, more than ever, because my wife is Canadian and it would annoy her intensely if her favourite Romanian lost.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:12 am

Tino does your wife even know who Bute is?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:21 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Tino does your wife even know who Bute is?

Yep. They are a bit short of sporting hero's in Canada who aren't just bad tempered ice skaters. A decent boxer, even though he is about as Canadian as a Romanian can be, is a special moment for her.

I think she fancies him as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:39 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Tino does your wife even know who Bute is?

Yep. They are a bit short of sporting hero's in Canada who aren't just bad tempered ice skaters. A decent boxer, even though he is about as Canadian as a Romanian can be, is a special moment for her.

I think she fancies him as well.

He is a good looking chap to be fair.

Last edited by AlexHuckerby on Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:43 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:
He is a good looking chap to be fair.

He is dreamy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by sparky marky Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:02 am

Bute via a wide UD.

I think Bute is faster, with better movement and workrate, and will outbox Froch rather easily.
Hopefully i'll be proved massively wrong and Froch wipes him out in round 1.

Head= Froch Heart= Bute

sparky marky

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:20 am

Bute by a comfortable decision, not as comfortable as Ward but maybe will be in the judges scorecards.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Wed 11 Jan 2012, 7:20 pm

I cant believe so many people think Bute will win this who has he fought? He is a stay at home fighter who has not fought any of the best guys Froch has fought the best. Yes he has lost but tbh I think Bute would get destroyed by Ward and Kessler he is not on their level.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 11 Jan 2012, 8:11 pm

If Andrade can drop Bute - and beat Bute in the minds of everyone but the referee (or have we all forgotten that "long count" fight - Froch can certianly do the same.

However - what shape is Froch in? Against Ward he couldn't get his punches off - however, a lot of credit there goes to Ward. Bute isn't as tight defensively as Ward - however he's about as quick and arguably has a bit more power.

Interesting fight, I'm looking forward to it.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:19 am

Sometimes I feel that Froch's strong level of opposition in recent years glitters over the fact that he's quite a limited fighter.

Bute is the better boxer and should win as long as he avoids getting caught in a brawl.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Thu 12 Jan 2012, 10:13 pm

J.Benson II wrote:Sometimes I feel that Froch's strong level of opposition in recent years glitters over the fact that he's quite a limited fighter.

Bute is the better boxer and should win as long as he avoids getting caught in a brawl.

I think you are being harsh on Froch there he was not at his best against Ward he said this himslef after the fight. His gameplan was wrong and he didnt use the jab enough or put his shots together well enough. I think there should be a rematch in Britain where Froch can win he says he knows what he did wrong and once he destroys Bute and takes his belt then he should fight Ward again to see who is the unified champ.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down