The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather Twitters Asking Pac To Fight, Bob Strikes Again

+13
AlexHuckerby
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
manos de piedra
OasisBFC
ShahenshahG
The genius of PBF
Imperial Ghosty
TRUSSMAN66
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
TopHat24/7
davidemore
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mayweather Twitters Asking Pac To Fight, Bob Strikes Again Empty Mayweather Twitters Asking Pac To Fight, Bob Strikes Again

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:09 pm

This is really annoying me guys. Bob is at it again, stifling the biggest fight in a decade after Floyd went on Twitter and asked Manny to fight him May 5th! And i don't like Floyd and i am in HIS corner this time!!!!!

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-ready-mayweather-arum-jabs-golden-boy--48344

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Mayweather Twitters Asking Pac To Fight, Bob Strikes Again Empty Re: Mayweather Twitters Asking Pac To Fight, Bob Strikes Again

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:12 pm

Pity Floyd wasn't so keen pre JMM, too busy jabbering on about blood tests and telling Manny where he can and can't train.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Mayweather Twitters Asking Pac To Fight, Bob Strikes Again Empty Re: Mayweather Twitters Asking Pac To Fight, Bob Strikes Again

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:16 pm

Regardless he is now Tophat. And if they get in the ring believe me i want Manny to win. Although i feel Floyd has too much and is too big, slick and defensively brilliant, the swine...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:18 pm

Same blood test rules still stand it's just that Manny says he will take the tests now. Floyd is just putting the boot in. He knows it isn't going to happen but he is also smart enough to know peoples opinions on who is to blame are not as split any more.

Remember Floyd hates Bob Arum and Manny so will have a pop at any opportunity he gets and they are giving him loads of opportunities these days.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:21 pm

Why should Manny fight at Floyd's convenience would be the devil's advocates response.....

However both are making huge money without eachother so it's hard to see with all the big-heads involved an agreement being made at the moment..

still think it happens but not on May 5.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:23 pm

Marquez happened yet again Truss, Pacquiao unlike Mayweather now knows he's beatable and needs to cash in as soon as possible before he loses to anyone else.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:24 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Pity Floyd wasn't so keen pre JMM, too busy jabbering on about blood tests and telling Manny where he can and can't train.

Mayweather signed the contract to fight Pacquiao and Pacquiao walked away to fight the mighty Clottey...When did Mayweather tell Pacquiao where to train?...Oh wait that was one of Bob Arum's excuses to not make the fight.

Boxing needs the best drug testing available...Boxers put their lives on the line so why not have the best testing available to catch out the cheats?...I guess you think there shouldn't be any testing for athletes right? Or cyclists?

Why would someone walk away from a 100m fight because they dont want to take the test...Marquez exposed Pacquiao before so why you assuming Mayweather ducked Pacquiao pre Marquez 3...Getting in your excuses once Mayweather beats Pacquiao I reckon.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:25 pm

Exactly, he's saying it now because it's irrelevant.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:26 pm

Pac, i hate to admit it, looks like the dodger now. I think Floyd simply sees a decline in Pac of late, Shane, JMM. I think he knows he can beat him easily now, and i think he is pushing for those reasons. Arum is stalling as he is papping his pants that he might not be able to drain his cash cow. It's Pac's PPV that will suffer if this fight doesn't happen May 5th, not Floyds. And then when it comes to 50-50 splits next time round.... roll out the numbers Floyd...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:27 pm

Good points all...but these things are rarely ever black and white boys..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:28 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Pity Floyd wasn't so keen pre JMM, too busy jabbering on about blood tests and telling Manny where he can and can't train.

Mayweather signed the contract to fight Pacquiao and Pacquiao walked away to fight the mighty Clottey...When did Mayweather tell Pacquiao where to train?...Oh wait that was one of Bob Arum's excuses to not make the fight.

Boxing needs the best drug testing available...Boxers put their lives on the line so why not have the best testing available to catch out the cheats?...I guess you think there shouldn't be any testing for athletes right? Or cyclists?

Why would someone walk away from a 100m fight because they dont want to take the test...Marquez exposed Pacquiao before so why you assuming Mayweather ducked Pacquiao pre Marquez 3...Getting in your excuses once Mayweather beats Pacquiao I reckon.

Blah blah blah. Take your tongue out his arris, it's as tedious as this fiasco of a fight.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:28 pm

Replace Bob Arum with Don King and this fight would have happened straight after Pacquiao beat Cotto.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:29 pm

Replace anyone with Arum and this fight gets made...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:30 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:

Blah blah blah. Take your tongue out his arris, it's as tedious as this fiasco of a fight.

Blah because you got no comeback...Now show me a link where Mayweather tellls Pacquiao where to train?...Hey at least im not blinded by the truth which is Bob Arum has always stopped the fight happening.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:32 pm

I think people are being harsh on Arum. Yes it's his fault but lets not kid on he is the only promoter who would do this. No promoter with the exception of King would want to make this fight if they were in Aums shoes. GBP certainly wouldn't
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:32 pm

Why is pacquaio now willing to take the tests though?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:34 pm

Ask Tophat

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:34 pm

Because the reaction he got from the fans for not being willing to take the test.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:34 pm

I was asking tophat

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:34 pm

Don King isn't blame-less........Spinks accused Tyson of ducking him when he was doing the rounds against Tubbs, Holmes and Biggs and the like!!!

People have short memories..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:36 pm

SRR

Don't think people are being too harsh on Arum at all, GBP would have made it happen as would 95% of promoters, they would have made it at a time where a loss for either fighter is so debilitating as it is now.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:37 pm

True but Don King knew how to make average fights look like exciting 50-50s and good fights into star fights. He would have turned this fight into the apocalypse and they'd probably have ended up with even more than the 100 million figure being bandied about now.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:37 pm

He may not be blameless for this sort of thing but he did in general make the big fights happen. King gave the fans what they wanted. He treatied fighters like dirt but was good to the fans. Big fights and stacked cards is what people want and that's what King gave them.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:38 pm

sweeping statement...In a fight between the two p4p champs...I'm sure Golden boy would've struggled with both sides demands..

You're being overly optimistic there matey..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:40 pm

SugarRayRussell wrote:He may not be blameless for this sort of thing but he did in general make the big fights happen. King gave the fans what they wanted. He treatied fighters like dirt but was good to the fans. Big fights and stacked cards is what people want and that's what King gave them.

He made big fights happen when he promoted both fighters...Exactly like Don King

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:43 pm

Arum makes big fights happen when he OWNS both fighters, we all know this. And i believe GBP WOULD make the fight with Floyd, they put all their other fighters in with him because they know it makes sense. It raises the stock of their other fighters in the long run too, and Pac and Floyd aint gonna be kings forever. Furthermore, PAc answers his people, he is meant to be a man of the people, the people put him in congress, the people made him a star. Now i hope he tells Bob to put this fight together, as Bob is the only one in his team who doesn't want it.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:44 pm

I can see how Arum irritates....but I don't think he's any worse than King..

Remember how he screwed Witherspoon over..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:48 pm

King made big fights though, King loved to make big fights, he didn't care who got trampled on in the process... Bob isn't doing it because he has a heart of gold, that's for sure...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:48 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:SRR

Don't think people are being too harsh on Arum at all, GBP would have made it happen as would 95% of promoters, they would have made it at a time where a loss for either fighter is so debilitating as it is now.

I'm judging GBP by the standards they have set and they are just as protective as Arum is of there fighters.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:50 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Why is pacquaio now willing to take the tests though?

No idea, didn't even realise he'd changed his mind all of a sudden. Don't care either, this is boring now, should've happened years ago and both sides are at fault for it not happening.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:51 pm

They're nowhere near as protective of their fighters, if they were Khan wouldn't have gone anywhere near Maidana for instance, nor would they get him fighting in Petersons backyard.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:52 pm

LOOK AT TODAYS FACTS!!!!!! MAYWEATHER WANTS THE FIGHT, BOB IS REFUSING AND LOOK AT THE ARTICLE I LINKED, REFUSING TO LEAVE MONEY ON THE TABLE... SAID IN HIS CAREFULLY CRAFTED LAWYER TONGUE!!!!!

GBP WOULD HAVE THIS MADE BY NOW. TOP RANK ARE LIVING UP TO THEIR NAME, RANK!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:53 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:Why is pacquaio now willing to take the tests though?

No idea, didn't even realise he'd changed his mind all of a sudden. Don't care either, this is boring now, should've happened years ago and both sides are at fault for it not happening.

So when did Mayweather tell Pacquiao where to train?

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:53 pm

Maidana is a GBP fighter. Peterson they underestimated. Everyone Surrounding Khan seemed to. Broner, Wilder and Garcia have been heavily protected.

Last edited by SugarRayRussell on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:54 pm

I agree that Goldenboy is more of a Boxing fan than Arum and is better for the sport..

But Floyd has a great ego and it's folly to say GB would be able to set up this fight...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:56 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:

I have no interest ploughing back through the googlesphere to dig up something that was widely enough reported and common knowledge at the time, am not some sad obsessive pretending to be boxer who's my hero despite being a wifebeating gangster wannabe. Alongside all the testing business the Mayweather camp then decided to come up with clap-trap about how Manny wasn't allowed to train in the Philippines as they didn't trust what went on their or the anti-doping angencies out there.

Blah because you got no comeback...Now show me a link where Mayweather tellls Pacquiao where to train?...Hey at least im not blinded by the truth which is Bob Arum has always stopped the fight happening.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:57 pm

davidemore wrote:LOOK AT TODAYS FACTS!!!!!! MAYWEATHER WANTS THE FIGHT, BOB IS REFUSING AND LOOK AT THE ARTICLE I LINKED, REFUSING TO LEAVE MONEY ON THE TABLE... SAID IN HIS CAREFULLY CRAFTED LAWYER TONGUE!!!!!

GBP WOULD HAVE THIS MADE BY NOW. TOP RANK ARE LIVING UP TO THEIR NAME, RANK!

Top Rank are scheisters, is that meant to be news??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:58 pm

Sugar Broner is too green for you to be saying that and is progressing very well. What an awful example. And going to Petersons backyard to fight him was admirable by GBP.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:00 pm

Tophat people actually think Bob isn't to blame? That IS news to me. It's terrible news!

Goosen puts his star in the super six, Di Bellla begs for big fights for Martinez and GBP send their golden boy into the backyard of a dangerous opponent!

Think about that.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:01 pm

Admirable... because it guaranteed a full house and he thought Petersen was a tomato can???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:04 pm

davidemore wrote:Sugar Broner is too green for you to be saying that and is progressing very well. What an awful example. And going to Petersons backyard to fight him was admirable by GBP.

To green? Look at the bum he fought for his World Title. They fought Khan would easily beat Peterson. Most people did.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm

SugarRayRussell wrote:Maidana is a GBP fighter. Peterson they underestimated. Everyone Surrounding Khan seemed to. Broner, Wilder and Garcia have been heavily protected.

Broner has fought Ponce De Leon and Litzau, hardly protecting him as for Wilder and Garcia they are still relative novices. Maidana is a GBP fighter but Khan is the one who makes them money, they could have kept them apart if they wished but they made the fight happen. There is one common them in most of the big fights not happening and that is Bob Arum, Martinez can't get fights because of him, Gamboa and Lopez has yet to happen because of him.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm

I didn't call him that and if i did i was misquoted. Don't think i ever said that though. I like Peterson, nice guy and solid boxer, a throw back to me, and WILLING. He gets a home fight for once, good, he had to spend time on the road for several fights. Khan could have had 20000 in England TRUSS, and at least 6000 in Vegas. Peterson only did 9000 not electric.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:06 pm

davidemore wrote:Tophat people actually think Bob isn't to blame? That IS news to me. It's terrible news!

Goosen puts his star in the super six, Di Bellla begs for big fights for Martinez and GBP send their golden boy into the backyard of a dangerous opponent!

Think about that.

Think about what? Nothing posted above, or in the OP, is new or changes anything. Arum is still a scum-bag protecting his cash-cow, I'm not disputing that at all.

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:06 pm

Here here Imperial ghosty!!!!!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:07 pm

SugarRayRussell wrote:
davidemore wrote:Sugar Broner is too green for you to be saying that and is progressing very well. What an awful example. And going to Petersons backyard to fight him was admirable by GBP.

To green? Look at the bum he fought for his World Title. They fought Khan would easily beat Peterson. Most people did.

A lot of experts actually said it would be a close fight...They put Ortiz in with Peterson and it was a draw so why would they underestimate him? Whistle

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm

Good Tophat, but we are the die hard fans, WE need to put pressure on the media to make this happen. WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD!!!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm

SugarRayRussell wrote:

Bernard Hopkins?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:08 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:Maidana is a GBP fighter. Peterson they underestimated. Everyone Surrounding Khan seemed to. Broner, Wilder and Garcia have been heavily protected.

Broner has fought Ponce De Leon and Litzau, hardly protecting him as for Wilder and Garcia they are still relative novices. Maidana is a GBP fighter but Khan is the one who makes them money, they could have kept them apart if they wished but they made the fight happen. There is one common them in most of the big fights not happening and that is Bob Arum, Martinez can't get fights because of him, Gamboa and Lopez has yet to happen because of him.

Gamboa and Lopez would have happened later but it backfired on him.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:10 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:

A lot of experts actually said it would be a close fight...They put Ortiz in with Peterson and it was a draw so why would they underestimate him? Whistle

I agree , why would Amir underestimate him? Such a lame thing to say when a fighter loses. He underestimated him, no he didn't, he lost, Amir couldn't adapt and he lost.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next