The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather Twitters Asking Pac To Fight, Bob Strikes Again

+13
AlexHuckerby
Mind the windows Tino.
Rowley
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
manos de piedra
OasisBFC
ShahenshahG
The genius of PBF
Imperial Ghosty
TRUSSMAN66
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
TopHat24/7
davidemore
17 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Mayweather Twitters Asking Pac To Fight, Bob Strikes Again - Page 2 Empty Mayweather Twitters Asking Pac To Fight, Bob Strikes Again

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 9:09 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is really annoying me guys. Bob is at it again, stifling the biggest fight in a decade after Floyd went on Twitter and asked Manny to fight him May 5th! And i don't like Floyd and i am in HIS corner this time!!!!!

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-ready-mayweather-arum-jabs-golden-boy--48344

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Mayweather Twitters Asking Pac To Fight, Bob Strikes Again - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather Twitters Asking Pac To Fight, Bob Strikes Again

Post by OasisBFC Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:13 pm

manny should man up to arum and say he wants the fight.

he cant be forced to fight anyone he doesnt want to. manny thinks he is the best boxer in the world and surrounds himself with a team of yes men - it would kill him when someone tells him he cant do something.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Mayweather Twitters Asking Pac To Fight, Bob Strikes Again - Page 2 Empty Re: Mayweather Twitters Asking Pac To Fight, Bob Strikes Again

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:15 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:
SugarRayRussell wrote:Maidana is a GBP fighter. Peterson they underestimated. Everyone Surrounding Khan seemed to. Broner, Wilder and Garcia have been heavily protected.

Broner has fought Ponce De Leon and Litzau, hardly protecting him as for Wilder and Garcia they are still relative novices. Maidana is a GBP fighter but Khan is the one who makes them money, they could have kept them apart if they wished but they made the fight happen. There is one common them in most of the big fights not happening and that is Bob Arum, Martinez can't get fights because of him, Gamboa and Lopez has yet to happen because of him.

DeLeon has seen better days and is never a super featherweight. Litzau is nothing more than decent. Wilder won a bronze medal at the Olympics and has been fed 20 bums since turning pro.

Khan forced the issue with Maidana him and Schaefer have said that in the past. Khan knew he would have been accused of ducking maidana because he could punch. As for Gamboa vs Lopez I was hugely disappointed that never happened but even though Bob put off the fight Lopez has had a lot of personal troubles or it probably would have happened by now. It looks like Gamboa vs Rios is going to happen and that looks even better.

As for holding Martinez back any promoter would do the same if you are talking about Chavez. Chavez can't beat Martinez and Martinez isn't a name that attracts the cash. Arum has a cash cow in Chavez no good promoter would make that fight if they promoted Chavez. Martinez is unlucky he's a sort of who needs him kind of fighter. Great fighter but no real draw in terms of fans.

For the record I can't stand Arum I just don't think he's any worse than most other promoters it's just that he has more power.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:15 pm

oasis, recently i have become annoyed at how Manny is constantly obsessing over himself on HBO 24/7. Watching his own movies and treating his staff like toys is a bit sad i admit. Still a Manny fan though.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:17 pm

Litzau had just beaten the very dangerous Caballero, think you're doing him a disservice saying he's nothing more than decent.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:18 pm

sugar chavez jr is a joke and stole the title. he needs to step up or off. he's made enough money already.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm

davidemore wrote:oasis, recently i have become annoyed at how Manny is constantly obsessing over himself on HBO 24/7. Watching his own movies and treating his staff like toys is a bit sad i admit. Still a Manny fan though.

im with you. his entourage seems bigger than the money team!
watching his own movies, appearing on every chat show and ignoring freddy's advice not to appear at certain events etc. something tells me manny believes his own hype and isnt all smiley as he comes across.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:25 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Litzau had just beaten the very dangerous Caballero, think you're doing him a disservice saying he's nothing more than decent.

No doubt his win over Caballerro was a great win. Aside from that he has never reeally impressed me when I have seen him. My main point was all promoters protect their fighters just because Manny vs Floyd isn't happening doesn't mean Bob Arum is the only one doing it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:27 pm

davidemore wrote:sugar chavez jr is a joke and stole the title. he needs to step up or off. he's made enough money already.

Mate I'm not debating that. I'm a fan like you I want to see him tested. Look at it from Arums point of view he's a businessman not a fan. First rule of being successful in business is take the lowest risk with the highest reward.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:28 pm

But the highest reward is usually the highest risk.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:28 pm

oasis, the world isn't perfect for manny, that's a fact. he is obsessed with himself, fact. well, JMM was humbling that's for sure.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:28 pm

risk and reward imperial so true!!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:34 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:But the highest reward is usually the highest risk.

Not always though. Martinez adds no real extra cash to the Chavez fight. Chavez will probably earn the same for fighting Rubio and more importantly so will Arum.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:42 pm

exactly, that money grabbing fiend Arum!!!!! Respectfully!!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:43 pm

But that's a promoters job to make as much money for him and his fighters as possible. Arum and GBP are at the top because they are better at it than guys like DiBella and Goossen.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:45 pm

Sugar they have a responsibility to the fans to make big fights too, and this WOULD be Manny's biggest pay day, fact.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:47 pm

http://www.secondsout.com/columns/thomas-hauser/mayweather-pacquiao-peds-and-boxing

For tophat...Good article

John Ruiz notes, “The only sport in which steroids can kill someone other than the person using them is boxing. You’re stronger when you use steroids. You’re quicker and faster. If a baseball player uses steroids, he hits more home runs. So what? I’m not saying that it’s right, but you’re not putting anyone else at risk. When a fighter is juiced, it’s dangerous. People go crazy about the effect that steroids have when a bat hits a ball. What about when a fist hits a head?”

clap

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:53 pm

davidemore wrote:Sugar they have a responsibility to the fans to make big fights too, and this WOULD be Manny's biggest pay day, fact.

They have a responsibility to put on fights that fans will pay for that's as far as it goes. It would be Mannys biggest pay day no doubt. He could earn just as much having 2 easy fights because Arum knows he loses to Floyd.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jan 2012, 10:58 pm

Two easy fights doesn't bring in near the money one fight with Mayweather would, people underestimate how much revenue his fights make in comparison. He personally makes almost twice as much with one fight than Pacquiao does in two.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:02 pm

I don't mean easy like Matthew Hatton I mean easy like Ortiz, Berto, Peterson, Bradley etc...

Long term Bob Arum makes more money out of Pacquiao if this fight doesn't happen and he can keep it all in house. He knows what most people know Pacquiao can't beat Mayweather.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:03 pm

here here imperial.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:04 pm

Mayweather against Mosley generated far more money than the two Pacquiao fights of the same year.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:04 pm

sugar that's an opinion that can only be confirmed if... wait for it... ready? they fight!!!!!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:08 pm

Haha

Fair enough but it's the main reason I feel it's not happened. If Arum or GBP had both of them we would probably be looking at a trilogy now. Fact of the matter is in modern boxing it's hard to get fights if your not with one of the big 2 promoters.

Look at Marquez he wouldn't have got the Pacquiao fight if he hadn't left GBP and signed for Arum.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:14 pm

Maidana was Khans mandatory was he not?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:15 pm

True sugar but Floyd is solo and Pac is very capable of calling shots on Arum, the publicity alone would ruin him if Pac said he can't fight because of Bob.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:15 pm

@Manos

Yes he was but because both were with GBP there was a way round it but it was a fight Khan wanted.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:17 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:http://www.secondsout.com/columns/thomas-hauser/mayweather-pacquiao-peds-and-boxing

For tophat...Good article

John Ruiz notes, “The only sport in which steroids can kill someone other than the person using them is boxing. You’re stronger when you use steroids. You’re quicker and faster. If a baseball player uses steroids, he hits more home runs. So what? I’m not saying that it’s right, but you’re not putting anyone else at risk. When a fighter is juiced, it’s dangerous. People go crazy about the effect that steroids have when a bat hits a ball. What about when a fist hits a head?”

clap

John Ruiz, that famed physician, Christ Almighty..... 🤦

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:20 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:@Manos

Yes he was but because both were with GBP there was a way round it but it was a fight Khan wanted.

What way around it? Shaft Maidana? He held the interim title. If Khan didnt fight him it would have been a massive duck.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:21 pm

manos de piedra wrote:
SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:@Manos

What way around it? Shaft Maidana? He held the interim title. If Khan didnt fight him it would have been a massive duck.

Mano I don't know the way round it. Schaefer has stated it wasn't a fight they wanted for Khan it was Khan who pushed it through. Probably was shaft Maidana he's not a draw like Khan.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:22 pm

Khan has heart and fights top opponents now, GBP help make that happen and i respect that. Fact. What does Arum do? Hide Lopez, put Linaires in against a lessor fighter who loses, take Donaire and put him on the shelf for a year? Why, for money!!!!!!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:26 pm

Vazquez vs Arce?
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:30 pm

That's one...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:33 pm

Pacquiao vs Marquez, Cotto vs Margarito

He's making Vazquez vs Donaire which sounds good with the winner to fight Arce which sounds even better. Rios vs Gamboa. Ramos vs Rigondeaux. No promoter is making lots of great fights that's my point. Arum isn't the only one.

I give up because I sound as if I like the guy when I can't stand him.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:34 pm

Tophat

You got a link for Mayweather telling Pacquiao where to train?...If you cant see that the sport needs the best testing then there is no help for you. thumbsup

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:51 pm

I'm with manos,

Lot of nonsense about Khan chasing the Maidana fight.

Maidana chased the fight like crazy and team Khan made the negotiations a nightmare and Maidana made the WBA call purse bids. The fight was forced by WBA and Khan had to take it or as Manos said, he would have been labled as a major ducker. Let's not forget, Maidana was calling Khan out or over a year at the time.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 10 Jan 2012, 11:53 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I'm with manos,

Lot of nonsense about Khan chasing the Maidana fight.

Maidana chased the fight like crazy and team Khan made the negotiations a nightmare and Maidana made the WBA call purse bids. The fight was forced by WBA and Khan had to take it or as Manos said, he would have been labled as a major ducker. Let's not forget, Maidana was calling Khan out or over a year at the time.

It would have been a duck but GBP were apparently willing to do it. Schaefer said Khan wanted it and pushed for it.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 11 Jan 2012, 12:14 am

Of course it's not a duck, they fought.

And when did Schaefer's word become gospel? The fact Maidana was so vocal for so over a year on top of khans track record at being hard to deal with (and they made it really bad for Maidana) and MAIDANA forced the fight by requesting the WBA make purse bids. If Khan really really wanted it, it wouldn't have went through the process in the manor it did. Glad it happened though, was a good scrap!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:32 am

The genius of PBF wrote:Tophat

You got a link for Mayweather telling Pacquiao where to train?...If you cant see that the sport needs the best testing then there is no help for you. thumbsup

Can't believe I just peed away 5 minutes of my work day scratching your itch you tedious turd.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2011/08/mayweather-sr-pacquiao-needs-to-stay-in-the-u-s-to-take-the-drug-tests-for-mayweather-jr-fight/

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2011/08/mayweather-its-obvious-pacquiao-dont-want-to-do-it-take-the-test/

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:37 am

Is the correct expression not Mayweather tweets again rather than Mayweather twitters?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:50 am

Its a feminist plot to demasculinise boxing - they've already entrapped ODLH and they are going to hae 90 days to break mayweather

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 11 Jan 2012, 9:51 am

rowley wrote:Is the correct expression not Mayweather tweets again rather than Mayweather twitters?

Oooh, get you. Nerd.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:02 am

Regardless, usually it's Mayweather is a twit again but i want Arum gone!!!

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:03 am

davidemore wrote:Regardless, usually it's Mayweather is a twit again but i want Arum gone!!!

Hire a hitman then, jeez.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:04 am

Apologies Davide, am officially Manny and Floyded out, have reached saturation point with the whole farce and as such have and indeed had nothing to add beyond stupidity and pedantry.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:06 am

And if he doesn't get this done that is how Bob Arum will be remembered...

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by davidemore Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:06 am

Valid point Rowley, but who is responsible after yesterdays news? I think Bob.

davidemore

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:11 am

Davide I no longer care who is or isn't responsible for this fight not having happened over the last couple of years, there have been times when everyone involved has behaved like a spoilt child and has put their ego before the sport and the fans, have said it countless times but nobody involved emerges from this with even a shred of credit and I do mean nobody.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:13 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
The genius of PBF wrote:Tophat

Can't believe I just peed away 5 minutes of my work day scratching your itch you tedious turd.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2011/08/mayweather-sr-pacquiao-needs-to-stay-in-the-u-s-to-take-the-drug-tests-for-mayweather-jr-fight/

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2011/08/mayweather-its-obvious-pacquiao-dont-want-to-do-it-take-the-test/

Laugh There was a time and a place for this fight and Floyd ducked it. Truss made a thread a while back saying the only qay this fight would happen was if Pac struggled against Marquez, i agreed. If Pacquiao had blasted Marquez out in a round Floyd wouldn't be interested.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by azumah HOF Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:41 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Don King isn't blame-less........Spinks accused Tyson of ducking him when he was doing the rounds against Tubbs, Holmes and Biggs and the like!!!

People have short memories..

Just thought I'd provide an old friend a fig leaf to avoid cruel over exposure with the weather and all that..

Of course those in the know would remind u of two key facts in this bizarre claim of tyson ducking spinks..
1. Tyson fought biggs tubbs holmes then spinks in the space of 9 to ten months... Ah the good ole days!!!
2. And erm secondly King only takes over as tyson's promoter and shot caller post the defeat of spinks with clayton et al gone by then!

King was actually spinks's promoter and the shirtless wonder (forget his name) was spinks manager!
Just a point of correction for a rather bizarre claim! Cheerio and have a great day

azumah HOF

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 11 Jan 2012, 10:49 am

azumah HOF wrote:and the shirtless wonder (forget his name) was spinks manager!

Butch Lewis

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next