The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1990s Heavyweight Boxing Highlights

+9
The genius of PBF
ShahenshahG
HumanWindmill
TRUSSMAN66
J.Benson II
The Galveston Giant
Mind the windows Tino.
LivinginItaly
Steffan
13 posters

Go down

1990s Heavyweight Boxing Highlights Empty 1990s Heavyweight Boxing Highlights

Post by Steffan Thu 12 Jan - 0:53

Evander Holyfield vs Lennox Lewis 1

Evander Holyfield vs Lennox Lewis 2

Evander Holyfield vs Mike Tyson 1

Evander Holyfield vs Mike Tyson 2

Lennox Lewis vs Donovan Ruddock

Lennox Lewis vs Frank Bruno

Lennox Lewis vs Oliver McCall 1

Lennox Lewis vs Shannon Briggs

Riddick Bowe vs Evander Holyfield 1

Riddick Bowe vs Evander Holyfield 2

Riddick Bowe vs Evander Holyfield 3

Riddick Bowe vs Herbie Hide

Riddick Bowe vs Andrew Golota 2

Tommy Morrison vs Michael Bentt

Tommy Morrison vs Ray Mercer

Tommy Morrison vs Donovan Ruddock

Mike Tyson vs James Douglas

Mike Tyson vs Donovan Ruddock 1

Mike Tyson vs Frank Bruno 2

Michael Moorer vs George Foreman

Michael Moorer vs Francois Botha

Michael Moorer vs Bert Cooper

All fights are highlights and all with reasonably good quality picture and sound

Regards

Steffan

Last edited by Steffan on Fri 13 Jan - 19:38; edited 5 times in total

Steffan

Back to top Go down

1990s Heavyweight Boxing Highlights Empty Re: 1990s Heavyweight Boxing Highlights

Post by LivinginItaly Thu 12 Jan - 7:57

cheers steffan, some quality videos to watch instead of working.

LivinginItaly

Back to top Go down

1990s Heavyweight Boxing Highlights Empty Re: 1990s Heavyweight Boxing Highlights

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jan - 9:00

Good work my Welsh buddy.

When you look at this lists of fights it just highlights how dire the division is now. I watched my first fight in the late 80's and grew up watching these fights through the 90's. You have made me all misty eyed now, Steffan.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 12 Jan - 9:03

I like watching Morrison fight, Wlads chin would be quaking in it's boots.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jan - 9:04

The Galveston Giant wrote:I like watching Morrison fight, Wlads chin would be quaking in it's boots.

Old Tommy could be hit and hurt and well though, GG!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 12 Jan - 9:16

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
The Galveston Giant wrote:I like watching Morrison fight, Wlads chin would be quaking in it's boots.

He could Tino but i don't think Wlad would have the guts to try, he has a lot of confidence now though especially after Haye. Morrison/Vitali would be good.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 12 Jan - 9:31

The Galveston Giant wrote:

He could Tino but i don't think Wlad would have the guts to try, he has a lot of confidence now though especially after Haye. Morrison/Vitali would be good.

I think Wladimir v Tommy would be a slightly stretched out version of Lewis v Morrison. Wladimir would stick that long jab in his face and stay well away from that left hook, slowly busting Tommy up and stopping him late. Morrison was game but limited.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 12 Jan - 9:34

I think Wladimir v Tommy would be a slightly stretched out version of Lewis v Morrison. Wladimir would stick that long jab in his face and stay well away from that left hook, slowly busting Tommy up and stopping him late. Morrison was game but limited.

I agree but only the recent version, i think the old version would be scared stiff just thinking about his power.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 12 Jan - 10:16

Morrison had a chin that made Wlad look like McCall.
And lets not forget his fight with Foreman, in which he was so petrified of the old man's power that he ran the entire fight.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 12 Jan - 15:09

J.Benson II wrote:

And lets not forget his fight with Foreman, in which he was so petrified of the old man's power that he ran the entire fight.

Wlad doesn't have Foremans power, or Morrisons. The Wlad that fought Brewster or Sanders would get taken out by a young Morrison in a round or two. He used to be worse than Khan when he got tagged.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 12 Jan - 15:13

I stuck Morrison v Ruddock on there now fellas as well

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Jan - 15:13

For some reason I can't get hold of Tyson-Holy 1...one of my favorite fights on youtube...

Don't know why but all the others are readily acquired!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 12 Jan - 15:14

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:For some reason I can't get hold of Tyson-Holy 1...one of my favorite fights on youtube...

Don't know why but all the others are readily acquired!!

Yeah I know I was going to put it on but cant find it anywhere Truss

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Jan - 15:15

Well that's not good enough...you're an archaeologist you'll have to dig further!! Yahoo

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 12 Jan - 15:18

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Well that's not good enough...you're an archaeologist you'll have to dig further!! Yahoo

Iv heard better jokes about my chosen profession but not bad Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 12 Jan - 15:21

Iv ..............

Always thought you were a bit of a drip Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 12 Jan - 15:25

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Iv ..............

Always thought you were a bit of a drip Cool

Yes I know IT'S I'VE Truss. I use slang on here as I can never be bothered with apostrophes and that. Trust me the Microsoft Word spell checker is well and truly given good use when im doing an assignment

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 12 Jan - 15:28

Daily Motion has some of Tyson v Holy I, fellas.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 12 Jan - 15:29

HumanWindmill wrote:Daily Motion has some of Tyson v Holy I, fellas.

Im on the case OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 12 Jan - 15:38

I managed to get the stoppage for now. If I find better highlights I will upload it

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 12 Jan - 15:44

Truss its all on there. Japanese commentary though I think. Just follow my new link and it will take you to all the parts

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 12 Jan - 16:03

J.Benson II wrote:

Wlad doesn't have Foremans power, or Morrisons. The Wlad that fought Brewster or Sanders would get taken out by a young Morrison in a round or two. He used to be worse than Khan when he got tagged.

I doubt it. Have you seen how Morrison reacted whenever he got tagged? Wlad hits at least as hard as him and is physically stronger.
Morrison would have had a good punchers chance but even that weaker version of Wlad would have started off as the favourite. Morrison didnt have the durability of Brewster or the southpaw stance of Sanders.
He would have just got battered as he came in.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 12 Jan - 16:27

Watch Wlads left jab/hook earlier in his career - it would have totalled Morrison before he could throw a left hook that was instinctive rather than telegraphed - Tua probably would have done young Wlad in but not Morrison.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 12 Jan - 17:19

Not for me, Wlad was petrified to trade after the Sanders fight and was always gassing because he had so much nervous energy. Samuel Peter nearly had him out there first time round and i've no doubt Tommy would have easy, Wlad was on the mend by the time the rematch came though. Wlad knows his chin isn't great but there is no big punchers around to fear. Tommy was easy to catch because he always wanted to throw Hayemakers.
Also the guys on the list would come to win and not to pick up a paycheck.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 12 Jan - 17:27

J.Benson II wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:

I doubt it. Have you seen how Morrison reacted whenever he got tagged? Wlad hits at least as hard as him and is physically stronger.
Morrison would have had a good punchers chance but even that weaker version of Wlad would have started off as the favourite. Morrison didnt have the durability of Brewster or the southpaw stance of Sanders.
He would have just got battered as he came in.

I would say overall Wlad is stronger but not in the punching department, Wlad wears people down, Morrison put them to sleep.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 12 Jan - 17:40

Seems like people on here are forgetting Morrison took drugs and admitted this helped his punching power.

Not sure how much "natural power" he has...Agree with Benson Wladimir destroys Morrison pre sanders or not.

Wladimir hits harder than Tyson...No doubt Morrison gets put to sleep.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 12 Jan - 17:45

Maybe - but he doesnt hit as clean or sharply as Tyson - but have a look what he did to mercer - If he remained that way he would have been exciting to watch at least.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu 12 Jan - 17:55

The genius of PBF wrote:Seems like people on here are forgetting Morrison took drugs and admitted this helped his punching power.

Not sure how much "natural power" he has...Agree with Benson Wladimir destroys Morrison pre sanders or not.

Wladimir hits harder than Tyson...No doubt Morrison gets put to sleep.

So how highly do you rate Lamont Brewster? Wladimirs power comes from his size, i do not and never will believe he has more power than Tyson.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Thu 12 Jan - 18:15

I would never be able to accept Wladimir has more power than Tyson either GG,

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 12 Jan - 18:33

Tyson is the more explosive fighter so it seems like he hit harder but no doubt Wladimir is the bigger puncher of the two.

Freddie Roach who trained both Tyson and Wladimir said Wladimir had the harder one punch power...Steward says he has never seen someone with the one punch power off Wladimir.

I guess you know more than Roach or Steward though ghosty.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by The genius of PBF Thu 12 Jan - 18:34

Brewster had the durability to withstand the early Wladimir onslaught.

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Fri 13 Jan - 12:39

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAm5UblVqZ8

Full video of Mike Tyson/Evander Holyfield 1 if it hasn't been posted up there. Think it's Showtime Commentary not sure, but good American commentary. Smile

There ain't nuttin' I can't do.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 13 Jan - 12:49

J.Benson II wrote:

Klitschko was battering Brewster badly, had him on the floor for the first time in his career in round 4 too. Just totally gassed in the fifth, i don't know why but i thought he looked ill for the whole fight. Back in those days though Wlad was a lot more agressive and would look to take fighters out early, he might be scared of Morrison's power but i think TM could be put to sleep by Wlad just as easily.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Fri 13 Jan - 16:09

monty junior wrote:
J.Benson II wrote:

Klitschko was battering Brewster badly, had him on the floor for the first time in his career in round 4 too. Just totally gassed in the fifth, i don't know why but i thought he looked ill for the whole fight. Back in those days though Wlad was a lot more agressive and would look to take fighters out early, he might be scared of Morrison's power but i think TM could be put to sleep by Wlad just as easily.

That was when he claimed someone had put something in the water at his hotel, what a load of Poopie, he went for it and gassed.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by tcribb Fri 13 Jan - 17:51

Great List Steffan thanks, missed the best of the lost off in Cooper v Moorer a modern great heavyweight fight, Bowe and Golota 2 also fantastic
tcribb
tcribb

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Jan - 19:07

tcribb wrote:Great List Steffan thanks, missed the best of the lost off in Cooper v Moorer a modern great heavyweight fight, Bowe and Golota 2 also fantastic

No worries mate its off the top of my head this list I will be adding more so thaks for the recommendations

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 13 Jan - 19:38

Chaps, just a heads up.

Steffan's sterling efforts here, along with your additions, have rendered this thread something we might like to keep for reference. Therefore, I'll give it another day or two ( perhaps till the end of the weekend, ) and then move it to the ' Boxing Vault ' so that it's always easy to find in future.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Jan - 19:39

Cheers Windy. I just added tcribbs recommendations as well. Its only gonna get bigger Very Happy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 13 Jan - 19:47

Great stuff, Steffan. thumbsup

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Jan - 19:50

You know the more I watch these highlights the more I realise how good Lennox was. I have him ahead of Bowe, Holyfield and Tyson in a heavyweight list and thats not being biased as I was never a big fan anyway at the time

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 13 Jan - 19:53

That's part of the beauty of a thread like this. It gives us a chance to sample the important fighters very quickly, one after the other, instead of relying on memory of one while we watch another.

I've had my mind changed a few times by doing this sort of thing.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Jan - 19:57

It goes like this for me (in their primes ofcourse):

Lennox v Holyfield (wins it the way he did in the fights they had)

Lennox v Tyson (Rides out the early Tyson storm and takes a late TKO)

Lennox v Bowe (Tough fight but he is the busier fighter and picks up a close UD or MD)

Just my opinion but thats how I see it from these videos

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Fri 13 Jan - 20:01

I suppose I'm bound to say this, given that it's the one we never saw, but I reckon the Lewis v Bowe would have been the best of the lot.

You're a braver man than I, though, because I wouldn't put a cent on the outcome and couldn't split them, each at his best.

Maybe I need to check out your links..............

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 13 Jan - 20:04

HumanWindmill wrote:I suppose I'm bound to say this, given that it's the one we never saw, but I reckon the Lewis v Bowe would have been the best of the lot

Lewis v Bowe was the Manny v Floyd of the 90s

Everyone wanted it apart from the fighters and promoters mad

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon 16 Jan - 17:13

Transferred as promised.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 16 Jan - 20:07

HumanWindmill wrote:Transferred as promised.

Very good Windy OK

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down