The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Pre Season Season 2, Page 14

+14
Fernando
ncfc_Tooze
Beer
footballcrazy
TwisT
Marky
FIFA Diva
The Special Juan
cherriesfna
ADMIN
sodhat
Fan Gilhaus
Afro
nick_fury
18 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Pre Season Season 2, Page 14 - Page 18 Empty Furious Football Association © : HomePage Pre Season Season 2, Page 14

Post by nick_fury Fri 13 Jan 2012, 9:27 am

Last edited by nick_fury on Tue 17 Jan 2012, 4:35 pm; edited 7 times in total

nick_fury

Location : More West Coast than Viva & even further West Coast than Afro

Back to top Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Pre Season Season 2, Page 14 - Page 18 Empty Re: Furious Football Association © : HomePage Pre Season Season 2, Page 14

Post by cherriesfna Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:56 pm

looks like my tactics are improving though(due to comments), knew my FBs wernt good enough and that without any natural width i didnt want to play my central players out of position, my attack will win me games, but my defensive will lose me more
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Pre Season Season 2, Page 14 - Page 18 Empty Re: Furious Football Association © : HomePage Pre Season Season 2, Page 14

Post by cherriesfna Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:56 pm

anyway know i have heskey i will be unbeatable muhahahahahha
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:57 pm

cherriesfan wrote:well done sodhat thumbsup

cheers mate, and unlucky, seemed like a close one to everyone who read it!

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:59 pm

next week

-----------------Mandanda--------------------
Naughton------Caulker---King--------Oriol
--------------------Ganoulons-----------------Dm
-------------Ganso----------Moutinho--------CMs
---------------------Heskey--------------------CF
----------------Ade---------Doumbia----------ST

what do u guys think if i play ganso CM
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:00 pm

sodhat wrote:
cherriesfan wrote:well done sodhat thumbsup

cheers mate, and unlucky, seemed like a close one to everyone who read it!

looking forward to the return fixture in week six
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:00 pm

Well done Mac thumbsup

I will take the positives from the reasons given, and aim to improve my team in the areas mentioned. Great feedback guys thumbsup

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:00 pm

Wheres Nando, I want to laugh at him lol

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:01 pm

Cherries, with that team above I know exactly where id attack you and id be pretty confident of Cuddle in a bad way your team

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

Villarreal 1 v 1 Liverpool
(Soldado) (Gomis)

Both teams line-up well but it is a tightly contested game, Liverpool don’t trouble Villarreal much except for Walcott who has some success, meanwhile Liverpool’s strong defence and DMs shut down Villarreal and this one ends goalless

Liverpool lack a first rate CF, so will settle for one goal, but ultimately I think their pace and power through midfield and on the wings is enough to keep Villarreal off them. The Villarreal boss had it spot on I felt, but the one thing I couldn’t see was them breaking down the Liverpool defence, which is well shielded from DM too.

I think Liverpool are weaker this season. They are very solid in the centre midfield, but lack the same class in the front line as they had last year. Villarreal look well balanced this year, especially on the flanks where the more attacking FB is supported by a hard working midfielder, and the less attacking full back is behind a midfielder who won't track back as much as instructed. Feel both sets of tactics are good, but still need work.

Villarreal- well written easy to read tactics, lots of good detail have gone into them. Not a lot of players I have heard of though, but that should not go against them as how they have set up they should be able to defend and attack just as evenly as the other.
Liverpool- the 4-3-2-1 formation is used to great effect here, a well established team used to playing with each other now and this should show throughout the season, as it did in this game when they are able to

Liverpool controlled most of the game, Villarreal hit them on the break and got their goals. Liverpool not the same side as last season. Villarreal need someone dominant in the midfield who can control the possession.

I think Liverpool lack firepower and an end product. Walcott doesn't have the delivery to create chances and Villereal will profit from this.

Villareal offer more than Liverpool going forward as the Scousers are missing the cutting edge of Suarez. They are a very strong defensive unit though which will lead to a drab 0-0 with chances hard to come by for both teams.

villarel are solid and deny liverpool a win

Liverpool are not as scary a team as the previous season, but are still a threat. Liverpool will attack the FB's on a regular basis but I think Villareal's FB's are up for the challenge. In the middle, Liverpool do have the edge, with M'Vila and Vidal dictating a lot of the play. I also feel Gomis is more likely to take the chances that present themselves more than Soldado. A very edgy encounter, provides Liverpool with a slim
victory.

Lyon 3 v 2 Arsenal
(Jovetic, Bastos, Cisse)(Suarez, Modric)

Very attacking and free flowing game, two of the best teams attacking wise, the AMs for either teams run the game and arsenals wing play created many chances, arsenal were stronger defensively and had the better of play but couldn’t keep Lyon at bay

Lyon stifle Arsenal early and get a goal, but can’t hold out. Lyon were well set up and played with the perfect game plan against Arsenal, but would always find it hard to win. Arsenal possess some excellent players, and ultimately I think they would break through. Question marks over the keeper and LB for me though.

I felt that Suarez was wasted being instructed to be the poacher, when he is at his best coming deeper and running with the ball. When he did go wide, Modric was used to move into the space and this is not his game and they lost his creativity from deep. Lyon also had this covered by instructing Hudd and Biglia to cover should this happen. Lyon had good pace at the back which helped a lot against this Arsenal side who were fast, but contained minimal physical strength. Both sides had good tactics, expecially Arsenal who I felt delivered the instruction without waffling and writing too much. It was just there strategy that was flawed today

Lyon- Lyon have kept the bite they had last year and are again a great prospect, great attacking plays and some very good additions.
Arsenal- Arsenal have kept the same attacking bite as last season with a few good additions. Strong use of subs at right times that can affect a game. Well written tactics, a little surprised they didn’t go with a 4-4-2 formation though

Lyon had tactics spot on, reduced the service to Suarez and controlled thier wingers. They had the energy in the second half to push forward and get a goal. Arsenal I feel need more instructions to thier players.

Good open game with lots of chances, but i don't think either side will have the cutting edge to take a victory. Fair result for the teams who should be 1 + 2 this year.

Both teams offer a lot going forward but Lyon shade it for having a better back line.

Arsenal have too much attacking flair for Lyon with Modric grabbing a brace

Arsenal have a lot of attacking flair in the middle, but Lyon has great tactics to combat them for regular intervals. Both sets of defences are on par, as well as their wide players. Not a lot to choose between the two. I have them both scoring, but it is the drawing tactics that get Lyon the second goal. Song is left with too much to do on his own, and Lyon, by keeping the same tactics and players, enable them to carve a few more chances with their fluid movement. Then the change in formation for Arsenal, now that they are losing, is not enough to get a second goal.

PSG 2 - 2 Benfica
Defoe, Gaitan - Nilmar, Reyes
Even game with good tactics from both teams, overall very even sides and nothing to chose between them,4-4-2 work well but PSG show more than enough to get a draw in Portugal.

A close affair, and quite defensive on top of that. Benfica will be in a state of flux with the new manager, but I think ultimately both sides are worth a point here.

I don't think the shoot on start policy works for Benfica, who are much more adept in probing defences. I think the team, which is used to one up front, will take time to adjust to new tactics. Mika is the weak link in this game and makes mistakes, even with an established CB pairing in front of him. Defoe latches onto of the fumbles. Benfica are not able to get back into the game as, rather than patient play, the aim is for Kleber and Nilmar to take pot shots. In fact, there is a contradiction between how the CM's are set up and to what the CF's are told to do.

PSG- very good well written and organised tactics, good team,
Benfica- good first set of tactics for the new manager, he will improve leaps and bounds in the coming weeks, but this game has perhaps come a little early for him to fully know his squad, get a good draw though

Benfica win 2-0....too much attacking flair for PSG who themselves struggle to get any shots on target

Benfica did well to stifle PSG who were the more adventurous side, Defoe struggled to hold the ball as efficient as a natural CF, when they did get the ball to the wingers Benfica had their fullbacks in position to hold them off.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

ATTENTION TO ALL WIKIPEDIA USERS AND EDITERS.

IN 17 HOURS THE ENGLISH WIKIPEDIA WILL BLACK OUT GLOBALLY IN PROTEST TO SOPA AND PIPA.

SO IF YOU WANT TO DO SOME TP RESEARCHING ON WIKI DO IT NOW!!!!!
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:03 pm

What's SOPA and PIPA?

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:03 pm

TwisT wrote:Well done Mac thumbsup

I will take the positives from the reasons given, and aim to improve my team in the areas mentioned. Great feedback guys thumbsup

I was seriously worried as I did try out a different set up of the Barca style Tiki Taka which from feedback obviously wasnt to everyones approval.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:05 pm

Macclads wrote:

I was seriously worried as I did try out a different set up of the Barca style Tiki Taka which from feedback obviously wasnt to everyones approval.
can u delete the pole on my page
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:05 pm

SOPA = The Stop Online Piracy Act

PIPA = To do with boob implants.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:06 pm

I know I am lacking a striker, will be trying to get one this week and have been trying for ages lol

Just hope I get Kerzhakov today if not try again tomorrow, its difficult with tps being very strict

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:07 pm

cherriesfan wrote:
Macclads wrote:

can u delete the pole on my page

1. You have to release your own players.
2. Getting rid of players from Poland because they're Polish is considered racist.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:08 pm

but seems the rest of my team is fairly well rated...

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:08 pm

I am just glad to get that week out the way! Could not ask for a tougher first game.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:09 pm

Well I know what to do for the return leg.

Line-up:
--Howedes-Djourou-Metzelder-Mandzukic-Dzagoev-Adler-Adam-Hoogland-Toszer-Yilmaz-Izaguirre--

Just stay on the goal line for the whole game with your hands behind your back. That way it will be physically impossible for them to score.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:10 pm

anyone think of nay good wingers to TP for, also
Anichebe INJ (low Price)
spearing
Ederon all anvalible for a 4 million bundle, any takers?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:10 pm

i need a Rm as i have piatti on the left got ganso, moutinho in the centre
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:14 pm

Fully sick
Spoiler:

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:15 pm

might get eboue
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:16 pm

Any chance you could post the reasons nick? Obviously something went wrong.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:16 pm

cherriesfan wrote:anyone think of nay good wingers to TP for, also
Anichebe INJ (low Price)
spearing
Ederon all anvalible for a 4 million bundle, any takers?

How much you looking to spend as I know a perfect guy to go for but he would cost you mid 20s.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:17 pm

tell me and ill do a bit of selling
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:18 pm

Emmanuele Giocherrini
type that into bing
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:23 pm

Yeah doing it TSC.

I think it was a harsh result on you. You have to understand when people see a "big star name player" in the starting line up its an instant goal in these leagues. You could have 3 people mark him or all your defnders to break him legs literally and they would still score.

Reading some of them comment theres a few thing I could question but I wont. Today is not the day to pick a fight with Referees.

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:26 pm

All those needing a striker, I have Klose likely going to lawyers this week, so if you want him, leave me an offer before tonight or Wednesday

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:28 pm

nick_fury wrote: You could have 3 people mark him or all your defnders to break him legs literally and they would still score.

Cheers nick. BBB is baying for blood now. I've told him to fetch his boots that have razor blades instead of studs.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:28 pm

right offski 4 lunch be one l8er this after non
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:30 pm

am offski as well cya later lads

Cmon Kerzhakov you know you want to sign on the dotted line

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:32 pm

Schalke 0-4 Roma
N/A - Podolski x 2, Milito x 2

Schalke had the tactics spot on in the first half, unfortunately the 20 minute spell of cavalier approach cost them as the superior Midfield of Romas then had the space to pull them apart.

Roma's team have a very familiar look about it, and Schalke are a team in transition. Podolski plays a key role. By cutting in from the flanks, the strong Schalke CB's are let down by their full backs. They can't keep him to the byline, and Howedes is forever being drawn out to cover. This is even worse when one of Schalke's attacks break down and the overlapping FB's are hopelessly out of position. This is compounded as Howedes is supposed to be marking the lone Roma striker. If Schalke wanted to do FB overlap, then it would be more wise in my opinion for them to have a zonal marking system and have the CDM specifically asked to watch the wings when the FB's get forward. Rome get the goal, and hold on comfortably for long periods. Then when Schalke go all out attack, they are able to get another.

A very close game very clever set up by Tsc which has worked well to gain them an early lead but Roma hit back and get a late equalizer.
Roma the much stronger and at home, I just felt they over powerd Schalke in midfield.

Roma come away with 3 here, forcing the wingers inside only create to many problema fgor the CB , didnt feel schalke offered enough in attack to break down a solid roma back 4.

Schalke seem to lack out and out wingers Roma excel on the wings in both attack and defence. Milito flicking on for Valbuena is a threat all afternoon too, as is Podolski arriving far post on crosses from Marin. Without their strong CB’s Schalke could have been beaten by more against a Roma side that is almost certainly strongest in this division.

Schalke have a very attack minded midfield to play n counter, Bojan and Donovan players will not track and press all the time meaning Roma pick up the win.

Leverkusen 2-1 Everton
Gamiero , Gourcuff - Kranjcar

Everton's tactics seemed a bit like an opening night at an AA meeting, hi I'm Roy Carroll, I'm 6'5 and am addicted to missing sitters. Matching set ups. Close call but with the Everton tactics being more of a guide to their player then Leverkusen sneak it.

*Marky needs to check his FB instructions. Duarte isn't playing* This is another example of the better team being let down my it's managers tactics. Bayer have changed their team quite considerably in the last few days and this affects the cohesion within the team. Everton's tactics are clear and do much to stop Bayer's attacking threat. Which Andy Carroll turns up however, is imperative for their season. In the end, Bayer's tactics are too weak, and Everton getting the surprise win. Carroll gets on the end of the numerous crosses that come in and finally converts one.

A close fought affair settled by the clinical striker.

A very open game with neither team dominating, however Leverkuesen's Gamiero was deadly in front of goal, and Carroll missed alot of chancess.

Even though carrol was a good idea the expericenced pairing of hangeland and gallas easily dealt with him, some bright parks were shown by the evrton midfield but not enought o break Leverkusen down, Leverkusen however got some success down the wings but the experibced CBs win again and pretty much contain grameiro.

Another close one, and I have Leverkusen nicking it late. Everton were well set up and hard working but I think they lack some star power, particularly on the wings, and they couldn’t quite capitalise on Leverkusen’s weak full back areas. Leverkusen have a very impressive first XI, full backs aside, and they will create chances even against the resolute backline of Everton.

Everton Midfield manage to move leverkusan DM and defence around enough to create chances to secure the win.

Juventus 2-2 Valencia
Huntelaar, Lopez - Borges, Kanoute

Although Juve's tactics were still brief they're starting to have a bit more actual tactics to them. Similar set ups but with Juve going diamond in the middle while Valenica go for the flat line. Valencia need to strengthen in the centre of the pitch.

A lot of changes for the Juventus team, means that it doesn't gel as well in their first week together. This will improve. Valencia's tactics lack substance to counter the obvious new attacking threat from Juve. However, Juve tactics also lack substance. Parker has a good match, easily nullifying Valencia. Valencia's best chances come when they get the ball wide and attack Juve's weak FB's. In the end I give Juve the win, simply due to having a better attacking threat. However, the manager needs to understand that if there are no tactics aimed SPECIFICALLY against combating the players in the other team, he will struggle again this season. This is even though his team is greatly improved.

A bore draw between two equal sides.

Home advantage saw Juventus through this game, Parker was instrumental in midfield and Honda had a 5 star game.

Juves team is too strong for valencia, humtallar and lopez is a great partnership and with a very strong midfield behind them juventus are bound to get goals.

Juventus win by virtue of a greater attacking threat, but there isn’t much in it. Juve were too light in midfield I felt, and Parker had too much to do alone. Valencia have a good manager, but I think they need to make some additions to their first team, particularly in midfield.

The midfield holds the key in this match with Juve slightly better prepared.

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:35 pm

I wouldn't agree that Filipe is a weak full back. Schwaab perhaps.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:36 pm

not a bad start

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:37 pm

Some people do have a wicked sense of humour here. Some of my favourites:

"A bore draw between two equal sides."

"Carroll gets on the end of the numerous crosses that come in and finally converts one."

"hi I'm Roy Carroll, I'm 6'5 and am addicted to missing sitters." Take a bow, please. xD

Can't argue with getting beat but 4-0 is painful. At least I kind of know why I got beat.

The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:39 pm

*Marky needs to check his FB instructions. Duarte isn't playing*

I'm pretty sure he was. Jesus Gamez Duarte.

Just because I put him on my teamsheet as Gamez and referred to him as Duarte.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:42 pm

Marky wrote:
*Marky needs to check his FB instructions. Duarte isn't playing*

I'm pretty sure he was. Jesus Gamez Duarte.

Just because I put him on my teamsheet as Gamez and referred to him as Duarte.

It didn't cost you Marky. If you notice the rest of the explanation, it gives you the win

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:43 pm

I know, I re-read it and edited my post Laugh

Still bitter that I lost to KB's band of merry men.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:46 pm

Oh, just in case people forget....remember those of you who won or drew to update your budgets if your sponsors gave you money for wins/draws.

Obviously that won't happen to me Laugh

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:47 pm

BOOM I gots me a win and £2m BOOM

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:49 pm

Far be it for me to do a Mick McCarthy impression, but a narrow game where people joke about Andy Carroll and suggest he misses sitters rather than see the point of my tactics, may have cost me £6M in the form of a win bonus!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:50 pm

Did anyone who had £6m win bonus actually get a win

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:50 pm

3mil added for the draw

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Beer Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:51 pm

I expected to lose so i'm happy with the win.

Suck it, Marky.

Beer

Location : 'Whose kids are these? And how'd they get in my Lincoln?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:52 pm

(Just so everyone's aware, I will rant every week about why I was screwed out of £6M/£3M)

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:52 pm

King Beer wrote:I expected to lose so i'm happy with the win.

Suck it, Marky.

I expected you to lose too. You suck.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:52 pm

anyone want to beat the lawyers bid of 9.5mil for Rodriguez before I sell him to lawyers?

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:56 pm

Marky wrote:
King Beer wrote:I expected to lose so i'm happy with the win.

Suck it, Marky.

I expected you to lose too. You suck.

BREAKING NEWS: Everton Manager Marky has some harsh words for Leverkusen manager King Beer. BREAKING NEWS: Benedikt Howedes arrested for carrying football boots with razor blades for studs and directions to Lukas Podolski's house.

Last edited by TSC on Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:56 pm

YES! A draw!

Thanks for letting me submit tactics guys - I only went and profited a bloody point! YES!

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next