The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye is ready to go to War!!

+21
The Galveston Giant
bhb001
smashingstormcrow
kevchadders
AlexHuckerby
Atila
horizontalhero
tunes666
TopHat24/7
Lance
ONETWOFOREVER
rycoys
Nico the gman
superflyweight
johnson2
manos de piedra
ShahenshahG
Steffan
Rowley
Imperial Ghosty
Waingro
25 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Haye is ready to go to War!! Empty Haye is ready to go to War!!

Post by Waingro Mon 16 Jan 2012, 7:49 pm

David Haye has come out and said that he will be heavyweight champion of the world once again if Vitali or Wlad give him the chance. Haye has said that he has kept training every day to keep in shape if the call for a big fight against the brothers come. This shows his dedication. He said all the Klitchkos have to do is offer the fight and he will be ready to go to war. His people are in talks with Vitali. Here is what he said.

"My people are talking loosely with Vitali's people and they have shown a keen interest in a potential fight," Haye told BBC Sport.

"I'm going to stay in shape if that call comes, and if it does come I will be heavyweight champion again."

"I've always trained to stay in shape and I train every day,"

"If there is a fight that pops up - against Vitali or Wladimir - I'll be in shape and be ready to go to war and win back my old titles."

"It's down to Vitali," added Haye. "He seems very keen to knock me out. Not only to fight me, but to do what his brother Wladimir couldn't do and put me on the canvas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/16580562.stm

Tbh I do not think that Vitali wants this fight Haye has stayed in shape the whole time he has said he want the fight he has even said he will take a pay cut but like Haye says the brothers prefer to fight fat Americans who just turn up for a paycheque they do not like dangerous fights. Why do you think it took Wlad so long to fight Haye?? He did not want this fight.

I said all along that Haye will not stay retired boxing needs ecitement in the heavyweight division and Haye is the person who can bring that excitement and get people talking about it. The Klitchkos are good boxers but they are boring and have been killing heavyweight boxing. Hopefully Vitali or Wlad will give Haye the shot and make heavyweight boxing interesting again Wlad should ditch his fight with Mormeck. I hope chisora can beat Vitali I give him a good chance Vitali did not expect chisora to come to fight but he looks very confident and up for it he will give Vitali problems. But if Vitali wins like most think he will then he should fight Haye who would be a better opponent? This would be good news for boxing which needs big fights to happen.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Haye is ready to go to War!! Empty Re: Haye is ready to go to War!!

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 16 Jan 2012, 7:51 pm

So you've basically combined two baseless comments you've made on other threads and merged them together, was there really any need?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon 16 Jan 2012, 7:58 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:So you've basically combined two baseless comments you've made on other threads and merged them together, was there really any need?

Dont know what you problem is as usual, it was a post about an interview with Haye earlier just giving my opinion on it and posting the link to it for people if they are interested about it. You dont have to read all my posts and come back with your insults easier to just ignore them mate.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:00 pm

Well I can't wait and can only hope his next war with one of the klichcos delivers the excitement his last one did.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:00 pm

I just can't work out if you're the worlds worst WUM or you're just special, either way you need to widen your vocabulary.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:03 pm

Once Vitali has beating the hell out of Chisora he will end Hayes career once and for all

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:10 pm

Yeah wlad was so scared of haye that he signed to fight him twice. And vitali who stood toe to toe with Lewis is scared of haye who will knock him out. Even though Lewis would total Haye in 1-3 rounds. That is of course if Haye even signed up and didn;t have a bad toe or bad back. Or if Haye took on the mighty Audley instead who makes Lewis quake in his boots.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:18 pm

Haye is all mouth...nothing else

I hope for Chisoras sake he doesnt humiliate himself the way Haye did against little Klits

At least if he loses he probably wont use some pathetic excuse such as a 'little pinkie' problem

Infact I would of rather seen a Haye v Chisora fight. It would at least be a bit more competitive

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:26 pm

Nothing particularly new from Haye really. Still maintaining he is waiting around waiting for the Klitschkos to call with a big payday while his justification amounts to staying in shape and the fact Wladimir couldnt knock him out.

I still ask the question why not go out and fight someone? It hardly takes a monster win to get back in contention. Any sort of decent win over a ranked opponent and then he is back in the mix. Not to mention the benefits of actual getting the competitive rounds under his belt to stay sharp. He sounds like the job offers from Hollywood havent been as plentiful as hed hoped and hes waiting around for a payday. Sadly I think he knows the brothers have such limited options available that he doesnt need to do much other than stay in shape to get a shot.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by johnson2 Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:41 pm

Haye has no right to fight for a title.

johnson2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:47 pm

Waingro wrote: Why do you think it took Wlad so long to fight Haye?? He did not want this fight.

It took him so long to fight him because they signed for it in 2009 Wlad turned up, Haye didn't. God only knows how two fighters can sign a contract for the fight and the one who turns up when that contract stipulates ends up being the one who is running scared, please Waingro I would be extremely grateful if you could explain that one to me as I genuinely am lost.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:50 pm

Haye fought Wlad who is Vitali's brother.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:53 pm

rowley wrote:
Waingro wrote: Why do you think it took Wlad so long to fight Haye?? He did not want this fight.

It took him so long to fight him because they signed for it in 2009 Wlad turned up, Haye didn't. God only knows how two fighters can sign a contract for the fight and the one who turns up when that contract stipulates ends up being the one who is running scared, please Waingro I would be extremely grateful if you could explain that one to me as I genuinely am lost.

British fighters get robbed so anything they say must be the gospel truth.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Mon 16 Jan 2012, 8:57 pm

Unfortunately I was one of the boxing fans who was taken in by Haye last time,more fool me,but not this time.

I think the saying empty vessels make the loudest noise is very fitting in this case.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Mon 16 Jan 2012, 9:03 pm

i cant wait , and i will be there just like hamburg , haye is so much better than the wlad fight , like ive said before he wasent as bad as people have made him out to be , against vitali he will have not choice but to be more aggressive , cant belive we have to put up with chisora first

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Mon 16 Jan 2012, 9:26 pm

More talk from Haye.

I think we are board with the Haye/Klitschko meryy go round. So his people are talking Vitali's people so what.

Talk when you have signed the contract. The man is talking more in retirement then he did when he was fighting.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Mon 16 Jan 2012, 9:46 pm

brings excitement to the division?? must have missed it last time round. you can say he got people talking about boxing again, but it was only talk, nothing to back it up with and he did more harm than good for british boxing. he did well to earn himself a lot of money from a relatively easy career, in which he only fought a couple of top fighters, but i think its time he went and spent his money and stopped trying to milk his fans one last time.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:59 pm

Steffan wrote:Once Vitali has beating the hell out of Chisora he will end Hayes career once and for all

Derek will destroy Klitchko imo, if not it will be a wobbery. lol

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:06 am

Waingro you must have left out some of the title for this thread. I assume was meant to be 'Haye is ready to go to Warwickshire!!' Headscratch

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:34 am

Waingro wrote:David Haye has come out and said that he will be heavyweight champion of the world once again if Vitali or Wlad give him the chance. Haye has said that he has kept training every day to keep in shape if the call for a big fight against the brothers come. This shows his dedication. He said all the Klitchkos have to do is offer the fight and he will be ready to go to war. His people are in talks with Vitali. Here is what he said.

"My people are talking loosely with Vitali's people and they have shown a keen interest in a potential fight," Haye told BBC Sport.

"I'm going to stay in shape if that call comes, and if it does come I will be heavyweight champion again."

"I've always trained to stay in shape and I train every day,"

"If there is a fight that pops up - against Vitali or Wladimir - I'll be in shape and be ready to go to war and win back my old titles."

"It's down to Vitali," added Haye. "He seems very keen to knock me out. Not only to fight me, but to do what his brother Wladimir couldn't do and put me on the canvas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/16580562.stm

Tbh I do not think that Vitali wants this fight Haye has stayed in shape the whole time he has said he want the fight he has even said he will take a pay cut but like Haye says the brothers prefer to fight fat Americans who just turn up for a paycheque they do not like dangerous fights. Why do you think it took Wlad so long to fight Haye?? He did not want this fight.

I said all along that Haye will not stay retired boxing needs ecitement in the heavyweight division and Haye is the person who can bring that excitement and get people talking about it. The Klitchkos are good boxers but they are boring and have been killing heavyweight boxing. Hopefully Vitali or Wlad will give Haye the shot and make heavyweight boxing interesting again Wlad should ditch his fight with Mormeck. I hope chisora can beat Vitali I give him a good chance Vitali did not expect chisora to come to fight but he looks very confident and up for it he will give Vitali problems. But if Vitali wins like most think he will then he should fight Haye who would be a better opponent? This would be good news for boxing which needs big fights to happen.

Sorry, that is a load of Tosh...

Neither of the K's have ever ducked Haye and neither are avoiding him. WK beat Haye convincingly and VK was always Hayes Second Choice because he knows the over all VK has less weaknesses than WK.

The K's do not just fight fat Americans, they fight the best that's out there, including Haye. and they beat them.

The only chance Haye has with VK is if he gets him on a day where his age starts to show. and this is why Haye is and never has been in a rush to fight VK.

That being said it would be an interesting fight as Haye would have learned a bit from his WK fight and VK is a little less defensive than WK so it could allow Haye the chance to use his speed to nick some rounds, but my guess would be a win for VK via a 10th rnd TKO. I think Haye does have the power to get to VK but will need to keep doing it for the whole fight, which I cant see him doing with out gassing out and getting hurt him self.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:54 am

the fight with Wlad certainly did get people talking about boxing again- sadly most of the conversations were along the lines of "that's the last time I ever shell out fifteen quid to watch boxing, I'm sticking to football from now on"

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:22 am

Vitali rejects the challenge...because Haye is no challenge. But as a Klitschko...he is happy to beat up on him some more

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:24 am

Typical Haye manouver - he joins the army after the troops have been recalled

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:36 am

ShahenshahG wrote:Typical Haye manouver - he joins the army after the troops have been recalled

What can we say Sha...the man who was sent by the heavyweights of yesterday (Dempsey, Lewis, Marciano, Ali etc.) to save the division likes to be fashionably late Wink

And what were Davids first words to Audley after their Superfight (all out war) in Manchester..."Audley son I need your help. Teach me how to sell a fight I have no chance of winning"

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:50 am

Steffan wrote:Vitali rejects the challenge...because Haye is no challenge. But as a Klitschko...he is happy to beat up on him some more
And Vitali's prediction for Haye is.....PAIN!

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 17 Jan 2012, 9:40 am

Would just prefer Haye to ghet in the ring with a Povetkin, or someone of that mirth, hell, maybe even Seth Mitchell, just somebody to show he's serious, rather than just "staying in shape"

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 17 Jan 2012, 9:47 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Would just prefer Haye to ghet in the ring with a Povetkin, or someone of that mirth, hell, maybe even Seth Mitchell, just somebody to show he's serious, rather than just "staying in shape"

Alex, albeit that "mirth" is probably a good word to use when talking about Haye's career at heavyweight, I tihnk the word you were looking for is "ilk".

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Jan 2012, 9:48 am

superflyweight wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Would just prefer Haye to ghet in the ring with a Povetkin, or someone of that mirth, hell, maybe even Seth Mitchell, just somebody to show he's serious, rather than just "staying in shape"

Alex, albeit that "mirth" is probably a good word to use when talking about Haye's career at heavyweight, I tihnk the word you were looking for is "ilk".

He is discussing modern heavies, he could have meant girth.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 17 Jan 2012, 9:50 am

My bad.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by kevchadders Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:16 pm

Agree with Manos.

Its ok staying in physical shape but if he want to stay sharp, then i dont see any reason why he cant fight someone else.

As time goes on he's going to get more ring rusty the longer he is away from a competitive fight...

kevchadders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:21 pm

Totally agre Kev but lets not delude ourselves here Haye is not interested in giving himself the best opportunity to win these fights or secure a legacy, he wants the easiest path to the biggest payday and if acting like a clown in the press will secure him this so be it. Anyone who knows the first thing about the game knows the Wlad fight showed some glaring weaknesses in Haye's circle and rush tactics which are only going to be fully ironed out by competitive tough fights, however when you can earn £5m by smacking Audley around or walk straight back into a title shot you don't deserve simply by acting a tool in the papers why bother with graft.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Tue 17 Jan 2012, 12:52 pm

Steffan wrote:assume was meant to be 'Haye is ready to go to Warwickshire!!' Headscratch

Good - it's about time he was sent to Coventry.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:00 pm

smashingstormcrow wrote:
Steffan wrote:assume was meant to be 'Haye is ready to go to Warwickshire!!' Headscratch

It's funny and it shows a good grasp of the geography of the UK and the slightly anachronistic concept of counties, good work all round.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

rowley wrote:
smashingstormcrow wrote:

It's funny and it shows a good grasp of the geography of the UK and the slightly anachronistic concept of counties, good work all round.

And Rowley's comment isn't condescending in any way ....

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:06 pm

Wasn't meant to be, genuinely, I did enjoy the joke, feel bad now.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue 17 Jan 2012, 1:27 pm

Is Haye planning to go to war similair to his first fight with Wladimir, if he is count me out. There is some decent fights he could be taking in the meantime, i won't be topping up his bank balance that's for sure.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:34 pm

they should send haye to dresden... but he would't go for all the tea in china.

on the rowley humour scale, i should get marks for geographic and historical context, a bonus mark for general knowledge in knowing the 2 things that said german city is famed for... and a further bonus point for the variety of interpretations of 'tea in china' in this context.

In fact the only draw back i can see is that its contrived and not remotely amusing

i'd stick to the day job... if i had one

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:37 pm

milkyboy wrote:

In fact the only draw back i can see is that its contrived and not remotely amusing

It also didn't segue beautifully into Steffan's previous comment, other than that and the lack of humour issue you have already outlined is a sterling effort.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:43 pm

as i thought a segue was a quirky personal transportation device, i was unlikely to ride it into steffan's previous comment

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:46 pm

Segue - to make a smooth, almost imperceptible transition from one state, situation, or subject to another.

Segway - personal transportation device.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:49 pm

the last time i checked, my name wasn't waingro, but thanks for the irony filter. imo

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:49 pm

Ian Rankin's Rebus novels are littered with the word segue, which, as a youngster knowing no better, I would mentally pronounce as "Say-goo".

Topical, relevant and interesting.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:50 pm

Apologies milky, you are indeed not waingro but you are quality imo so could be his brother like Vitali is Wlad's brother.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:51 pm

Union Cane wrote:Ian Rankin's Rebus novels are littered with the word segue, which, as a youngster knowing no better, I would mentally pronounce as "Say-goo".

Topical, relevant and interesting.

We'll be the judges of that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by skimpton Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:53 pm

Rowley,

I enjoyed the line "a sterling effort" ...very subtle!

skimpton

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:56 pm

must change my username to something more... appropriate. babygrow? paingo?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 17 Jan 2012, 2:58 pm

milkyboy wrote:must change my username to something more... appropriate. babygrow? paingo?

How about Brain-go

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 17 Jan 2012, 3:06 pm

"It's down to Vitali," added Haye. "He seems very keen to knock me out. Not only to fight me, but to do what his brother Wladimir couldn't do and put me on the canvas."

Is Haye trying to claim credit for staying on his feet on the way to a UD defeat? How the mighty have fallen.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 17 Jan 2012, 3:07 pm

... hmmn, suspect it already has. How about 'rainbow'... a colourful cheery distraction, and an iconic yet condecendingly simplistic children's tv programme

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 17 Jan 2012, 3:16 pm

Il Gialloblu wrote:"It's down to Vitali," added Haye. "He seems very keen to knock me out. Not only to fight me, but to do what his brother Wladimir couldn't do and put me on the canvas."

Is Haye trying to claim credit for staying on his feet on the way to a UD defeat? How the mighty have fallen.

He does make it sound like Lamotta against Robinson doesn't he, he didn't get knocked out because he never got close enough for it to become a risk.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next