The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye is ready to go to War!!

+21
The Galveston Giant
bhb001
smashingstormcrow
kevchadders
AlexHuckerby
Atila
horizontalhero
tunes666
TopHat24/7
Lance
ONETWOFOREVER
rycoys
Nico the gman
superflyweight
johnson2
manos de piedra
ShahenshahG
Steffan
Rowley
Imperial Ghosty
Waingro
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Haye is ready to go to War!! - Page 2 Empty Haye is ready to go to War!!

Post by Waingro Mon 16 Jan - 19:49

First topic message reminder :

David Haye has come out and said that he will be heavyweight champion of the world once again if Vitali or Wlad give him the chance. Haye has said that he has kept training every day to keep in shape if the call for a big fight against the brothers come. This shows his dedication. He said all the Klitchkos have to do is offer the fight and he will be ready to go to war. His people are in talks with Vitali. Here is what he said.

"My people are talking loosely with Vitali's people and they have shown a keen interest in a potential fight," Haye told BBC Sport.

"I'm going to stay in shape if that call comes, and if it does come I will be heavyweight champion again."

"I've always trained to stay in shape and I train every day,"

"If there is a fight that pops up - against Vitali or Wladimir - I'll be in shape and be ready to go to war and win back my old titles."

"It's down to Vitali," added Haye. "He seems very keen to knock me out. Not only to fight me, but to do what his brother Wladimir couldn't do and put me on the canvas.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/boxing/16580562.stm

Tbh I do not think that Vitali wants this fight Haye has stayed in shape the whole time he has said he want the fight he has even said he will take a pay cut but like Haye says the brothers prefer to fight fat Americans who just turn up for a paycheque they do not like dangerous fights. Why do you think it took Wlad so long to fight Haye?? He did not want this fight.

I said all along that Haye will not stay retired boxing needs ecitement in the heavyweight division and Haye is the person who can bring that excitement and get people talking about it. The Klitchkos are good boxers but they are boring and have been killing heavyweight boxing. Hopefully Vitali or Wlad will give Haye the shot and make heavyweight boxing interesting again Wlad should ditch his fight with Mormeck. I hope chisora can beat Vitali I give him a good chance Vitali did not expect chisora to come to fight but he looks very confident and up for it he will give Vitali problems. But if Vitali wins like most think he will then he should fight Haye who would be a better opponent? This would be good news for boxing which needs big fights to happen.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Haye is ready to go to War!! - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye is ready to go to War!!

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 17 Jan - 15:43

rowley wrote:
Il Gialloblu wrote:"It's down to Vitali," added Haye. "He seems very keen to knock me out. Not only to fight me, but to do what his brother Wladimir couldn't do and put me on the canvas."

Is Haye trying to claim credit for staying on his feet on the way to a UD defeat? How the mighty have fallen.

He does make it sound like Lamotta against Robinson doesn't he, he didn't get knocked out because he never got close enough for it to become a risk.

This is probably the first time I've been negative towards Haye on here jeff (not that I often say much about owt, actually), but to go from "I'm going to knock him out" to what is essentially "Even though he beat me, he didn't knock me down" is quite a step.
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 17 Jan - 15:46

Il Gialloblu wrote:Is Haye trying to claim credit for staying on his feet on the way to a UD defeat?

He hardly did that, to be fair.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 17 Jan - 15:49

He spent half the 'fight' on his knees, and didn't Wlad score a 'knockdown' in round eleven?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Gialloblu Tue 17 Jan - 15:57

Union Cane wrote:He spent half the 'fight' on his knees, and didn't Wlad score a 'knockdown' in round eleven?

So what is Haye even talking about then? I would take 'on the canvas' to mean a knockdown, not a knockout. Headscratch
Il Gialloblu
Il Gialloblu

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 17 Jan - 16:00

Whatever happened to good old title eliminators starting to become a thing of the past,after Haye's non show against Wlad,Haye should have been made to fight an eliminator to show he was worth a world title shot.

Lets be fair like most things this is about money,the gobby Brit talking the fight up and generating interest,a sell out fight either in this country or Germany big bucks for Vitali.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 17 Jan - 16:12

00:40

Spoiler:

The man has clearly lost his marbles.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2