The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Degale goes back to purse bids

+6
hogey
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
Steffan
TopHat24/7
Seanusarrilius
10 posters

Go down

Degale goes back to purse bids Empty Degale goes back to purse bids

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 24 Jan 2012, 5:05 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/degale-vs-sanavia-hits-bump-goes-back-purse-bids--48876

For a routine Euro defense? Wonder if Degale doesn't want to be on Groves undercard? There may be trouble in Warren camp or am i reaching?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Degale goes back to purse bids Empty Re: Degale goes back to purse bids

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 24 Jan 2012, 5:11 pm

Sanavia? A 36 yr old feather-fisted nobody?? Great fight....

Pity as I was looking to get tickets to Groves' fight but the undercard, less De Gale, looks too weak to justify the cost.

It's a funny development though, I really thought Groves had made a mistake and would be a pawn in Frank's favoured promotion of the goldenboy but maybe not. Hopefully true, because James is a prat.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 24 Jan 2012, 5:14 pm

He just doesnt wanna be in Groves shadow

Cant say I blame him mind

Its bad enough losing to a bitter rival nevermind having to box on their undercard

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 24 Jan 2012, 5:15 pm

Groves would be a pawn if Frank could get him to be, but Booth (although annoying) will not let groves be manipulated by Warren. Degale, I don't know, his career is just stagnant at the mo, even his best win - Paul Smith- looks weaker in light of Groves demolishing him in two

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 24 Jan 2012, 5:15 pm

Yeah but Steffan, he can't carry a card on his own

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 24 Jan 2012, 5:19 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:Yeah but Steffan, he can't carry a card on his own

I agree. Dunno why he couldnt of got on the Cleverly card next month to be honest

I appreciate its generally meant to be a Welsh night with Clev, Mac, Selby on the card but its still a Warren Promotion and he could of maybe won over a few fans

I would of been happy to watch him

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:00 pm

Think winning over a few fans should be his priority now Steffan, people clearly have not warmed to the kid, particularly outside the ring, where he tends to come across as a clown, think the best thing he can do is get his head down, keep quiet and get some wins under his belt.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 24 Jan 2012, 6:07 pm

Think the fact he struggled a la Cleverly against Bellew against some ordinary pole has made Warren go gunshy with him...

Boxnation is only as good as it's fighters.....and as marquee names are at a minimum over here...Warren feels the need to protect them...

Boxnation will offer fights..but over the next year or so what will be the "Standard" of opposition for it's biggest names!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Wed 25 Jan 2012, 1:44 pm

Degale needs to get in the real world, he is Number 2 Super Middleweight in Britain, and is not good or popular enough to carry a card by himself. I am no great fan of Degale and think he is vastly overated but he could still have a decent career if he grows up a bit and knuckles down to his work correctly.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 25 Jan 2012, 2:00 pm

Warren feels the need to protect marquee names? Well Degale is very fast approaching not being a marquee name at all. Euro strap or not having the bloke constantly fight meaningless east europeans doesn't interest anyone.

I said it before but Degale should be fighting Anderson, it would have been perfect for him. Instead Groves gets to lay a few ghosts to rest AND make further improvements to his game in a tough fight in front of a decent crowd.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:23 pm

Ack it's just the look on Warrens face when DeGale gets shown up (against Groves) and also against Pete the Pole (even though DeGale won, he still got shown up and took as much of a battering as he gave out).

But the fear of losing a cash cow makes Warrens eyes fill up with water when he's interviewed. Plus him trying to say how he thought DeGale clearly won is fun also
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jan 2012, 7:57 pm

Hopefully this will be the making of him, losing to Groves followed by a tough win will make him realise a few things.

He needs to stop prancing around the ring doing a Mayweather impression and throw more punches.

Secondly, and this is very important, he needs to stop acting like such a prat.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu 26 Jan 2012, 10:18 am

TumblingDice wrote:Hopefully this will be the making of him, losing to Groves followed by a tough win will make him realise a few things.

He needs to stop prancing around the ring doing a Mayweather impression and throw more punches.

Why?

If it wasn't for DeGale his fight with Groves would not have been box office and wouldn't have earned both fighters a share of close to £750,000. They would have probably shared a purse of around £100,000 if it wasn't for DeGale being a prat in front of the cameras.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 26 Jan 2012, 12:59 pm

SugarRayRussell (PBK) wrote:
TumblingDice wrote:Hopefully this will be the making of him, losing to Groves followed by a tough win will make him realise a few things.

Why?

If it wasn't for DeGale his fight with Groves would not have been box office and wouldn't have earned both fighters a share of close to £750,000. They would have probably shared a purse of around £100,000 if it wasn't for DeGale being a prat in front of the cameras.

Think you're giving JDG a little too much credit, I don't think that was exactly shrewd tactical/business nowse.

And it didn't help him much before or after, maybe he really is desperate to be Floyd and is hopeful he'll be brash enough for people to pay to see him (hopefully) get beat/ko'd.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Fri 27 Jan 2012, 12:35 am

Most of the time you hear peoples view on Degale it is based on the fact they don't like him... if Groves is so great then he could always give Degale a rematch rather than Anderson, and that would bring bums on seats.

Degale is Euro champ as a result of beating the Euro Champ, and just because of a narrow and also debatable loss to Groves it does not make him the smaller draw or name.. despite him being a chav...

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down