The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can Someone Explain Purse Bids To Me?

3 posters

Go down

Can Someone Explain Purse Bids To Me? Empty Can Someone Explain Purse Bids To Me?

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:32 pm

This isn't a trick question. When a promoter wins a purse bid, how is the money split?

Say Promoter X wins the bid of fight featuring his own guy for say £500,000, how is this money split and to whom takes a share?

Thanks in advance.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Can Someone Explain Purse Bids To Me? Empty Re: Can Someone Explain Purse Bids To Me?

Post by The Galveston Giant Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm not too sure where the money goes Valero but Sky might get some use out of this thread. Someone will know.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Can Someone Explain Purse Bids To Me? Empty Re: Can Someone Explain Purse Bids To Me?

Post by Rowley Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:46 pm

My understanding is purse bids only come into play where the fight is a mandatory for a title and neither promotional team can come to an agreement so the rival promoters and others get chance to bid also. Think in terms of how the money is split for mandatory titles it is within the governing rules how it is split. I had in my head 65-35 but may have made this up.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:50 pm

Thanks guys, the reason i raised it is I hear Frank Maloney won the purse bid for Price/Sexton for the British Title.

It sounds reasonable that a champ should get the biggest cut but for example with the above fight, as nether is champion I wondered what is stopping Frank giving Price a bigger share than Sexton and are they governed to split the money equally to both camps?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:59 pm

Without knowing the exact answer Valero would have to assume a 50-50 split would make sense, but we'll be hopefully doing another Q&A with Frank soon, we'll ask him for an idiots guide for the pair of us.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:03 pm

rowley wrote:Without knowing the exact answer Valero would have to assume a 50-50 split would make sense, but we'll be hopefully doing another Q&A with Frank soon, we'll ask him for an idiots guide for the pair of us.

Thanks Rowley, also you could ask him that if he needs any cans to help boost any of his fighters CV's, i'm ready to fight for a few grand. I'm 5ft 10'' and can boil down to Cruiserweight!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:06 pm

Enzo has just gone back to crusier, I see a bright future for you, you can't be any worse than Bobby Gunn

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down