The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 17

+13
ncfc_Tooze
Beer
Fernando
Fan Gilhaus
Marky
sodhat
cherriesfna
ADMIN
Afro
FIFA Diva
TwisT
footballcrazy
nick_fury
17 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 17 - Page 6 Empty Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 17

Post by nick_fury Mon 30 Jan 2012, 9:03 am

Last edited by nick_fury on Fri 03 Feb 2012, 3:52 pm; edited 8 times in total

nick_fury

Location : More West Coast than Viva & even further West Coast than Afro

Back to top Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 17 - Page 6 Empty Re: Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 17

Post by ADMIN Tue 31 Jan 2012, 12:55 pm

sodhat wrote:
Macclads wrote:I have to say Sodhat I was genuinely worried when I saw you went for the wall at the back and if I could get through it, I think if I had just had Falcao up front it could have been a draw.

They would have worked much better if you had stuck to 4-5-1!

It was always a big ask to get anything off you though. I'd like to see what people thought of the game and tactics in their reasons though.

I'd played 4-4-2 to match up against what you'd played the week before as well thinking if it came down to matching styles and similar level tactics there would only be one winner due to the names I've acquired. Think you got it bang on the money with yours.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 17 - Page 6 Empty Re: Furious Football Association © : HomePage Season 2, Page 17

Post by ADMIN Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:01 pm

Liverpool v Lyon

Both teams try to outplay each other in midfield in a tightly forced contest. Liverpools change to 4-4-2 in the 70 min allows them to get the goal.
liverpool edge a tight game
Liverpool – injuries are not very nice, tactics are well written. But lyon just have enough about them to win. Lyon- injuries are not very nice and are big blows. Nice Tactics well written good subs help team out.
Two of the best teams in the league colliding here, both teams were set up very well and very strongly, managing to cancel each other out and despite the array of fine players on the pitch, both teams defences and centre midfield meant it finished a draw.
Both teams targeted the same area - Liverpool's right v Lyon's left. Srna & Walcott v Bastos Cissokho. Both have bags of pace and led to an end to end game which became stretched and led to a lot of chances
Lyon set up perfectly to attack Liverpool’s right flank, where they leave space with Srna and Walcott looking forwards. Liverpool are strong in the centre of the field but with both sides filling the area I think the flanks is where it will be won.
Both squads full of talents and each too strong defensivly to break each other down,m’vila does well containg jovetic with substanuly minimises the lyon threat, but lyons defense and midfielders hold firm to get the goaless draw
Lyon did thier homework on Srna, exploiting his attacking runs and finding the gaps behind him they got a lot of joy from that side but as the game wore on the Liverpool midfield got the better with thier solid style of play and controlled the game. It was the sub that won them the game Gervinho taking advantage of the tired players.
Felt that Lyon did their homework more and targeted the fullbacks well whilst ensuring that Liverpool's strengths were nullified.

Arsenal v Benfica

Krasic and Willian have a lot of joy on the flanks when counter-attacking when Enrique and Sagna have gone forward. Benfica is set up for the counter attack well. Nilmar gets on the end of one of the crosses that come in.
entertaining game and both teams earn a point
Arsenal- good team to start with, subs don’t change too much though. Well written tactics. Benfica- Nice team, keeping to the attacking play already deployed in previous games. Tactics are well written and have a lot of good details.
Very attacking formation for Arsenal, against the quite defensive approach of Benfica. Arsenal were relentless in attack, but a very good setup and tactics for Benfica with 3 at the back, Melo helping as well as the full backs, they were able to hold Arsenal off.
Another stalemate. Both teams formations completely cancelled each other out, with both teams playing narrow meaning no space centrally. Arsenal suprised Benfica with their formation, but had more than enough numbers at the back to deal with the surprise.
Benfica have bodies out wide to create chances and enough in defence to stop Arsenal’s narrow three man attack. Modric and Moutinho may find some space on attack, but I see Benfica dominating until Arsenal bring on Hazard and Cazorla and snatch one back. It will be too late however and Benfica will hold out.
Arsenals creative midield is not enough to break down a very defensive benfica team,arsenal run the game but Benfica hold on just for a draw.
Arsenal set thier team out expecting Benfica to play through the middle, the wingbacks of Benfica gave them width and got a lot of sucsess through there. I feel Modric should be used in a more deeper role by Arsenal, the strikers of Arsenal were a bit toothless in attack.
The change in set up really wasn't playing to Arsenal's strength and Krasic and Willian had quite a free run down the flansk to provide the balls to Nilmar

Villarreal v PSG

Villareal midfield has a lot of quality and out numbers PSG’s 4-4-2 lineup. Kuyt and the on fire Soldado get the goals.
comfortable win for the hosts
Villareal is another strong team, tactics are slightly stronger than those of PSG’s. Subs also are well timed when needed. PSG- good team which is strong all other the pitch. Nice tactics could do with perhaps a little more detail
Very strong physical side picked by Villareal and this is where I feel they won the game. Diarra and Courgnet were there defensively for PSG but with Pirlo and Motta, with Kuyt and Boudebouz helping out and Giovinco as the extra man in midfield, PSG were overrun. PSG had to go for it as they were losing but were unable to find the equaliser.
Bit of a stalemate. PSG set-up with only 2 CMs, but were both hardworking and made up for the fact that they were outnumbered. They however targeted attacking through their wingers and Villareal instructed both FBs to pretty much stay back, so it was down to who was better Villareal FBs or PSG wingers. I couldn't split them, so it meant both teams cancelled each other out.
Two sides that seem to counter each others tactics pretty well. I can see it being played pretty cagily in the middle and a goal a piece seems fair.
A very even game, menez and danny enjoy a good game out wide and create a lot of chances,however in the centre it is scrappy and closely fought but an even game gives an even result
Villareal tactics of fouling the opposition winger went against them this week as Angel rough style cost him a red card. After that the game was in PSG hands and they controlled the game. The pressing game worked pushing Villareal backwards and thats how they captilised.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

Nadz, 2 pence is on its way to you. Just my goals scored, as I was very close to a win and you could of made the difference. Well you havent but I could be been even closer

Gaitan basically smashed it for Everton this week. but he wont next week as Marky swapped him for Lansbury + Gervinho + Afellay

Lansbury = young poop
Gervinho = overhyped poop
Afellay = injered poop

So all in all he Swapped a high rated player for a load of poop

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:02 pm

If Nadz didn't get his results in, can I have a two-nil victory please Laugh

Just kidding, well done Nadz. I played with *proper* fullbacks this time Rolling Eyes

I am against the God that is Sod this week.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:03 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:I would say Crawley are a bigger draw than Bournemouth

AFCB have just floated around the lower divisions without looking like going places. Crawley are on the up and will soon be past Bournemouth in terms of league position.

If I was a footballer I would choose Crawley over Bournemouth.
first of all well done on ur result
second, looking like going places dont make u a bigger club, crawly are in there 1st year in the football league bournemouth are in there 88thish.
both clubs have money, bournmeouth have a better squad, a bigger stadium, a bigger fanbase, therefore a bigger club Smile
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:05 pm

very happy i contain RVP to one,
my attack have proved it can score and who agree once i get my defence sorted out i can have a real title challange,
and viva when will teh reasons be up?
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:10 pm

Congrats on getting a point against me twist.

I gave you a 2-2 draw nick.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:11 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:Congrats on getting a point against me twist.

looking forward to our game.
shud be a good one Smile
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:11 pm

Thanks - was actually a close run thing clap

I'd rather play for Crawley than Bournemouth. Crawley will storm past Bournemouth and be in the Championship in 2 years, whilst Bournemouth will continue to be a poor man's Southampton and spend their days yo-yoing between leagues 1 and 2. Plus Crawley have a better squad than Bournemouth already and they are in the league below
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:12 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11764/7467783/Posh-eye-Crawley-pair

Unless this goes through
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:13 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I was one goal vote off a win!! POO POO POO POO POO POO POO POO POO POO POO POO POO POO POO POO

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:15 pm

what??? better squad.
i dont know what ur on about,
bournemouth squad if far superior and league on is a huge step-up, crawly may get play-off but there will be too many good sides in league 1.
also the championship vultures will coem to crawly in the summer and take alot of there good players, if seen it b4 it happened to us,
i know this area and going from L2 to champ is not easy
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:16 pm

Match Fixing going on????

sodhat wrote:May I congratulate you once again on victory, and respectfully point out that you owe Lazio £1m?

Macclads wrote:£1m is delivered to Lazio in several plain brown envelopes, on the front written in crayola are the initials H.R.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:16 pm

BBC Radio Bristol understands Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard is at Upton Park but there has been no official bid from West Ham.

Jesus, we're taking deadline day by storm!

Deep pockets those chairmen of ours.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:17 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11764/7467783/Posh-eye-Crawley-pair

Unless this goes through
im not gonna laugh or rub it in
losing ur best players is horrible but if crawley have good depth and a strong squad ethic they will go up
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:17 pm

poor marky
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:19 pm

cherriesfan wrote:what??? better squad.
i dont know what ur on about,
bournemouth squad if far superior and league on is a huge step-up, crawly may get play-off but there will be too many good sides in league 1.
also the championship vultures will coem to crawly in the summer and take alot of there good players, if seen it b4 it happened to us,
i know this area and going from L2 to champ is not easy

I'm only pulling your leg Cherries.

I would have Crawley winning the league before all their players look like being snapped up. I would say the gap between League 1 and 2 isn't that big. There are loads of times that a team goes up and is challenging at the top of league 1
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:21 pm

the problem is if that challenging season result in nothing , all ur better players go and you have to rebuild, luckily we did thru loans and then signing them,(look at us at the startof the year)
teams like swindle couldnt and went down.
that said teh gap between the conference and L2 is almost nothing
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:23 pm

BigFellasAfro wrote:Match Fixing going on????

sodhat wrote:May I congratulate you once again on victory, and respectfully point out that you owe Lazio £1m?

Macclads wrote:£1m is delivered to Lazio in several plain brown envelopes, on the front written in crayola are the initials H.R.

Lazio offer no comment to scurrilous rumours.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:25 pm

starting XI last year

---------------------Jalal---------------------
Smith--------Pearce------Cooper---Wiggins
Feeney------Robinson---Hollands-----Pugh
-------------------Ings------Symes-----------

NOW

-----------------------Flahavan------------------
Francis------Zubar----------Cook--------Daniel
Pugh---------Arter-- Macdonald(hope)---Malone
----------------Tubbs-------Thomas--------- (barrett put for 3 months Sad )

alas the winds of change
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:32 pm

has anyone got the reason for heros league
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:37 pm

Saha to Tottenham Shocked

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:38 pm

uh oh
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:41 pm

Manchester United are on the brink of signing former Switzerland Under-17 skipper Frederic Veseli from Manchester City, according to reports.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:42 pm

right c ya evryone be on bout 5 ish
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:46 pm

Guys I am so Sorry - I didn't vote because I forgot we had to.

I thought this place had been dead for days... but I've been watching the old banter thread for comments Laugh That's why I didn't see the reminders.

What a klutz!

MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:46 pm

Sounds like Saha loan to Spurs (if Defoe going, it's cover?) and Pienaar going on loan to Everton
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:47 pm

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-to-snatch-youngster-frederic-veseli-from-manchester-city-6297456.html

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:48 pm

All Rhodes lead to Celtic Park...
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:48 pm

right c ya evryone be on bout 5 ish

Cherries you douche!!! Remove my player from your squad or make me an offer!!!! I have contacted you twice about this OK

Laugh @ ED Laugh watching the other page. TBF this one hasnt been made a sticky

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:49 pm

Ooh and if ED had given just 1 goal...

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:50 pm

It's because I watch threads through my "my posts" link, so I can see whenever anyone replies on any thread I've posted on. But didn't notice it had been locked, so just thought no-one had anything to say for days Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:50 pm

Electric Demon wrote:Guys I am so Sorry - I didn't vote because I forgot we had to.

I thought this place had been dead for days... but I've been watching the old banter thread for comments Laugh That's why I didn't see the reminders.

What a klutz!

Laugh

Well done on the Benfica win though, definitely deserved it for me.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:53 pm

Thanks mate. That Helguson injury worked out well for me Laugh

I might be getting the hang of this at last. Apart from the late tactics. And the missed voting. Am I right in thinking I don't have an euro match this week, so I don't need to do tactics until Friday's league deadline?

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:54 pm

You might have a domestic fixture though midweek?

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:55 pm

So where will Zaha end up? if anywhere lol
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 31 Jan 2012, 1:57 pm

Nick's Cup
Liverpool v Arsenal
PSG v Lyon
Byes: Benfica & Villarreal

Bye for Benfica, so no domestic cup game for ED.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:01 pm

Carlos Kameni and Darron Gibson will both be sold to lawyers tomorrow unless someone wants to outbid the offers.

Cheers

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:01 pm

After all the bother you went to to get Gibson!!
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:01 pm

Where is Marky!!! I want to taunt him lol

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:03 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/serie-a/2012/01/25/2865705/inter-want-me-claims-schalke-starlet-julian-draxler

He didn't show that loyalty when he joined Fiorentina. We must be a bigger pull than Arsenal and Inter
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:04 pm

TSC wrote:After all the bother you went to to get Gibson!!

It wasn't that much hassle getting him, plus I make 2M profit. He hasn't made a big impact at Everton yet, and even if he does, he would not replace Pjanic in my team

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by TwisT Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:05 pm

Oh and to be honest, I am a bit bored with my team, so am doing a mass shake-up. Can't get a win to save my life.

TwisT

Back to top Go down

Post by Fan Gilhaus Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:09 pm

Well played Nick

Gaitan at Liverpool now so have got a very nice attacking midfield

Perotti--Ilicic--Gaitan

with M'Vila and Vidal behind its pretty good imo, Marchisio on the bench lol

-----Mvila--Vidal-----
Perotti--Ilicic--Gaitan

got to be happy with that

Pato to PSG - told ya he was moving

Fan Gilhaus

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:10 pm

http://laligauk.com/BlogPosts/view/id/48.html

Also, didn't know much about this guy when I snapped him up from releases, but sounds decent!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:14 pm

I quite like Miranda (the footballer rather than the behemoth comedienne). Seen a bit of him paired up with with Godin and not looked too shabby.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:16 pm

I had only seen bits and pieces of him and thought he was alright, but that blog makes it sound like he could be better than that and perhaps is still settling in.

Tall, quick, superb man marker and good on the ball too
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:17 pm

I was considering snapping him up from releases as well when I had the cash available so he's certainly a decent squad player.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Afro Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:18 pm

There are some good players in the releases. Managers clearly needed cash quickly!
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down

Post by nick_fury Tue 31 Jan 2012, 2:20 pm

Played Fan OK

I was 1 goal vote away from the win, your were 4 off (unless we both got there then draw) so was close.

Gaitan is a mahoosive improvement on Walcott as a winger.

Miranda (the footballer rather than the behemoth comedienne)
Bet you like her too, both Jacamos

Miranda is being touted for big things. Big Tings Gwan

nick_fury

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next