The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chavez toughest test yet - Will he win?

+3
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Steffan
WelshDevilRob
7 posters

Go down

Chavez toughest test yet - Will he win? Empty Chavez toughest test yet - Will he win?

Post by WelshDevilRob Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:59 pm

Middleweight Julio Cesar Chavez Jr 44(31)-0-1 vs Marco Antonio Rubio 53(46)-5(3)-1 - WBC middleweight title

Some have accused the young Chavez of living off the family name rather than his ability. Saturday sees his mandatory defence against hard hitting Rubio.

Will Chavez pass the test or be exposed?

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Chavez toughest test yet - Will he win? Empty Re: Chavez toughest test yet - Will he win?

Post by Steffan Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:24 pm

Chavez got this one in the bag

People will always accuse you of that when your old man is such a legend

As long as he gets the business done it keeps the haters at bay

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Chavez toughest test yet - Will he win? Empty Re: Chavez toughest test yet - Will he win?

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:22 pm

Looks like he is improving so i would say yes

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:37 pm

I don't know, Rubio is the first opponent he has fought who has enough power to hurt him. If he fought like he did vs zbik, i.e. Defending with his face ten Rubio will bust him up. Manfredo isn't very good IMO but Chavez looked good beating him and should adopt those tactics to beat Rubio

Rubio thrives being the underdog, and I think that he has the chin to outgun Chavez

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:43 pm

Rubio is a tough night for anyone, he should prove a stern test for Chavez but i think Chavez will box his way to a safe decision.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:16 am

Chavez will win if he stays vertical, can't see Rubio being given a decision. That said one of Chavez few good attributes is that he seems to have a pretty sturdy chin and is a massive Middleweight so I think he should be able to take Rubios best shots and take it on points. Will be close and competitive though.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:52 pm

Watched the Zbik fight and as long as JCC jr stays upright he will win. Only way I see him losing is by KO. He looks huge for a middleweight as well, that might drain him getting down to 160 and could possibly be a factor.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:55 pm

Fight is live on Boxnation.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down