The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chavez fails drug test.

+12
Valero's Conscience
bellchees
AlexHuckerby
Herman Jaeger
mobilemaster8
School Project
azania
ONETWOFOREVER
ShahenshahG
John Bloody Wayne
The genius of PBF
hampo17
16 posters

Go down

Chavez fails drug test. Empty Chavez fails drug test.

Post by hampo17 Wed 19 Sep 2012, 9:47 pm

RingTV.com has confirmed a report that middleweight Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. has tested positive for marijuana metabolites consistent with the use of the drug in the aftermath of Saturday night's unanimous decision loss to RING champion Sergio Martinez that dethroned him as WBC titleholder, according to sources familiar with the results.

Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer said that he has not received all of the test results, that he will not receive them "until Friday or Monday," and that he can not comment until he does receive them.

"Top Rank is reviewing the situation," read an official statement given to RingTV.com. "Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. will have an opportunity to explain about the situation to the Nevada State Athletic Commission."

Chavez can be penalized or fined for the entire amount of his $3 million purse, suspended for up to a year, or a combination of both.

The infraction is the third known instance in which Chavez (46-1-1, 32 knockouts) has been associated with either a banned substance or alcohol abuse.

Chavez tested positive for a banned substance which was a diuretic following his unanimous decision victory over Troy Rowland in November, of 2009, at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

The result of the Rowland fight was later changed to a "no decision," Chavez was fined $10,000, and he was suspended for seven months by the NSAC.

Arrested on Jan. 22 for allegedly driving drunk, Chavez struck a plea deal in mid-June, which granted him three years of probation and ordered him to to attend 30 Alcoholics Anonymous meetings, the latter of which he already had completed.

Despite his legal issue, Chavez successfully defended his belt against Marco Antonio Rubio on Feb. 4 in San Antonio on HBO despite being in relatively bad shape and having to lose an astronomical amount of weight the day before the fight.

Trained by five-time Trainer of the Year Freddie Roach, Chavez was in much better shape for his seventh-round stoppage victory over challenger Andy Lee in June.

Chavez dropped Martinez (50-2-2, 28 KOs) in the 12th round of a fight during which he was awarded only four of the 36 rounds scored by judges Dave Moretti, Adalaide Byrd and Stanley Christodoulu, who had Martinez winning, 118-109 twice, and, by 117-110.

No doubt it'll get brushed under the carpet.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Chavez fails drug test. Empty Re: Chavez fails drug test.

Post by The genius of PBF Wed 19 Sep 2012, 9:49 pm

Trying to steal my article mad

The genius of PBF

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 19 Sep 2012, 9:51 pm

I hardly think smoking weed gives him an unfair advantage.

Explains the low workrate though, he was just kinda chilled mon.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 19 Sep 2012, 9:53 pm

The genius of PBF wrote:Trying to steal my article mad

Laugh

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 19 Sep 2012, 9:53 pm

i'm warming to the guy Smoke weed all dayyyyyyyy

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:00 pm

Chavez jr was smoking that ouuuuuuuuuuuuuweeeeeeeeeee!

but his dad looked like he was on something A LOT STRONGER.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:04 pm

Roach: Julio y-you gotta cut off-
Junior: Excuse me while I light my spliff...

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:07 pm

No big deal.

Many young guys his age burns the weed. Probably he had the munchies and ate himself up a division.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:15 pm

Chad Dawson was suspended for 6 months (which in boxing terms doesn't do a lot of damage).

However, given the fat lazy fools previous "issues" he's become the Lindsey Lohan of boxing!

1. Dieretics.
2. Horse Steroids.
3. Drink Driving.
4. Not showing up to training.
5. "Friends in high places".
6. Caught with weed in his system.

It's no wonder he woke up at 6pm every day and showed little to no interest in what his Dad was saying to him whilst he stuffed his face with Lucky Charms...

I just hope that the junky is dropped by Arum (especially after what Arum said about his performance) and Roach.

I hate him and I hate his face.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:19 pm

A bit OTT there SP.

What happened to Chad? Was he on something?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:24 pm

He must have had the munchies hence why he was constantly eating Sergios fists

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by School Project Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:27 pm

azania wrote:A bit OTT there SP.

What happened to Chad? Was he on something?

I don't see anything over the top with what I said, it's the complete truth (apart from the Lucky Charms, he could have been stuffing his fat face with Cheerios for all I know).

Chad was caught with marijuana in his system and was banned for 6 months in 2004 or 2005. Didn't do much damage to his career, but he was squeaky clean before that.

School Project

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:32 pm

Is marijuana a PED?

I think this is actually a reasonable question.

Why? Well the Zulus(a great people,) always took a certain potion before they went into battle. Well guess what- it was a mixture of mushrooms and marijuana.

So you could make a case for it's hypnotic benefits. Putting the user into a trance.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 19 Sep 2012, 11:59 pm

Herman Jaggery wrote:Is marijuana a PED?

I think this is actually a reasonable question.

Why? Well the Zulus(a great people,) always took a certain potion before they went into battle. Well guess what- it was a mixture of mushrooms and marijuana.

So you could make a case for it's hypnotic benefits. Putting the user into a trance.

Quite the opposite to a PED. Unless its sex you're talking about.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Thu 20 Sep 2012, 1:17 am

He doesn't really make it easy liking him does he?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 20 Sep 2012, 1:19 am

Certainly a poweful aphrodisiac az, though SWIM says that it hugely increases desire but diminishes performance. Horses for courses I guess.

Thing is though that if you have to contemplate you're going to be smelling blood within possibly a matter of hours, and tearing flesh, or that your time on the planet could shortly be up, never see the mrs again, then the mind wouldn't allow you to think of sex. The thrill of the kill would take over. Nothing else would be on your mind. Except kill or be killed.

So in simple terms, they must have believed(known,) marijuana, like alcohol, could induce other impulses than sex. Darker impulses. In the right environment.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by bellchees Thu 20 Sep 2012, 1:34 am

Can't believe this...... Chavez took a drug test?

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Thu 20 Sep 2012, 4:57 am

A shot of Brandy before a fight would be a ped wouldn't it? Anything which gives a psychological boost is just as much a ped as something which gives a physical boost is it not?

Of course Chavez may have smoked a few days before the fight(one joint can stay in the blood for 3 days approx., three joints or more can still be traceable up to four even six weeks,) in which case it would be Draconian to ban him for a year and take his purse imo. That's what they think should happen if you go on Eastside, but there are a lot of Nazis on there.

Only if he smoked it directly before the fight would it or could it be performance enhancing imo, and only then could he expect a severe punishment imo. No way of proving it of course. I think he should get a rap on the knuckles and warned not to do it again.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Thu 20 Sep 2012, 7:05 am

There is no way it can enhance performance, it could only work against him I.e. Slowed down reactions and that's only if he smoked soon before the fight which I highly doubt.

Most likely he smoked a little in the run in to the fight and was simply in his system but had no impact on his performance.

I don't think anyone would seriously say it's performance enhancing but it's a banned substance so will get punished either way.

A famous MMA fighter Nick Diaz was done for the same thing earlier this year. He was fined about $60k and banned for a 9 months I think. This was the second time he was done for weed and the first time the commission ruled the weed may cause him to not feel the full force of his opponants punches which I think is ridiculous and sure was just in his system and nothing else.

(It was actually a very good fight 'Nick Diaz vs Gomi' if anyone wanted to watch albeit wrong board!)

I don't think any fighter would smoke weed right before a fight even if it was fully legal.

Chavez's camp will probably use it to promote the rematch more I.e. "He took Martinez to points and knocked him down and he was under the influence blah, blah, blah..."

With this latest in a string of events you have to question hs desire to succeed to the top which I doubted before this.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 20 Sep 2012, 11:17 am

Hahahaha there is no way Chavez Jr smoked a joint just before the fight Laugh

He should be fined a portion of his purse.

Remember, Juanma Lopez got a year ban for calling the referee a gambler. If Jr gets 6 months for taking drugs then this sport is an even bigger joke that it looks sometimes.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 20 Sep 2012, 11:57 am

He could always argue the case that the Olympic snowboarders did a few years back, saying it was passive smoke, part of the culture they are surrounded by, but no sir I did not smoke the cigar. There is no real way to argue against it.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 20 Sep 2012, 11:59 am

And regarding the zulus, it's no wonder Michael cane killed millions of them, if they were running around baked and tripping. Shooting fish in a barrel.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 20 Sep 2012, 12:00 pm

its probably true haha Chavez sr was smoking like no mans business

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 20 Sep 2012, 1:11 pm

I reckon it's all part of an elaborate ploy.

Given the humiliating schooling he received for 11.5 rounds there was no way he had a shot at a rematch and Martinez is the biggest pay day out there for him.

So, as soon as he's behind closed doors, someone sparks up a doobie, he has a couple of tokes and then goes for his drug test (something he'd managed to walk away from after previous fights).

Then, knowing the results would come out, he could play the excuse (I had the chemicals of lethargy still in my system) and rematch hype (given it up, drugs are baaaaad, reformed character, 2nd chance etc) cards.

Hey presto, we have a undeserved unwarranted super-fight rematch which uncle Jose can fix to get the title back.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu 20 Sep 2012, 11:09 pm

i dont care how baked you are, a quick doobie before the fight aint guna numb the pain diddly squat when sergio martinez punches you in the face, and with the amount of adrenaline in his system i doubt his reactions were slowed much either.

simple solution, legialise da herb

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 20 Sep 2012, 11:53 pm

OK

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down