The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beltran fails drug test

+7
TopHat24/7
AdamT
BoxingFan88
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Hammersmith harrier
TRUSSMAN66
hampo17
11 posters

Go down

Beltran fails drug test Empty Beltran fails drug test

Post by hampo17 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:15 pm

His fight with Soto has now been cancelled, hopefully he gets banned for a long time.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12993424/raymundo-beltran-tests-positive-anabolic-steroid-stanozolol-humberto-soto-fight-canceled

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Beltran fails drug test Empty Re: Beltran fails drug test

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:21 pm

Wouldn't be too hard on him Stanozol is more of a cutting agent than a performance enhancer...

Not something to take If you like having hair...

Probably looked a little flabby and was a bit over..

Not like he banged in some Test C or E...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:50 pm

Considering he was overweight as it was against Ao it's not something to be taken lightly Truss.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Wouldn't be too hard on him Stanozol is more of a cutting agent  than a performance

Can be used to mask aswell

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 04 Jun 2015, 8:19 am

Soto fight was cancelled anyway cause Soto had a knee injury, I thought he looked huge against Ao

There should be a zero tolerance policy, so he should get a lengthy ban

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 04 Jun 2015, 9:49 am

Probably juicing for the Burns fight aswell and wrecked his jaw.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 04 Jun 2015, 9:52 am

Winstrol can issue huge strength gains. It is also very sore on joints, so I doubt he was using it alone.

I think alot of these boxers are on HGH. Very hard to test for. The detection window is very limited.

Rumor is a lot of the athletes that are tested these days, go down the HGH/igf road because they are much harder to detect than basic steroids.

Testosterone suspension will probably be used with Epitestosterone in equal measures, so they will produce a false negative when Testosterone/Epitestosterone readings are tested. I think you are allowed a 4:1 reading. Anymore than 4, you have been a naughty boy.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:23 am

Anyone more than 4......hello Lamont Peterson.

Pity the IBF and WSAC didn't seem to care......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:24 am

Drugs is rife in the sport. It is rife in MMA and I don't see boxing being any different. Just glad more are getting caught!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:36 am

Winny is an anabolic steroid. Ben Johnson wasn't using it to cut weight.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:53 am

Strongback wrote:Winny is an anabolic steroid.  Ben Johnson wasn't using it to cut weight.

It is a good steroid for those that want to stay at a similar bodyweight. I don't think it is meant to add much mass. It is more for power and hardening the muscles.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:25 am

Knowing boxing it will make little difference to his career. Chavez got a 9 month ban, which means you miss what, 1 fight?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:30 am

Yeah the ban's are a joke.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:50 am

AdamT wrote:Winstrol can issue huge strength gains. It is also very sore on joints, so I doubt he was using it alone.

I think alot of these boxers are on HGH. Very hard to test for. The detection window is very limited.

Rumor is a lot of the athletes that are tested these days, go down the HGH/igf road because they are much harder to detect than basic steroids.

Testosterone suspension will probably be used with Epitestosterone in equal measures, so they will produce a false negative when Testosterone/Epitestosterone readings are tested. I think you are allowed a 4:1 reading. Anymore than 4, you have been a naughty boy.

Your allowed 6:1 which is bad IMO

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:51 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
AdamT wrote:Winstrol can issue huge strength gains. It is also very sore on joints, so I doubt he was using it alone.

Your allowed 6:1 which is blizzare IMO

You are correct, howeve I hink wada has lowered to 4:1. Not sure if this has happened yet.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:03 pm

Truss is allowed 10-1-1.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm

WADA might of done but I know the USADA haven't. The worrying thing for me is without random testing in place, which it certainly is not, boxers can cheat the system. And if they are very clever they can even do this with sporadic random testing. Testosterone suspension has a detection time of 12 to 36/48 hours max, for a clean living athlete taking in the best food an athlete can take you are looking at closer to 12 hours, now after the 12hours the synthetic testosterone is out of your system but commissions will also test the levels of testosterone in your body. They do this through the level of natural testosterone to epitestosterone ratio, in normal males it is usually a ratio of 1:1,most commissions allow a ratio of 6:1 (which is a joke in its own right), so ridding your body of the synthetic testosterone could be quite easy even under random testing as you may only have the 12 hours of time where you could urine dirty.

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:04 pm

Very Happy

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 04 Jun 2015, 12:05 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:WADA might of done but I know the USADA haven't. The worrying thing for me is without random testing in place, which it certainly is not, boxers can cheat the system. And if they are very clever they can even do this with sporadic random testing. Testosterone suspension has a detection time of 12 to 36/48 hours max, for a clean living athlete taking in the best food an athlete can take you are looking at closer to 12 hours, now after the 12hours the synthetic testosterone is out of your system but commissions will also test the levels of testosterone in your body. They do this through the level of natural testosterone to epitestosterone ratio, in normal males it is usually a ratio of 1:1,most commissions allow a ratio of 6:1 (which is a joke in its own right), so ridding your body of the synthetic testosterone could be quite easy even under random testing as you may only have the 12 hours of time where you could urine dirty.

FFS soldier, are you Victor Conte HA!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 04 Jun 2015, 1:32 pm

A
AdamT wrote:
Strongback wrote:Winny is an anabolic steroid.  Ben Johnson wasn't using it to cut weight.

It is a good steroid for those that want to stay at a similar bodyweight. I don't think it is meant to add much mass. It is more for power and hardening the muscles.

Back in the day bodybuilders used d-Bol as their oral in the off season and replaced it with winny pre-contest as it doesn't have the bloat effect associated with d-Bol.  If you take Winny on its own you will achieve strength and most definitely muscle gains providing you are not on a restricted diet.  As it's normally used with another compound it's likely Beltran is probably on other things.  Didn't he train at the Wild Card, probably knows Azina.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 04 Jun 2015, 1:53 pm

He maybe lifted Mannys workout bag

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 04 Jun 2015, 2:13 pm

AdamT wrote:He maybe lifted Mannys workout bag

He was Manny's sparring partner at one stage.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 04 Jun 2015, 2:14 pm

Ariza was giving him milkshakes!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 04 Jun 2015, 2:38 pm

Peterson was within the legal limit for Testosterone which under USADA guidelines would mean they wouldn't test for Synthetic T but WADA do it regardless so he was probably using it prior to that fight just like Beltran now.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 04 Jun 2015, 7:54 pm

All joking aside lads, it is a sad state of affairs. That's professional sports for you now.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by sab275 Thu 04 Jun 2015, 9:27 pm

Really disappointed to hear this. This guy really deserved a world belt (assuming he wasn't cheating previously), but looks like he thrown away his career.

sab275

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 04 Jun 2015, 10:35 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Your allowed 6:1 which is bad IMO

I think we all agree its bad but if they didn't allow these levels would any boxer pass a test? Drugs are part & parcel of every pro sport nowadays and the authorities realize this, hence why they allow a certain amount.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down