The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread

+39
slartibartfast
samuraidragon
glamorganalun
Rory_Gallagher
king_carlos
Casartelli
Breadvan
Shifty
Glas a du
miteyironpaw
Cymroglan
sportform
The Great Aukster
trebellbobaggins
eirebilly
thebluesmancometh
Alex_Germany
english warrior
BigTrevsbigmac
maestegmafia
SolvableKnave
SecretFly
nobbled
Luckless Pedestrian
beshocked
gowales
EngInAuck
Knowsit17
overlordofthewest
nganboy
red_stag
Driver
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Thomond
Scot Abroad
majesticimperialman
mystiroakey
RubyGuby
Duty281
43 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread - Page 3 Empty The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread

Post by Duty281 Mon 30 Jan 2012, 9:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread - Page 3 73965182

Suck in some of that English patriotism lads, because this brave, new and inventful England will win us our first Grand Slam since '03!

First game on Saturday is the Scots. Negative, boring Scotland. It doesn't look like any rain will be coming so we English will score tries to our hearts content. Easy 15 point win.

After that, a trip to Rome to take on Italy. Sure this is difficult if you're the French, but not if your England. Speaking of which, an easy 30+ point win will be recorded here.

Then the Welsh. Those cocky, overrated Welsh. A game on England's green and pleasant land will sort them out, just like last time. They'll have their excuses ready I'm sure (It wasn't a sending-off Ref!) but ultimately, another easy win for the brave English.

Then away to France. Ignore the loss at the last World Cup with an ageing squad, this England team are the real deal. Instead, think of Agincourt and Waterloo. When we stand tall, we'll make them regret the day that they took on England! 4/4.

Then the last leg of the trip. Home to the Irish on St. Patrick's Day. Doesn't mean a thing in England. It'll be close but the English will triumph as we so often do.

2012 Grand Slam achieved and a new dawn for English Rugby.

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread - Page 3 Oflgengrrose2

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread

Post by glamorganalun Sat 25 Feb 2012, 7:02 pm

I still can'r see why AW Jones started and Ryan Jones on the bench, AW Jones was not in the game and gave England a big advantage in the forwards, Gatland must reward players on form, it will be interesting what he does for the Italian game, I hope it is a full side with R Jones playing 6, 8 or 4 but I can see why he is a bench player as he is so good in any back two rows.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread

Post by glamorganalun Sat 25 Feb 2012, 7:08 pm

Scabby should be back for Italy.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Sat 25 Feb 2012, 8:54 pm

Wales thouroughly deserved their victory and toughed out what was a very good and hard game.

Plus side, England attacked well with Tuilagi, but strettle is too lightweight for this standard and should be replaced. Well done again to Wales, but has anyone noticed that it was our replacements that seemed to man sausage everything up for us. I was Glad when England scrum half went off (forgot his name) but was horrified when Youngs, Lawes and stevens kept getting things wrong.

Farrell going off was the turning point with England also giving silly penalties away. Well done Wales, but no sour grapes i don't begrudge you today!! thumbsup

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 25 Feb 2012, 8:58 pm

A draw would have been about right, Warrior. OK

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Sat 25 Feb 2012, 9:03 pm

It Wales a close one

My score before hand was 19 -21 to Wales as I thought it would be a tight game.

I was disappointed when Wales chose to kick instead of a repeat 5 meter scrum.

Anyway,
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Sat 25 Feb 2012, 9:49 pm

A moral grandslam is still on, and looking likely after today's performance.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 26 Feb 2012, 10:25 am

miteyironpaw wrote:A moral grandslam is still on, and looking likely after today's performance.

Well we might be able to take 2nd place if we can beat Ireland and France and I wouldn't half mind that. Theoretically, we still have a chance of winning the title but I don't see Wales losing to France or Italy and, even if they did lose one, the points difference would be too great to overcome.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Smirnoffpriest Sun 26 Feb 2012, 11:20 am

miteyironpaw wrote:A moral grandslam is still on, and looking likely after today's performance.

What a pathetic and quite tedious wum

Smirnoffpriest

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Sun 26 Feb 2012, 12:00 pm

Smirnoffpriest wrote:

What a pathetic and quite tedious wum

And yet enough to hook you into replying Smirnoff Doh
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Sun 26 Feb 2012, 12:18 pm

Smirnoff hooked

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:39 am

So let me get this right, Mitey: You're claiming moral victories in the games England actually won, as well as in the defeat on Saturday? That's a new one on me.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:54 am

I think it was a moral victory for England

"Plucky England just come up short against Welsh Giants"

sort of has a nice feel to it. Well played England thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by damage_13 Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:56 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:

So let me get this right, Mitey: You're claiming moral victories in the games England actually won, as well as in the defeat on Saturday? That's a new one on me.

well it shouldn't be, given that Wales crowned themselves Moral Victors after the RWC Very Happy

damage_13

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:57 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:

Being the moral victor in victory is just as important as being the moral victor in defeat, there's nothing worse than getting a moral victory in defeat and then messing it up with a moral loss in victory. As I'm sure Wales will now be keenly aware after being bailed out by referees three weeks in a row. thumbsup
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Mon 27 Feb 2012, 11:59 am

"has anyone noticed that it was our replacements that seemed to man sausage everything up for us"

Yes, I couldn't understand why they took Dickson off. Lawes got caught by surprise, although if anyone had researched Scott Williams, that's a trick he does really quite often. Flood did okay replacing Farrell, though.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:01 pm

Your wummery's making me tired, Mitey.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by thebluesmancometh Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:01 pm

english warrior

I agree a draw wouldve been about right, and both teams wouldve settled come full time I'm sure!!

BUT

Tuilagi was poor, butchered one, lost in defence late on and partly to blame for the winner, whereas Strettle had a very good game, ankle tap on North for what couldve been an opener (Fodens heart was in his mouth) And for me grounded the last attempt after riding the hit of 1/2p's life, and rolling over. Solid defensively and underused by Tuilagi (strettle couldve walked in if Tuilagi had more about him)

Also Dickson was very good, gave Farrell a really easy ride with quick and very accurate ball.

I think the English subs were forced on due to the games pressure and they never really got up to speed.

thebluesmancometh

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:05 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:Your wummery's making me tired, Mitey.

Any more than the bluesmans?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:11 pm

I'm too tired to notice anyone else's now.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Mon 27 Feb 2012, 12:12 pm

Well this is like the day after the fair isn't it.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3