The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread

+39
slartibartfast
samuraidragon
glamorganalun
Rory_Gallagher
king_carlos
Casartelli
Breadvan
Shifty
Glas a du
miteyironpaw
Cymroglan
sportform
The Great Aukster
trebellbobaggins
eirebilly
thebluesmancometh
Alex_Germany
english warrior
BigTrevsbigmac
maestegmafia
SolvableKnave
SecretFly
nobbled
Luckless Pedestrian
beshocked
gowales
EngInAuck
Knowsit17
overlordofthewest
nganboy
red_stag
Driver
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Thomond
Scot Abroad
majesticimperialman
mystiroakey
RubyGuby
Duty281
43 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread - Page 2 Empty The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread

Post by Duty281 Mon 30 Jan 2012, 9:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread - Page 2 73965182

Suck in some of that English patriotism lads, because this brave, new and inventful England will win us our first Grand Slam since '03!

First game on Saturday is the Scots. Negative, boring Scotland. It doesn't look like any rain will be coming so we English will score tries to our hearts content. Easy 15 point win.

After that, a trip to Rome to take on Italy. Sure this is difficult if you're the French, but not if your England. Speaking of which, an easy 30+ point win will be recorded here.

Then the Welsh. Those cocky, overrated Welsh. A game on England's green and pleasant land will sort them out, just like last time. They'll have their excuses ready I'm sure (It wasn't a sending-off Ref!) but ultimately, another easy win for the brave English.

Then away to France. Ignore the loss at the last World Cup with an ageing squad, this England team are the real deal. Instead, think of Agincourt and Waterloo. When we stand tall, we'll make them regret the day that they took on England! 4/4.

Then the last leg of the trip. Home to the Irish on St. Patrick's Day. Doesn't mean a thing in England. It'll be close but the English will triumph as we so often do.

2012 Grand Slam achieved and a new dawn for English Rugby.

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread - Page 2 Oflgengrrose2

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:56 pm

trebellbobaggins wrote:The team is much worse now?

Can't agree there. Not being based around the midlands teams that both took pastings away in Ireland of late anymore is no bad thing, too many players not having to fight for their place who weren't good enough.

They finally picked youth with potential, they've just done it so late that they're going to have a tough year settle in.

Oh and they got rid of wells.. Better in every way really.

What, Dowson and Palmer?

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: The Official *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012* Thread

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat 11 Feb 2012, 9:58 pm

Actually palmer looks to have been solid, dowson not so much.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 11 Feb 2012, 10:26 pm

Now as mutch as i would like to see England getting a Grand Slam, in this 6ns i think is a little optimystic in my opinion. Yes so far England have played 2 won 2, that by no means says that they will win a Grand Slam.

England should not get complacent , they have played 2 tough games away, and won 2 tough games away from home that is.

So like i say, I would like to see an England Grand Slam at the end onf this 6ns

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by trebellbobaggins Sat 11 Feb 2012, 10:30 pm

With there they are I'd be delighted with second place to be honest.

trebellbobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sat 11 Feb 2012, 10:38 pm

Have England got Nike to do the 'T' shirts yet? I like to get one before they er... go out of fashion.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by EngInAuck Sun 12 Feb 2012, 3:00 am

The Great Aukster wrote:Have England got Nike to do the 'T' shirts yet? I like to get one before they er... go out of fashion.

Unfortunately not , but you can buy the "Scotland Calcutta cup winners" Shirts from the SRU no rush though , i have a feeling they will find it hard to shift the stock they have for a while.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/scotland/9049601/Scotland-v-England-SRU-red-faced-after-selling-Calcutta-Cup-winners-T-shirts-online-ahead-of-Six-Nations-opener.html
EngInAuck
EngInAuck

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sun 12 Feb 2012, 3:04 am

trebellbobaggins wrote:They finally picked youth with potential, they've just done it so late that they're going to have a tough year settle in.

Oh and they got rid of wells.. Better in every way really.
The trouble will start when they bring in a new 'better' coach.

sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 12 Feb 2012, 6:01 pm

So today I saw Wales triumph over Scotland. Roman Poite had a big hand in Wales' victory and those silly Welsh actually think they're going to beat their big brothers in 13 days time. What a load of twaddle, the only way they'll win is if the ref is on their side which, in fairness, has happened in their first two games.

England 26-9 Wales (Easy)

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Cymroglan Sun 12 Feb 2012, 6:09 pm

Duty281 I think it will be a very good game with both sides on two from two.

PS the guy that cuckold you is probably not a member of the site so go easy Hug

Cymroglan

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:04 pm

Lovely weather for tomorrow to beat the arrogant, cocky Welsh who are forecasting a Grand Slam on the back of a dodgy last minute pen against Ireland and tries against 13-man Scotland. Judging by the teams and the weather:

England 31-13 Wales

Cue the Welsh fans complaining about the Aussie referee we have or that are tries were lucky. Enjoy the match my fellow Englishmen, victory is sweet but its even sweeter when it's against the Welsh!

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:08 pm

Lovely weather for tomorrow to beat the arrogant, cocky Welsh who are forecasting a Grand Slam on the back of a dodgy last minute pen against Ireland and tries against 13-man Scotland.

Posted on the thread *England to Grand Slam Glory 2012*

Waiter, some salt for my irony!

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:10 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:
Lovely weather for tomorrow to beat the arrogant, cocky Welsh who are forecasting a Grand Slam on the back of a dodgy last minute pen against Ireland and tries against 13-man Scotland.

The difference is we're England, the greatest country there ever is or was. They're Wales who, in comparison are minute.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:17 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:

laughing

I get really hacked off with the "England are arrogant" tag, but can hardly blame people for using it when this drivel gets posted.

nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:18 pm

Yes you're right, 54 wins is minute when set against 56 wins.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:32 pm

nobbled wrote:
Knowsit17 wrote:

laughing

I get really hacked off with the "England are arrogant" tag, but can hardly blame people for using it when this drivel gets posted.

Not at all, it's all banter and in the case of this thread harmless pre-tournament optimism from England fans thumbsup

Actually more excited ahead of tomorrow's game than I've been in a long time, certainly more than I've ever been ahead of a Twickers clash. I think the nervous edge which clung to the players and supporters ahead of big games is beginning to get beaten down by patient optimism. Effectively I think Wales tomorrow will be fired up but at the same time calculating and appreciative of the English threat. That's why I think we'll win and win well (owned up for in advance if I'm wrong).

The team and coaching staff is aware that with consistency comes the occasional favourites tag and thus to be a consistant side you must learn to live with said tag. It's succeeding in that department which will bring us a step closer to becoming a full-time competitive side Wales

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:46 pm

Well, Wales have already shown their hand in this years 6N, whereas England have kept their powder dry.

England have had two weeks to analyse Wales, whereas Wales will have learnt nothing from the tapes of the 2nd string England playing a conservative game plan thus far.

The over-confidence of Welsh fans here really shows that Lancaster has played a very canny game thus far.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:49 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:...whereas England have kept their powder dry.

That's what worries me. I mean the England backs have been so bad, so terrible, dire in fact, it must be a case of not wanting to give too much away ahead of this match, mustn't it?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:49 pm

I don't think England are as bad as being made out. Murrayfield is always a bit more than a rugby match and nearly always a battle of attrition, while Italy was played in snow and ice.

The key difference between Wales and England is...
Wales have to play well to win against everyone apart from Scotland and Italy, and England can be garbage and still win most of the time against anyone in the 6 Nations.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:50 pm

Laugh Yeah cheers Alyn Doh
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:53 pm

Within 24 hours of kick-off, and you boys are losing your mettle already?

How predictable Whistle
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:53 pm

Glas a du wrote:
miteyironpaw wrote:...whereas England have kept their powder dry.

That's what worries me. I mean the England backs have been so bad, so terrible, dire in fact, it must be a case of not wanting to give too much away ahead of this match, mustn't it?

F censored ing hope so...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:54 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:Within 24 hours of kick-off, and you boys are losing your mettle already?

How predictable Whistle

I was never that confident to start with...
I was against Scotland, but I haven't forgotten 1994, and never will! Whistle
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 24 Feb 2012, 5:01 pm

An overwhelming majority of English posters have been predicting their own side's doom all week, just look at the prediction thread. So I'd say our collective mettle is fine in comparison. Alyn and a couple of other regular culprits have proven to have insides of jelly time and time again with their depressed and terror-oriented predictions, hasn't affected the campaign yet and I'd be surprised if it does tomorrow.

As I said, the time of nerves ahead of big games in Wales is coming to an end, see for yourselves in 23 hours king

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 24 Feb 2012, 5:43 pm

Of course both sets of fans are going to be very nervous, it is to be expected so soon before a big match. As a neutral, i am really looking forward to it Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Fri 24 Feb 2012, 6:50 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Alyn and a couple of other regular culprits have proven to have insides of jelly time and time again with their depressed and terror-oriented predictions, hasn't affected the campaign yet and I'd be surprised if it does tomorrow.

I've seen Wales go to England before as favorites going for a grand slam (1994), where as England were a shambles and could not score a try for love or money. Tries by Rory Underwood and Tim Rodber and we were clinging on to try and win the championship at the end!

The bottom line is what has gone on before now is irrelevant, the score starts at 0-0 and both teams are good enough to win. The fact is England are not as strong as they could be, but I have never seen Wales have it easy at Twickenham, and truthfully any time we do beat them it is by the skin of our teeth, in a tight hard fought game.

Personally I think people are writing England off too easily, Murrayfield is a tough place to play, and any team would struggle to play in the snow. Wales are playing with confidence which always makes us dangerous, but you only have to see Warburtons red card to see how easily things can come crashing down!

I'm hopeful but cautious, against England. Against Scotland I was certain we'd win because they never deliver against Wales, but England do I'm afraid.

Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 5:48 pm

Well done Wales, on balance I think you deserved that. No excuses from me, enjoy your Triple Crown.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 25 Feb 2012, 5:52 pm

We were rubbish and we won at Twickenham. Despite Priestland.

Warbs and Lydiate were magnificent.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 25 Feb 2012, 5:53 pm

can some one ban that muppet!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 25 Feb 2012, 5:58 pm

Casartelli wrote:We were rubbish and we won at Twickenham. Despite Priestland.

Warbs and Lydiate were magnificent.

Are you just going to go across every thread on this game posting that?

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 25 Feb 2012, 5:59 pm

Yep.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:01 pm

your clever

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:01 pm

But Wales weren't even rubbish, I just thought England thoroughly outplayed them right up until the end of the game. Lydiate is such an overrated player IMO. I thought Robshaw was the best back rower on the pitch followed by Warburton. Once again I thought the call for Warburton to be MOM was a strange one. Tuilagi was punching holes in the welsh defence for fun. Farrell was in total control for that match. Such a shame he got injured.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:06 pm

In fairness, Tuilagi is an absolute handful. He'll punch holes in any defence.

Usually, I think Lydiate is massively overrated but he fronted up today.

Warburton is world class. If McCaw had pulled off that Tuilagi tackle (he wouldn't have - he isn't fast enough) it would have been all 'best 7 ever...blah...blah'

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:06 pm

Casartelli wrote:Yep.

Oh dear.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:09 pm

Well that's another batch of t-shirts wasted for England... Whistle

Just joking it's frightening that England can be rebuilding from scratch and still be as good if not better than Wales at their best.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:11 pm

king_carlos wrote:
Casartelli wrote:Yep.

Oh dear.

Oh dear what?

Celebrate toughing out a win.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:11 pm

Casartelli wrote:In fairness, Tuilagi is an absolute handful. He'll punch holes in any defence.

Usually, I think Lydiate is massively overrated but he fronted up today.

Warburton is world class. If McCaw had pulled off that Tuilagi tackle (he wouldn't have - he isn't fast enough) it would have been all 'best 7 ever...blah...blah'

It was a great tackle. So was Strettle's tap tackle on North. So are you basing his great performance on one tackle? And no Lydiate is hugely overrated while the welsh seem to enjoy claiming he the unsung hero/mr underrated. The next Richard Hill. Laugh

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:14 pm

I agree with you Rory - but he was good today. Don't escalate this now or I'll be in the next Ryanair flight to Ulsterland to dish out a little one-on-one rugby lesson!!!

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:15 pm

I thought Warbs deserved MOTM, instrumental in defence, fixed the lineout almost single-handedly and back to his best at the breakdown.

That said I thought England were by far the better side today, bittersweet win considering we were soundly contained and outplayed for the majority of the game. Scott Williams has made a case to start against Italy with a fantastic individual try. Downer of the day was seeing Tuilagi do to us what we've been doing to other sides recently. He was one and we were several, we're going to have to front up better next time.

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:15 pm

Preistland did all he could to lose that game and give England another charge down try, I am pleased for S Williams I could not believe he did not pass for an earlier try but he sored a even better try.

Well done England they were much better with the changes made. Ben Morgan was shot at half time as expected. I felt England got away with a lot, the scrum half was around all the game and hands on the ball in rucks and Cole on the floor taking the ball from R Jones after a tackle to name a few, yes Wales had a few as well

Sorry for the clown that put this post up, it is not as if England will GS's every other year, better luck next year, Wales will be at home but a lot can change in a year.

Halfpenny had another solid game

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:17 pm

Casartelli wrote:I agree with you Rory - but he was good today. Don't escalate this now or I'll be in the next Ryanair flight to Ulsterland to dish out a little one-on-one rugby lesson!!!

I like a challenge Wink

Well played Wales though. I think England were the better side and should be very proud, but the win is what matters.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:17 pm

Casartelli wrote:
Oh dear what?

Just that you're posting it in every thread even though it was criticised in the first,more inciting an argument than debate.

Also don't like people ignoring that good defence may have stopped your attack rather than a terrible Welsh performance.

Anyway I'm off for a drink with a Welsh mate now! This could be painful steam

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:18 pm

Halfpenny was the true MOM in my opinon.

Priestland was dire. Hook was consigned to utility back role for far less, so what do we do with Rhys now???

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:21 pm

king_carlos wrote:
Casartelli wrote:
Oh dear what?

Just that you're posting it in every thread even though it was criticised in the first,more inciting an argument than debate.

Also don't like people ignoring that good defence may have stopped your attack rather than a terrible Welsh performance.

Anyway I'm off for a drink with a Welsh mate now! This could be painful steam

I love you Carlos. For your innocence and your naivete. kiss

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:32 pm

It was strange when the useless Preistland in this match went off, Wales were much the better side, I suspect that was the turning point in the game as Wales looked like winning the game with 14 men without a liability on the park. Preistland was responsible for most of England's points and chances, he is so over hyped by Jiffy and others. I suspect he will not play that bad for some time but we must have a quality flyhalf on the bench when he does have a howler and not S Jones. Farrell totally outplayed Preistland in every aspect of the game hence Wales struggled. It was noticeable all of Wales moves did not involve our flyhalf.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:37 pm

Priestland - worst perfromance by a Welsh 10 since Henson vs. Ireland. Absolutely dire. Charge down, yellow card, missed touches, aimless punts, getting turned over in own 25 after trying to run the ball, giving away kickable penalties.

His bubble has burst.

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:45 pm

dragon:

Thanks for that I thought it was me!

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:51 pm

you have preistland - we have youngs

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by samuraidragon Sat 25 Feb 2012, 6:53 pm

Luckily for him we won, so the Welsh press & public will go easy on him. Reality is the flaws in his game had become increasingly obvious since the AI game vs. Australia. It was just a question of time before he messed up bigtime.

samuraidragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 25 Feb 2012, 7:01 pm

Casartelli wrote:Halfpenny was the true MOM in my opinon.

Priestland was dire. Hook was consigned to utility back role for far less, so what do we do with Rhys now???

Play him against Italy and give him a chance to put 1 bad game behind him. He has done well in his Welsh career up until now, Personally I'd of hauled him off after he missed that touch kick from the penalty just after he came back on, but Gatland stuck with him, which would of boosted his confidence. The problem Wales don't really have a great fly half to come in and take his place, almost everyone else is in poor form as well.

The next candidate is probably Dan Biggar, so lets stick with Priestland... Whistle
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next