The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Super Middleweight Division 2012: Talent rich, fight poor

2 posters

Go down

The Super Middleweight Division 2012: Talent rich, fight poor Empty The Super Middleweight Division 2012: Talent rich, fight poor

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:29 am

www.maineventboxing.wordpress.com

So much talent in the super mids, but as of yet, no big match ups this year have been set. Wondering what you all think about it?

Carl Froch: Wants a home fight in May, and who can blame him. Once he notches a W under his belt I expect him to go for Kessler in late summer.

Andre Dirrell: Probably needs one more warm up before taking on another top SM. Wants Froch rematch I fancy, but won’t get it. Now promoting himself too. Won’t go to Quebec for Bute, Doesn't seem interested in Ward, so maybe Pavlik?

Andre Ward: Sitting top of the tree and enjoying a rest no doubt. Not a huge draw but the division is screaming out for Ward v Bute. Will be very hard to make though, both are home bodies. Perhaps Anthony Dirrell for his WBC?

Mikkel Kessler: Injury prone and perhaps looking toward the twilight of his career, but with a fight on in April against Stieglitz I expect him to be the WBO champ soon. Fingers crossed we see Froch v Kess II.

Lucian Bute: Long standing IBF champ with a lack of top fights to his credit. Wants Froch in Quebec but that doesn't seem like it is going to happen right now, so who he fights next is anyone’s guess? Dirrell won’t go there; Ward doesn't want it right now. Kessler has Stieglitz... maybe Anthony Dirrell?
Arthur Abraham: Really needs to rebuild and in all truth and his best way back might be an inhouse fight with winner of Kess Stieglitz if he can swing it. AA v Pavlik would be a good battle of the punchers.

Anthony Dirrell: Contender with a zero and plenty of heart, an exciting banger without his brothers slickness.

Sakio Bika: The ever present, tough nut from NSW is any fighter’s worst nightmare. Rough and ugly in the ring I don't see him getting many ops this year.

We also have emerging talent. Groves, Degale, Oosthuize; but none of them are ready.

So, the Super Mids; lots of talent but so far, little in the way of big fights set this year.

Last edited by Seanusarrilius on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

The Super Middleweight Division 2012: Talent rich, fight poor Empty Re: The Super Middleweight Division 2012: Talent rich, fight poor

Post by Steffan Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:38 am

Id like to see:

Ward v Bute (See who the best really is)

Froch v Kessler (Mikkel to beat up on him some more and take another victory this time in Nottingham)

Dirrell v Bika (Get Andre back into the fold with a tough fight against the Sak)

George Groves step up in class a bit more. DeGale to get his career back on track

Steffan

Back to top Go down

The Super Middleweight Division 2012: Talent rich, fight poor Empty Re: The Super Middleweight Division 2012: Talent rich, fight poor

Post by Steffan Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:46 am

By the way...havnt exactly updated your website very much recently have you

Based on your aggressive attitude to me the other day I would hardly say your a victim of apathy

Dont take it to heart though. It used to be ok but looks very neglected as of late. Maybe you have been a bit busy doing other stuff

Just saying

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:09 am

I just posted this one on there actually. Had a lot on at work and some other committments. I am over our little spat, I have had many on here so I hold no malice toward you Steffan. In truth, its a lot harder to keep up even a simple blog like mine when you work and all that. Hope to get it going a bit more regularly now Xmas is out the way. Thanks for noticing though.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:11 am

Ward vBute: a must

Froch v Kess: Natural rematch

Abraham v Pavlik: For the bombs

Dirrell v Bika: Good shout

I also like Anthony Dirrell v Bute if no Ward fight

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:16 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:I just posted this one on there actually. Had a lot on at work and some other committments. I am over our little spat, I have had many on here so I hold no malice toward you Steffan. In truth, its a lot harder to keep up even a simple blog like mine when you work and all that. Hope to get it going a bit more regularly now Xmas is out the way. Thanks for noticing though.

No worries

I was actually paying you a compliment (Steffan style Smile ) as I do enjoying reading it. I hate Xmas it always puts a spanner in the works with things so now its over keep up the good work as your articles on here and on there 'appease my tiny little mind' (your words not mine pal Wink )

Either way...best regards

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:46 am

haha, cheers Steffan, boy, I can be a tetchy woman sometimes ha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down