The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Roger Federer Contemplate Retirement After 2012

+18
sirfredperry
luciusmann
JuliusHMarx
LuvSports!
droogle
Josiah Maiestas
coolpixel
Jeremy_Kyle
spuranik
banbrotam
noleisthebest
socal1976
Mad for Chelsea
laverfan
carrieg4
Simple_Analyst
Tenez
legendkillar
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Should Roger Federer Contemplate Retirement After 2012 Empty Should Roger Federer Contemplate Retirement After 2012

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:04 pm

Borg retired early. Sampras retired at 31. One of my favourite films is American Gangster and the scene were Frank Lucas is in Thailand and his supplier tells him 'Quitting while your ahead is different to quitting'

Roger is not getting any younger and this year will turn 31. Is still enough in the game for him to continue on beyond 2012? This year will no doubt see his last opportunity to win Gold at the Olympics and also 3 Slams left in this season.

I do wonder how he manages to keep his hunger and desire to still get up, train hard and still perform at tournaments around the world. Your a 16-time Slam champion. Career Grand Slam in the bag and in most courts the GOAT.

Is there enough in the game for Federer to achieve slam success? Looking at the recent Australian Open and the final which showed that the game has past him by because the art of shot-making is a dying art and for Federer to try and find something different to achieve success is beyond limited. The net play has improved and also the BH has shown some great consistency compared in recent years.

Where do you see Federer's best chance of Slam success? Do you think he has thought about retirement seriously this year?

For me his best chance of success would be at Wimbledon. I think he may forfeit success on Clay as he may look upon Nadal and Djokovic really slugging it out and taking physical tolls on each other which would leave Wimbledon as a realistic chance of success. Maybe just maybe Flushing Meadows might offer something.

Should he play beyond 2012?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Should Roger Federer Contemplate Retirement After 2012 Empty Re: Should Roger Federer Contemplate Retirement After 2012

Post by Tenez Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:15 pm

Let's put it this way, imagine Nadal and Djoko having a bad day or being as fit as in season's end....Fed could still have won 7 more slams since A0 10. In my view, he should continue.

Tenez

Back to top Go down

Should Roger Federer Contemplate Retirement After 2012 Empty Re: Should Roger Federer Contemplate Retirement After 2012

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:44 pm

I think FO 2011 and USO 2011 were there for the taking. However, I do think at Wimbledon Tsonga deserves credit for how he transfered the form of Queens where the courts were ultra quick to the slow pace of Wimbledon. I think Federer was outperformed there from a typical grass court peformance by where Tsonga actually shrunk the court and really limited Federer's options and played a very solid net game.

I do agree that how fit Djokovic and Nadal keep themselves will be integral to what Roger can win.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:45 pm

he should continue and he will Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:53 pm

legendkillar wrote:I think FO 2011 and USO 2011 were there for the taking. However, I do think at Wimbledon Tsonga deserves credit for how he transfered the form of Queens where the courts were ultra quick to the slow pace of Wimbledon. I think Federer was outperformed there from a typical grass court peformance by where Tsonga actually shrunk the court and really limited Federer's options and played a very solid net game.

I do agree that how fit Djokovic and Nadal keep themselves will be integral to what Roger can win.

Really? Tell us how there were there for the taking.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 12:57 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:
legendkillar wrote:I think FO 2011 and USO 2011 were there for the taking. However, I do think at Wimbledon Tsonga deserves credit for how he transfered the form of Queens where the courts were ultra quick to the slow pace of Wimbledon. I think Federer was outperformed there from a typical grass court peformance by where Tsonga actually shrunk the court and really limited Federer's options and played a very solid net game.

Indeed.

Are you telling me that Nadal played the better tennis leading up to the FO final? Because that would be wishful and rather bias thinking.

Again Federer was playing the better tennis in New York and mentally capitulated against Djokovic. A far more concentrated Federer would've seen that match out.

So in your infinite wisdom do disclose where Nadal played better than Federer over a period of time in 2011?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:03 pm

So Legendkiller, according to you:

1. Federer was favourite to win the FO 2011 and was the favourite in the finals against Nadal.

2. Was favourite to win the USO 2011 and had he made the finals would have been favourite against Nadal.

Well just need a quick clarification on the above before we proceed.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:04 pm

Don't answer a question with more questions.

Answer my question above and then we can proceed.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by carrieg4 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:07 pm

legendkillar wrote:Should he play beyond 2012?

I think he should continue to play as long as he is still enjoying it. He has been remarkably injury free and obviously loves the game. How long he plays depends on how well he can handle not doing as well as he used to. Personally I hope he carries on for a year or two at least.

Last edited by carrieg4 on Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

carrieg4

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:08 pm

The saga of unrequited love continues. Laugh

The 'I Miss You' missive has been penned. Cool

SA ... what would you want him to do? Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

by legendkillar Today at 2:04 am

.Don't answer a question with more questions.

Answer my question above and then we can proceed

What question above? I don't see a question. I see a clear case of someone lacking in tennis knowledge and facts. Please amuse me on how exactly how both the FO and USO was there for the taking for Federer.

Last edited by Simple_Analyst on Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

disagree about FO 2011 LK. While Nadal was a long way off his best last year, on clay I'd back Nadal to beat Federer 99 times out of 100, his strengths match up perfectly to Fed's weaknesses. US 2011 he should have won the semi, lest we forget after the incredible/lucky return on MP he then missed three easy forehands to be broken back, but again not sure he'd have beaten Nadal in the final.

For Federer to win another slam I believe he has to avoid Nadal, at least.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:19 pm

Right seemingly as you need a hand walk through on points, and I am assuming you have some form of general intelligence (laughable thought)

So at the FO leading to the final, Nadal dropped 2 sets compared to Federer's 1 and even conceded 78 games compared to Federer's 70. So enlighten me to your point.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:23 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:disagree about FO 2011 LK. While Nadal was a long way off his best last year, on clay I'd back Nadal to beat Federer 99 times out of 100, his strengths match up perfectly to Fed's weaknesses. US 2011 he should have won the semi, lest we forget after the incredible/lucky return on MP he then missed three easy forehands to be broken back, but again not sure he'd have beaten Nadal in the final.

For Federer to win another slam I believe he has to avoid Nadal, at least.

Disagree there MFC

Nadal against Federer on untested Flushing Meadows HC?

Like I said Federer was playing the much better tennis leading into the final against Nadal at the FO and even at the USO.

For some reason or another there is a mental weakness there more so than ever. If Federer had the same mental strength of years gone by, the outcome might have been different.

Nadal wasn't at his best granted, but to say he played better than Roger leading into that final is a bit short sighted.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:23 pm

legendkillar wrote:Right seemingly as you need a hand walk through on points, and I am assuming you have some form of general intelligence (laughable thought)

So at the FO leading to the final, Nadal dropped 2 sets compared to Federer's 1 and even conceded 78 games compared to Federer's 70. So enlighten me to your point.

This gets funnier.

So Federer drops 1 set to Nadal's 2 and conceded 70 games to Nadal's 78 so he had the slam for the taking? This is an impregnable logic and general lack of intelligence Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:26 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:
legendkillar wrote:Right seemingly as you need a hand walk through on points, and I am assuming you have some form of general intelligence (laughable thought)

This gets funnier.

So Federer drops 1 set to Nadal's 2 and conceded 70 games to Nadal's 78 so he had the slam for the taking? This is an impregnable logic and general lack of intelligence Laugh

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing

You dodge points better than Labour.

You are truly wasted here.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:29 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:

This gets funnier.

So Federer drops 1 set to Nadal's 2 and conceded 70 games to Nadal's 78 so he had the slam for the taking? This is an impregnable logic and general lack of intelligence :laugh:

... and you have no numbers to back you up. Why not quote the h2h, when in doubt? It would be the easiest, or FO 2008, or FO 2009, or any of the FO finals where they have met? Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:31 pm

laverfan wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:

This gets funnier.

So Federer drops 1 set to Nadal's 2 and conceded 70 games to Nadal's 78 so he had the slam for the taking? This is an impregnable logic and general lack of intelligence :laugh:

... and you have no numbers to back you up. Why not quote the h2h, when in doubt? It would be the easiest, or FO 2008, or FO 2009, or any of the FO finals where they have met? Laugh

Laugh

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:32 pm

Well i can only await another amusing response from Legendkiller. So at the USO provided Federer had made the finals by taking one of those MPs, he would have lost 3 sets to Nadals' 1 set lost before the finals. Perhaps Legendkiller can entertain us with his recent analysis of that fact and how that then makes the USO Federer's to take using the same pseudo intelligence and logic used for the FO Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:34 pm

S_A

Do provide some stats to back your argument against this?

Or go to the H2H Laugh

Your lack of intelligence is bewildering.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:35 pm

laverfan wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:

This gets funnier.

No infact, i wouldn't even have to quote any numbers or head to head yet. That will be better left for last. Right now, i want to be amused as much as possible. I always prefer being entertained first then providing the basic tennis education lacking here by Legendkiller, then by you of course.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:38 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Well i can only await another amusing response from Legendkiller. So at the USO provided Federer had made the finals by taking one of those MPs, he would have lost 3 sets to Nadals' 1 set lost before the finals. Perhaps Legendkiller can entertain us with his recent analysis of that fact and how that then makes the USO Federer's to take using the same pseudo intelligence and logic used for the FO Laugh

So did you see the match?

Federer had match points in the 3rd set.

So had he taken them he would've made the final with a loss of one set.

So did we enjoy this education?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:39 pm

legendkillar wrote:S_A

Do provide some stats to back your argument against this?

Or go to the H2H Laugh

Your lack of intelligence is bewildering.

Stats to back up what? That i'm more intelligent on this topic than you? Laugh

You've provided 2 stats. One which says Nadal lost 2 sets to Federer's 1 at the FO and 78 games to Federer's 70 so Federer had the FO for the taking.
I made mockery of the 1st by gently educating you on how Federer would have lost 3 sets to Nadal's 1 had he made the USO finals.

Last edited by Simple_Analyst on Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:41 pm

legendkillar wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:Well i can only await another amusing response from Legendkiller. So at the USO provided Federer had made the finals by taking one of those MPs, he would have lost 3 sets to Nadals' 1 set lost before the finals. Perhaps Legendkiller can entertain us with his recent analysis of that fact and how that then makes the USO Federer's to take using the same pseudo intelligence and logic used for the FO Laugh

Federer had match points in the 3rd set

Yah of course he did. Now i realised i'm wasting my time on someone certainly lacking on knowledge on this subject. Perhaps you need Laverfan to laugh with you to make you feel better? Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:42 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:
legendkillar wrote:

Federer had match points in the 3rd set

Yah of course he did. Now i realised i'm wasting my time on someone certainly lacking on knowledge on this subject. Perhaps you need Laverfan to laugh with you to make you feel better? Laugh

laughing

So again I provide the facts and you dodge them.

Glad there isn't more Analysts out there like you.

Lack of knowledge and know how.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:45 pm

So Legendkiller, please amuse us more on how Federer could possibly have had match points in the 3rd set or perhaps 4th set should i be kind enough to assume the former was a typing error when he won 3 games in the 3rd set and 2 games in the 4th set. Really this is funny Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:47 pm

not too sure exactly what we're disagreeing on LK

"Federer was playing the much better tennis leading into the final against Nadal at the FO and even at the USO."

I agree with this totally, but we've seen this before, and Roger losing to Rafa, hence why I'd have made Rafa favourite even if he wasn't playing the better tennis (hence why I also made him favourite for FO). Whether it's a mental problem as you suggest, or just the match-up, Federer usually loses to Nadal at slams (in fact he's never beaten him anywhere except Wimbledon).

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:50 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Yah of course he did. Now i realised i'm wasting my time on someone certainly lacking on knowledge on this subject. Perhaps you need Laverfan to laugh with you to make you feel better? Laugh

Did you watch the Isner-Nadal or Andujar-Nadal match @FO 2011?

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:54 pm

Mad for Chelsea wrote:not too sure exactly what we're disagreeing on LK

"Federer was playing the much better tennis leading into the final against Nadal at the FO and even at the USO."

I agree with this totally, but we've seen this before, and Roger losing to Rafa, hence why I'd have made Rafa favourite even if he wasn't playing the better tennis (hence why I also made him favourite for FO). Whether it's a mental problem as you suggest, or just the match-up, Federer usually loses to Nadal at slams (in fact he's never beaten him anywhere except Wimbledon).

That was the whole point I was making.

When I say it was there for the taking he had an opporunity and didn't take them. Not saying that if he faced Nadal he would win. It was stating he played some great tennis and came up short in the big matches.

Given how well he was playing he just didn't take the chances. A Federer of years ago would've been a tad more clinical.

Looking at the FO final when he won the 3rd. He rolled over in the 4th and Nadal ran out winning when not playing at his best.

At the USO I would pay to see Federer and Nadal. Not sure however if Roger would suffer mentally given the 2 defeats he has experience in Melbourne.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 1:59 pm

laverfan wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:Yah of course he did. Now i realised i'm wasting my time on someone certainly lacking on knowledge on this subject. Perhaps you need Laverfan to laugh with you to make you feel better? Laugh

Did you watch the Isner-Nadal or Andujar-Nadal match @FO 2011?

No. Perhaps you can educate me on them and how that made the FO 2011 Federer's for the taking. Really, do they pick these mods for their tennis knowledge or for their ability to use google. I'm not impressed Mr Founder Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:03 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:No. Perhaps you can educate me on them and how that made the FO 2011 Federer's for the taking.

Then you should watch them first. OK

Simple_Analyst wrote:Really, do they pick these mods for their tennis knowledge or for their ability to use google. I'm not impressed Mr Founder Laugh

At least they pick moderators, unlike posters. Laugh

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:04 pm

legendkillar wrote:

When I say it was there for the taking he had an opporunity and didn't take them. Not saying that if he faced Nadal he would win. It was stating he played some great tennis and came up short in the big matches.

Given how well he was playing he just didn't take the chances. A Federer of years ago would've been a tad more clinical.

Looking at the FO final when he won the 3rd. He rolled over in the 4th and Nadal ran out winning when not playing at his best.

At the USO I would pay to see Federer and Nadal. Not sure however if Roger would suffer mentally given the 2 defeats he has experience in Melbourne.

Oh the amusement. So Legendkiller you still haven't told us how Federer could possibly have had Match Points in the 3rd set of the USO in a set he lost 6-3 Laugh

Ah i see you now trying to make sense of a lost logic. I thought you confidently quoted stats. Did you realise that wasn't going to help?

Infact at the FO, he had no hope once Nadal made that finals. There was not even any guarantee he would have won the match had he won the 1st set. He still needed to win 2 more sets, something he never did against Nadal in 4 previous FO meetings.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:06 pm

laverfan wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:No. Perhaps you can educate me on them and how that made the FO 2011 Federer's for the taking.

Then you should watch them first. OK

Simple_Analyst wrote:Really, do they pick these mods for their tennis knowledge or for their ability to use google. I'm not impressed Mr Founder Laugh

At least they pick moderators, unlike posters. Laugh

I should watch them and then see why the FO was there for Federer's taking?

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:09 pm

legendkillar wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:

Indeed.

Are you telling me that Nadal played the better tennis leading up to the FO final? Because that would be wishful and rather bias thinking.

Again Federer was playing the better tennis in New York and mentally capitulated against Djokovic. A far more concentrated Federer would've seen that match out.

So in your infinite wisdom do disclose where Nadal played better than Federer over a period of time in 2011?

Maybe you have given a reason right there as to why Federer should consider retirement - if he plays the better tennis and still loses to Nadal and Djokovic (and others - maybe Murray this year) that doesn't leave many options open to him. Of course he could try to outlast Nadal and Djokovic - maybe they will suffer a career threatening injury or at least an injury that puts them out of a slam or two. Alternatively, if Tenez has been correct all along, maybe a bag full of syringes will be found in someones luggage at the Olympics.

Last years slam performances seem to indicate that Federer has a 50-50 or 35-65 chance of beating Djokovic but a 20-80 chance of beating Nadal (all approximations).

Last edited by Nore Staat on Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:13 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:
legendkillar wrote:

Oh the amusement. So Legendkiller you still haven't told us how Federer could possibly have had Match Points in the 3rd set of the USO in a set he lost 6-3 Laugh

Ah i see you now trying to make sense of a lost logic. I thought you confidently quoted stats. Did you realise that wasn't going to help?

Infact at the FO, he had no hope once Nadal made that finals. There was not even any guarantee he would have won the match had he won the 1st set. He still needed to win 2 more sets, something he never did against Nadal in 4 previous FO meetings.

So you think despite the optimism of Nadal's first round struggle that not just Federer, but the rest of the field would've at least felt encouraged by his first 5 setter? That is a massive deal. Contrast Murray and Nadal at MC when Murray going into the match at RG against Nadal there was large optimism that Andy could've given more in that match.

In regards to the USO, I misquoted the wrong year! Doh

I think you mis-interpret 'opportunity' to 'outcome' which largely are 2 different things.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:16 pm

Nore Staat wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:

Indeed.

Maybe you have given a reason right there as to why Federer should consider retirement - if he plays the better tennis and still loses to Nadal and Djokovic (and others - maybe Murray this year) that doesn't leave many options open to him. Of course he could try to outlast Nadal and Djokovic - maybe they will suffer a career threatening injury or at least an injury that puts them out of a slam or two. Alternatively, if Tenez has been correct all along, maybe a bag full of syringes will be found in someones luggage at the Olympics.

Last years slam performances seem to indicate that Federer has a 50-50 or 35-65 chance of beating Djokovic but a 20-80 chance of beating Nadal (all approximations).

They say that Slams are all about 'peaking' it could be a case that Federer is peaking too soon at Slams. Or just the rest of the field have caught up?

I think retirement is something of serious consideration.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:19 pm

legendkillar wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:
legendkillar wrote:

So you think despite the optimism of Nadal's first round struggle that not just Federer, but the rest of the field would've at least felt encouraged by his first 5 setter? That is a massive deal. Contrast Murray and Nadal at MC when Murray going into the match at RG against Nadal there was large optimism that Andy could've given more in that match.

I think you mis-interpret 'opportunity' to 'outcome' which largely are 2 different things.

You misquoted the wrong year? Really? So Federer now apparently had MPs in the 3rd set of USO 2010? And you actually added Doh to it? Laugh

So this then means the FO was there for the taking for the rest of the field?

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:24 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:
legendkillar wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:
legendkillar wrote:

You misquoted the wrong year? Really? So Federer now apparently had MPs in the 3rd set of USO 2010? And you actually added Doh to it? Laugh

So this then means the FO was there for the taking for the rest of the field?

Given you didn't see the Andjuar or Isner match, I struggle to see how you think otherwise.

Be a first for someone to dismiss others chances without viewing those matches in particular Laugh

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:27 pm

Of course i didn't see the Andjuar or Isner match but i did see the USO 2010 and 2011 between match Djokovic and Federer Laugh

You see Laverfan has abandoned you here. Even google cannot help her this time. She rather not join you on the mockery list here.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:29 pm

It will be interesting to hear the thoughts of Federer on how the modern game is developing. Even Nadal on his aftermatch interview at the AO 2012 final, said that it would be too boring to watch the complete game over again and would just watch the high-lights.

Six hours of tennis is more than three back to back football matches, nearly three back to back marathon races (men), nearly two back to back superbowl matches. Ultimately it is going to be the increasing length of these matches and the difficulty in scheduling them and selling them to a television audience that will eventually cause something to be done. It is not yet there but is heading in that direction.

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:29 pm

If Roger loves the game and he always says he has a passion for the sport, enjoys the travel and limelight, well then why stop. Even at 31 he is lightyears ahead of most of the rest of the tour. As long as he plays he will make big endorsement money and appearance fees. I mean so what if he loses so matches to nadal and Djoko. I think if he enjoys it he should stick around. He can still produce heart stopping moments of brilliance. He has earned the right to leave on his own terms. I don't think he will get #17, but so what.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:33 pm

Nore Staat wrote:It will be interesting to hear the thoughts of Federer on how the modern game is developing. Even Nadal on his aftermatch interview at the AO 2012 final, said that it would be too boring to watch the complete game over again and would just watch the high-lights.

Six hours of tennis is more than three back to back football matches, nearly three back to back marathon races (men), nearly two back to back superbowl matches. Ultimately it is going to be the increasing length of these matches and the difficulty in scheduling them and selling them to a television audience that will eventually cause something to be done. It is not yet there but is heading in that direction.

And what exactly do you know about American football? Another tennis fan who thinks just because the Superbowl was played last night, he can bring it up. Do you know how long the actually play time takes?

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by noleisthebest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:33 pm

I wish people left Federer alone. The guy loves tennis. I'm sure if left alone he's got at least another 2-3 years of top 4 presence.

I don't want him to retire until he's properly done.

noleisthebest

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:34 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:Of course i didn't see the Andjuar or Isner match but i did see the USO 2010 and 2011 between match Djokovic and Federer Laugh

You see Laverfan has abandoned you here. Even google cannot help her this time. She rather not join you on the mockery list here.

I think I would rather mock you for being able to judge a tournament without seeing it Laugh

There maybe hope you yet son.

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:36 pm

At the Australian Open seven rounds of tennis took Djokovic 20 hours and 51 minutes and Nadal 22 hours and 26 minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote: And what exactly do you know about American football? Another tennis fan who thinks just because the Superbowl was played last night, he can bring it up. Do you know how long the actually play time takes?
You can be obtuse at times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:39 pm

legendkillar wrote:
Simple_Analyst wrote:Of course i didn't see the Andjuar or Isner match but i did see the USO 2010 and 2011 between match Djokovic and Federer Laugh

I think I would rather mock you for being able to judge a tournament without seeing it Laugh

It's more amusing mocking you for watching a tournament and still judging it with a complete lack of logic and ignorance of facts.

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by legendkillar Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:41 pm

Simple_Analyst wrote:
legendkillar wrote:

It's more amusing mocking you for watching a tournament and still judging it with a complete lack of logic and ignorance of facts.

So are you going to delight us with the in and outs of American Football??

I can't wait for this.

Should Roger Federer Contemplate Retirement After 2012 1347041234

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Post by Simple_Analyst Mon 06 Feb 2012, 2:56 pm

Well i can educate you on any sport you desire to be educated on. Nore Staats will of course refrain from mentioning Superbowl on here in the future. Perhaps LK, you can see my brief analysis handed to the Superbowl thread here last night https://www.606v2.com/t23248-the-official-606v2-superbowl-thread.

I don't post in the American football section because i find them more intelligent than the tennis fans here so less fun. They are not as amusing as the comedy that is Federer fans here as well. For example, i'm not going to find anything as funny as LK suggesting that Federer had match points in a set he lost 3-6 Laugh

Simple_Analyst

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 06 Feb 2012, 3:01 pm

Do english people actually like American football? I love it especially college football since i went to college and have a lot of drunken fond memories of big rivalry matches. But do the brits get or like the NFL on average?

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next