The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England fan's view on Wales team

+19
maestegmafia
RuckingFlanker86
senghenydd1913
rosbif
HammerofThunor
bedfordwelsh
Mad for Chelsea
Morgannwg
HERSH
beshocked
Knowsit17
flyhalffactory
Chjw131
BigTrevsbigmac
mystiroakey
Impossible Standards
TrailApe
RubyGuby
England_Fan1979
23 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

England fan's view on Wales team - Page 3 Empty England fan's view on Wales team

Post by England_Fan1979 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 2:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think Wales have got things right with the move to Regions and after a difficult start they look ready to reap the rewards.

For the last few years Wales have had a very strong first team but have not been able to cope with a few injuries. This has changed and Wales look to have a very strong squad that can still win away in Ireland, against a strong Irish team gunning for World Cup revenge, despite missing the likes of Jenkins, Lydiate and others. Very impressive!

I thought Wales did very well in the world cup but felt the hype was a little excessive given the loses to SA and France. The 3rd place playoff is completely meaningless and does not count for much in my opinion.

If Wales manage to pull of a grand slam this year it would be a huge achievement given the difficult away games. Having seen the quality and self belief of this team against Ireland I think they can do it. I also fancy that they can get a couple of wins over the SH later in the year.

North, Felatau and Warberton look like potential world 15 players to me. I can't think of any English player with that kind of potential other than Tuilagi and he is still very raw (and not very English).

England's best players against Scotland were the South Africans Barritt and Botha. I can't help but feel that they and the likes of Robshaw and Dowson are just hard working journeymen. Morgan impressed in his 12 mins but he looks out of shape.

I can see Wales and France dominating the NH for some time to come. They will be NH's best hopes for the next world cup. England just don't have good enough players, Ireland are getting old, and Scotland consistently rubbish. Who do you think is the best in the NH and will they compete with the SH over the next world cup cycle?

England_Fan1979

Back to top Go down

England fan's view on Wales team - Page 3 Empty Re: England fan's view on Wales team

Post by mystiroakey Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:26 pm

obviously not a geography teacher

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

England fan's view on Wales team - Page 3 Empty Re: England fan's view on Wales team

Post by senghenydd1913 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:27 pm

could probably teach someone from surreypeckhamshire afew things no doubt.Least of all when or when not to use capitals. Very Happy
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:28 pm

I still stick to the facts, England have probably had the worst year in their history last year, yet still won 10 of their 13 games and won the 6 nations!

Wales on the other hand are on a massive high, yet lost 8 games and won 9 in 2011!!!

England have self destructed brilliantly, lets remember Clive Woodward lost 3 grand slam deciders to Celtic teams, 3 years in a row, during the final game of the 6 Nations. Lost by 70+ points to Australia and got knocked out the 1999 world cup at the quarter finals, before winning the grand slam in 2003 and then a world cup.

Martin Johnson lost 1 grand slam decider, and got knocked out of the World cup in the quarters before getting the sack. You have to go through pain and adversity to be great and England were moving in the right direction, the idiots at the RFU panicked.

What did Woodward do that Johnson didn't?
All Johnson needed was more time and England would of been back to winning things in a few years.

Now your back to square 1 again.
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:29 pm

senghenydd1913,

Sake has an "e" not an "i".

If you're going to get all pedantic, get it right, son! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by senghenydd1913 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:29 pm

or perchance my geog is off and surrey is part of Essex? -apologies if that is so
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:30 pm

senghenydd1913 wrote:could probably teach someone from surreypeckhamshire afew things no doubt.Least of all when or when not to use capitals. Very Happy

"could"

England fan's view on Wales team - Page 3 56390

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by senghenydd1913 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:31 pm

SAM -unless you're my dad (deceased 1971) reincarnated I'm not your son.
Anyway my da was Welsh.
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:32 pm

"All Johnson needed was more time and England would of been back to winning things in a few years."

yeah i agree

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by senghenydd1913 Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:34 pm

love this ,being "in the ring" with two such adversaries as SAM(who,I might add,is worthy) and mistry who is nowhere near it-Diawn.
senghenydd1913
senghenydd1913

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:37 pm

<North, Felatau and Warberton look like potential world 15 players to me. I can't think of any English player with that kind of potential other than Tuilagi and he is still very raw (and not very English).>

If you are going to come on here and pretend to be Welsh to take the urine out of the English then get some facts right before slating them, you had a go at Tuilagi for not being very English whilst clearly forgetting that two of the players you mentioned were not Welsh. Muppett
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Tue 07 Feb 2012, 8:40 pm

If you lot want to bicker, there's already a thread for that.

And there's plenty of other sites out there where you can indulge in childish name calling.

Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3