The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

James Degale vs George Groves

+5
88Chris05
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
D4thincarnation
Liam_Main
9 posters

Go down

Who wins Degale,Groves or draw?

James Degale vs George Groves Vote_lcap71%James Degale vs George Groves Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 17 ]
James Degale vs George Groves Vote_lcap29%James Degale vs George Groves Vote_rcap 29% 
[ 7 ]
James Degale vs George Groves Vote_lcap0%James Degale vs George Groves Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 24

James Degale vs George Groves Empty James Degale vs George Groves

Post by Liam_Main Tue 22 Mar 2011, 6:26 pm

Alot of buzz is going around about this well-hyped grudge match between the two up and coming british super middleweight stars in James Degale and George Groves in my opinion i only see this fight going one way,Degale victory! Lets have a look at there last few fights excluding there tune up fights Degale very impressive in beating Paul Smith who I think Groves would struggle to beat but on the otherhand Groves looked very poor in beating Kenny Anderson he was put on the deck and at one point looked like the ref might of stopped it and maybe when the ref stopped the fight it may of been a bit premetuarly.

Degale is a olympic gold medalist and yeah fair enough Groves beat him at amatuer but pro is a whole different ball game.Degale looks like hes improved the most and is most certainly the more powerful,quicker and slicker out of the two men I believe that some fight fans are getting all dragged in by the hype and arguments these two have had yeah Degale has acted like a knob calling him ugly kid and at times acting like a kid in the school yard but just beacause he's acting like a prat doesn't mean at all he's not going to win some fans need to look at the facts of the fight and realise that it's going to be a miracle for Groves to beat him. In a fight you just can't just think that the most friendly of the two men will win it and if they do generally believe Groves can they can at least back up there prediction.Take Haye vs Harrison as an example looking at the differences between them Haye was clear favourite! Harrison was slow quite lucky in winning the european belt and hadn't impressed but then you get former boxers and pundits believing he could actually win it was madness...and we all know what happened in the fight.But back to as i was saying the only way i can see Degale losing is by letting anger take over and trying to him blast him out too early.My prediction Degale win TKO 5

Btw if you think am being biased thats just my opinion i believe that Groves is a good fighter and could do well at eurpean level and maybe push on and win a word title but I just think Degale is too good the next big thing in British boxing:D
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

James Degale vs George Groves Empty Re: James Degale vs George Groves

Post by D4thincarnation Tue 22 Mar 2011, 6:36 pm

DeGale, just looks too classy and too and is improving at a great rate, but it is another step up in class for DeGale against a talented fighter himself in Groves.

Should be a good fight but can't see past DeGale on this one.

D4thincarnation

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 22 Mar 2011, 7:01 pm

I had this as a 50/50 fight before Groves fought a poor Anderson and Degold outclassed smith in his own backyard. Now I have Degold as heavy favourite to win as he looks like he's improving with every fight but don't see much improvement in Groves. Degold just looks to quick and to slick for Groves.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 22 Mar 2011, 7:11 pm

Degale may be the quicker and slicker, but groves carries a lot mor epowerful and natural strength. Groves has heavier hands and when he plants his feet he can really bang, and degale hasn't really been hit with big shots. Degale throws flurries that catch the judges eyes but don't hurt as much. I also expect degale to win but I think it will be closer than it will sound after he wins.

I also think that degale is right when he says about groves boxing and brawling. Groves hasn't the defence, footwork or jab to beat degale from a distance, and unless his training is very very good, I can't see that changing. I don't like groves style and has seen him been caught by slower and technically worse boxers. George needs to throw bombs and apply pressure to ruin degales ability to set the pace.

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 22 Mar 2011, 7:31 pm

prettyboy1304 wrote:I had this as a 50/50 fight before Groves fought a poor Anderson and Degold outclassed smith in his own backyard. Now I have Degold as heavy favourite to win as he looks like he's improving with every fight but don't see much improvement in Groves. Degold just looks to quick and to slick for Groves.

So basically you're judging it on one fight for each all of a sudden? Never wise. I agree that DeGale starts as favourite, I'll copy and paste what I put the other day to save time.

Can't accept that DeGale wins this 'easily', although I'll concede that he does start as favourite. In fairness to Warren, since Khan jumped ship he has got a wee bit braver in his match making, so it's perhaps not all that big a surprise that he's pushed this fight forward.

DeGale is flashy and fast, this we know. However, I'm not yet convinced of his defensive prowess, I've seen him time and time again leave himself wide open when he throws his flurries of hurtful (but not deadly) punches and get away with it, much like Khan in his early days. There's little doubt that Groves will be the most compact and dangerous puncher that DeGale has faced thus far, and we're yet to see how DeGale will react when he has it up him, which will happen sooner or later.

For me, Groves has been mixing it with the marginally better names and I feel some of the critisism he's been on the end of for the Anderson fight has been ridiculous. If he sticks to a game plan and boxes from the outside I think he has a real chance, as DeGale so far hasn't had to adapt once an opponent has been out of range for a while.

Also, I'm no expert in this side of things, but I genuinely believe that Groves has got inside DeGale's head a little bit. Whether or not this will have any relevance on fight night remains to be seen, but DeGale does strike me as a bit of a hot head and I wouldn't be all that surprised if a little indiscipline creeps in to his work on fight night as a result.

I think DeGale may stop Groves late on, but I don't see it being an easy night or a formality at all.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue 22 Mar 2011, 10:04 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
prettyboy1304 wrote:I had this as a 50/50 fight before Groves fought a poor Anderson and Degold outclassed smith in his own backyard. Now I have Degold as heavy favourite to win as he looks like he's improving with every fight but don't see much improvement in Groves. Degold just looks to quick and to slick for Groves.

So basically you're judging it on one fight for each all of a sudden? Never wise. I agree that DeGale starts as favourite, I'll copy and paste what I put the other day to save time.

Can't accept that DeGale wins this 'easily', although I'll concede that he does start as favourite. In fairness to Warren, since Khan jumped ship he has got a wee bit braver in his match making, so it's perhaps not all that big a surprise that he's pushed this fight forward.

DeGale is flashy and fast, this we know. However, I'm not yet convinced of his defensive prowess, I've seen him time and time again leave himself wide open when he throws his flurries of hurtful (but not deadly) punches and get away with it, much like Khan in his early days. There's little doubt that Groves will be the most compact and dangerous puncher that DeGale has faced thus far, and we're yet to see how DeGale will react when he has it up him, which will happen sooner or later.

For me, Groves has been mixing it with the marginally better names and I feel some of the critisism he's been on the end of for the Anderson fight has been ridiculous. If he sticks to a game plan and boxes from the outside I think he has a real chance, as DeGale so far hasn't had to adapt once an opponent has been out of range for a while.

Also, I'm no expert in this side of things, but I genuinely believe that Groves has got inside DeGale's head a little bit. Whether or not this will have any relevance on fight night remains to be seen, but DeGale does strike me as a bit of a hot head and I wouldn't be all that surprised if a little indiscipline creeps in to his work on fight night as a result.

I think DeGale may stop Groves late on, but I don't see it being an easy night or a formality at all.

Their isn't much else to judge them on Groves struggled with a poor Anderson. Degold cruised past Smith. What else can you judge them on this is the only time they have fought anyone of note and Degold done considerably better than Groves against a better opponent. I think Groves might be physically a bit stronger but that will only come into play if he can get close even to a very quick and slick Degold to use this advantage.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Benelio Wed 23 Mar 2011, 12:07 am

They both have a similar number of KOs, but I wonder how many of DeGales wins are just stoppages from unanswered rapid flurries? It seems like Groves knocks everyone over who he faces.

DeGale has the edge in speed, but he might end up facing a huge counter if he stays in there too long with his combinations. And let's face it, we've no idea how he's going to take a decent shot without the headgear and 16oz gloves of his amateur days.

Smith's straightforward style was tailor made for DeGale, and I don't think the same applies with Groves.

Benelio

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonLion Wed 23 Mar 2011, 12:26 am

DeGale should win, but he is an absolute chump. Smile

LondonLion

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 23 Mar 2011, 12:34 am

Benelio wrote:They both have a similar number of KOs, but I wonder how many of DeGales wins are just stoppages from unanswered rapid flurries? It seems like Groves knocks everyone over who he faces.

DeGale has the edge in speed, but he might end up facing a huge counter if he stays in there too long with his combinations. And let's face it, we've no idea how he's going to take a decent shot without the headgear and 16oz gloves of his amateur days.

Smith's straightforward style was tailor made for DeGale, and I don't think the same applies with Groves.

Good point. He should win, but its no walkover. I thoink the anderson did Groves more good than harm. Most up and commers need to go to the trenches and pull one out. Benn did it against Anthony Logan, got hammered by Watson and came back better. Groves will hold a belt in the future and so will DeGale and a rematch will be a money spinner.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed 23 Mar 2011, 11:11 am

Even though I cant stand degale, in a way I hope that he wins so his jump to world class opponents happens sooner rather than later.
I think that he will wait until Froch,Bute and Kessler retire though until he pushes for a world title.
Also that stupid thing that he does after his fights is SO ANNOYING.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down