The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would you like your team to sign in Free Agency?

+10
thunder and lightning
BamBam
Pr4wn
Lowlandbrit
Thomond
Colan (niner)
Barney92
Maxwell-181
mikeygnfl
Good Golly I'm Olly
14 posters

Go down

Who would you like your team to sign in Free Agency? Empty Who would you like your team to sign in Free Agency?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Feb 2012, 8:33 pm

Just as it says on the tin.
Three players you would like your team to pick up in Free Agency assuming they become free agents.
For my team (Pats) I'd like;
1. Cortland Finnegan CB - Need some sort of an upgrade in the secondary and he plays aggresive football which I like.
2. Mario Williams OLB/DE - Vince Wilfork needs some help against the pass rush and if he becomes available I'd snap him up.
3. Vincent Jackson - Big wide receiver who could make the plays down the field that would free up Welker, Hernandez and Gronkowski even more.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Who would you like your team to sign in Free Agency? Empty Re: Who would you like your team to sign in Free Agency?

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 13 Feb 2012, 8:44 pm

I would like to see the 49ers pick up an experience wide receiver. Marques Colston would be the top choice but Stevie Johnson from the Bills would be an interesting pick up too particularly as he was born in San Francisco. That will probably add to the 49ers picking up Sanu or Jeffrey in the draft.

There was talking earlier in the season that they would go for Peyton Manning but Alex Smith will surely be the QB next year.

Carl Nicks could also be a possibly free agency pick up.

Last edited by NFL MIKE on Mon 13 Feb 2012, 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Who would you like your team to sign in Free Agency? Empty Re: Who would you like your team to sign in Free Agency?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Feb 2012, 8:47 pm

NFL MIKE wrote:I would like to see the 49ers pick up an experience wide receiver. Marques Colston would be the top choice but Stevie Johnson from the Bills would be an interesting pick up too particularly as he was born in San Francisco. That will probably add to the 49ers picking up Sanu or Jeffrey in the draft.

There was talking earlier in the season that they would go for Peyton Manning but Alex Smith will surely be the QB next year.

I like Smith for a couple more years as starter but I like Kaepernick a lot and think he could be a future star for the 49ers.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxwell-181 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 8:50 pm

Rams:
Hopefully a no. 1 receiver like Colston, Vincent Jackson or Dwayne Bowe (if he makes it to FA).
Then maybe a solid cornerback. Theres a rumour linking Cortland Finnegan to the Rams (I think through the Jeff Fisher link), and he might be the best CB available.

Maxwell-181

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney92 Mon 13 Feb 2012, 9:29 pm

Packers:
Mario Williams- have a pass rusher opposite Matthews. It would take pressure off him and free him up a bit.
Carl Nicks- bit more protection can't be a bad thing
I can't really think of a third. Would go for a wr if they didn't have so many but I like the look of Bowe.

I also realise they probably couldn't afford all of them.

Barney92

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 13 Feb 2012, 9:34 pm

Agree the niners need a wide receiver, would love stevie johnson, local product and he has that 'swag' that all good wideouts should have, agree that sanu/jeffery/or even trading up for floyd or wright would immediately upgrade our wr depth. Would also like nicks or grubbs because rachal is leaving and snyder is just ok. Mario Williams would cost a lot but if ahmad brooks gets greedy, imagine him added to that D with both smith's and willis/bowman.

The titans should resign finnegan but it wont happen so routt would be nice as would a value guy like mark anderson. They should draft a wide receiver but maybe pick up meachem or someone. Myers/Wells is also a must,amano isn't nfl quality and a guard would help too.

The vikes need help everywhere, they should blow some good money on one of the big name receivers and then look at guys like terell thomas/tracy porter. Hopefully the o-line will be adressed in draft but a guard and safety like landry or even merriweather is needed

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 13 Feb 2012, 9:50 pm

Bucs:

Mario Williams
Carl Nicks
Cortland Finnegan/Brent Grimers
Dwayne Bowe
D'Qwell Jackson

with a draft of Riley Reiff,Vontaze Burfict , MohammedSanu and LaMichael James. That being pedicated on the Bucs trading down with RG3 on the board
Plus one or two others. The Bucs have the money to afford those guys. It's not going to happen though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 13 Feb 2012, 9:54 pm

No way you could get reiff, burfict and sanu i think even if RG3 was on the board, he will be gone at 2 or 3 but would make tampa a little better straight way. I sort of worry for tampa as i quite like them but they don't seem like the type of team to spend money and I think they have quite a lot of needs including receiver, corner, o-line, linebackers

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 13 Feb 2012, 10:01 pm

If we get an additional second it could happen. Reiff in the first, Burfict with 38th pick(might be there) and Sanu with additional pick from Skins/Dolphins/Seahawks/whoever. I doubt it would happen though.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Colan (niner) Mon 13 Feb 2012, 10:21 pm

I think burfict will still go in the 1st and so will Sanu unless he has a horrible combine. Reiff could also go in the top 5

Colan (niner)

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 13 Feb 2012, 10:38 pm

I can see Burfict falling into the second round. Incredible talent, but he's going to end up paying his signing bonus in fines over his career.

Vikings need secondary help bad, luckily there should be some pretty decent corners on the market. Wouldn't say no to a big receiver either.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 13 Feb 2012, 10:41 pm

Finnegan, D'Qwell Jackson, Carl Nicks would all be nice.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 13 Feb 2012, 11:29 pm

I saw a story online linking Matt Forte with the Green Bay which would make sense for the Packers.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 13 Feb 2012, 11:36 pm

NFL MIKE wrote:I saw a story online linking Matt Forte with the Green Bay which would make sense for the Packers.

That would be a brilliant signing for the Packers, what an offense that would be!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 13 Feb 2012, 11:48 pm

Forte would want a lot of money, with the other free agents Green Bay have got I can't see them giving him more than the Bears, especially considering their offence is pretty potent already!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by thunder and lightning Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:11 am

I'd quite like to see the Pats go for Forte in FA, as Forte represents both a running and receiving threat. Atm it can be quite easy to read what the Pats are doing out of the backfield as Ben Green-Ellis tend to only run it with Woodhead their screen guy. With Forte back there you don't know which is coming at you, but lets face it, Forte represent a significant upgrade for 90% of the teams out there, untimately I think the Bears will pay the man.

thunder and lightning

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:27 am

love to see finnagen, browner sherman and finnigan would be a top 5 Secondary
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:09 am

I thought I would add this, to give you an idea of how much cap your team has, this is before your team makes any cuts or offers new contracts for e.g. the Colts if they cut Manning will save $28 million and move to the top

Pos Team 2012 Cap Space
1 Jaguars $31.66 m
2 Broncos $27.88 m
3 Bucs $25.05 m
4 Chiefs $24.01 m
5 Seattle $21.27 m
6 Bills $19.29 m
7 Bengals $17.59 m
8 Dallas $17.14 m
9 49ers $16.87 m
10 skins $13.6 m
11 Eagles $11.01 m
12 Dolphins $9.05 m
13 Browns $8.98 m
14 Jets $8.39 m
15 Titans $8.11 m
16 Bears $7.74 m
17 Cards $7.04 m
18 Patriots $6.66 m
19 Ravens $6.18 m
20 Packers $5.48 m
21 Saints $4.22 m
22 Rams $3.5 m
23 Raiders $3.23 m
24 Carolina $2.8 m
25 Colts $2.5 m
26 Chargers $2.1 m
27 Vikings $1.95 m
28. Lions $1.47 m
29. Texans $1.08 m
30. Giants $1.06 m
31. Falcons $0.747 m
32. Steelers $0. 506 m
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:58 am

Colts cutting Manning won't save them $28m, more like 10-16.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:12 pm

he is due $28 million roster bonus by end of March
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:27 pm

Even if they cut him before that they get a $10m cap hit next season.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:28 pm

I heard the Pats were around 20 million under the cap which is why they're being linked to so many names.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Tue 14 Feb 2012, 12:56 pm

Skins need QB, OL (G and possibly LT - move Williams to RT), #1 WR, MLB, CB and possibly both safeties replacing. Don't see anyone on the depth chart shifting up a gear, so I reckon in FA should chase Nicks or Grubbs, maybe Bowe (would make a good combo with Moss, Davis etc.), Tulloch and Grimes. I wouldn't take Finnegan as he's too much like Hall - gets INT's but gets burned too.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Leedscowboys Tue 14 Feb 2012, 1:12 pm

For all those wanting Nicks to sign for them, ill do the sums, Logan Mankins last year signed a $51 million/6year contract $30 million $20 million guaranteed. Nicks is younger be several years, figures i hear are $71 million/6years , which would give him around $12 million a year with bonus and base salary around $7 million base salary and $5 million in bonus per year on average.
Leedscowboys
Leedscowboys

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:49 pm

bambamwillis wrote:Forte would want a lot of money, with the other free agents Green Bay have got I can't see them giving him more than the Bears, especially considering their offence is pretty potent already!

Yeah it won't happen. The Packers just don't make big plays in Free Agency anymore. Much more likely to go for a lower level RB if getting one to replace Grant in FA.
Outside Linebacker and defensive end are the only positions I could see them chasing anyone with a decent talent level. That said I also put those positions as the top drafting needs this year.

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 8:51 pm

Also where did you get those Cap Numbers Leeds?

I'm positive that I read that there are a few team, notably Pittsburg and the Giants who are already over next years caps (note I haven't done my rounds of the NFL news stories yet so stuff may have developed to today, but I doubt the Steelers have saved all of there negative $12m)

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down