The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captured Boxing moments that will live forever!!

+13
Maddy2k12
Mind the windows Tino.
oxring
ShahenshahG
pillow_punch_power
Nico the gman
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
DoubleD22
tommyhearnsprodigalson
John Bloody Wayne
Union Cane
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
17 posters

Go down

Captured Boxing moments that will live forever!! Empty Captured Boxing moments that will live forever!!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 16:15

1. The picture of Ali standing over Liston telling him to get up..
2. Lamotta sagging but unbowed on the ropes in the Valentines day massacre
3. Marciano with his nose almost completely devastated throwing a right hand at Charles...
4. Johnson with his hands spread wide on the ropes wiping teeth of his gloves as the referee makes the count over Ketchel..
5. Johnson with his hands over his face being counted out against Willard..
6. Tyson trying to get up whilst putting his gumshield in his mouth against Douglas.
7. Tunney with his right arm on the top rope and on the canvas against Dempsey...
8. Corbett holding his solar plexus whilst Fitz looks on...

Seem to be pictures that tell a thousand words.magic moments!!!..Images that will last for ever...Are there any better additions I've forgotten..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Captured Boxing moments that will live forever!! Empty Re: Captured Boxing moments that will live forever!!

Post by Rowley Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 16:18

Have always found the one of Eubank with his head back roaring when he stopped Benn to be one that has stuck with me, great shot from a great fight.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Captured Boxing moments that will live forever!! Empty Re: Captured Boxing moments that will live forever!!

Post by Union Cane Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 16:19

Hasim Rahman spreadeagled and "wearing" Don King's crown

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 16:23

Morales sitting on the canvas, conscious but not getting up in the third Pacquiao fight.

Ali walking with his back to the camera and hands in the air after Foreman was counted out.

Any staredown involving Wilfred Benitez

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 16:26

Morales - Manny reminded me a bit of Arguello-Pryor 2....when the fighter say's you know I've tried and I can't do it....(no shame in that)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 17:15

Two for me

1. Benn stairing at Eubank just before the bell goes for round one of their first fight
2. Eubank stairing into the camera after beating that Brazilian guy in about 15 seconds

Quality

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleD22 Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 17:23

For me it has to be Fraizer's knockdown of Ali.

Have that shot up on my living room wall as a canvas

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 17:24

hatton splayed out with manny cheering is a beauty...

and david hayes toe?....

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 17:28

Tony Sibson shouting out in frustration after taking a standing 8 count against Dennis Andries, and realising the end is near, brave as a lion Sibbo.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 17:30

Always had a soft spot for Sibbo......reminds me of the saying... timing is everything in life!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeatable Georgey Groves Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 17:43

I also like Mugabi after being put down by Hagler and he had just simply given everything

Back to top Go down

Post by pillow_punch_power Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 18:02

Not quite a still image but the slow motion close up of Amir Khan's jaw being punched out of alignment when he got knocked out against Prescott will be etched in my mind forever!

pillow_punch_power

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 18:06

Same regarding Eubanks uppercut in watson 2 - no matter what happened afterwards - I remember that moments clearly - BANG! on the point of the chin. Havent seen an uppercut to match it.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 14 Feb 2012 - 19:56

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Morales - Manny reminded me a bit of Arguello-Pryor 2....when the fighter say's you know I've tried and I can't do it....(no shame in that)

I thought of that one too right after I posted. Both similarly built guys - long, lean latinos crumpled on the canvas after a long and tough career full of wars. I don't think anyone would question either guy's heart.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 0:44

Duran's skip routine when he knew that Leonard was in the room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zKtj1o41nQ

3 minutes. Absolutely incredible.

Duran's training - when he did it - was incredible - it was focused, it was elegant, it was smooth and it was beautiful. Much is made today of Mayweather's skip routine - but even he is placed in the shade by what Duran could make a rope do.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 8:41

Walcott's face after Marciano caught him with a big right hand.

Perhaps not a boxing moment that will live forever, but an amusing one nonetheless, is Julius Francis advertising a newspaper on the soles of his boots during his fight with Tyson. I guess he went into that fight with his glass half empty.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 8:49

Ali after the first Liston fight. Leaning over the top rope with his right arm out stretched, telling the the press how he shocked the world and must the be greatest.

Also the ariel shot of Ali standing over Cleveland Williams is a good one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy2k12 Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 9:08

Amir Khan going the chicken dance, stumbling all over the place after Prescott had caught him.

Zab Judah attempting to tell Kostya Tszyu he wasn't hurt while falling around everywhere!

Probably the two stand out ones for me! (I like funny KO's)

Maddy2k12

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 15:07

The overhead shot of the security guards standing shoulder to shoulder across the ring for Lewis Tyson.
Spoiler:

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 15:57

hatton and bruno crying like babies after winning the IBF/WBC belts.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 16:05

Definitely the overhead shot of Ali - Williams. Awesome photography.

The shot landing from Lennox that poleaxed Rahman in their second fight.

Unfortunately, McClellan kneeling in the corner with his gumshield hanging out.

Hamed shouting at Robinson "Who's the hardest hitting featherweight?!" as Robinson is on the floor again...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 16:06

KingMonkey wrote:The overhead shot of the security guards standing shoulder to shoulder across the ring for Lewis Tyson.
Spoiler:

I love that one. Such an utter waste of manpower. They should have just let Tyson loose, watched Lennox despatch him before the bell started and save us the pain of watching a once great fighter get humiliated over 8 rounds.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 16:10

Got to agree Tina, is a good picture but is nonsense and unneccesary, tell the pair of em any stupid stuff before the bell you're both banned for life and your purses are going to a donkey sanctuary. They will behave like choir boys.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 16:15

rowley wrote:Got to agree Tina, is a good picture but is nonsense and unneccesary, tell the pair of em any stupid stuff before the bell you're both banned for life and your purses are going to a donkey sanctuary. They will behave like choir boys.

It was purely for the TV exec's, that one. I always got the impression that Tyson was intimidated by Lewis at this point in Mike's career. The 'brawl' at the presser was no worse than kicking out time, and I doubt Tyson would have tried anything, anyway!

I donated some money to a donkey sanctuary once and they were supposed to write back with a package of photo's. I never saw it, and I now suspect that donkey sanctuaries don't actually exist.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 16:24

Spoiler:

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 16:26

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rowley wrote:Got to agree Tina, is a good picture but is nonsense and unneccesary, tell the pair of em any stupid stuff before the bell you're both banned for life and your purses are going to a donkey sanctuary. They will behave like choir boys.

It was purely for the TV exec's, that one. I always got the impression that Tyson was intimidated by Lewis at this point in Mike's career. The 'brawl' at the presser was no worse than kicking out time, and I doubt Tyson would have tried anything, anyway!

I donated some money to a donkey sanctuary once and they were supposed to write back with a package of photo's. I never saw it, and I now suspect that donkey sanctuaries don't actually exist.

Thanks Tino - I bought Donkey Kong country for the snes with that money. Good times.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 16:28

ShahenshahG wrote:
Thanks Tino - I bought Donkey Kong country for the snes with that money. Good times.

You 'orrible man.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 16:30

Spoiler:
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddy2k12 Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 16:31

Union Cane wrote:
Spoiler:

Thats a pretty sweet picture!

Maddy2k12

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 17:06

Sugar Ray Robinson being honoured in a packed Madison Square Garden with Basilio, Turpin, Fulmer and La Motta in the four coners of the ring with him.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Wed 15 Feb 2012 - 17:32

DoubleD22 wrote:For me it has to be Fraizer's knockdown of Ali.

Have that shot up on my living room wall as a canvas

Agreed.

Spoiler:

One of my favourite shots and moments of all time, that. Redemption for a guy who wasn't respected and being described as a "fake champ".
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down