The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IF Robinson were to leave after the 6N...

+16
Shifty
CaleyShaun
WelshinEdinburgh
beshocked
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
eirebilly
RuggerRadge2611
mckay1402
majesticimperialman
rawa86
flyhalffactory
bsando
maestegmafia
Tattie Scones RRN
TJ1
NeilyBroon
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

IF Robinson were to leave after the 6N... Empty IF Robinson were to leave after the 6N...

Post by NeilyBroon Tue 14 Feb 2012, 9:48 pm

... Which seems to be becoming ever more likely, who would we draft in to replace him?

Who would apply for the Scotland role?

My thoughts are that it's very likely to end up being Bradley or (hopefully not) Scott Johnson.

I'd like to see someone like Dean Richards apply for it should such a situation arise, although I don't know how tolerant the SRU are. I'm presuming Mallet will get the England job, which is a shame because I think he'd do well with Scotland. Maybe we need a coach from the topsy turvy side of the world to get our backs properly firing, although Matt Williams was pretty atrocious. We need someone who's sharp on selection too.

Also who's in line to replace Stedman? Anyone know anything of that yet?

Who would you guys like to see in the coach setup?

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

IF Robinson were to leave after the 6N... Empty Re: IF Robinson were to leave after the 6N...

Post by TJ1 Tue 14 Feb 2012, 10:43 pm

The scots coasching job will never be a top job so we will be limited to patriotic Scots, Rejects / failures from elsewhere of ambitious up and coming coaches.

Scots possible would be Chalmers - does he have the experience? Needs a spell at at bigger club or as assistant IMO but is well thought of or Redpath - would he want it?

I do not want another reject / failure from elsewhere - no more Robinbsons so that leaves an ambitious up and coming coach - preferably and antipodean IMO

My choice would be Todd Blackadder - he has played and coached in Scotland

Kirwen might be another candidate - not really a failure / has been

TJ1

Back to top Go down

IF Robinson were to leave after the 6N... Empty Re: IF Robinson were to leave after the 6N...

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Tue 14 Feb 2012, 11:50 pm

Really TJ?

You've never mentioned you like Todd Blackadder....

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:05 am

Doh

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:42 am

Scotland need mcgeechan and telfer again.

They need a new mcgeechan and telfer even more but they should get them in one more time.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:45 am

something tells me it'd take a lot to get geech on board again and I get the feeling that telfer wouldn't touch a scotland coaching job with a barge pole right now, although that would be nice!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 15 Feb 2012, 12:49 am

Well I think after all the time of not having them in post, they are still the only scots coaches who have got your lads to click right in the last twenty years.

Both great men that everyone in the world respects.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:02 am

I agree with that sentiment! We just need to find and pick the right talent in coaches and on the pitch right now!

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by bsando Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:04 am

NeilyBroon, Just our of interest, do you think AR will leave on his own accord or will he be sacked?

I personally don't think he'll leave, we have the tour to Aus/Pacific Islands this year which has the potential to be another successful tour. Plus there's some good talent coming through, so I personally think he'll want to stay and see out his contract. I would be sad if he left, he's a good coach.

3 games to go, I think we can win them all.

If he did go though, Bradley would be my choice.

bsando

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:09 am

I have a feeling there's only so much failure one man can take. Robinson undoubtedly has done a good job of taking Scotland the next step up from Hadden, but I feel like unless something clicks this Six Nations, and I mean REALLY clicks, he'll want to leave. The problem unfortunately lies in his selections, arguably we're still limited in players, but I think he's not been adventurous enough, and the England game was the beginning of the end for him. Although I understand that he's a loyal and passionate man, and I'm sure there will definitely be a large part of him wanting to see the contract through, but I think he'd leave before he was pushed.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:13 am

I can't see that AR has any option but to continue, he has hardly a great reputation. His best results were with edinburgh.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:23 am

Nothing wrong with ARs selection apart from the Dan Parks, and as someone said on here a few days ago, we had two easy opportunities for dropped goals to go 9-3 up even before Gethin Jenkins "hand of god" on the welsh tryline furious

And anyone who said he had selection problems on last Sunday ...... well beggars belief

We have some great players coming thro...... Rennie, Denton, Gray, Jones, Ansbro, Laidlaw,McNally some fine youngsters Scott, Hogg coming through the A team and some super youth players, and come May we'll have Visser on board which alongside Laidlaws much needed match experience will make us quite a formidable outfit

He's did great for us, and he's done remarkable well for Scotland considering our limited resources, we arguably was the better team against England and apart from some unlucky breaks, Gethin Jenks "hands" and yellow, and the missed try we could well have been taking a different result against the Welsh

So whats the problem with AR ........ oh yes he picked Parks for the opening match

Strewth!!
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:32 am

FHF

You didn't lose the match because Gethins had his hand in an illegal place.

Keep on track mate.

Good post on the pros of AR tenure but talent coming through is nothing to do with whether a coach is the right man for the job.

As you are an astute enough critic to warrant the aimless lead of Dan Parks, you obviously understand the potential for damage that someone who is alright over someone who is clever can make.

AR has not performed miracles when chips are down. Not many do, if there is better available then a situation occurs where the question of his job is at hand.

Though if there is no others there is no question to address.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:56 am

maestegmafia wrote:FHF

You didn't lose the match because Gethins had his hand in an illegal place.

Keep on track mate.

Good post on the pros of AR tenure but talent coming through is nothing to do with whether a coach is the right man for the job.

As you are an astute enough critic to warrant the aimless lead of Dan Parks, you obviously understand the potential for damage that someone who is alright over someone who is clever can make.

AR has not performed miracles when chips are down. Not many do, if there is better available then a situation occurs where the question of his job is at hand.

Though if there is no others there is no question to address.

Maesteg
I didnt say anything of the sort............ "keep on track"

I said it might have resulted in a different outcome, i.e. pen try and Jenkins yellow carded and Wales down to 14 men going into the start of the 2nd half...........might have made a difference especially considering what occured in the first 16-18 mins after the break (Scotland trounced)

Talent coming through has EVERYTHING to do with a coach if he is a good coach.............. one of ARs conditions was that we keep the A team, work harder at the schools level and pump money!! into grass root facilitiess

I am a big Laidlaw fan as a season ticket holder at Edinburgh I know how good he is, and I want him to start every time, however Parks would have dropped at least 2 attempts first half and one in the second, I think thats where ARs thoughts were when he said he didnt feel Greig had enough experience

flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by rawa86 Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:58 am

Now I know he is not the most popular coach but I am still a fan of Eddie o'suillivan. He made mistakes in the Ireland job but you would presume he probably has learnt from them. The reason why i would suggest him for Scotland is he is a really good backs coach and could probably improve that area of the game for ye.

rawa86

Back to top Go down

Post by rawa86 Wed 15 Feb 2012, 2:00 am

Although he probably isn't very liked in scotland either after his post match comments a few years ago.

rawa86

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 15 Feb 2012, 2:59 am

FHF, whilst I agree the selection was notably improved on Sunday, having Cusiter at scrum half and laidlaw rather than pairing Blair and Laidlaw, I believe to be a big mistake. These boys play together all the time, it should be the natural choice to include both together. Rory Lamont should not have been on the pitch, on form it should have been Hogg from the start, but Robinson just doesn't seem to trust the young lads performing. I'd be almost tempted to say even Lawson edges Cusiter on form. Granted, I can understand why he stuck with S Lamont at 12 because there's a distinct lack of choice there, but there's other young players vying for that spot. Strokosch as well, another mediocre player that Robinson seems to favour, an out-of-position Barclay played better!

I think he's a good coach, but his personal limitations are becoming Scotland's too.

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by flyhalffactory Wed 15 Feb 2012, 3:23 am

Neily

Firstly
I agree that Blair should have started,.
Dont agree that Rory shouldnt have started at FB, also he had a good game on the wing. Hogg played superb for a debut as well, Sean is a better 13 than 12. Barclay is not a better 6 than Stroko but agree there are better players McNally for one

I think Robinson will go for the following backline if fit

15 Hogg
14 R. Lamont
13 S. Lamont
12 Scott
11 Evans
10 Laidlaw
9 Blair
flyhalffactory
flyhalffactory

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Wed 15 Feb 2012, 5:40 am

What about Bryan Redpath. He seems to be doing alright at Gloucester at the moment.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by mckay1402 Wed 15 Feb 2012, 7:39 am

Whats Eddie Jones doing these days? pretty sure he could do something...
mckay1402
mckay1402

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:24 am

flyhalffactory wrote:Neily

Firstly
Dont agree that Rory shouldnt have started at FB, also he had a good game on the wing. Hogg played superb for a debut as well, Sean is a better 13 than 12. Barclay is not a better 6 than Stroko but agree there are better players McNally for one

15 Hogg
14 R. Lamont
13 S. Lamont
12 Scott
11 Evans
10 Laidlaw
9 Blair

You think AR will pick Matt Scott at 12 against France? Tune into sanity FM mate!

I would love for him to pick that squad but we all know that is sheer fantasy! Expect Sean Lamont at 12 for the remainder of the 6N. I have said before I have no problems with Sean Lamont, in fact I think he is one of Scotland's best players and wears his heart on his sleeve. He also has immense personal pride for the Scotland Jersey.

He is not a Centre though, he is a Winger and untill AR realises this I reckon we'll still struggle to score tries. Everyone on here moans about why can't De Luca play like he does for Edinburgh, and the answer is simple, he has a better inside centre inside him than Sean Lamont!
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:29 am

I have said alot that EOS would be an excellent coach for Scotland. Many Scots disagree but i think that he would certainly get some co-ordination in the backline.

Connor O'Shae would'nt be a bad shout either to be honest.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:36 am

maestegmafia wrote:Scotland need mcgeechan and telfer again.

They need a new mcgeechan and telfer even more but they should get them in one more time.
maes, no, honestly we don't - they weren't up to much the last time they tried at the beginning of the last decade. And I think the game has moved on a good deal since they were both at the coal face.

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:40 am

flyhalffactory wrote: Nothing wrong with ARs selection apart from the Dan Parks, and as someone said on here a few days ago, we had two easy opportunities for dropped goals to go 9-3 up even before Gethin Jenkins "hand of god" on the welsh tryline furious

And anyone who said he had selection problems on last Sunday ...... well beggars belief

We have some great players coming thro...... Rennie, Denton, Gray, Jones, Ansbro, Laidlaw,McNally some fine youngsters Scott, Hogg coming through the A team and some super youth players, and come May we'll have Visser on board which alongside Laidlaws much needed match experience will make us quite a formidable outfit

He's did great for us, and he's done remarkable well for Scotland considering our limited resources, we arguably was the better team against England and apart from some unlucky breaks, Gethin Jenks "hands" and yellow, and the missed try we could well have been taking a different result against the Welsh

So whats the problem with AR ........ oh yes he picked Parks for the opening match

Strewth!!
fhf, your memory is either very short or your are being disingenuous if you think that Parks is Robinson's only selection blunder - I'll cast your mind no further back than the RWC and last season's 6Ns - Nathan Hines at 6, Kelly Brown at 8, a bosher that can't distribute at 12, not to mention the calamity over selecting Kellock as his RWC captain and then benching him for the critical game (I'm not even going to bother with his splitting up club partnership against Wales and having Barclay come on as a 6). Many of the changes in personnel that you list have been forced upon the man, rather than being of choice, but if you want to see otherwise, i fear that I won't convince you. As a team we are getting there, but is that down to Robinson or better players becoming available and getting selected, I'm not sure. As for the structure and priorities of the SRU, I'd give more credit to guys like Mighty Mouse, Lockhead and Dodson for the turnaround at Murrayfield tbh

Last edited by AsLongAsBut100ofUs on Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:52 am; edited 1 time in total

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:49 am

majesticimperialman wrote:What about Bryan Redpath. He seems to be doing alright at Gloucester at the moment.
madge, He does seem to be doing a decent job at Glaws, having picked up a bit of a poisoned chalice from Ryan and with a much reduced budget - personally, I'd prefer Basil and Carl Hogg to continue to gain experience in the top flight of the AP, and one day, I think the pair of them will make excellent candidates OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:51 am

eirebilly wrote:I have said alot that EOS would be an excellent coach for Scotland. Many Scots disagree but i think that he would certainly get some co-ordination in the backline.

billy, you've got me convinced - EoS for backs coach!

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:53 am

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
flyhalffactory wrote:Neily

Firstly

15 Hogg
14 R. Lamont
13 S. Lamont
12 Scott
11 Evans
10 Laidlaw
9 Blair

You think AR will pick Matt Scott at 12 against France? Tune into sanity FM mate!

I would love for him to pick that squad but we all know that is sheer fantasy! Expect Sean Lamont at 12 for the remainder of the 6N. I have said before I have no problems with Sean Lamont, in fact I think he is one of Scotland's best players and wears his heart on his sleeve. He also has immense personal pride for the Scotland Jersey.

He is not a Centre though, he is a Winger and untill AR realises this I reckon we'll still struggle to score tries. Everyone on here moans about why can't De Luca play like he does for Edinburgh, and the answer is simple, he has a better inside centre inside him than Sean Lamont!
Radge, I fear that you are right and that altho we all wish for Matt Scott at 12, it seems very unlikely to happen - however, should it do so, I will be delighted and to some extent rejudge my critique of Robsinon's selections.

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:55 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:
eirebilly wrote:I have said alot that EOS would be an excellent coach for Scotland. Many Scots disagree but i think that he would certainly get some co-ordination in the backline.

Wow, that was easy Asbo Wink

I dont think that AR is a bad forwards coach to be honest, him and EOS would make a pretty good partnership.

eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 15 Feb 2012, 8:56 am

eirebilly wrote:

I dont think that AR is a bad forwards coach to be honest, him and EOS would make a pretty good partnership.

billy, I'm just a total pushover!!

I think AR is an excellent coach tbh, it's his selections that leave me cold

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Wed 15 Feb 2012, 9:08 am

I thought performance wise Scotland played well against Wales.

They managed to score 1 try, should have definitely had 1 more (Hogg) and there were opportunities for a 3rd (the end of the first half).

It was those two yellow cards which were the killer blow. Hardly Robinson's fault for the cynical play by Lamont and De Luca.

The restart at the beginning of the 2nd half was also decisive. Someone should have caught it.

Robinson can only do so much.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 15 Feb 2012, 9:13 am

Yeah his selections are a bit shocking at times. EOS as head and backs coach with AR as forwards coach? Could work...
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshinEdinburgh Wed 15 Feb 2012, 9:55 am

I think Robinson's successor is already in place - a certain well travelled Australian, top job at the Ospreys to Robinsons side kick, maybe in the short term perhaps but the next Scottish head coach will be Scott Johnson, you never know, you could be really lucky and Holley may come with him! I really hope not for Scotland's sake, the potential is finally starting to show, lets hope it's nurtured well.

WelshinEdinburgh

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Wed 15 Feb 2012, 10:54 am

We (or I anyway) don't want Scott Johnson.

I've said before, he did naff all at Ospreys with over half the National team playing for him.

We're not going to get a big name as the SRU won't cough up the cash so a small name would take over.

Geech and Telfer are so out of date with modern rugby, they'd do no better than Robinson - worse in fact.

At the end of the day, ther current players don't have the basic necessary skills to be able to win matches. Sad but true.

Some of the new guys coming in have however and the area of focus should be on the youngsters at age group level. Develop these wee guys and by the time they hit senior level, fitness and strength can be honed due to them already having the skills to perform.

It won't happen over night, but it ten years time we'll have crop of talented players challenging for honours. The French football team are a prime example. When Scotland knocked them out of the WC qualifiers back in the 80's, they said enough is enough and turned to the kids.

Late nineties and they won both the WC and Euro Champs.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 15 Feb 2012, 11:53 am

I see that Johnson has left the Os now: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17018127 - does that mean his involvement with Scotland will start immediately?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 15 Feb 2012, 1:52 pm

eirebilly wrote:

billy, I'm just a total pushover!!

I think AR is an excellent coach tbh, it's his selections that leave me cold

See this is the problem, its how we all feel! I thought he'd worked on it since leaving England but now he has some choice in Scotland, even if there's only one other player ie a 50% chance of getting it right by RANDOM selection, he still seems to pick the wrong one! Brian Moore has probably been quoted on this so many times in the last few weeks but Andy Robinson is a good coach, poor selector

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by CaleyShaun Fri 17 Feb 2012, 12:37 am

What about Steve MacQueen?

I also agree with the OP in that i reckon AR will leave after 6 Nations but i think it will be a sacking and not Resignation. I have said on another forum that his record is poor, especially in 6 Nations campaigns that he's been in charge for.

2 wins out of last 2 is DIABOLICAL and if things don't improve then we will end BOTTOM with us becoming whipping boys of 6 Nations for a long time.

CaleyShaun

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Fri 17 Feb 2012, 5:46 am

I personaly dont think that Robinson would leave on his own accord.
No if Scotland want rid of Robinson, they would have to sack him.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Fri 17 Feb 2012, 8:13 am

majesticimperialman wrote:I personaly dont think that Robinson would leave on his own accord.
No if Scotland want rid of Robinson, they would have to sack him.
A lot of rugby commentators (Brian Moore, John Beattie Sr, etc.) seem to believe that his pride would not allow him to stay on the back of another abject 6Ns performance?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ1 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 10:07 am

As I have said before I want a young ambitious antipodean with a good reputation. someone proven in the super 14 and looking to getting a top job. Not someone who has failed elsewhere.

Chalmers should be groomed for the job but he is not ready yet. teh other candidate I can think of is Redpath

TJ1

Back to top Go down

Post by CaleyShaun Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:26 pm

Damn, i meant Rod Macqueen, not Steve Doh.

I think Redpath would do a good job with us but why are people mentioning Craig Chalmers, is only coaching job has been with Melrose or am i missing something here :O?

CaleyShaun

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:02 am

TJ wrote:As I have said before I want a young ambitious antipodean with a good reputation. someone proven in the super 14 and looking to getting a top job. Not someone who has failed elsewhere.

Chalmers should be groomed for the job but he is not ready yet. teh other candidate I can think of is Redpath
Someone like Todd Blackadder, maybe, TJ? Wink

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:04 am

CaleyShaun wrote:Damn, i meant Rod Macqueen, not Steve Doh.

I think Redpath would do a good job with us but why are people mentioning Craig Chalmers, is only coaching job has been with Melrose or am i missing something here :O?
Laugh Shaun, got you now, was a little puzzled, thought it was maybe a Great Escape reference that I was being too thick to get!

Agreed, I would have Chick as backs coach, but he's not ready for full head coach yet

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 18 Feb 2012, 3:44 pm

Sean Lineen?

Glasgow are going well in the league, and playing good rugby, how come no one has given him a mention?
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by CaleyShaun Tue 21 Feb 2012, 10:50 pm

I am very baffled at why pundits like Andy Nicol and John Beattie want Andy to stay, they know as well as Andy does that its a results driven job and his record in competetive matches is poor.

I am all for a Bryan Redpath, Scott Johnson (he has to be included unfortunately because he has already agreed to become a coach) and Craig Chalmers management team.

Well, if AR does go, i am certain that there won't be a shortage of contenders or even managers interested in the job, to manage an International team is worth having on a CV.

CaleyShaun

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:54 am

CaleyShaun wrote:I am very baffled at why pundits like Andy Nicol and John Beattie want Andy to stay, they know as well as Andy does that its a results driven job and his record in competetive matches is poor.

I am all for a Bryan Redpath, Scott Johnson (he has to be included unfortunately because he has already agreed to become a coach) and Craig Chalmers management team.

Well, if AR does go, i am certain that there won't be a shortage of contenders or even managers interested in the job, to manage an International team is worth having on a CV.
Those three would more than adequately cover the backline, but who would you get in as your forwards coach, and who is Head?

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 22 Feb 2012, 8:55 am

Interesting rumour in the most recent edition of the Rugby Paper that Bruce Craig, the bank-roller of Barf, may be looking to buy Robinson out of his contract - nice result all round, save us from sacking him OK

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:03 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Interesting rumour in the most recent edition of the Rugby Paper that Bruce Craig, the bank-roller of Barf, may be looking to buy Robinson out of his contract - nice result all round, save us from sacking him OK

That would be very good for you AsBo but how much would that actually cost?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 9:05 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:Interesting rumour in the most recent edition of the Rugby Paper that Bruce Craig, the bank-roller of Barf, may be looking to buy Robinson out of his contract - nice result all round, save us from sacking him OK

They can have him. The question is who will take over Scotland? If Lancaster continues to keep England winning I can't see how the RFU can't allow him to continue as head coach of England. In that case Mallet would be a free agent.

Mallet could be a good signing but if he thinks about playign Rennie or Barclay at scrum half I think we'll all be begging to have Robinson back!

I wonder who would be interested in taking over Scotland, I suppose any coach coming in could look at it and think they could only improve us. Things currently can't get tham much worse.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:39 am

Mallett and Meehan Yahoo

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by NeilyBroon Wed 22 Feb 2012, 3:27 pm

okay looking at this week's lineup I'd say it's pretty much a certainty that Robinson will leave, I really don't understand how someone with so much insight into the game can be such a bad selector!

If Mallett hasn't applied to the England role he'd be a very tasty option as coach of Scotland, although whether spending that amount of time with Italy then moving on to another bottom feeder would be good for him I don't know! I would say Mike Ruddock but Johnson already screwed up that chance by joining the Scotland team, I hope he proves to be the thing that Scotland needs, we certainly can't do any worse right now.

If previous coach selections are anything to go by it'll be Michael Bradley stepping up from Edinburgh, although I really think this time round we need to draft someone in from the outside and keep Bradley at Edinburgh, although he'd be a better selector (I guess that's not much of an achievement!). Sean Lineen is a no, purely because he plays far too many players out of position, and Glasgow as a team are fairly linear, although at least consistent unlike Edinburgh.

How about Jake White?

NeilyBroon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next