The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where will England Finish in the Six Nations

+32
Equo Troiano
Woodstock
HERSH
SecretFly
dummy_half
RubyGuby
bluestonevedder
Hound_of_Harrow
tatterd
robbo277
yappysnap
EnglishReign
Cowshot
HammerofThunor
gelodge
Biltong
majesticimperialman
flankertye
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
english warrior
rodders
eirebilly
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
damngoodOvalball
miteyironpaw
Rory_Gallagher
Morgannwg
beshocked
Notch
Effervescing Elephant
Mr Bounce
Enforcer
36 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where will England finsih in the 6 Nations?

Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 12 ]
Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Vote_lcap41%Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Vote_rcap 41% 
[ 31 ]
Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Vote_lcap36%Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Vote_rcap 36% 
[ 27 ]
Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 76

Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Empty Where will England Finish in the Six Nations

Post by Enforcer Wed 15 Feb 2012, 4:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

This thread is to discuss where you think England will finish in the 6 Nations.

It is not to discuss any previous threads on this matter.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Empty Re: Where will England Finish in the Six Nations

Post by RubyGuby Thu 16 Feb 2012, 9:50 am

I think Scotland will win 2 games so 3rd and 4th will be a points difference issue IMO - Is it possible for Eng, Scot and Ireland to finish on 2 wins each ? thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Where will England Finish in the Six Nations - Page 2 Empty Re: Where will England Finish in the Six Nations

Post by dummy_half Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:08 am

Majestic makes a good point up-thread about the importance of momentum and the resulting increase in confidence - Wales slams in 05 and 08 really showed the importance of this, as in neither year would you have looked at the Welsh team on paper and said that it was clearly better than their oppponents.

THe other point is that there really isn't that much between any of the eeams, and probably hasn't been since 2004. As such, improved confidence from strining a couple of results together will give one team the edge over anopther who aren't going quite so well.

Honestly, I don't see England beating Wales next week - even if Lancaster makes the changes we hope for (Morgan, Flood, Tuillagi, perhaps LAwes), I still think we're going to struggle to match the power and quality that Wales have demonstrated to date.

Similarly, I think a win in Paris would be a big surprise, even with the advantage of the additional week's preparation. I do though think we have some chance against Ireland, who didn't impress much in their loss to Wales, and who will be playing for the 4th week on the bounce. SO 3rd in the table would be a reasonable performance - any better would be a surpirse, and anything worse than 4th would be a big shock now.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:19 am

I love it when the Welsh are writing us off at home.

Whenever they do that, they get sent home with a giant spank mark on their arses.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:25 am

[quote="miteyironpaw"]I love it when the Welsh are writing us off at home.

Whenever they do that, they get sent home with a giant spank mark on their arses and a Triple Crown Trophy on their coach Hug thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:28 am

I think the first thread on this was the best one if only because the WUMs were in good form then and they were fresh from training.

I think this thread will be a little lacklustre in performance, given that most WUMS are now in a resting period, have said just about anything that can be said and some of them are suffering injury after the big red pen told them to be quiet.

On the topic of the thread itself Wink

England 3 wins (Scotland, Italy, Wales)
France 3 wins (Italy, Scotland, England)
Ireland 4 wins (Italy, Scotland, France, England) Scotland iffy
Wales 4 wins (Ireland, Scotland, Italy, France) France iffy
Scotland 1 win (Italy)
Italy 0 win.

And two sides sweat it out to see which side gets the Championship Smile

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:30 am

Yes, we should obviously give it to you now, along with the 6N trophy and admit you'll inevitably complete a grandslam.

Wait, weren't we called arrogant last year when we claimed something ahead of actually achieving it? Surely, wait, no, you can't be, surely not....are you being arrogant RubyG?
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:33 am

are you being arrogant RubyG? - I'll leave it to you to work that one out - I would be a bit disappointed if you got it wrong as it means you haven't really been reading my posts - Wales are a better team than England at the moment and most pundits acept that - That does not guarantee a win away in the 6 nations and it should be a mighty battle there. thumbsup

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:53 am

Aaahhh Ruby, i love your confidence Wink. I cant pick a winner myself. I have this feeling that it will go 1 of 2 ways. Tight scrappy match with England winning or a runaway trouncing by Wales.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HERSH Thu 16 Feb 2012, 10:55 am

England for the Slam.
HERSH
HERSH

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Thu 16 Feb 2012, 11:12 am

Ireland for the slam...... oh wait..... blydi Welsh
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 16 Feb 2012, 11:17 am

The only folks that can do a slam now is the French, the Welsh or the English. And yes, any of them could do it...even England with a new coach (there is history of that, isn't there?)
So France or England might be the bookies favourites when looking at that recent anomaly.

In any case, one of them will be back down here with the ordinary mortals comes next week and I don't think it'll be France. So we're keeping a seat warm for Wales or England Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 17 Feb 2012, 7:09 am

I still dont think that there will be a grand slam, i think that Wales and France will each lose at least one game. This will come down to points. On the two matches seen, Wales would be favorites but i havent seen enough from France.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Fri 17 Feb 2012, 7:23 am

England to lose their next three.

Against Wales by 15+
France by 9+
Ireland 9+

So far 160 minutes of pure manure and 2 very lucky wins. Sitback and watch the emergence of 10 man rugby return to England.

Did it ever go away?? Doh

A worthy 4th.
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 17 Feb 2012, 7:31 am

Actually Woodstock, i have England finishing third. I think that they will beat Ireland in Twickers.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 17 Feb 2012, 8:14 am

Woodstock wrote:England to lose their next three.

Against Wales by 15+
France by 9+
Ireland 9+

So far 160 minutes of pure manure and 2 very lucky wins. Sitback and watch the emergence of 10 man rugby return to England.

A worthy 4th.

Core, I hope so. Back to be being the far and away highest try scorers we were around 2001. Cohen and Greenwood being two of the top try scorers in the 6 nations at the time. Roll on 10 man rugby. What we really need is to get a few locks young and stick them in the backs. It seems to have worked for Wales. Strong defence and then just smash through weak tackling. The fabled Welsh Way.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Fri 17 Feb 2012, 8:20 am

HammerofThunor wrote:
Woodstock wrote:England to lose their next three.

Against Wales by 15+
France by 9+
Ireland 9+

A worthy 4th.

Core, I hope so. Back to be being the far and away highest try scorers we were around 2001. Cohen and Greenwood being two of the top try scorers in the 6 nations at the time. Roll on 10 man rugby. What we really need is to get a few locks young and stick them in the backs. It seems to have worked for Wales. Strong defence and then just smash through weak tackling. The fabled Welsh Way.

What's the main difference. Wales commended world wide for their attractive attacking / running game. England snoozers, grunt and groan game highly outdated and found out just after the 2003 World CUp when you went to NZ and Aussie and lost every game AND scored NO tries clap
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 17 Feb 2012, 8:30 am

The main difference between what? Wales at their peak in the last twenty years and England at their worst in the last twenty years?

It baffles me the way Wales are lauded for 'attractive attacking / running' game. It relies on big backs running at players until they get away with a forward pop pass or come up against a weak tackler. Effective no doubt but hardly the thing that's been typically called 'attractive' in the past. In fact when England have done it it's been labelled boring and relying on boshers because they have no skill.

It cracked me up on Rugby Club last night when Ryan was talking about the difference between Wales and England and said Wales were more attacking and didn't have a lineout drive for the first 30 mins. Wasn't that because they didn't win a lineout for the 1st 30mins.

Just out of curiousity when was the last time Wales beat a tri nation side away? Poor England was 2 years ago. And when was the last time Wales beat England in competition? 3 years ago?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Fri 17 Feb 2012, 8:37 am

HammerofThunor wrote:The main difference between what? Wales at their peak in the last twenty years and England at their worst in the last twenty years?

It baffles me the way Wales are lauded for 'attractive attacking / running' game. It relies on big backs running at players until they get away with a forward pop pass or come up against a weak tackler. Effective no doubt but hardly the thing that's been typically called 'attractive' in the past. In fact when England have done it it's been labelled boring and relying on boshers because they have no skill.

It cracked me up on Rugby Club last night when Ryan was talking about the difference between Wales and England and said Wales were more attacking and didn't have a lineout drive for the first 30 mins. Wasn't that because they didn't win a lineout for the 1st 30mins.

Just out of curiousity when was the last time Wales beat a tri nation side away? Poor England was 2 years ago. And when was the last time Wales beat England in competition? 3 years ago?

All I can say is living in the beautiful Island of Aotearoa and having the pleasure of travelling this great nation as well as Australia, I hear more praise for Wales than England. That is from all types of media as well as people I talk to.

If you can show me an entertaining game involving England over the past 20 or so years please tell me. Wales are on the rise after a pretty crap few years, but we now have strength and depth, skill and genuine passion. This will be seen in Twickers quite soon.

Nuff said, you are on a hiding to nothing on this one...bye bye. clap zen
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 17 Feb 2012, 8:47 am

Woodstock wrote:

If you can show me an entertaining game involving England over the past 20 or so years please tell me.

SA vs England 2007 world cup pool match, rather exciting. Whistle
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Fri 17 Feb 2012, 8:49 am

Woodstock wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:The main difference between what? Wales at their peak in the last twenty years and England at their worst in the last twenty years?

All I can say is living in the beautiful Island of Aotearoa and having the pleasure of travelling this great nation as well as Australia, I hear more praise for Wales than England. That is from all types of media as well as people I talk to.

If you can show me an entertaining game involving England over the past 20 or so years please tell me. Wales are on the rise after a pretty crap few years, but we now have strength and depth, skill and genuine passion. This will be seen in Twickers quite soon.

Nuff said, you are on a hiding to nothing on this one...bye bye. clap zen

Here's another one Edit: insult removed by RD

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:17 am

Woodstock wrote:
If you can show me an entertaining game involving England over the past 20 or so years please tell me.

Autumn Internationals, 2010, England's win over Australia- that was a cracking match.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:19 am

The one where England beat Wales 65 points to 5 wasn't bad either.

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:54 am

Woodstock wrote:If you can show me an entertaining game involving England over the past 20 or so years please tell me.

Either this poster has only just started watching rugby or he doesn't know what entertaining rugby is. England, at the end of the last millennium and the beginning of this, played a cracking brand of rugby and were scoring tries for fun.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Cowshot Fri 17 Feb 2012, 10:06 am

I've really enjoyed supporting England over the last 40 years or so. There's been a WC win, a few finals, some Grand Slams and a lot of great games - win and lose. Tigers have done pretty well too, from time to time. Couldn't care less what other supporters whinge about. It's been a lot of fun. raspberry

Cowshot

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Fri 17 Feb 2012, 10:08 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:
Woodstock wrote:If you can show me an entertaining game involving England over the past 20 or so years please tell me.

Either this poster has only just started watching rugby or he doesn't know what entertaining rugby is. England, at the end of the last millennium and the beginning of this, played a cracking brand of rugby and were scoring tries for fun.

Its rather a pity that England havent been able to maintain those standards. I'm not sure Woodstock has only just started watching rugby, Edit by RD - unnecessary content removed

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:19 am

luckless_pedestrian wrote:

+1, as much as i hate to admit it but England from 00 up to around 05 were a cracking team to watch and had some very memorable games.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:24 am

They weren't as good as the England team from 2012 - 2017. Mark my words.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:28 am

They've certainly been a joy to watch so far this year, Mitey...

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:28 am

Well that's the fish basket full....diolch y fawr iawn sais kiss
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by Equo Troiano Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:40 am

Woodstock wrote:Well that's the fish basket full....diolch y fawr iawn sais kiss

Says an awful lot more about you than it does about us.

Equo Troiano

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Fri 17 Feb 2012, 11:43 am

Equo Troiano wrote:
Woodstock wrote:Well that's the fish basket full....diolch y fawr iawn sais kiss

Says an awful lot more about you than it does about us.
laughing
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Fri 17 Feb 2012, 12:00 pm

ah the deluded unsuccesful WUM. Like the lonely chap in a pub who just cant see that no one is laughing at his 'jokes'

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by Woodstock Fri 17 Feb 2012, 12:01 pm

damngoodOvalball wrote:

ah the deluded unsuccesful WUM. Like the lonely chap in a pub who just cant see that no one is laughing at his 'jokes'

Sad Don't let it get get you down me duck. Next time I am in your pub I will buy you half of mild and stiffle a titter at one of your puns Yahoo
Woodstock
Woodstock

Back to top Go down

Post by miteyironpaw Fri 17 Feb 2012, 12:03 pm

luckless_pedestrian wrote:They've certainly been a joy to watch so far this year, Mitey...

Well, Woodwards reign with the greatest England team (if not the greatest team) of all time so far started with the Tour of Hell, where most of these players were humiliated by Australia and NZ.

By comparison this great new team under Lancaster has started with two wins; ominous.
miteyironpaw
miteyironpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by damngoodOvalball Fri 17 Feb 2012, 12:07 pm

miteyironpaw wrote:
luckless_pedestrian wrote:They've certainly been a joy to watch so far this year, Mitey...

Well, Woodwards reign with the greatest England team (if not the greatest team) of all time so far started with the Tour of Hell, where most of these players were humiliated by Australia and NZ.

By comparison this great new team under Lancaster has started with two wins; ominous.

Didnt it start with a 15 al draw with Oz at twickenham? Maybe that was his first home game?

damngoodOvalball

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 17 Feb 2012, 12:38 pm

It started with a win in South Africa for the second test in 2000 and ended with a win in Australia in 2003

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Fri 17 Feb 2012, 4:01 pm

In 1998 England were thrashed 76-0 by the Aussies and 5 years later won the World cup in that self same Telstra stadium and are the only NH team to have had the quality, skill and will to achieve this.

By all means you Welsh pygmies dig and belittle away, but deep down you know that England have achieved more than you ever have, and ever can. Also England have something you don't have and that is potential to do it again!!

World cups in Rugby, Football and Cricket and you have the bare faced cheek and temerity to criticise and even claim Parity.

Put your own house in order first!!

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 17 Feb 2012, 5:08 pm

The beautiful Island of Aotearoa Woodstock? Land of the long white cloud is often the translation but NZ is made up of many different islands. Although my beloved South Island is rightly called the Mainland and where most of the ABs live. Whistle

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 17 Feb 2012, 5:09 pm

For what it´s worth, I´m going for 3rd for England. France, Wales, England, Ireland, Scotland, Italy.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 17 Feb 2012, 5:18 pm

Just out of curiosity, English Warrior, have you ever written a post here that didn't include a dig at Wales?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Fri 17 Feb 2012, 6:31 pm

Luckless pedestrian- ' Just out of curiosity,English Warrior, have you ever written a post here that Didn't include a dig at Wales?'

I certainly hope not, but if i have its probably anti-AB, because its a toss up to decide which team (Not nation or people) that i loathe and dislike the most, but at the moment by a good length it has to be Wales!!

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Fri 17 Feb 2012, 6:36 pm

english warrior wrote:Luckless pedestrian- ' Just out of curiosity,English Warrior, have you ever written a post here that Didn't include a dig at Wales?'

I certainly hope not, but if i have its probably anti-AB, because its a toss up to decide which team (Not nation or people) that i loathe and dislike the most, but at the moment by a good length it has to be Wales!!

"Not nation or people"

yay
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 17 Feb 2012, 6:36 pm

Do you hate Wales more when they win or when they lose? Or doesn't it make a difference?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Fri 17 Feb 2012, 6:47 pm

Luckless- No, no difference at all,i still find that the team and its fans are arrogant, graceless, one eyed, A Holes whatever the result!! Wink

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 17 Feb 2012, 6:49 pm

english warrior wrote:Luckless- No, no difference at all,i still find that the team and its fans are arrogant, graceless, one eyed, A Holes whatever the result!! Wink

What about the Irish then? Wink
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by slartibartfast Fri 17 Feb 2012, 6:49 pm

England will finished 4th becuase of naff points difference due to the inability to score tries against the percieved weakest (no offence) teams in the comp.

And if they drop their one and only attaching threat in Charlie Charger Hodgeson they'll really struggle.
slartibartfast
slartibartfast

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Fri 17 Feb 2012, 7:09 pm

Eirebilly- The Irish!!!!! Don't even get me started on them!! My God!!!! Hug

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Fri 17 Feb 2012, 7:16 pm

I knew you loved us warrior Hug
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Sun 19 Feb 2012, 8:36 am

english warrior wrote:Luckless- No, no difference at all,i still find that the team and its fans are arrogant, graceless, one eyed, A Holes whatever the result!! Wink
Be careful of throwing stones in glass houses English Warrior. Whistle

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by english warrior Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:27 pm

Woodstock- Cheers, glad to see you backing up my stereotype!! Very Happy

english warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next