The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Chisora have been more stupid????

+38
Strongback
two_tone
The genius of PBF
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Josiah Maiestas
88Chris05
AlexHuckerby
Adam D
ncfc_Tooze
EdWoodjr
paul12342
Lance
DaveHedgehog
eirebilly
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
steven24
The Galveston Giant
Nico the gman
compelling and rich
jbeadlesbigrighthand
tunes666
westo147
NathanDB10
mystiroakey
ShahenshahG
The Boss
monty junior
Imperial Ghosty
BoxingFan88
hampo17
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
oxring
Rowley
Steffan
djlovesyou
md_fan
azania
TRUSSMAN66
42 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Could Chisora have been more stupid???? Empty Could Chisora have been more stupid????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 21:50

One minute he's getting on with Vit... hopefully so well Vitali might be cruising on autopilot....increasing his chances of winning!!

next he's assaulting the guy and making sure Vitali is 100% committed and focused on destroying him....

Always thought Chisora was dumb.....

On a sidenote... noticed some people applauding this stunt on another thread...Remember he had a British scarf stuck to his face when he did it!!! It isn't to be applauded and it doesn't make Britain look good!!

Come on Klitsy do a job on him...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Could Chisora have been more stupid???? Empty Re: Could Chisora have been more stupid????

Post by azania Fri 17 Feb 2012, 21:52

There are two thread running similar themes. Why start a new thread?

azania

Back to top Go down

Could Chisora have been more stupid???? Empty Re: Could Chisora have been more stupid????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 21:54

Why come back????..If I got kicked off I'd have too much pride to come back..

go away you bore me...you'll not get a petty argument from me..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by md_fan Fri 17 Feb 2012, 21:55

What was the scarf about anyway? He is heading for a humbling defeat I can see. Should have displayed more humility during the biggest opportunity in his career.

md_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Fri 17 Feb 2012, 21:55

Probably doesn't make Britain look that good, but to be fair, Haye and Chisora acting like absolute end de bells have probably been the two most entertaining things about the heavyweight division in the last decade.

Simply because of this, the Klitschkos should be ashamed.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2012, 21:56

Come on Truss, give your public what they want.
Giving you lots of Chisora bromance
Andy xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 17 Feb 2012, 21:57

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If I got kicked off
We live in hope...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:00

Nice to see some decent names on this thread....

Chisora is representing Britain...still he seems to have more support than haye did which I find surprising!!

He has no class..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:00

They're all in tonight!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:01

azania wrote:There are two thread running similar themes. Why start a new thread?

Az it was your inability to play nice with Truss that caused your last little sabatical from the board, may be prudent to either contribute to the thread in a civil manner or not at all.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:02

Steffan can have his fun....

Only classless types get kicked off here...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:02

Pack it in lads. Truss has started a decent thread - no need to behave like immature schoolchildren.

Unless, of course, you wish to be treated like naughty schoolchildren - if you do let me know
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:03

Only If i can have a ruler on my backsde!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:05

Ask Dereck, I'm sure he'll help you out

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:05

Does that involved me being spanked Oxy? If it does then count me in Wink

Back on topic:

Truss you have said previously this fight wont go more than 3 rounds and Chisora has no chance so what difference does it make how he behaves?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:05

Still back to the thread...the fact remains you want a dominant champion to be on autopilot when he faces you.....Want him to be looking down the road etc...

Like Curry was...

Why the heck would you make him obsessed with you so close to the fight....

Think he's screwed himself....silly boy!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:07

Well he'd have more chance of it going four if he hadn't slapped him!!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:08

Oh well who cares,

It's refreshing to see someone show a bit of hunger and not be intimidated by the brothers.

He shouldn't have done it but it happened and for the first time (excluding haye vs wlad) people are talking about te heavyweight scene. Everyone has heard about it through SSN and people who didn't know chisora now do.

Vitali may go all out trying to punish chisora, and if chisora does not get blown away you may see the 40 year old breathing more heavily than ever before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:10

Place your bets: Who is going to be the first fighter to pull out a gun at a weigh in?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:11

It's refreshing to see someone assault a guy????

Come on Mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:13

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's refreshing to see someone assault a guy????
Hardly assault though. My ex would slap me harder than that looking at some girl walking past...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:14

Never met your ex but I think I'd probably like her...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:17

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Never met your ex but I think I'd probably like her...

She had issues. I seem to attract that type though...

So Truss what do you think of Vitali stopping Delboy playing the 'Only Fools and Horses' tune?

That deserves a slap at the least

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:17

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It's refreshing to see someone assault a guy????

Come on Mate..

I think you need to remember what sport this is.

A slap between two 17+ stone men the night before they beat the sh** out of each other (hopefully) for there job. No lasting damage was done and I don't think a slap is much worse than when 2 fighters push each other across the room.

Its refreshing to see a heavyweight contender who wants to take the fight to a klitschko

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:21

Yes its supposed to be a sport where two people fight eachother in a "ring" and not assault eachother beforehand....

It gives Boxing a bad name.....

We'll see If he takes the fight to him tomorrow when he hasn't got his buddies around him!!

it was cowardly..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:32

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:It gives Boxing a bad name.....

Exactly. We're not going to win the hearts and minds of skinhead meatheads who like to grunt at each other, abuse the English language and raucously yell "gaaaaaaaaaaawn 'it 'im agen" before lecherously leering at a ring girl.

They're going to follow UFC.

Boxing needs intelligent, erudite, humanitarians like the K-bros. Preferably with slightly more fan-friendly styles.

Vit is more articulate than Chisora in English - so frankly - who is coming out of this looking better? If, as expected, Vit turns tomorrow into a painful evening for Dereck - where does he stand then?

And if Chisora wins - does he have to promote himself via the sensationalist route? It somewhat suggests that he is devoid of a personality or electrifying talent.

Like an actress who always poses nude, to hide the fact that she can't act all that well.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:33

The stuff at the Sonny Williams weigh in was worse in my opinion.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:37

Too many things give boxing a bad name though,

The slap has got people talking and has sparked debates like this, when a sports in the spotlight then it will get more coverage, whether for the good or the bad. It's a shame it's not on sky as people would have tuned in just I see what happen whether it's an even affair or most likely a one sided beating

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:40

Sorry what did Riddick Bowe do to his challenger Larry Donald again??? Far worse than what happened today. What about Barerra vs Morales? Lewis vs Tyson? Holmes vs Berbick. People are acting like this has never happened before.

It was wrong and stupid but its not the worst thing that has ever happened. As boxing fans we want to see a fight and thats exactly what we will get, if it goes 1 round or 12.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:40

Its better for boxing that Floyd and Manny refusing to fight each other. Agree its a total shame its not on Sky as even if it was PPV I would have forked out with my brother for a night in with a few beers mad

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:45

The reaction to this has gone overboard, it's about time the brothers were brought done a notch or two, their holier than thou and superior attitude was boring years ago.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 17 Feb 2012, 22:47

A small point with regards to morals.

Something doesn't need to be the worst event in history to be morally wrong.

By your logic - Lara-Williams wasn't a robbery - because we've seen worse in Chavez-Whittaker.

It wasn't the worst weigh-in event we've seen. That doesn't make it a sensible thing to do.

As Ben Dirs pointed out of the extra people it persuades to tune in - how many are actually going to be wanting Chisora to win?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Fri 17 Feb 2012, 23:00

When is the fight supposed to start fellas?

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 17 Feb 2012, 23:03

monty junior wrote:When is the fight supposed to start fellas?
Iv heard the ring walk is 10pm BST. So thats 3 minutes for Chisora to enter the ring. 14 minutes for Vitali to enter it. 7 minutes for introductions so id say about 10.24. Scheduled to finish around 10.29

Last edited by Steffan on Fri 17 Feb 2012, 23:05; edited 1 time in total

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Fri 17 Feb 2012, 23:04

German fights are normally KO around 10pm our time - if you keep your eyes open on the boxnation_news_thread on our main boxing page - I'm sure BoxnationTV's rep will have an announcement - cum - reminder for us tomorrow.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sat 18 Feb 2012, 00:24

My initial thought when I seen it was "Dear Christ, that was a stupid thing to do" and it hasn't changed now. Didn't give Chisora a chance anyway and I'm with Truss in thinking that the last thing Del Boy wants to do is give Vit a reason to be even more focused. Vitali is much too experienced to go out and blow himself out after 2 or 3 rounds. In my view, Derek will regret it as soon as the bell sounds.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 18 Feb 2012, 00:26

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Only If i can have a ruler on my backsde!!!

Reckon you'd need a laser distance measuring device for that

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 18 Feb 2012, 00:34

oh come on lol- they are boxers, he gave him a slap, probally because vitalli said something or shoved his head in his face, or it was all staged!

boxers are boxers, what do people expect!!

id like to see chisora beat him up, but im not really bothered in fairness- its all abit gash these days- no quality fighters about, so things like this have to happen to raise interest- would i have jumped on the boxing board if it didnt, would i be holding out for the result tommorow if i didnt find out about this- no i wouldnt!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanDB10 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 00:40

Bad move by Chisora, he made himself look stupid, no class whatsoever.

Think this is going to be a Drago-Apollo Creed scenario now, although it probably always was.

VK usually tries to carry his opponent for a couple of rounds, just for the TV marketing probably, (i.e. Adamek), now I think he will just anihilate him.

Good I say.

NathanDB10

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 18 Feb 2012, 00:41

NathanDB10 wrote:Think this is going to be a Drago-Apollo Creed scenario now

Agree. This time tomorrow Creed and Chisora will be sipping a cocktail looking out over the pearl gates

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 18 Feb 2012, 00:47

Some poor sensitive souls here who want boxers to be gentlemen at all times. Only in germany will gentlemen sell tickets. Anywhere else they would be called boring and fighting on undercards (except a certain N.American country where they would be icons for obvious reasons).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 18 Feb 2012, 00:50

Sometimes I think of doing the Lottery but then I think well so what if I won a rollover jackpoy of 12 million or something. No one in American would of heard of me. Super rich or not...if you aint made it in the States you are worthless Cool

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Boss Sat 18 Feb 2012, 00:51

Az, I wouldn't care if it seemed like a natural thing to be doing. It seems to me that he's listened to some idiot in his entourage and they've told him itd be a good idea. It just seemed completely stupid to me. Not entertaining or productive to a gameplan.

The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 18 Feb 2012, 00:52

Steffan wrote:Sometimes I think of doing the Lottery but then I think well so what if I won a rollover jackpoy of 12 million or something. No one in American would of heard of me. Super rich or not...if you aint made it in the States you are worthless Cool
Laugh Laugh

Careful now stefan

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 18 Feb 2012, 00:55

Sorry that should of read 'jackpot' not 'jackpoy'. Who cares its worthless in america anyway...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012, 01:05

oxring wrote:A small point with regards to morals.

Something doesn't need to be the worst event in history to be morally wrong.

By your logic - Lara-Williams wasn't a robbery - because we've seen worse in Chavez-Whittaker.

It wasn't the worst weigh-in event we've seen. That doesn't make it a sensible thing to do.

As Ben Dirs pointed out of the extra people it persuades to tune in - how many are actually going to be wanting Chisora to win?

Honestly don't think Chisora cares.

Most, if not all, the K Bros opponents know they have very little chance of victory, most of them are happy to be written off before the fight starts. Chisora is happy to be considered the underdog, because if he loses, it was expected, if he wins, he looks likes the greatest thing since sliced bread. However, unlike many of the K's opponents, I think Chisora genuinely relishes the underdog tag.

Re the slap, I think Chisora realises that getting Vitali to fight off the back foot/in safety mode, isn't going to improve his chances of victory. Vitali employs that awkward style where he throws the jab and leans back at the same time thus increasing his already considerable reach advantage. Chisora may feel his best chance is to get Vitali coming forward and, if it's fueled by anger as opposed to his normally level headed approach, maybe there's the possibility of an opening to exploit (can't see it myself but I'm merely hypothesising).

Now whilst I don't particularly agree with the methods Chisora employed to rile Vitali, I can see and appreciate the thinking behind it. The trouble is, come the opening bell, Vitali will have had time to calm down and regain his composure....therefore
I'd look for Chisora to employ a few of the "dark arts" to try and swing the advantage back to him. Has anyone really tried to throw the K's off their gameplan using less than savoury antics...is this possiby the only way they can be beaten, would it validate a win for Chisora (if it came off)?

I look for Chisora to give a good account of himself perhaps being stopped late (albeit controversially) or lose by a fairly wide margin. I appreciate most will have been turned off by this latest stunt but I will also be rooting for the lad (hopefully this doesn't make me a thug by proxy)

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 18 Feb 2012, 01:10

You sound like a right thug Dave I gotta say

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 18 Feb 2012, 01:12

Why would people be turned off by that? FFS, we want to see 2 guys beat each other to near death to satisfy our blood lust. And people get offended by a little slap?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012, 01:15

Steffan wrote:You sound like a right thug Dave I gotta say

Frustrating thing is, Steffan, I'm a right charmer I am.......and I'll smack anyone who says different!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by westo147 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 04:16

As much I hate to agree with Truss, this will be an absolute walk in the park. The slap has no baring on the fight, as this was always a no contest from the beginning. Haye was poor, but this laughable effort will pale into insignificance. Bit of an obsever on these boards, but am so surprised at serious boxing people giving Chisora a fighting chance. Absolute walkover.

westo147

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next