The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could Chisora have been more stupid????

+38
Strongback
two_tone
The genius of PBF
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
Josiah Maiestas
88Chris05
AlexHuckerby
Adam D
ncfc_Tooze
EdWoodjr
paul12342
Lance
DaveHedgehog
eirebilly
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
steven24
The Galveston Giant
Nico the gman
compelling and rich
jbeadlesbigrighthand
tunes666
westo147
NathanDB10
mystiroakey
ShahenshahG
The Boss
monty junior
Imperial Ghosty
BoxingFan88
hampo17
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
oxring
Rowley
Steffan
djlovesyou
md_fan
azania
TRUSSMAN66
42 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Could Chisora have been more stupid???? - Page 2 Empty Could Chisora have been more stupid????

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Feb 2012, 9:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

One minute he's getting on with Vit... hopefully so well Vitali might be cruising on autopilot....increasing his chances of winning!!

next he's assaulting the guy and making sure Vitali is 100% committed and focused on destroying him....

Always thought Chisora was dumb.....

On a sidenote... noticed some people applauding this stunt on another thread...Remember he had a British scarf stuck to his face when he did it!!! It isn't to be applauded and it doesn't make Britain look good!!

Come on Klitsy do a job on him...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Could Chisora have been more stupid???? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could Chisora have been more stupid????

Post by hampo17 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:35 am

I heard on 5live this morning that Del has been questions Vitalis sexuality? Anyone heard anything about this?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Could Chisora have been more stupid???? - Page 2 Empty Re: Could Chisora have been more stupid????

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:52 am

Probably fancies him - he himself is supposedly bisexual Laugh

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 10:33 am

I think every one has gone way over board with this slap, I dont think it looked bad at all... look what fighters like Tyson has done in the past, not to mention a few scraps in the past.

I think VK telling Chisora that he could not play his Dell Boy Theme tune is more of a disgrace.

Last edited by tunes666 on Sat 18 Feb 2012, 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:43 am

I don't think slapping Vitali was that stupid, to be honest (at least from a tactical point of view). What's he got to lose? His best hope is probably a brawl. If it goes the distance then he's just getting his face punched off for even longer, before most likely getting knocked out. From a more general perspective, yes it was thuggish, and a shame, because the Klitschko's always come across as intelligent and decent.

As for the question of Chisora being a decent representative of Britain, I would have to say I couldn't care less. I don't think anyone who fights for a living should be seen as a role model. I would also think that most people across the world are smart enough to see that the actions of a single boxer don't speak for the character of their country. Anyway, I think if people are going to judge Britain negatively over Chisora's actions they should be more concerned that he hits women than that he slaps a guy who's more than capable of fighting back.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:59 am

Well said jbeadle. VK likes to walk his opponents down and slowly, methodically dissect them before forcing a ref stoppage. Del cant fight backing off. He'll come forward. Can VK fight on the inside? I doubt it. He'll keep Del away with his jab and Del will slip many of them because they are slow at best.

VK will get hit and hit often. Eventually Del will tire out forcing the pace and down the stretch VK will get to him. Either a late KO or UD for Vit. It wouldn't surprise me if Del outhustled him in the manner he did helenius.

Dont rate VK and never have.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

Well, at some point old father time has to come knocking for Vitali....but not this time. If memory serves,Azania, you DO rate Wlad quite highly. I find it hard to rate a heavyweight champ who doesn't like to fight.I think Vitali is a shoe-in for a top twenty atg. Can't see him running out of puff for a while yet,and although I have been doing my best to envision a scenario whereby Chisora gives him a hard time of it, I can't see it. Could be one of the most one-sided fights ever, in my book.

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:30 pm

andygf wrote:Well, at some point old father time has to come knocking for Vitali....but not this time. If memory serves,Azania, you DO rate Wlad quite highly. I find it hard to rate a heavyweight champ who doesn't like to fight.I think Vitali is a shoe-in for a top twenty atg. Can't see him running out of puff for a while yet,and although I have been doing my best to envision a scenario whereby Chisora gives him a hard time of it, I can't see it. Could be one of the most one-sided fights ever, in my book.

I rate Wlad very highly. A far superior boxer to VK. Not as durable as VK obviously. In ATG stakes, Wlad will rank higher. The manner of his 3 losses may hold him back, but Lewis's losses haven't held him back.

The attitude of both guys annoy the hell out of me. Their high brow persona, classy stuff is false. Look at their control freakery. I want someone, anyone to knock them off their pedestal. Cant see anyone beating Wlad though. Vit is vulnerable.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:57 pm

british fighters making a fool out of themselves playing the big man out of the ring only too be found out inside it. chisora can slap him all he likes but i'll be more impressed if he can land that cleanly tonight

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Sat 18 Feb 2012, 1:16 pm

hampo171 wrote:I heard on 5live this morning that Del has been questions Vitalis sexuality? Anyone heard anything about this?
Vitali is definitely a bloke because if he ain't his one big ugly woman. Very Happy

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 18 Feb 2012, 1:20 pm

Is being reported the WBC have fined Dereck $50,000 for the slap so for no other reason that that it was pretty stupid.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 18 Feb 2012, 1:26 pm

That must be half his wages Laugh

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Sat 18 Feb 2012, 2:16 pm

Yeah i think he's being fined.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by steven24 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 3:57 pm

I hope he gets fined by the sanctioning bodies, etc. No class whatsoever, it's not the first time either, let's be honest. Kissing that fat dude Baker, biting Butlin.

steven24

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 18 Feb 2012, 4:57 pm

steven24 wrote:I hope he gets fined by the sanctioning bodies, etc. No class whatsoever, it's not the first time either, let's be honest. Kissing that fat dude Baker, biting Butlin.

not to mention beating up his girlfriend and coming in as a whale for the fury fight, he is rather embrassing

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sat 18 Feb 2012, 5:34 pm

compelling and rich wrote:
steven24 wrote:I hope he gets fined by the sanctioning bodies, etc. No class whatsoever, it's not the first time either, let's be honest. Kissing that fat dude Baker, biting Butlin.

not to mention beating up his girlfriend and coming in as a whale for the fury fight, he is rather embrassing

No its great. He should slap more people. In fact, biting Vitali would be alright tomorrow night as well. Before or after the fight obviously, so he doesn't pick up a penalty. It satisfies my bloodlust. Pathetic.

[that was thinly veiled sarcasm, not directed at either of you, before you get cross]
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 18 Feb 2012, 5:50 pm

I think the Warren's set this up. Get Del Boy to slap Vitali, loads of coverage in the papers and tv. The whole country have either seen it or read about it. It's free advertising for Boxnation and in turn, more customers. It has been announced on Sky that Derek will be fined but that was always going to be the case anyway. So Warren will cover the fine and everybody it happy.

It was the best thing that could have happened in a business sense because everybody wants to see this fight now. Very shrewd move. Good call.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012, 7:07 pm

Reborn, you are a disgusting cynic....but I like how your mind works

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 18 Feb 2012, 7:08 pm

Hi lads, what time is the fight so that i can tune into German tv?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Sat 18 Feb 2012, 7:10 pm

eirebilly wrote:Hi lads, what time is the fight so that i can tune into German tv?

Best to watch it on boxnation.tv - where you'll get domestic commentary as well.

Course - if you're on the continent - I'm not sure if you can watch it online via boxnation - but the ring walks start at 10pm GMT
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveHedgehog Sat 18 Feb 2012, 7:12 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:I think the Warren's set this up. Get Del Boy to slap Vitali, loads of coverage in the papers and tv. The whole country have either seen it or read about it. It's free advertising for Boxnation and in turn, more customers. It has been announced on Sky that Derek will be fined but that was always going to be the case anyway. So Warren will cover the fine and everybody it happy.

It was the best thing that could have happened in a business sense because everybody wants to see this fight now. Very shrewd move. Good call.

I fell for it. Cancelling SS1 and getting BN for the next 3 months. Hopefully she won't realise.....

DaveHedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 18 Feb 2012, 7:14 pm

oxring wrote:
eirebilly wrote:Hi lads, what time is the fight so that i can tune into German tv?

Best to watch it on boxnation.tv - where you'll get domestic commentary as well.

Course - if you're on the continent - I'm not sure if you can watch it online via boxnation - but the ring walks start at 10pm GMT

Thanks mate. I am on the mainland so get the German stations in HD Very Happy
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012, 7:19 pm

According to the RTL listing on TVGids from 2245, they have a countdown programe from 2200 - 2245 & then the fight. Its also on RTL 7 from 2200, so take your pick dutch or german commentary. I'm also in Holland btw.

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 18 Feb 2012, 7:26 pm

Is it on RTL 7 sohotnot? I didnt know that. I will watch it on that then Smile

No pubs in the Zeewolde area are showing it so i am going to watch from home.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012, 7:54 pm

This type of behaviour sullies the name of boxing, and I have to respect Vitali for not reacting. It shows discipline that he was able to reign in his natural response to retaliate. If it hasn’t done so already, this should be ringing alarm bells in Chisora’s head.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 7:55 pm

Funny isn't it....I just point out that Chisora is representing Britain....

and I'm a sensitive soul.......

No not really just been brought up properly and don't find thugs amusing..

It's called having class...

Come on Vit take your time with this guy!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveHedgehog Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:04 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Funny isn't it....I just point out that Chisora is representing Britain....

I think the guy is intelligent. He certainly has an artistic side. Ok, he's not a Tyson yet but if he wins tonight watch out Miss Essex 2012.......

DaveHedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:08 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Funny isn't it....I just point out that Chisora is representing Britain....

Thats exactly how I see it. I just cant see Klit going for an early knockout, he will want to show Chisora up for slapping him and will outbox him.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:13 pm

I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't like that mindset in a fighter. Chisora is not great but is a big unit and not devoid of talent or power therefore he is dangerous, he is not to be messed around with. For me if Vitali gets the chance to get rid of him early he should take it. Also Vitali is 40, the more early nights he can have the better to my mind.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:18 pm

Ali certainly had that mindset though hey!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:20 pm

rowley wrote:I'm not saying you're wrong but I don't like that mindset in a fighter. Chisora is not great but is a big unit and not devoid of talent or power therefore he is dangerous, he is not to be messed around with. For me if Vitali gets the chance to get rid of him early he should take it. Also Vitali is 40, the more early nights he can have the better to my mind.

Are you getting your last cheapshots in before you hit the dreaded 40 yourself within the next couple of years?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:22 pm

Talking about cheapshots.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:25 pm

im shocked at how many people have fallen for this stunt. the fight wasnt getting enough headlines and there was talk of vitali coasting it. hence why we are served a bit of drama to get everyone talking about the fight and give it the desired grudge match feel. boxing is fast copying wwe and frank warren in particular. remember mitchell and murray mouthing off in the ring in the build up to their fight, yet they are mates. and cleverly bellew was a definate grudge, yet they are mates. didnt chisora and fury have to get split up at ringside too even though they get on well.

lets be honest vitali is a very arrogant and aggressive man whos used to fighting, if he gets slapped he doesnt stand in shock, the fighter in him goes into auto mode and starts hitting back. the stunt was set up by both guys

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveHedgehog Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:27 pm

when are they expected on?

DaveHedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:27 pm

You're cynical aren't you...!!

I don't believe looking at the shock on Vitali's face he was expecting it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:30 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're cynical aren't you...!!

I don't believe looking at the shock on Vitali's face he was expecting it..

i been watching a lot of boxing mate. im certain it was a set up. its a proper open handed slap designed to make as much noise as possible. im sure vitali doesnt mind a red cheek in order to get a few more sales. theres no way vitali doesnt hit back if thats real. the guy is super competitive and loves to be in control

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:33 pm

Who knows you may be right.....who knows..

Can't wait for Mormeck's girly slap on Wlad!!

He'll probably think there is a pesky fly in the room!!! Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by paul12342 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:50 pm

I watched Bunceys show last night where they showed Chisora leaving the weigh in after. I have to say in my eyes he looked petrified and almost looked as if he was wandering what he had done himself.

Chisoras out his depth here bigtime if he could not beat Fury he hasnt a chance against Vitali.I think yesterday the task ahead of him tonight finally dawned on him.

Not only is he against a bigger stronger operator hes also fighting someone whos class he has never encountred before.

On talksport this morning they had Gareth A Davies of the telegraph giving his thoughts and he said that he felt that Chisoras only chance was hope but once he slapped Vitali that went right out the window. A pretty fair point i felt.

Oh well i kind of hope Chisora proves me wrong but then again part of me feels he is a complete loose cannon and dont even deserve to be fighting for the world title.

paul12342

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 8:57 pm

Wouldn't read to much in to the Fury fight, he beat Helenius, according to everyone but the judges, who is a better fighter than Fury.

Was always going to be a big ask but if he goes in their and tries 100% he'll come out of it with positives.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by EdWoodjr Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:09 pm

Chisora's £100k purse will be reduced by a third or so thanks to his cheap shot. Not the sharpest tool in the box.

EdWoodjr

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:13 pm

EdWoodjr wrote:Chisora's £100k purse will be reduced by a third or so thanks to his cheap shot. Not the sharpest tool in the box.

£100k? Is that all he's getting? Shocked

Anyway, that slap will earn him notoriety...ergo more money.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:16 pm

He'll be in great demand when he recovers I'm sure!! Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveHedgehog Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:17 pm

fight delayed. k's accusing chisora of handwraps......

DaveHedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:18 pm

I hear he has been stopped from looking in on the hand wrapping

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:18 pm

No chance would Vitali be consciously involved in a stunt like this, was all Chisora, he's always had a screw loose and this even more evidence of that.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:25 pm

I am really not that big of a boxing fan, i basically watch the big fights and thats about it. I really hope that its a good fight though but i cant see past Vitali crushing Chisora in about 5 rounds.

Last edited by eirebilly on Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveHedgehog Sat 18 Feb 2012, 9:26 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:No chance would Vitali be consciously involved in a stunt like this, was all Chisora, he's always had a screw loose and this even more evidence of that.
the k's wouldn't do anything like this. definitely chisora playing up. thanks ghost.

DaveHedgehog

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Sat 18 Feb 2012, 10:01 pm

Anyone elses boxnation not encrypted?

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sun 19 Feb 2012, 9:33 am

With regards to the OP, I think the press conference proved that he can be!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 19 Feb 2012, 4:25 pm

DaveHedgehog wrote:
Imperial Ghosty wrote:No chance would Vitali be consciously involved in a stunt like this, was all Chisora, he's always had a screw loose and this even more evidence of that.
the k's wouldn't do anything like this. definitely chisora playing up. thanks ghost.

Dont be SO naive to suggest they wouldnt do this- money talks, not saying they did- however i am 100% sure there arnt some sort of saints, they do anything and i mean anything for a PRICE!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 19 Feb 2012, 4:32 pm

Yeah but they would lose half their fanbase in germany because that why they are loved - articulate nice guys who dont embarrass ze germans. They wouldn't do something like this because they'd lose their staple and Vitalis political career.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next