The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jon Davies to Saints???

+13
thebandwagonsociety
gowales
Welshmushroom
pioden gorllewin
formerly known as Sam
ScarletSpiderman
Smirnoffpriest
youngguns6
Cardiff Dave
DaveM
Rory_Gallagher
Bathite
Sgt_Pooly
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Jon Davies to Saints??? - Page 2 Empty Jon Davies to Saints???

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Great signing for Saints....

Downey out JD in.

http://m.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/saints/northampton_saints_wales_centre_davies_linked_with_switch_to_franklin_s_gardens_1_3539669

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Jon Davies to Saints??? - Page 2 Empty Re: Jon Davies to Saints???

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:33 am

Rolf - it started on the old 606 where people wanted to come up with a nickname for it, and Jeff just stuck. Think it was someone's son's hamsters name or something? can't even really remember now!

Back to top Go down

Post by Welshmushroom Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:48 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Hmm not sure about the best centre in the UK though he is a very good player and it would be close. It would be a change in tactics for Northampton, they have almost uniformerly signed underrated players and built up the team around solid bases first with flair second. Signing Davies would be a significant indulgence in attacking flair when the pack which is the basis for their success is in need of reinforcement.

I'd be suprised if they offered as much as £250k because the cost of retaining their talented youngsters and the needed reinforcements would put them close to the new higher wage cap. Then again they could make Davies their marquee signing and fit him under the cap that way.

Im interested Sam, Who currently on form do you believe is a better player than JD in Wales,Scotland & Ireland at Outside Centre on form? Bishops been quite solid at the Ospreys but there are no other standouts in Wales (given that Roberts & Beck are both playing inside centre). Scotland don't really have anyone but Morrison and De Luca are about the best they have. Cairns is injured.

Matt Hopper for Quins is playing well and so is Barritt at Saracens. Tuilagi hasnt played much to establish form through injuries. Think thats about the best England has to offer there currently. So given the form JD has been in since the WC I cant think of anyone playing better.

Welshmushroom

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:55 am

Rolfs_Cartoon_Club wrote:Just out of interest, why is the Aviva known as the 'Jeff' on here?

The alternative name, 'Jeff', was put forward I believe on the old 606 site. People didn't like the change in sponsorship name and wanted to call the league something unique that doesn't give a big company free advertising everytime it was mentioned. A lot of suggestions came in but the winner was based on the name one poster calls his pet hamster / guinea pig.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:13 am

Welshmushroom - it's worth noting though that Foxy/JD2 only plays 13 for Wales. He is a 12 for the Scarlets also (although I htink he and Scott Williams switch positions in the centre a lot)

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:40 am

rugbydreamer wrote:Welshmushroom - it's worth noting though that Foxy/JD2 only plays 13 for Wales. He is a 12 for the Scarlets also (although I htink he and Scott Williams switch positions in the centre a lot)

For Scarlets do they switch adhoc, or is it a left/right setup irrespective of where the breakdown is?

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:44 am

It depends whether the team are attacking or defending I think.

I'm not all clued up on the tactics of switching position sorry, I just know that I've noticed them doing it a lot is all!

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:08 am

thebandwagonsociety wrote:
rugbydreamer wrote:Welshmushroom - it's worth noting though that Foxy/JD2 only plays 13 for Wales. He is a 12 for the Scarlets also (although I htink he and Scott Williams switch positions in the centre a lot)

For Scarlets do they switch adhoc, or is it a left/right setup irrespective of where the breakdown is?

Yeah they do swap positions as and when the play dictates, I think that when Turnbull and McCusker are on the flanks they seem to do a similar thing too.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:13 am

Im interested Sam, Who currently on form do you believe is a better player than JD in Wales,Scotland & Ireland at Outside Centre on form?

To be fair if you're going on form you're probably are right there's not many that have been playing as well as him recently.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2