The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why Norwich are the best promoted team?

+6
Soldier_Of_Fortune
cherriesfna
Crimey
Shot 21 LCFC
Kay Fabe
Good Golly I'm Olly
10 posters

Go down

Why Norwich are the best promoted team? Empty Why Norwich are the best promoted team?

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:22 pm

Simply this:

Norwich 3-1 Swansea
Norwich 2-1 QPR
QPR 1-2 Norwich
Swansea 2-3 Norwich

Also
8th - Norwich Points 35
11th - Swansea Points 30
16th - QPR Points 21

My case has been made, your thoughts?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Why Norwich are the best promoted team? Empty Re: Why Norwich are the best promoted team?

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 23 Feb 2012, 12:17 pm

I think it's a bit more complex than just that to be honest, I'd say the single. Biggest thing would be their away form, so far they've plasyed 13 games, won 4 drawn 4 and lost 5, that's a pretty decent away record, I think Man Utd only won 5 on the road last season, Norwich are a team that fight to the death and always have a go and due to the nature of the Premier League it means they'll get more wins than losses at home, their approach to away games is refreshing though, with the exception of the really big clubs, they've went out to win games away from home rather than not to lose them, this shows the Martin O'Neill influence in Paul Lambert

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Why Norwich are the best promoted team? Empty Re: Why Norwich are the best promoted team?

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 23 Feb 2012, 5:36 pm

What about Norwich City 1-2 Leicester City?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 23 Feb 2012, 6:12 pm

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:What about Norwich City 1-2 Leicester City?

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Whistle
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 23 Feb 2012, 6:24 pm

Yes, Norwich are the best promoted side, because they're the highest in the league. I think it's as simple as that.

Whether by the end of the season will be the best side promoted, we can't know.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 23 Feb 2012, 6:29 pm

We are purely the best promoted side because we have AARON WILBRAHAM Yahoo
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 Feb 2012, 6:35 pm

i acutally think swansea are the better side..

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:07 am

think we can all agree QPR are the worst
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:33 pm

Think we'll have to wait until the end of the season to answer this. But I agree the have been the best so far, even though they do have inferior squad compared to the other 2, on paper!

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 24 Feb 2012, 12:49 pm

Reason QPR are the worst is because they have an idiot in the shape of Barton who none of the other players respect. Oh and they have pretty poor defence. Swansea are definitely much better on the eye than Norwich, but perhaps Norwich are higher in the table because they compete better physically and in the air.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 24 Feb 2012, 4:37 pm

I think QPR's problem is they are not a team, Norwich's side has travelled up the league's together and Swansea's team is intact from last year as well. QPR's side is a mash-up of other team's rejects.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 24 Feb 2012, 5:37 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:Reason QPR are the worst is because they have an idiot in the shape of Barton who none of the other players respect. Oh and they have pretty poor defence. Swansea are definitely much better on the eye than Norwich, but perhaps Norwich are higher in the table because they compete better physically and in the air.

That's the stereotype about Norwich but we went to Swansea and completely outworked and out passed them. We had 53% possession.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri 24 Feb 2012, 6:54 pm

Crimey wrote:Yes, Norwich are the best promoted side, because they're the highest in the league. I think it's as simple as that.

Whether by the end of the season will be the best side promoted, we can't know.

That's a very simplistic view and one that doesn't always give an accurate account of things

I believe Liverpool are a better side than Chelsea and Arsenal, they have even beat them twice at Stamford Bridge and at Arsenal, Liverpool for some reason can't convert the amount of chances they make however and find themselves below them in the league table

They look like they have more unity, make more chances, lose a lot less goals than both those sides.

I just don't think that simplistic view tells the true story

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:05 pm

Swansea are the best team for me, play the better football but haven't had much luck thus far.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:08 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Swansea are the best team for me, play the better football but haven't had much luck thus far.

You have obviously never watched Norwich play this season. Outplayed Swansea at football twice!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:09 pm

Only watched them live 5 times so you're right.

Stoke
United
Chelsea
West Brom
Tottenham

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:12 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Only watched them live 5 times so you're right.

Stoke
United
Chelsea
West Brom
Tottenham

Fair enough but we do play good football. We're just more efficient than teams like Swansea. If you saw Stoke you must realise we weren't lucky that day
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:23 pm

The 1-1 result against Stoke was the right scoreline as far as i'm concerned.

There's still a lot of the season left so we'll see come May who are the most efficient but Swansea do play a better style of football.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:51 pm

Oh yeah Swansea play a better style of football but we're far more entertaining to watch than them
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by FIFA Diva Sat 25 Feb 2012, 12:59 pm

I think by the end of the season Swansea will finish highest from the promoted teams.
FIFA Diva
FIFA Diva

http://www.manutd.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 26 Feb 2012, 11:54 am

ollyrules wrote:Oh yeah Swansea play a better style of football but we're far more entertaining to watch than them
No, you might have more shots on goal than them but you don't look as skillful, certainly a good team spirit to get Norwich where they are, but no-on in their right mind is going to watch Norwich over Swansea this season, too many tall players on your team playing long ball. Swansea > Norwich!!!
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 26 Feb 2012, 4:54 pm

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
ollyrules wrote:Oh yeah Swansea play a better style of football but we're far more entertaining to watch than them
No, you might have more shots on goal than them but you don't look as skillful, certainly a good team spirit to get Norwich where they are, but no-on in
their right mind is going to watch Norwich over Swansea this season, too many tall players on your team playing long ball. Swansea > Norwich!!!

Long Ball?? Laugh
We play to the opponents weakness and when we need to go long ball we can but we play good football all the time. Just ask Man Utd today
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sun 26 Feb 2012, 5:13 pm

You played alright but Swansea caused us a lot more problems.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 26 Feb 2012, 7:23 pm

Norwich might just be another Stoke, aggresive tackles, big long balls and aerial presence, hopefully you won't leave players with broken legs though... Wink
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 26 Feb 2012, 7:29 pm

mad mad mad
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 26 Feb 2012, 8:25 pm

ollyrules wrote:

Long Ball?? Laugh
We play to the opponents weakness and when we need to go long ball we can but we play good football all the time. Just ask Man Utd today

Olly - nothing to worry about there. I would remind all of the wise words of one of the greatest managers in the history of the game, Liverpool's Bob Paisley:

''It's not about the long ball or the short ball, it's about the right ball.''

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down