The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maidana vs Alexander

+22
OasisBFC
KO-KING
ShahenshahG
School Project
AlexHuckerby
bellchees
Sugar Floyd Louis
steven24
The Galveston Giant
Seanusarrilius
azania
Imperial Ghosty
oxring
Nico the gman
Unbeatable Georgey Groves
Steffan
Soldier_Of_Fortune
John Bloody Wayne
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
manos de piedra
Rowley
Valero's Conscience
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Maidana vs Alexander - Page 2 Empty Maidana vs Alexander

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 24 Feb 2012, 9:31 am

First topic message reminder :

There's not been a huge amount of talk about this but i'm quite excited about it, well maybe just because it gets away from Haye/Chisora talk!

This is a huge fight for both guys careers with Maidana looking for big fights at WW if he wins and Alexander trying to regain some credibility after quitting against Bradley and then gifted (IMO) a win against Matthysse.

It's your typical boxer vs slugger match up and I think Maidana will stop Alexander in the late rounds.

I rate Maidana over Matthysse and he had Alexander down and landed big shots so confident Maidana can do the same.

It's also a 10 round fight which will suit Maidana's all out style more.

One fear is that it's in Alexander's home town and I think Maidana won't be able to win on points!

For anyone interested, Sky Sports are showing it early Sunday morning with the Adrian Broner fight as well!

Is anyone else interested in this and how do you see it going?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Maidana vs Alexander - Page 2 Empty Re: Maidana vs Alexander

Post by John Bloody Wayne Mon 27 Feb 2012, 3:27 pm

oxring wrote:
John Bloody Wayne wrote:
oxring wrote:7 pounds too many for Maidana I suspect. Would be interesting if Alexander could become a decent prospect at 147.

In other news Deontay Wilder overcame a supremely challenging, hugely testing opponent by TKO in 3.

Yes, the opponent hadn't fought since 2007 - but that just shows how long this Marlon Hayes had been training for the Wilder fight.

And the fact that he was 3-10(4) in his previous fights doesn't matter either - obviously, Hayes knew that one day, in 2012, he'd have a fight with Wilder and wasn't focused on his boxing.

We whinge about Warren's development with Cleverly - what about Wilder?

2 years amature experience, less than 4 years pro. Just sayin'.

I've heavily supported Wilder's choice of opposition before - because he is so inexperienced. But I can't see that a guy who has gone 3-10(4) and hasn't fought for 4 years is going to provide any sort of a learning experience for him. Surely he needs to be finding journeymen with a decent chin and some footwork - rather than some fella who he can dance around for 3 minutes, potshotting at will.

I agree with you overall, but given his youth I don't think another bum in the W collum's gonna hurt him. If he rises too quickly he could run into a prime Klistchko, if he bides his time he could get to world level at the right time.

Alexander did look so, so sharp. Nothing more to add then what's already been said really. Alexander looked more relaxed, stronger, more composed and skillful at 147 whereas Maidana didn't look solid and didn't have that power. Previously only the very best have lasted the distance with him, and even then it's never been easy. Alexander made it easy. Makes me think of Wilfredo Gomez: Murderous power puncher and super bantam, then at fatherweight he suddenly looked so much more average.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Tue 28 Feb 2012, 1:13 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs wrote:Matthysse is really underrated, he could very well be unbeaten. He could (should) have got wins over Judah and alexander.

He hits as hard a maidana IMO but is more skilled, faster more durable but doesn't throw as many as Marcos.

Apparently Maidana and Matthysse met 4 times as an amateur. With Maidana winning 3 times and the other being a draw. I know it was the amateurs but it does make you think there is more to Maidana then meets the eye.

Unless things are different in the US, or the rules have changed, you can't have a draw in the amateurs

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Tue 28 Feb 2012, 1:34 am

It would have been Argentina would it not? - don't know if they have slightly different rules there.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2