The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradley vs Alexander

5 posters

Go down

Bradley vs Alexander Empty Bradley vs Alexander

Post by Jamson Sun 30 Jan 2011, 3:17 am

Really intriguing fight in the increasingly competitive 140 division. I give the edge slightly to Tim due to him having slightly faster reflexes and he showed a great fight strategy in the Witter bout (a southpaw like Alexander)

The winner should fight Khan for a undisputed champ at 140.

Jamson

Back to top Go down

Bradley vs Alexander Empty Re: Bradley vs Alexander

Post by sofa Sun 30 Jan 2011, 9:24 am

I was disappointed by the fight! Thought Alexander backed up way too much, neither seem to have much punch power. Alexanders movement caused problems for Bradley but do think he was looking for a way out. Bradley seemed to be getting stronger and Alexanders lack of power meant he couldn't keep the shorter man at bay. Interesting rather than exciting fight as I've not seen much of either fighter before.

Bradley was made to look poor but khan wouldn't run, I do think he has the movement to beat Bradley but Khan does like a rumble and if he looses discipline and gets sucked into a brawl Bradley could take the honours. Would be a good fight though.
sofa
sofa

Back to top Go down

Post by Perfessor Albertus Lion V Sun 30 Jan 2011, 2:01 pm

sofa wrote:Bradley was made to look poor but khan wouldn't run, I do think he has the movement to beat Bradley but Khan does like a rumble and if he looses discipline and gets sucked into a brawl Bradley could take the honours. Would be a good fight though.

~ Why sir, Mr. Khan ran like a thief in the nite against light fly-swatter Mr. Kotelnik.

Additionally, the boxing cognoscenti are typically ignoring the question of how much Mr. Khan has left after a brutal beating by Mr. Maidana. Nobody was complaining about Mr. Alexander's punching power before. He just didn't fancy the battle against a little dynamo who easily matches Mr. Khan's speed and reflexes.

We shall see who Mr. Khan and his big hitters GBP/HBO really want next, won't we?
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
Perfessor Albertus Lion V

https://www.606v2.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 31 Jan 2011, 12:36 am

Perfessor Albertus Lion V wrote: Additionally, the boxing cognoscenti are typically ignoring the question of how much Mr. Khan has left after a brutal beating by Mr. Maidana. Nobody was complaining about Mr. Alexander's punching power before. He just didn't fancy the battle against a little dynamo who easily matches Mr. Khan's speed and reflexes.

We shall see who Mr. Khan and his big hitters GBP/HBO really want next, won't we?

An excellent point! Khan took a fair hiding - especially in the later rounds. I have always felt an immediate rematch with Maidana was a better shout than some Peterson/Macloskey. Who the hell tunes in for Macloskey who wouldn't anyway? As opposed to the majority of the same interest in a Maidana rematch.

I was quite impressed by Bradley yesterday. He outboxed Alexander - to be frank. Yes - he didn't do it with pretty fundamentals. But since the modern fundamental of boxing seems to be don't get hit and then don't get hit again - who cares? He outjabbed a guy with a longer reach and (theoretical) mobility advantage. He fought him up close and dominated the close exchanges. He landed the clearer, harder punches and roughed Alexander up. Alexander just looked like he didn't want it as much. If I had a criticisim - Bradley could have let his punches go more - but when you've just unified 2 belts and taken someone's "0" - who cares?

I don't understand why the fight was criticised as failing to live up to expectations - because I thought it was excellent. The action was fast paced and aggressive. The only down side was the finish.

Did anyone else think that Alexander sought a "way out"? I thought he looked for the headbutt at the end - he knocked Bradley's hands out of the way on the way in - so he could be hit by NOTHING but Bradley's head. He was then hit on the wrong side of the head for the bad cut - (yes there was a nick the corner of his eye) - and he seemed none the worse for wear as previously.

I don't think the fight tells us that much about Bradley-Khan. Khan would be forced to fight on the inside more - and this would be a stern test of Khan's ability. Bradley has good skills and is teak tough. Let's hope he brings enough money for the fight.
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Jamson Mon 31 Jan 2011, 12:40 am

Not the first time bradley has been involved in a headbutt.. he'll have to keep an eye on that.

Bradley vs Khan now please HBO

Jamson

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Mon 31 Jan 2011, 11:48 am

Bradley should've been deducted points, made one of Andre Ward's fights look like a clean affair ffs!

All i heard in the aftermath was a rematch clause, for the love of god i'd rather watch re-runs of JC v Bhop than that borefest.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon 31 Jan 2011, 12:08 pm

Thought you were going down with the 606 ship coxy! Glad to see you on the new 606 matey.

Yes - there were a lot of headbutts in the fight - but in a weird way, I wouldn't have blamed Bradley for most of them. Alexander half the time seemed to think the best way to fight him was to knock Bradley's hands out the way and lunge in and try to clinch. Bradley is quite short and will always do better in a clash of heads.

Alexander seemed to think the best way to fight was to clinch ALL the time - at least the Klitschko's hit before they hold...
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down